Welcome aboard Visitor...

Daily Screenshot

Server Costs Target


44% of target met.

Latest Topics

- Things Dark Space needs to Address »
- Scenario/Admiral Server »
- DarkSpace FB Messanger Group By T-Roy! »
- Random Lobby Quotes »
- How did Darkspace loose it's customers? »
- "GCQL MFC stopped working »
- Holly Cow Its alive!! »
- Crash invof Agincourt Carrier. »
- How we can manage if someone cheating »
- "GCQL MFC stopped working" when launching the app »

Development Blog

- State of DarkSpace Development »
- Potential planetary interdictor changes! »
- The Silent Cartographer »
- Cloaking update... »
- Tools for tips »
- Fleet levels and more! »
- Game Mechanics Question and Answer Thread »
- Under Construction »
- Ship Tiers and You »
- Give Credits feature now live! »

Combat Kills

Combat kills in last 24 hours:
Kills chart
Killboard

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
12/14/17 +3.3 Days
- Towel Day
05/25/18 +164.6 Days
- International Talk like a Pirate Day!
09/19/18 +281.6 Days

Search

 

Anniversaries

No anniversaries today.

Facebook & Twitter

Why not follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Developer Feedback » » has the end finally arrived
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
 Author has the end finally arrived
Eledore Massis [R33]
Fleet Admiral
Templar Knights


Chatting in 'DarkSpace English'

Joined: May 26, 2002
Posts: 2678
From: tsohlacoLocalhost
Posted: 2016-03-11 18:41   
Quote:
On 2016-03-10 21:54, MrSparkle wrote:
What's up Doran? What's up everyone.


One more to drop in and say hello.
Hi Sparkle!

But OT;
I can't say i helped a lot in the last two years, been bussy myself.
BUT BY DARN, i'd give doran a hug, beer, $100, honust credit for what he has done keeping and watching over this game.


Then said, love how the forums never changed from day one i joined.
_________________


Deminos
Grand Admiral

Joined: April 30, 2008
Posts: 1
Posted: 2016-03-11 22:28   
what just happened is this done for good because that would really suck:( iv played this for a long time pleaseeeeeee bring it backkkk
_________________


Pakhos[+R]
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black


Joined: May 31, 2002
Posts: 1348
From: Clean room lab
Posted: 2016-03-12 16:23   
Let me tell you a secret.

I pray to all mighty god not to bring back .481 or .483.

Seriously, I cant kill my own kind to make time to play.
_________________
* Josef hands [PB]Quantium the Golden GothThug award for best melodrama in a miniseries...
[-GTN-]BackSlash: \"Azreal is a master of showing me what is horribly broken in the game.\"

  ICQ status
TroyMars
Chief Marshal
T-Roy! and Friends


Joined: July 05, 2005
Posts: 256
From: Kentucky
Posted: 2016-03-13 16:57   
Quote:
On 2016-03-10 03:26, Crim wrote:
Quote:
On 2016-03-09 16:36, Abbot wrote:
Quote:
On 2016-03-05 17:01, Doran wrote:
Quote:
On 2016-03-04 23:35, Alcedo wrote:

What a pity the staff abandoned the game in this state instead of five years ago when it was still playable.




i'm sorry, i hadn't realized. next time the metaserver has an aneurysm and piddles on the carpet i wont bother bringing it back up again. that way you dont have to worry about whether or not it's playable and i can go do something other than logging in every single day to make sure the game servers are running.






Is it realy such an effort for you? Maybe its time someone else did it that actually enjoys and apreciates the game. At least we may get a response that realises the frustrations of the players.
Just a suggestion!!



Considering Doran is the only one who's been keeping this place alive for the past few months, I think you aught to slow it down there pal.




Sounds like a personal problem. He could promote me today, and I'd watch over the servers.
_________________


  Email TroyMars   Goto the website of TroyMars
Talien
Marshal
Templar Knights


Joined: May 11, 2010
Posts: 2038
From: Michigan
Posted: 2016-03-13 17:37   
Quote:
On 2016-03-10 21:54, MrSparkle wrote:
What's up Doran? What's up everyone.




Wow, it's MrSparkle. I'm stuck with garbage satellite internet (seriously, duck you hughesnet) that's keeping me from playing.
_________________
Adapt or die.

Eledore Massis [R33]
Fleet Admiral
Templar Knights


Chatting in 'DarkSpace English'

Joined: May 26, 2002
Posts: 2678
From: tsohlacoLocalhost
Posted: 2016-03-14 18:56   
Quote:
On 2016-03-13 17:37, Talien wrote:
Wow, it's MrSparkle. I'm stuck with garbage satellite internet (seriously, duck you hughesnet) that's keeping me from playing.


Depends on the Connection, but indeed your latency is your biggest issue. try playing a fps-game with 800ms.
But good to see you (and everyone else) atleast lurk around.
_________________


Talien
Marshal
Templar Knights


Joined: May 11, 2010
Posts: 2038
From: Michigan
Posted: 2016-03-19 02:16   
Quote:
On 2016-03-14 18:56, Eledore Massis [R33] wrote:
Depends on the Connection, but indeed your latency is your biggest issue. try playing a fps-game with 800ms.
But good to see you (and everyone else) atleast lurk around.




Yeah, I often get 800-1000ms and that pretty much kills any sort of MMO gaming for me. The only ones I'm playing right now are Star Trek Online and Shadowrun: Boston Lockdown, the former because there's no penalty for dying and the latter because it's turn based so it doesn't matter if I have garbage latency.
_________________
Adapt or die.

Kenny_Naboo
Marshal
Pitch Black


Joined: January 11, 2010
Posts: 3820
From: LobsterTown
Posted: 2016-03-22 01:28   

I still liked the 1.5x days
_________________
... in space, no one can hear you scream.....


Alcedo
Chief Marshal

Joined: June 03, 2010
Posts: 126
Posted: 2016-03-22 10:17   
I wish I can get a straight answer direct from Faustus: Is it or is it not possible to rollback to 1.5x.

_________________


  Email Alcedo
Riley!
Chief Marshal

Joined: May 29, 2002
Posts: 256
Posted: 2016-03-22 13:51   
Quote:
On 2016-03-22 10:17, Alcedo wrote:
I wish I can get a straight answer direct from Faustus: Is it or is it not possible to rollback to 1.5x.



If memory serves the answer is either no unfortunately not, or yes..but in two weeks.
[ This Message was edited by: Riley! on 2016-03-22 13:51 ]
_________________


Crim
Fleet Admiral
Sundered Weimeriners


Chatting in 'DarkSpace English'

Joined: March 16, 2003
Posts: 1324
Posted: 2016-03-23 20:37   
Quote:
On 2016-03-22 10:17, Alcedo wrote:
I wish I can get a straight answer direct from Faustus: Is it or is it not possible to rollback to 1.5x.




As Riley said, it just isn't possible. The way the system works ends up getting alittle convoluted, but the short of it is that it's not possible for us to rollback the game after an update has been pushed out.
_________________


Pantheon
Marshal
Palestar


Joined: May 29, 2001
Posts: 1703
Posted: 2016-03-24 16:54   
It is possible for us to rollback, ut there would be huge issues. Everything would be rolled back (absolutely everything), which would mean we'd have to re-do work to get the backend to work on Linux, and the rest of everything else.

So, whilst technically possible, it's just not feasible. We have limited time as it is. Plus everyone looks at previous versions with heavily tinted glasses. Even the much lauded 1.480 had many issues that would, today, make it unplayable.

I would highly recommend people read my State of DarkSpace Development post.
_________________


Escapee
Grand Admiral
Native

Joined: February 04, 2011
Posts: 4
From: Syria
Posted: 2016-03-27 12:38   
It is sad to see the best better ever game i played in my life shutdowning, i hope will not, because i am waiting my kids to grow and plays it in the future.

I had tried to reintroduce it in my blog by giving a good story about Darkspace.
_________________
Lonely Man in a deep space
Zaher

  Email Escapee   Goto the website of Escapee
Demorian
Fleet Admiral
Galactic Navy


Joined: October 06, 2001
Posts: 3403
From: Charlotte, North Carolina
Posted: 2016-03-30 14:29   
This thread is hilarious. I lost it at "GothThug don't come around here no more."

It's a miracle DS is still around at all, and the fact that it is validates the dedication and perseverance of a few key fans who are able to keep Richard involved despite his other obligations and keep the community running in the face of stagnation. Have some perspective and be thankful.

Need more? Look at my registration date. Seriously, look at it. That's when DS was a new game and on the verge of release. That was what we would now call "Steam early access" 15 years ago. Every came I know of that's still keeping its servers running on a similar engine 15 years later is ungodly fortunate to still be around, and its proverbial boat sure as hell isn't going to be rocked by one person posting arbitrarily about the end of days as if they have the authority.

Which, by the way, has happened... oh, I don't know, Doran, about how many times, you think?

As for me, I'll only take these threads seriously when Faustus posts them. Just a tip for any other five-year hotshots looking to get some attention.

-Dem
_________________


Riley!
Chief Marshal

Joined: May 29, 2002
Posts: 256
Posted: 2016-03-30 14:34   
Quote:
On 2016-03-30 14:29, Demorian wrote:
This thread is hilarious. I lost it at "GothThug don't come around here no more."

It's a miracle DS is still around at all, and the fact that it is validates the dedication and perseverance of a few key fans who are able to keep Richard involved despite his other obligations and keep the community running in the face of stagnation. Have some perspective and be thankful.

Need more? Look at my registration date. Seriously, look at it. That's when DS was a new game and on the verge of release. That was what we would now call "Steam early access" 15 years ago. Every came I know of that's still keeping its servers running on a similar engine 15 years later is ungodly fortunate to still be around, and its proverbial boat sure as hell isn't going to be rocked by one person posting arbitrarily about the end of days as if they have the authority.

Which, by the way, has happened... oh, I don't know, Doran, about how many times, you think?

As for me, I'll only take these threads seriously when Faustus posts them. Just a tip for any other five-year hotshots looking to get some attention.

-Dem




+1
_________________


Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
Page created in 0.043788 seconds.


Copyright © 2000 - 2017 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR