Combat kills in last 24 hours:
Kills chart
UGTO (1) ICC (0) K'Luth (0)

Upcoming Events

Search

Anniversaries

22th - Eledore Massis [R33]

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » Stop The Flux.
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 Next Page )
 Author Stop The Flux.
Maskerade
Grand Admiral
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2005-06-20 21:24   
Fusions do less damage, smaller splash, but have more ammo, charge faster and have longer range.

Overall in the average pilots hands, Fusions will give the best dps but teh more experienced can do better with the other torp types. It really depends on your fighting style.

BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2005-06-20 21:46   
Impossible Lone...

Fusions do more damage over time, since they have more ammo and recharge faster.

Lonectzn
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2005-06-20 23:32   
My tests were firing for 1min at an icc station without armour or shield,constantly shooting 2 (or was it 4, don't matter though) torps. AM rated highest, p torp next and fusions last. Fusions lower damage is not completely balanced by higher rate of fire.

Ammo doesn't come into the equation, since the overwhelming majority of battles end with torps left. Plus take into account that while fusion have more torps, they also use them more quickly so it is actually offset somewhat.

Again, I could be wrong

Creeping Shadow
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2005-06-20 23:38   
fusion, am, proton, can't beat the power of ... LAG CANNON .. btw i prefer am on ship to ship fusion is for rather siege weaps .. where lil bit of range and constant fire do da deeds ... close battel ya want the lil hitz ya get to do the most damage .. tough ya will have to resitrict yourself from using any beam apart from 1 pulse since enegy consumption is phenominal .. at ...

WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

$yTHe {C?}
Grand Admiral
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2005-06-21 00:15   
Im locking this thread because instead of arguing about the usage of flux, we're arguing about which torps are better.

Right now, I, Grand Master $yTHe will set the record straight...

AM mines 4tw

Thank you, and have a pleasant day.

Creeping Shadow
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2005-06-21 00:17   
hahah $yth ya haven't lock it yet .. and yes am ftw .. sikeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Shigernafy
Admiral

Posted: 2005-06-21 00:45   
Judging by the actual numbers, over a minute, Fusion torps will cause the most damage and require the least amount of energy. They go through less than a quarter of their ammo (assuming constant fire), so that's not really an issue.. but they have the highest damage, higher speed, and lowest energy cost - over a minute.

They have the lowest damage per volley, but over time they are better. I'm not sure where the balance tips in their favor, though; it might require 15 volleys, it might require 3 (judging on damage, since range/energy is always better).

Email Shigernafy
Shigernafy
Admiral

Posted: 2005-06-21 01:05   
oh, the other thing to consider: AMs have a 40gu splash; P and F have only 20gu.

However, I did a check of the numbers.. and AM torps are only better for one volley. Over time, namely after six seconds, F torps are already averaging better damage than AM torps would. This is, of course, assuming average damage - which you may be lucky and have all your AMs hit for max while the F guy has them all hit for minimum - then you've got a big difference. But with averages, F torps kick the others' butts.

Email Shigernafy
Lonectzn
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2005-06-21 03:58   
Well there ya go.

Wonder how I got my values. Perhaps the AM just kept hitting near max, though you'd expect it to average out over a minute.

Still, I'll definitely be keeping my AM. Double the spash distance is just too great an advantage. It's rare you get all your torps hitting, which clearly is where fusions shine. Torps just don't hit often enough for me to use fusion. Detting at 20gu AM will do massively more damage than fusion, and the AM can go another 20gu beyond that.

Though I'm turned around on p torps. I'd thought the splash would be between fusion/AM. P torp look ready for the circular file imo...

EDIT: On a side, most of the problems with torps missing are due to their stupid tracking. Rather than tracking the intercept point, they turn to wherever the ship is at the moment, which usually leads them off the intercept point and hence missing. Torps don't track in beta, and are actually more accurate because of it

[ This Message was edited by: Lonectzn on 2005-06-21 04:07 ]

warner_lowcharge
Admiral

Posted: 2005-06-21 13:40   
One more player signing off beacause of the flux, hope you have a blast fluxing around the MV that's getting emptier every day

Heck, maby i'll even get something done around the house now so thanks and goodnight

i won't unsub or anything tho, i just love to put money on unplayable games.

oh, just a hint : if there will be a beta sterss test this weekend(as many people seem to think) better put it on the news or you might not get many players on!

Rogue Spear
Grand Admiral
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2005-06-21 16:16   
I compare fluxxors to modern day suicide bombers. They press a button and cause lots of damage in a contained area. The effect not only causes physical damage on the ships in its range but causes a demoralizing effect on anyone who is unlucky enough to be caught in its wake. This is evident in the high number of people that are leaving because of this issue.

What gives me peace of mind about the issue is the simple fact that fluxxors usually have the most pathetic stats in the community and for the most part are generally not respected to highly.

To Faustus: Players are leaving because of flux. That means smaller paycheck for you. That means you will have to use regular unleaded instead of premium in the jag, that means Richard Jr. wont be able to go to MIT, and instead will have to settle for Cal Tec. You will also have to settle for the beach house in Aruba instead of Cancun. Think about it, your losing money.....

A few words of wisdom from Rogue Spear

$yTHe {C?}
Grand Admiral
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2005-06-21 16:19   
Rogue Spear, you're going to hell.

BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2005-06-21 16:34   
<3

Nim *
Chief Marshal
Courageous Elite Commandos

Posted: 2005-06-21 17:14   
Quote:

On 2005-06-21 16:16, Rogue Spear wrote:
I compare fluxxors to modern day suicide bombers. They press a button and cause lots of damage in a contained area. The effect not only causes physical damage on the ships in its range but causes a demoralizing effect on anyone who is unlucky enough to be caught in its wake. This is evident in the high number of people that are leaving because of this issue.

What gives me peace of mind about the issue is the simple fact that fluxxors usually have the most pathetic stats in the community and for the most part are generally not respected to highly.

To Faustus: Players are leaving because of flux. That means smaller paycheck for you. That means you will have to use regular unleaded instead of premium in the jag, that means Richard Jr. wont be able to go to MIT, and instead will have to settle for Cal Tec. You will also have to settle for the beach house in Aruba instead of Cancun. Think about it, your losing money.....

A few words of wisdom from Rogue Spear

You must have bad stats then as ur one of the players who use flux everytime. I dont think i've ever fought u without being fluxed by u. But atleast it aint as bad as those flux MD's (chances r u got one of those in ur sy )

[ This Message was edited by: Nim on 2005-06-21 17:15 ]

Fatal Rocko Willis
Fleet Admiral
Fatal Squadron

Posted: 2005-06-21 19:29   
Quote:

On 2005-06-21 16:16, Rogue Spear wrote:
I compare fluxxors to modern day suicide bombers. They press a button and cause lots of damage in a contained area. The effect not only causes physical damage on the ships in its range but causes a demoralizing effect on anyone who is unlucky enough to be caught in its wake.

So we have Terrorist Fluxxors in our midst?

Quote:

To Faustus: Players are leaving because of flux. That means smaller paycheck for you. That means Richard Jr. wont be able to go to MIT, and instead will have to settle for Cal Tec.

What's wrong with Cal Tech? My nephew got his BS in Mech. Engineering from there and his MS in Structural Engineering at Cal Poly....

Kid is 26 and builds bridges for a living and makes like 65K a year.. not too bad for a Cal Tech/Cal Poly grad...

Rocko

Email Fatal Rocko Willis
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 Next Page )
Page created in 0.025611 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR