No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
03/30/24 +2.4 Days

Search

Anniversaries

No anniversaries today.

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » Getting our Player Base back
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
 Author Getting our Player Base back
Sops
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2019-07-13 15:27   
Bring back scenario and fix the resource system so you don't have to wait hours to spawn a ship.

Scenario is far better then MV when player counts are small but people are going to want to get into action relatively quickly, not sit around for hours and hours interrupted by brief moments of combat.

*Caveat, I haven't played in a long time but these are the things that made me leave.

Guyton (Angel of Death)
Marshal

Posted: 2019-07-16 19:02   
Unless it's going to Steam with the scenario server it'd be lucky.

*Flash*
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2019-07-19 15:10   
Tbh i never liked scenario and i would never play there. Imo MV is much better playing with ur clan and having more bemefits but id love to see darkspace on Steam or anything that would bring the player base back. I never seen darkspace like this with no combat,an empty game. Its sad. For me atleast. Every day i think about this beautiful game and see that nothing is done to improve it. Everyone is saying that i have a job and real life,etc. If its hard then quit. Please i beg you do something. If you guys cant do something to inprove then sell it,maybe someone else can do much more and bring the game back where it was. Thats my thoughts. See you around! Hope to see you in the lobby!

[ This Message was edited by: *Flash* on 2019-07-26 14:17 ]

Email *Flash*
BLADERUNNER2019
Chief Marshal
Ravenous Wolfpack Clan

Posted: 2019-07-26 14:43   
Quote:
On 2019-07-19 15:10, *Flash* wrote:
Tbh i never liked scenario and i would never play there. Imo MV is much better playing with ur clan and having more bemefits but id love to see darkspace on Steam or anything that would bring the player base back. I never seen darkspace like this with no combat,an empty game. Its sad. For me atleast. Every day i think about this beautiful game and see that nothing is done to improve it. Everyone is saying that i have a job and real life,etc. If its hard then quit. Please i beg you do something. If you guys cant do something to inprove then sell it,maybe someone else can do much more and bring the game back where it was. Thats my thoughts. See you around! Hope to see you in the lobby!

[ This Message was edited by: BLADERUNNER2019 on 2019-07-26 14:44 ]

I agree 100%! \m/

Coatesjr
Vice Admiral

Posted: 2019-07-29 16:55   
was wondering if the servers are down.. I hit free to play and still waiting on my activations code. its been years since I played and was thinking of getting the game some attention through streaming any ideas on how to get back in and starting up again?

[ML]RogueAvengerTTV
Marshal

Posted: 2019-08-28 11:44   
Honestly just releasing to steam would probably attract a good ammount of people to the game new and old i think the meta-verse is one of the best sandbox space mmo enviroments to date just needs players

Email [ML]RogueAvengerTTV
joshuacm
Admiral
Ravenous Wolfpack Clan

Posted: 2019-08-28 17:17   
Quote:
On 2019-08-28 11:44, [ML]RogueAvengerTTV wrote:
Honestly just releasing to steam would probably attract a good ammount of people to the game new and old i think the meta-verse is one of the best sandbox space mmo enviroments to date just needs players

me: we wand darkspace on steam

mom: we have darkspace on st4eam at home.

darkspace on steam at home: https://store.steampowered.com/app/1122810/DarkSpace/
[ This Message was edited by: joshuacm on 2019-08-28 17:17 ]

Fatal Mack Bolan(WildCards_58th)*COM*
Marshal
Fatal Squadron

Posted: 2019-09-01 23:07   
interesting that somebody can hijack the name 'darkspace' and not be facing a lawsuit......i just wonder if the copyright on the name has expired.......

peace out...........
R.I.P. Stephen Hawking
R.I.P. sean connery
R.I.P. adam west

Email Fatal Mack Bolan(WildCards_58th)*COM*
-DBS
Marshal

Posted: 2019-12-10 08:55   
Yooooo,

How has everyone been?

ADmiraLMaXimus (Bringer of Doom)
Chief Marshal
Praetorian Wolves

Posted: 2020-01-14 17:48   
what has happened here...

we have a limit on how long we can cloak?
never mind energy running low that fine...

and dont mind that ecm can detect a phased cloak
our ships arent electronically cloaked so ecm should not work on us.

now the hit and run we are famous for is not doable...

and we cant cloak and run away cause we will be vissable sooner that wanted...

our weapons power was reduced too....

i have not played in a long time thinking the devs would do the right thing,

and make k'luth what they were before...

we deserve over powered weapons as our hull damages easily.
we deserve to cloak without limit on how long based on energy consumption.
we should have our systems and weapons like they were 10 years ago...

thats right ive been arround that long

i played UGTO and ICC before and like the stradegy type of group effort that the kluth are known for and thats why i stayed k'liuth for so long but this game has got to do better for K'luth...

Email ADmiraLMaXimus (Bringer of Doom)
Daisy
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2020-01-19 07:04   
I'm curious if you ever tried playing against the k'luth, it was really frusterating that they could hide for as long as they wanted, and no amount of ECCM and beacons could counteract it in a meaningful way.

As much as I liked being able to hide and choose my battles as k'luth, it was absolutely maddening to play against, especially when the teams were stacked and they would relentlessly track you into deep space and follow you into interdiction fields.

I'm pretty sure k'luth was responsible for driving away a lot of new players, ambushing low ranking players who barely had the rank to use destroyers.
[ This Message was edited by: Daisy on 2020-01-19 07:11 ]

Chief Marshal
Praetorian Wolves

Posted: 2020-01-20 19:40   
I used to play against kluth before...

while ugto had armor and icc had shiels to protect them the kluth organic armor was weak... although the kluth weapons were powerfull before the human weapons were not as powerfull ... if you got closer to the kluth you would do more damage to them and they would still remain visible and unable to fire while waiting to cloak and if you fired on them enough you could track where they were going quickly and keep firing in thatr area od space and maybe they would lose cloak and or weapons then you win....

just like kluth had a stategy to fight and be effective... the human factions had to do their own strategy...

back then
UGTO need repairs to stay in fight so use support craft and when support kraft were in sight enemy would target them thus the alpha ships would be without damage while enemy was shooting at support.

ICC just rotated shields and attack in numbers to be effective.

kluth was hit n run.

but if players actually used strategy and used a variety of ship they would be more effective in any faction.

the issue was many players just wanted to press the space bar and play to win easily.

leaving onlu the kluth to need a strategy.....

think about what cloak is first of all..... it is to hide......

if you want to see use beacons. now you can hit enemy and they cant fire back right away.

with strategy alot can be done but players have to want to play and not mash a space bar.

long ago when i stared I was ugto.... with a carrier at long range i sent fighters to a planet where i saw repair droned fixing a kluth ship.
back then kluth could be cloaked unlimited and i still saw the repair drones flying arround ... i used ctrl key to remote target the point where i thought the ship was... did know what ship yet....
eventually evey fighter was launched and attacking from 4000 AU away.
so I could not be seen and if i were by the planet they could have seen me.

well they had eccm to help hide themselves there i guessed because they could not see my fighters.... eventually i destroyed a HIVE.... which was the ship because they asssumed they were safe and getting repaired... but my strayegy helped me win...

i just want the challenge back where we had to work as a team...

thank you for your time

Chief Marshal
Praetorian Wolves

Posted: 2020-01-20 19:42   
i do agree however the senario servers was where i learned to start playing this game... that would help to bring back again...

in those servers you could try choosing a fleet but it was never for sure...

Bob117
Vice Admiral

Posted: 2020-01-21 05:52   
Don't get me wrong Im a old fan of this game but after over ten solid years I sure a new graphics engine would help a lot? Updating the graphics in some way at least bring them to a level that was considered top of the line for somewhere between 2010-2015? Personally im thinking whatever game out of all the game genres that had the absolute best graphics in 2010 for a pc game would prob attract new players. I don't know much about game development or how graphics engines work and surely top of line graphical requirements for 2010 wouldn't be asking too much from the average person today considering its 2020 and all but I could be wrong and feel free to correct me or add opinions etc.
[ This Message was edited by: Bob117 on 2020-01-21 05:53 ]

Email Bob117
Daisy
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2020-01-26 10:06   
The graphics of this game were never a problem for me, but the user interface is just sooo clunky that the game still feels like a pre-alpha with the most bare minimum GUI systems in place to make it functional.

I have a lot of ideas to make it better... maybe someone could introduce me to the relevant code and some explanation of how the functions work?

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
Page created in 0.027466 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR