- Towel Day
05/25/24 +6.5 Days

Search

Anniversaries

20th - Hellaciouss
15th - phoenixfyre
13th - Rain of Fire [O-XII]

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Beta Testing Discussion » » major issue with K'Luth
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
 Author major issue with K'Luth
Meko
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2005-06-28 07:37   
no beep.

nonono beep. have the only warning an enemy ship is about to rape you is your friends screaming at you.

about the jumping while cloaked.... Give it to the luth. then give Planet sensors the ability to see luth from a certain distance even when thier cloaked.

now this wouldnt affect trannys too bad because they have to decloak to drop inf anyway (or so im told) and bombers may be able to line up thier runs in peace, but they wont get the entire drive in as a freebie.

Email Meko
Beast
Cadet
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2005-06-29 01:41   
Backslash let me just say this once for you to tell me I dont know how to use a ship is a insult. Secondly Unlike your spacebar smashing Eads,which has never changed in tactic style. Once again Kluth will have to reajust there thinking. AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!! I say Kluth have to change tactics NOT YOU!!!!!

While most of the changes are for the better some are just plain silly. More or less Dev giving into the cry babies so they will shut up.

So whats BS UGTO getting big buff or Kluth Getting nurfed AGAIN!!! and having to change tactics yet again.

Email Beast
BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2005-06-29 05:01   
Try hitting spacebar over and over in an EAD, see how long you last for energy.

Also, I went around in a mandy, owning everyone I saw...Nerf? I think not.

[ This Message was edited by: BackSlash *Jack* on 2005-06-29 05:54 ]

Tridgit
1st Rear Admiral

Posted: 2005-06-29 05:31   
enough bickering please. lets keep this a discussion about the issue with K'Luth, not about who can 'omfgpwnzor" who.

Drafell
Grand Admiral
Mythica

Posted: 2005-06-29 06:03   
Quote:

On 2005-06-28 07:00, Mithrandir wrote:
And while its true that you have to reveal yourself when you jump in, I was still having to struggle a bit to fight kluth when they'd drop in and out of visibility.

A nice option would be while decloaking, you get the beep and you can see them appearing... but you can't target them until they're fully decloaked - basically, you're even in terms of who gets to fire first. Seems a decent balance.

The target diamond not appearing until they are fully uncloaked would work pretty good.

I was playing K'luth with the 7-10 second decloak timer on the mandy and siphon. They are awesome. I was having so much fun I have been considering going K'luth for a while when this hits release.

There are serious issues concenred with certain devices working while cloaked, which is why we have been forced to restrict their use as it gives the faction and extremely unfair advantage. As it is I think K'luth are nearly there now. They aren't so weak that they can't fight if thier cloak is somehow disabled, Two K'luth working together on the same targets will take each ship down rapidly and, in my view, this is how they are supposed to work.

Across the board people need to learn hte importance of focus fire on a single target. This is a big change from the current release where you can go 1v1 and still hope to acheive quick kills.

I think so far the dev's have done an excellent job with the K'luth and with the correct math for the cloak/uncloak they should be perfect.

[ This Message was edited by: Drafell on 2005-06-29 06:12 ]

Goto the website of Drafell
BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2005-06-29 06:52   
Ditto to what Draf said.

Drow
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2005-06-29 18:50   
ditto also.

If K'luth are a first strike, how do you strike first? When you decloak you have a few seconds of the enemy detecting you and shooting you first, while you have to wait for the cloak to fully disengage before you can fire.

So you fire 2nd.

Thorium
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2005-06-29 19:42   
ya... 2 on 1... we have the people for that... come on now...

ugto - mid ground, for the most part the ships look bang on... love ugto ships atm... like to see all emp wepons to be ugto only

icc - deffencive, for many this means planet camping and the ships do well in that role... however stronger shields and more power (or less power drain from the shields) would bring them up to the lvl of the other factions in that they would be able to fight on any terms as the other factions can (that would be nice imo)... would like to see all defenceive equipment icc only

k'luth - all attack, how ever im seeing near ugto type ships... nearly the same on armor and wepons... id rather have realy weak ships with a hell of a punch and a masive power drain... insta uncloak/timed recloak, jumping while cloaked would like to see all AM/psi based equipment K'luth only

after all there are 3 factions and they sould be different from each other... more so than what we have atm...

Azreal
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2005-06-29 22:21   
In a dessie, modded to full level, I worked in behind a BD. Was in perfect position. Then I screwed up and decloaked. Before I was able to lock on, the BD had spun around nearly 180 degrees, and we alpha'd the same time.

Took 2 clavates and an advanced carrier and hit a 9 defense planet. Did ok damage. Carrier died 2 out of three times though. Seems no armor means no bombing. Shame it has the most bomb slots (3). Tried with Wasp units, and tbh, since they fire mirv type bombs, I found them impractical for use with bio payload. A colony carries the most fighters, and only did 3% damage. These were upgraded, and only reason they did it was I was COBing them to flood the PD. As far as I remember, the telekentics go faster than any ship we have, (or it may have been energy issues) and aren't cloudable. 7 ecm can't cover a single dread, so the amount of ship based ecm nessecary to ECM bomb is phenominal, and quite possibly a tool removed from Kluth's arsenal at this time. I can't see how we can stay at the planet long enough to cap it if enemy shows up, or any way to cloud it w/o a massive amount of bombers or ecm ships. Planetary defense is too powerful on PD ability for all but a very large fleet of kluth to deal with, from what I am seeing.

Reflective armor will ultimately be our downfall, I am afraid. I can take a stock Nest, with the lasers that are on that thing, and NEVER kill a modded sensor frig. (ask Charz) Granted, my nest was stock. But tbh, in MV, you won't see a whole lot of ships modded with assault rupters at l10 at these prices, but I bet you will find armor and shields modded that high. Our HEAVY reliance on beams vs the HIGH abilities of reflective armor plus our near-nothing energy drains are going to be big trouble in large ship engagements.

And that's because of the beacon. Nice that it can be "repped" away, but any Kluth getting beaconed is dead if he doesn't have a bunch of help. Energy reserves spent, armor gone, smoking tail pipe.....and beaconed. If you are near a planet, of anti ship fighters are on you, just get ready to strap a mining extractor on.

OK. One last thing. I have to officially rip this one off, because I really feel that this is a root to the problem. I log into ICC, I see new skins, ships, and gadgets that seem to be effective. I log into UGTO, I see new ships, skins and gadgets that seem to be effective. I log into Kluth, I see no new ships, no new skins, hastily reworked reconfigs, and new gadgets w/o descriptions or even VISIBLE EFFECT. I mean, WTH, UGTO didn't have ENOUGH carriers, so they had to get that new one? Oh, nice effects on that QST. Ever look at that cheeseball stellar? WTH does it even do, besides drain my energy? And a DAMN lot of it for the nothing I get off it.

Now, I may seem a bit angry when I write that. WELL I AM! Ya'll need to show that this isn't about the UGTO. And when I look at the efforts being put into that faction, and I see little to squat done to Kluth and ICC, it makes it hard for you to say there is no bias. VERY hard.

Shut up YOU. I don't even wanna hear it.

As it is right now, the above named issues are where we are really needing tweaks, and I am giving you real situations that I know will be seen in the MV. And I am trying everything I can think of to see what we will and will not be able to do.

As it is, DS is moving to a game system that is designed for major teamwork, which I do like, but I see nothing that is going to make newbies wanna try Kluth now more than before. Sure, we have the cloak. (rolls eyes) After the novelty of that toy wears off (10 seconds after they realize how BAD beacons are), they'll be hopping over to the faction with the most choices on ships and the most powerful weapons. Need I name which one that is?

Thought not.

I'm sorry if I am offending the devs, but I really feel it needs to be said here, as opposed to happening after release.

Azreal

[ This Message was edited by: Azreal on 2005-06-29 22:29 ]

Email Azreal   Goto the website of Azreal
Binks
1st Rear Admiral

Posted: 2005-06-29 22:45   
Quote:

In a dessie, modded to full level, I worked in behind a BD. Was in perfect position. Then I screwed up and decloaked. Before I was able to lock on, the BD had spun around nearly 180 degrees, and we alpha'd the same time.

I agreem decloak it far too long. I feel cloak should have it's timer increased and decloak be lowered to 0. Why is it an exploit to instantly decloak and get the first shot in for a hit and run faction? Since when do hit and run people have to fire second?

Luth do have a lot of trouble capping planet, as it is really. The clavate definatly needs more bombs (4-5 or so) but other than that I think everything is perfect.

Quote:

Reflective armor will ultimately be our downfall, I am afraid. I can take a stock Nest, with the lasers that are on that thing, and NEVER kill a modded sensor frig. (ask Charz) Granted, my nest was stock. But tbh, in MV, you won't see a whole lot of ships modded with assault rupters at l10 at these prices, but I bet you will find armor and shields modded that high. Our HEAVY reliance on beams vs the HIGH abilities of reflective armor plus our near-nothing energy drains are going to be big trouble in large ship engagements.

Reflective armor is far too powerful vs. beams, really annoying to tap and enemy with a missile and do 2-3% dmg, then hit em with every rupter on the scale and do 1-2% dmg...

Quote:

And that's because of the beacon. Nice that it can be "repped" away, but any Kluth getting beaconed is dead if he doesn't have a bunch of help. Energy reserves spent, armor gone, smoking tail pipe.....and beaconed. If you are near a planet, of anti ship fighters are on you, just get ready to strap a mining extractor on.

Beacons need an easy way to be removed and a lowered effect. If a beacon could be instantly removed by a single supply, and had the effect of making your ship visable to all enemy SHIPS within 100-250 gu's...

Quote:

OK. One last thing. I have to officially rip this one off, because I really feel that this is a root to the problem. I log into ICC, I see new skins, ships, and gadgets that seem to be effective. I log into UGTO, I see new ships, skins and gadgets that seem to be effective. I log into Kluth, I see no new ships, no new skins, hastily reworked reconfigs, and new gadgets w/o descriptions or even VISIBLE EFFECT. I mean, WTH, UGTO didn't have ENOUGH carriers, so they had to get that new one? Oh, nice effects on that QST. Ever look at that cheeseball stellar? WTH does it even do, besides drain my energy? And a DAMN lot of it for the nothing I get off it.

Actually, there's nothing wrong with the stellar, HUGE hull dmg but low armor dmg. I do agree that it's annoying for the UGTO, with 35 ships, to get another one and the luth with 20...maybe, to not get a new ship and instead have all their dreads moved to admiral or above...

Luth need some help, Uggies are the faction that seem to be most favored, and ICC seem to be strongest in the next release. Luth have the coolness factor, but that wears off the moment you decloak and get their armor destroyed before you can fire...