No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
03/30/24 +1.5 Days

Search

Anniversaries

21th - Doran

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » /report usage...
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
 Author /report usage...
Chromix
Cadet

Posted: 2002-12-28 08:52   
I´d like to clarifiy the usage of /report a bit here.

Use /report for things that require immediate action by the staff.
If somethings does not require immediate action then post it to the feedback forum.

Also include a complete description of your problem/situation in the /report which helps the staff to react to it.

Examples for bad reports:
"Hello"
"Anyone there ?"
"Any admin on ?"
"When is the new patch being released ?"
"I need help"
"I just lagged into a planet, can you compensate me ?"

Examples for good reports:
"Foo is killing teammates on the newbie server as UGTO"
"My clanmates and I can not enter the Luyten system coming from Lalande, is there a server problem ?"
"Sag Hottha in Sirius looks like it was sabotaged within the last hour

Also, after you got a reply by a staffmember, do not use /report to talk to them, use /send @userID to reply to the staffmember directly.

Email Chromix
Neon Samurai
Cadet

Posted: 2002-12-29 10:06   
Bump

OFP
Cadet

Posted: 2002-12-29 10:49   
Sorry I was just trying to get the recipe for Darkspace Chilli

I won't do it again, I promise. Until I need another recipe from the Darkspace cook book. You just don't understand how my crew gets pissed. Telling them it spaghetti night again...

Neon Samurai
Cadet

Posted: 2002-12-30 10:43   
Puntola again

Null {C?}
Admiral
Evil Empires Inc.

Posted: 2002-12-30 23:01   
OK, so do we /report when we are stuck in a gate or no?

Neon Samurai
Cadet

Posted: 2002-12-31 00:00   
yes you still /report when you use /connect

Bumblebee
Cadet
Mercenaries of Andosia

Posted: 2002-12-31 01:15   
it is quite simple

use /report to.... report something important, who needs the attention of the staff

do not use it to communicate

Email Bumblebee
NightDragon
Cadet

Posted: 2002-12-31 04:26   
okay, i woudl sudjest that you always clerfy what you mean by "dont use it" becuase maybe not all of us are that smart and or get confused easy

jedi42
Grand Admiral
Evil Empires Inc.

Posted: 2002-12-31 09:39   
what happens if a mod incessantly calls you a newb and then you get an official warning for reporting him?
jedi42, darkjedi42, [drunk], hoid o' toitles, evil, rum, cl2k drainer, gdi, {C?}, hive teets, fusion mating, perfect cloud formation, death star, point jump, tractor scout, torp det, def cluster, cloaked elf

Clete2 {C?}
Cadet
Evil Empires Inc.

Posted: 2002-12-31 09:56   
actually somebody (I think it may have been one of the admins, theevilgriffin (?)) told me that /report is not to be used when you are stuck in a gate and use /connect

Featuring: My Blog.

Email Clete2 {C?}   Goto the website of Clete2 {C?}
Selvarian {IMC}
Cadet

Posted: 2002-12-31 10:51   
Quote:
what happens if a mod incessantly calls you a newb and then you get an official warning for reporting him?

First, unless the messages you are receiving are prefixed with MOD: or [MODERATOR], then a mod is not calling you a "newb", but a player is calling you a "newb". While playing in-game, moderators are considered to be players, unless they specifically designate their messages as being official in their capacity as a moderator. That said, they still are accountable for their behavior, as moderators still are held to a higher standard than regular players.

Second, if a player OR a moderator is harassing you (especially the latter), then the most appropriate course of action is to post a complaint in the Staff Feedback forum, or contact an Administrator privately, if you prefer. Unless a staff member is doing something that threatens the integrity of the game, /report is the wrong way to go about it.

At any rate, I seriously doubt that you received a warning for simply "reporting" a staff member for misconduct. However, if this is indeed the case and you wish to file a complaint about such treatment, please feel free to post a petition in the Staff Feedback forum, and we will investigate and address it.

Founding Member - Interstellar Mercenary Corps

Email Selvarian {IMC}   Goto the website of Selvarian {IMC}
Dr Evil
Cadet

Posted: 2002-12-31 11:27   
When to use /report...

1) When you are stuck in a gate and need to use the /connect command. Bypassing systems in the MV by using the /connect is a big time NO NO. When you are stuck in a gate, use /connect to go to the system the gate would have taken you to. We check the server logs all the time, if we see /connect instances without a matching /report to explain why it was used, we will take punative actions for abusing the command. The servers store the info by date/time and tell us where you were redirected to, so it is very easy to see if you bypassed a system entirely or not.

2) When the servers are lagging out badly. When servers lag badly, everyone can still talk to each other, you will see lots of people repeat actions, warp around alot, take an excessive time to jump (5 seconds more after pressing J and hitting zero count), lots of people get disconnected at the same time, these are instances in which /reports are greatly appreciated as we will need to reset the server. If you see a single person warping around alot, that is just them, do not send a /report. If you have the zero jump couter for a minute or two and you hear no chatter on the com channels and everyone's ships are turning pretty little circles, then you are no longer talking to the server and a report will no good. If you see a planet with more then 32 structures, do not report it, you are mildly out of sync with the server, you just need to jump 20k gu's away from the planet and the server will resync you, at worst case you will need to reconnect.

3) When someone is doing something very wrong in the game servers. This includes FFing your teammates, sabotaging planets to let the other factions win, being verbally abusive, etc.

4) When you need to speak to a staff member immediately about billing problems or problems getting DarkSpace to run properly. Use some common sense here please, if the question can wait and doesn't need an immediate answer, please post it in the appropriate forum.

When to NOT use /report...

1) When you lag into a planet and want compensation. Go into the Staff Feedback forum and put in a nice post about how much you want back, what you lost, how you lost it, etc. We check this forum on a regular basis and will get to you.

2) When you feel like just saying "Hi" to the staff or to declare your undying love of the game.

3) When you have a game suggestion you're just dying to pass onto the staff. Please post these in the Suggestions forum.

4) Anything that is not a dire emergency. If you can wait for an answer, please post your question or concern in the appropriate forum.

-Dr Evil

Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabris, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam.

Clete2 {C?}
Cadet
Evil Empires Inc.

Posted: 2002-12-31 12:44   
aurgh well i'm in big trouble for not /reporting all my gate-sticking /connects... i've never abused it except when it was not an exploit a month or more ago.

Featuring: My Blog.

Email Clete2 {C?}   Goto the website of Clete2 {C?}
Chromix
Cadet

Posted: 2003-02-16 15:44   
Looking at the current flood of /reports I think this needs to be pushed up a bit again...

Email Chromix
Sandals
Fleet Admiral
Agents

Posted: 2003-02-16 23:09   
Can you guys make a sticky, none-replyable post? That would work, right?

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
Page created in 0.027304 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR