No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/11/24 +1.8 Days

Search

Anniversaries

No anniversaries today.

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Fan Fiction » » A New Way of Fighting (fiction)
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 Next Page )
 Author A New Way of Fighting (fiction)
Likkarn *Freelance*
2nd Rear Admiral

Posted: 2006-03-21 14:48   
Really great stuff. How many names are in the series? Real names are great. They arent cheesy. Does it tkae you long to write on of these?

Email Likkarn *Freelance*
HaVoX
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2006-03-21 14:59   
each section was writting while at work around my projects, so not long.

Email HaVoX
GothThug {C?}
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2006-03-21 16:29   
wow, this is a mystery, am i too blame for the explosion? or is the girl mwahhahahahha

Email GothThug {C?}
*COMMANDERHAWK*
Chief Marshal
*Renegade Space Marines*

Posted: 2006-03-21 17:24   
i think you should write sifi books for a living i think you would do well

plan B : take someone with you

Email *COMMANDERHAWK*
GothThug {C?}
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2006-03-22 11:37   
oh and bump

Email GothThug {C?}
HaVoX
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2006-03-22 16:42   
heres the begining of Chapter 3 "Hook Line and Sinker" hope you enjoy, i have much more to write lol.

Chapter 3

Hook Line and Sinker

Kluth Space
A sector of space never been seen by humans
Kiel’ EiTo S’NakoTo Ei Y’tomak’Atar (Leader of the tribes of Y’tomak’Atar)
Colony Science Station
Ki’SoDak EiTo Jo’SoDak (Knower of the Unknown)
Darkscorpions Lab

Switchblade awoke, a bit groggy and with a small headache, he rubbed the back of his head and sat up with his legs hanging off the operating table. After a moment he stood up and noticed Darkscorpions prostrate form on the floor at the foot of the table, still clad in the operation apparatus.
‘Dark,” he sent with some force, as he rushed to his stricken friend and began to remove the straps clamping the device to Darks head and body, Concern emoting from him strongly. Awakened by Switch’s attempts to remove the harness and the strong emotions flowing from his friend Dark swam slowly back to consciousness. He waved off Switch attempts to remove the device, lest he harm it in someway, these things took years go grow.
‘I’m ok,’ Dark sent to his leader and friend, ‘help me stand’ he said as he struggled to rise with the half attached and very cumbersome apparatus still clinging to him. Switch complied and they soon had Dark standing and divested of the heavy biotech equipment. Dark stretched and breathed a sigh of relief as bones popped and muscles relaxed.
‘That rig is not bad to work in, my friend.’ He sent to Switch, ‘but defiantly uncomfortable to sleep in.’ Dark looked at Switch and sent him a serious thought, ‘Kiel’ we need to teach you how to hide that which you know and wish others not to know.’ Dark frowned, ‘I believe the human term is to “lie by omission,”’ he sent. “I am not entirely sure; humans have such a complicated system of deception.’ Dark went to his work station and pressed a node; a fat tentacle slowly grew out the floor and flattened out to a writing surface. He stood and wrote for a while and after several pages pulled a flap of skin off the side of the strange desk, rolled the pages and wrapped them in the skin which sealed and hardened, this he placed in his personal belongings and locked up the case.
Switch watched all this with interest until he was done then sent,
‘Why were you on the floor Dark?’ there was concern in his sending ‘are you ill?’
Dark shook his head, ‘no Kiel’ I do not trust TaRiak, I get strange emotions from him, he spends much time secluded and only sees his most trusted aids.’ Distrust flowed from Dark in waves so strong they nearly staggered Switch. ‘He has been interviewing all his tribal leaders, so far nine have entered the sanctum, five have returned.’
‘Impossible!’ Switch sent, ‘why would the TaRiak kill the S’Kiel’, of his own Clan?’ Switch demanded, ‘it does not make sense.’
‘Perhaps he cannot let them leave once he has shared his mind with them,’ Dark answered. ‘If he is doing something that they would not approve or support, he would have no choice but to kill them.’
Switch walked around the room, his manipulator hands clasped behind his back and his combat pincers clicking agitatedly. ‘This is very serious, we must proceed with caution, he will know immediately if I will support him or not.’ Switch stopped and looked at Dark, ‘no Kluth except another descendent would stand a chance against him.’
Dark half bowed again, ‘with the superior facilities of this station and the time to work, I have learned much that even the TaRiak’s scientist do not suspect or have the ability yet to grasp.’ Darks emotions were nervous and his thoughts hesitant, ‘the reason I was unconscious was that I altered you more then I originally planned to, I will not subject you to any risk that I will not take myself. I was out because after your surgery I operated on myself, it was difficult.’
Switch stiffened, his sending was laced with anger and a bit of fear, ‘what did you do to me Dark,’ his stance was menacing, all four arms out and pincers open. Dark bowed fully and held it. ‘It is your right as my Kiel to take my life, and deservedly so my friend,’ Dark paused and sent. ‘I have put a sleeper in your chest, if your emotions reach a certain state, one only likely to happen if you enter into combat with the TaRiak, it will release very fast acting retrovirus, as well as hormones to enable you to survive the rapid changes you will undergo, it will take but moments.
‘Get up Dark,’ Switch sent with annoyance at himself for posturing and anger, as well as at his friend for doing this without his prior knowledge. ‘You should have asked first.’
‘I know Switch, but you were already out when I access my memories and seen what I must do, there was no time to wake and brief you.’
‘Anyway,’ Switch asked, ‘what will this retrovirus do?’
‘It will make you stronger, faster, and more resistant to damage as well as enhance your mental capacities for processing information that will be more acute and coming much faster.’ Dark looked straight in his eyes, ‘you should be the equal to any of the descended,’ Switch was taken back. Aspiring to be equal to a descended was tantamount to heresy, or was it? The Helyu Y’Rath’Atar stated that if one was abler to lead then another it was his holy duty to do so, though this was loosely attributed to the lesser tribal leaders, not the descendants. The Y’tomak’Atar were seekers of the unknown, and this was defiantly unknown, could it be possible? Switch’s mind raced with the possibilities when dark interrupted his thoughts.
‘Switch, you can not take command of the Y’tomak’Atar, TaRiak has children and they have loyal followers, you would be assonated before you could reach the council of tribes to lay your claim.’ Dark paused, ‘they would also consider us unsuitable for rule in our new conditions. We must teach you to hide all what has happened here today, we must both remember nothing till we are free’
‘If we can not remember now,’ Switch asked ‘how will we do so later?’
‘I wrote what we needed to know and sealed it, it will be delivered to your ship while we go to see the TaRiak.’ Dark answered, ‘now listen close I will instruct you.’
Switch listened closely as Dark reveled to him the secrets of his new abilities.

R33-8710 System
Paul
ICC R33-8710 System Fleet Command Post
Fatal Squadron Headquarters
09:30 June 26, 2295 Galactic Standard Time

Ants sat in a briefing room with Fleet Admiral Waitin, founder of the famous Fatal Squadron, Taxi, and Grand Admiral Command the squads Command Officer. They were hosting a joint meeting for ICC Military Intelligence with ranking members from three of the ICC’s most prominate Fleets, SYN, S.W. and Raven at the long oval meeting table that dominated the room. The topic of the discussion was projected on the massive display at the end of the room. It was blown up picture of the UGTO spy device represented in several frames from it being fully intact to various stages of disassembly. Important portions of the devices anatomy were earmarked by callout balloons bearing an alphanumeric designator inside. Each member present also had a large portfolio containing a smaller version of the projection, key to match the called out numbers and a dissertation of the presentation they were receiving. A obviously new second lieutenant was presenting the data while his senior a seasoned Colonel stood watchfully nearby, Both were ICC Military Intelligence and worked directly for the committee which represented the entirety of the ICC not one Fleet. Ants was bored out of his skull, he would much rather be out in space settling their differences with the UGTO over a smoking particle cannon then listening to the second lieuie drone on about circuits and sub circuits.
Some one jabbed Ants in the ribs with their elbow jarring him back to the room, apparently he had began to drift and didn’t realize it.
“Ants, wake up,” CO hissed under his breath, “this is important.” He gave Ants a stern look.
Ants hissed back, “Can’t I wait for the movie, or read it on the can, this is killing me.”
CO coughed back a laugh, “just pay attention, it shouldn’t last more then a couple more hours.”
Ants groaned and tried to focus on the lutes detailed presentation.
“As I showed in figure 12d, the flash memory was still intact,” he pointed to the display with a laser pointer, “here. You can reference the data we recovered in appendix C, section 3.2; it clearly shows that the device was designed to copy encryption, personel and fleet movements originating in Andosia.” He paused and asked, “Any questions? No? Then let’s continue. The device as you can see in figure 12e was also equipped with a receiver-transmitter relay that tapped our own systems COM equipment. This leads us to believe it was part of a network of devices that may still be in place.” Again Lt. Helyer paused and surveyed the crowded room, with no questions he continued. “We believe the unit was beaming the data, hidden within normal traffic through the Jump Gates universal COM link into Ross 448, a heavily contested system that we have had continued military actions against the UGTO in recent history. This data could then be intercepted and passed along to Sol, or reach another link within the Ross 448 system. We are looking into that now.”
There were some murmurs amongst the fleet leaders over this last part as they discussed in whispers their suspicions with each other.
“Gentlemen if you would please, the lieutenant has one more thing to add before we go to open discussion.” The aged colonel directed at the assembled brass. “Thank you.”
Shooting his Colonel a quick thankful look Lt. Helyer turned back to the fleet leaders and began once more.
“Military Intelligence believes there is another link, this device has a frequency and a transmission schedule hard coded into the processor. We believe we could use that to send a false data set, indicating the need to move more forces towards Kluth space. This would allow us to set an ambush of sorts for the UGTO fleet bound to respond to the chance to take Ross 448 while it is under protection of a skeleton fleet. To insure its success we will leak the information to a few known enemy spies.”
Ants perked up a bit, ambushes and counter espionage were defiantly more to his liking. He listened to the lieutenant as he briefed them all on MI’s initial plan for the ambush, and asked them respectfully, as masters of their trade to dress it up and present a finished copy to the council for approval. With that finished Lt. Helyer retired from the podium and went to stand by his superior, who watched the assembled group of the brightest fleet leaders the ICC had to offer, began to take the outline of an ambush and give it life. He nodded to the lieutenant and left the room satisfied that the officers in the room would have a plan by the end of the day.

R33-8710 System
Paul
ICC R33-8710 System Fleet Command Post
Melly’s Car
14:30 June 26, 2295 Galactic Standard Time

Ants rode beside Melly who piloted her small hover car through the dense base traffic. He sighed a second time since getting in the car and looked out the window.
Melly reached over and patted him on the leg, “what’s the matter babe,” she said in a concerned voice. “You’ve looked down since the staff meeting.”
Ants turned to her and put his hand on hers, “there’s going to be a huge ICC joint fleet action soon, it’s going to involve several fleets in an attempt to ambush the UGTO to reclaim all of Ross 448 and attempt to capture a fleet officer to determine the scope of the UGTO electronic infiltration.”
Melly frowned, “that doesn’t sound bad, where’s the catch.” She questioned.
Ants let a sour smile creep onto his face, “the catch is I have to pick a officer, crew and ship to be a patsy, bait so to speak.” He looked out the window again, “after the fleet is assembled and the false information leaked to the UGTO, we still need a ship to be operating under the ruse of collecting data and planting sensors for a covered withdraw of our fleet to Kluth space.” He paused, “the ship and crew would be either sacrificed to draw the apparently limited fleet left behind to rescue it, or captured to interrogate and determine the skeleton fleet’s location. Either way we lose someone.”
Melly squeezed his hand and shot him her best ‘Cheer Up’ smile and said, “I know, let’s go get something to eat, food always makes you think better.”
Ants smiled and laughed quietly, “you never cease to amaze me Mel, no matter what’s going on you know just what to say.” He said.
“Good then its settled,” she said with a grin, “I know the perfect place.” She turned the hover car onto a ramp leading to the main road off base and turned up the radio.

R33-8710 System
Paul
Center City
Goththugs apartment near the river district
13:45 June 26, 2295 Galactic Standard Time

Goththug woke up to the gradually louder and louder rumbling of the Intercontinental Ballistic Shuttles engines revving up for take off. As the sound grew louder the walls began shaking, sifting dust from above the ceiling through the cracks that permeated his ceilings and walls. The rumble grew into a growl and then a roar as the shuttle lifted off on a suborbital arc that would land it on the other side of the planet in less then forty five minutes, shaking the glassware in his cabinets and making his hangover that much more mind numbing.
“Yea,” he thought to himself, “this place sucks but the price was right.” He rolled over in his bed and felt a body. Opening one eye slowly Goth peered at the back of a pretty blond head snuggled down in the covers. “Hello,” he thought to himself as the nights events all came rushing back. After leaving Manny’s they had caught a taxi to a club district in a better part of town, it was pricier, but the marines had been loaded and Goth felt like celebrating. I mean it wasn’t everyday you escaped from six marines, a pissed Manny with a blast rifle and still got the girl. They ate, drank, danced, and drank some more, change clubs and repeat, Goth couldn’t remember the last time he had so much fun since he was decommissioned. Slightly amazed the shuttle hadn’t awoken her Goth reached over and stroked her hair.
“Anybody in there,” he joked as her face emerged from under the covers, eyes half lidded, she gave him a sleepy smile.
“Is it morning already?” she asked, sitting up in bed with the covers pulled up to her neck, she looked around. “Nice place,” she said taking in the large apartment.
“Well it’s actually around one pm,” Goth answered looking at the room to. “The apartment was a executives place way back when the river was used for trade, it was high priced housing after that until the IBCS started making jumps out on the island, now they almost have to pay people to live here.’
Deja laughed, “I thought I heard something,” she said wincing as she put a hand to her head, “my head hurts.”
Goth slid out of bed, “let’s get cleaned up,” he said heading for the bathroom to start a shower, “foods a sure fire way to fix that.” As he tested the waters temperature, he hollered, “I know just the place to go to.”
Deja’s arms wrapped around his chest, and he felt her lips brush his ear, “I’m sure you know all the right places,” she whispered in his ear as she pushed him into the shower.
An hour or so later they were sitting in a quaint little diner having a late breakfast trying to decide what to do with what was left of the day. Goth sat across from her watching her eat and rattle on about various places and things from last night and couldn’t help but wonder what the hell was happening to him. He had always been a bit of the ladies man with a rough and tumble, roguish good looks, or so he was told, but he had never became attached. One relationship would end or overlap another in an endless string of bad breakups and broken hearts. This time though he felt something with Deja that he couldn’t put a finger on, all he knew for sure was that he liked it.
“Hey tiger,” Deja said poking him in the chest with her fork, “are you listening to me? She asked with a smile.
“Halfway,” he answered honestly, which was weird in itself concerning Goth and women. “I was thinking,” he said.
“Oh yea?” she questioned putting her elbows on the table and resting her chin in her hands with her fork pointing out the window they were setting by. “Thinking about what?” she asked.
He looked at her sitting there with the afternoon sun glisten in her hair and blurted out. “Why don’t you move in with me, it has gotta be way better then that shelter,” he would have continued babbling, but she reached out a hand and put a finger on his lips.
“I’d love to baby,” she said looking into his eyes, “but I cant.”
Disappointment sunk Goths heart to somewhere near his lower bowels, “you can’t?” he asked. “Why?”
“I have other family there,” she said, “we promised to stick together till we were sure of our futures.”
Wheels were clicking in Goths head and he leaned back causally, “It a big place you know, four bedrooms, lots of room.” He held his breath as he paused, waiting for her to reply.
Deja toyed with the food on her plate, “I don’t know Goth, I really like you, which is kinda strange for me,” she paused and looked up at him. “Can I think about? I’d also like you to meet my brothers first.” She had an imploring look that he couldn’t resist.
“Sure thing,” he answered, and then joked, “brothers you say? Like in big over protective ones?”
Deja laughed, “yes, my big brothers,” she looked at him through lowered eyelashes, “and don’t worry they know I’m a big girl.”
“Great,” Goth said, “maybe we can meet them this afternoon, the sooner the better.”
“Maybe,” she replied with a little smile, “we’ll see.”

[small][ This Message was edited by: HaVoX (afk, writing, read the story!) on 2006-03-22 16:45 ][/small]

[ This Message was edited by: HaVoX (afk, writing, read the story!) on 2006-03-22 16:47 ]

Email HaVoX
GothThug {C?}
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2006-03-22 17:00   
OMG OMG OMG! Havox i love you! *hugs*

Email GothThug {C?}
Walrus of Apathy
Admiral
Templar Knights

Posted: 2006-03-22 18:09   
can i be in one of your stories? i'll do fine as either a tranny or interceptor frig.you can make a name for it.

Email Walrus of Apathy
HaVoX
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2006-03-23 08:36   
Ill work you in, I have UNSC already in the story so it wont be hard to pop u in divines fleet

Email HaVoX
HaVoX
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2006-03-23 13:59   
Here is the finish of Chapter 3 "Hook Line and Sinker" i am begining work on chapter 4 "In Times of War" next, enjoy and comment, i like and use the feedback.

Andosia System
Hilg Orbit
UGTO Drop Squadron
01:25 June 26, 2295 Galactic Standard Time

The Fleet fly boys had arranged their AR shuttles in a circle noses facing out, they were spaced so the weapons bristling along their nose, wings and hulls laid a precise cover fire around the perimeter. Between the fire power of the AR’s and the entrenched marines, it was unlikely a gnat could infiltrate their perimeter during a suppressive fire exercise. Bull walked the perimeter anyway, as the Top sergeant in this outfit he took it as a personal duties to recheck the layout as many time as John, the Captain, needed, then walked it two more times to satisfy himself of its readiness. Their ECCM techs had laid out Sonics to keep the Kluth’s ‘land mines’ at bay. They were really subsurface antipersonnel missiles, evil little genetically created monsters that reacted to sounds in the soil and homed in on human body temperatures, exploding just beneath the feet of unsuspecting marines. There were rumors of huge creatures of similar natures capable of leveling cities with just a hand full of them, though they were never substantiated. Bull kept an ear on multi band which was scanning the different Fire Teams frequencies for activity as he made his rounds, so far nothing. He crossed a series of trip wires and entered the perimeter, he didn’t call out or ask permission to enter, and he knew he was in the sights of several marines as well as the weapons officers on the shuttles from the time he left till he returned. He saw the Captain sitting at a field desk working on the search pattern and marking grids as the Teams report each area clear. Bull had just reached the Captain when Fire Team 3’s 4th lance reported in.
“Lima 4 to Fox Tango 3 leader, we have something here, I think you should see this, over”
“Roger, Lima 4 in route to you location,” Fire Team 4’s team leader responded. “Secure the perimeter, over.”
Bull walked up to the Captain, “sounds like they found something Captain.” He remarked as he poured a cup of coffee from the microbrewer on the field desk, “If its anything hot were ready for them here.” John nodded to Bull, while he referenced Lima 4’ Location.
“They are just under a click northwest of us,” John said pointing on the map with his pen. “Have Fire Team 2 and 4 assume flanking position and support them.” He tapped his chin thoughtfully, “alert Fire Team 1 and tell them to stay sharp.”
Bull nodded and ‘yes sired’ the Captain and began to issue the orders, by time he had finished with Fire Team 1, Fire Team 3’s leader was reporting in.
“Fox Tango 3 to Fox Bravo, we have something here, prepare to receive video, over.” The Captain keyed a command into his portable command console and returned.
“Roger Fox Tango, transmit at will,” he set back and peered into the consoles screen.
“Roger Fox Bravo, sending, over.”
Video began streaming into the console, what looked like a small impact clearing judging by the smashed trees as well as dirt and foliage strewn all over appeared on the console.
“Fox Tango 3, we are receiving, copy one large hole,” Bailey sent to the Fire Teams leader. “What’s the deal with it?” He asked.
“Glad you asked,” The lieutenant in charge of the platoon sent back, breaking marine radio protocol, “look at this.”
Bailey and Bull leaned closer, as if proximity to the monitor would allow them to see better, as the lieuie in the video bent, gathered a double handful of dirt and debris from the ground and tossed it into the crater. The dirt sailed into the pit and stopped about four feet off the ground, the seemed to ripple where it impacted and left shimmering trails as it slid to the pit, there was a oblong object in the pit invisible to both scanners and the naked eye, in other words it was cloaked.
“Son of a,” Bull began to swear, “Did you see that, or am I losing my mind.” He asked Bailey.
“yea I seen it Bull,” Bailey said, using Tops nickname in the field was a sure sign Bailey was not happy with what he saw and his mind was working double time to make sense of the situation. “Hey Hawk, come look at this,” bailey shouted back towards the AR shuttle Hawk was monitoring the rest of his birds from. “You might find it interesting.”
Hawk who was sitting with his feet propped up on flight console was talking to the cute little redheaded Weapons Officer when he heard bailey yell. ‘What now’ he thought to himself, then smiled his most winning smile at the WO,
“What do you say we finish this conversation over dinner in the officer’s lounge back on the Avenger when we get back?” he asked, swinging his feet to the floor. The WO was about to answer when Bailey yelled again.
“Today Hawk, we could be dead by time you get here.” Hawk shot an annoyed look toward the bay door as the WO said. “You better go sir, we can talk later,” with that she turned her attention back to her station.
“Damn jarheads,” he muttered to himself as he exited the shuttle. “What is so damn important now.” He grumped as he came up on Top and Bailey; I was in the middle of some important systems checks.”
Bull shot him an evil grin, “I wonder how Weapons Officer Tuttle feels about being considered a ‘Systems Check’ sir.”
“Ah, yea, what do you got John.” Hawk asked changing the subject and leaning to look at the screen, Bailey rewound the clip.
“We just received this a moment ago from Fire Team 3,” He hit play. Hawk watched as the dirt slid off the object and swore.
“I’ll be damned, that’s a Kluth cloak,” he straightened up, “those don’t work in atmosphere.”
“This one does,” the Captain began but was interrupted by an emergency alert from the COM link on his desk, followed by a rapid fire transmission.
“Fox bravo, we have contact, burrowers blew the device, lost six men, break,” the transmission paused for a second or two then renewed. “Device was a pod of some sort, heavy Kluth infantry moving into area, break.” There was a great deal of static and clicks as the signal forced its way past attempts at jamming. “Falling back, pulling in flanks and returning to Fire Base, over.”
“Damn it”, Bailey swore, six men was nearly a quarter of Fire Team 3’s force, “Top, get Fire Team 1 on the horn and get them back here to support our units here. Looks like the away teams are bringing company.”
“Yes sir!” Bull barked his blood was boiling as he contacted Fire Team 1 and issued orders, this is what he lived for.
Bailey turned to tell Hawk to ready his people, but the agile pilot was already gone. Bailey looked towards the shuttles which were whining a last minute weapons checks were performed and the armored bay doors slammed shut, leaving only the hell holes in the ships belly as the only entrance point. Bailey turned and watched as Top rallied the defense teams of the Fire Base, closed his console, and crossed into the command bunker they had dug in the night before and set up shop.
“Game on,” he said to himself.

R33-8710 System
Paul
Center City
Merchants Sector
15:00 June 26, 2295 Galactic Standard Time

Ants and Melly ordered their food in a popular Bar & Grill famous for their microbrew as well as having the best sandwich menu within a thousand miles. The interior was related to the time of day, the windows they sat by were clear during the day giving the establishment a sunny atmosphere highlighted by wall art depicting pastoral scenes, pictures of staff, friends and famous patrons. At night the windows tinted, the artwork, holographic in nature changed to that more of a modern nightclubs fare, as well as strobes from the ceiling and a dance floor once the tables were removed.
“This is your favorite sandwich shop isn’t it?” Melly asked, looking at him across the table. Her heart bled for him, he always suffered when the ‘job’ required he send his pilots into certain death.
Ants tried to brighten up for her, “Yea, I’ve almost tried everyone so far,” he opened the menu, “thirty more to go or so, though I warn you don’t try the Andosia Prime slug steak,” he said with a shudder.
Melly laughed, it was musical sound that lightened Ants mood dramatically “you’ve got to be kidding me you ate one of those.” she teased, “And you kiss me with that mouth?” Melly made little gagging noises and acted like she was getting sick.
Ants laughed, and looked at the menu, “ah, here we go,” he said expansively, “marinated Andosian cave spider legs, served on light loamy tree fungi bread with a rare Sag Hothan fruit fly larva spread.” He paused and looked at Melly over the menu, “shall I order two?”
Melly looked a little ill, “you better not order one if you know what’s good for you buster,” she said making a fist at him. “I’ll stick with the French Dip and some chips, if you don’t mind,” she said tartly.
“Suit your self,” Ants said, “I think I’ll try it.” Melly was about to tell him what else he wouldn’t be doing if he ordered sandwich when she caught someone out of her eye on the street.
“Hey isn’t that Goth over there coming out of that diner across the street?” she asked Ants pointing out the window.
Ants looked out the window and seen Goth escorting a beautiful blonde woman to a taxi. “Sure looks like him,” he answered squinting at the couple, “but the girl is way to good looking for it to be him.” He said without thinking.
Melly kicked him under the table, hard. “What’s way to good looking?” she asked primly, “really why don’t you tell me about it some more,”
Alarm bells and idiot lights went off in Ants head, “Way to good looking is any woman who brushes her hair for Goth,” Ants began carefully. “You on the other hand fall into the astoundingly beautiful category,” he took her hand, and she turned her head with mock anger. “To which even I am unworthy,” he finished kissing her hand like she was royalty, “forgive me my Mellymoo.” Never able to stay mad at him even when she was really was mad; Melly turned and brought his hand to her lips. “You better believe your not worthy,” she kissed his hand, “just be glad I love you, ya big oaf.”
The waiter took that particular moment to show up, and as Melly ordered her sandwich Ants watched Goths taxi leave the curb and slowly an idea began to form.

Sol System
Earth
UGTO Central Command, GTN Fleet Headquarters
Old Pentagon building, District of Columbia
16:00 June 26, 2295 Galactic Standard Time
Fleet Admiral Demorian, GTN Fleet Commander

Fleet Commander Demorian read the dispatch in numb silence, the bombing hadn’t hit the media yet but it would soon. The loyal citizens of the United Galactic Trade Organization would soon be howling for ICC blood. The UGTO and ICC had enjoyed a period of relative peace of over the last few years, with minor skirmishes over border colonies and systems. Those isolated battles served more to blood their noobs and keep their vets sharp more then in any real expansionist moves by either faction, plus there was always the Kluth moving in anytime there was a momentary weakness. All these factors had come together in the decades past to keep the UGTO military and fleet funding strong, which was meant to ensure readiness for situations like the one before him now. Dem knew that once all this, plus the additional evidence sure to surface with the investigation was placed before the council that a unanimous decision would rapidly be reached, all out war with the ICC. The days of limited, even bordering on friendly combat with their discontent brothers, were over. With this in mind, Demorian began issuing several orders to GTN, as well as a heads up to any of the sister fleets the UGTO boasted that may not have heard of the tragedy yet.
A hour later, he had brought the entirety of the massive GTN war machine to high alert, sent fleet elements from garrison duty to reinforce strategic locations, and finally he sent a massive fleet to Lalande with orders for Grand Admiral Starfist to command, he was certain that the ICC would try something soon, or failing that the Council would order a fleet action against them. He fully intended that GTN would be ready, and as first in line, in charge of the combined UGTO forces bound to be gathered soon. He also dispatched orders to the GTN Fleet Intelligence Branch, he wanted answers, and he wanted them now. His orders directed them to investigate the bombing as well as to step up operations gathering Intel from the ICC and cull back the number of known spies the ICC had planted in their organization. Dem sent the last of his dispatches and leaned back in his office chair and looked at the awards and accommodations that GTN had earned as fleet over the years, once again GTN was going to war.

Independent Metaversal Broadcast News
Transmitting with out Faction Affiliation since 2200
Multi system broadcast over Jump Gate UniFreq
Time stamp relative on and about June 26, 2295 Galactic Standard Time

Breaking news,

Huge explosion rocks UGTO held Andosia Primes Fleet Headquarters, at roughly 1:30 am on the morning of the 26th of June. Reports are still coming in but deaths are expected to be upwards of 20,000 men, women and children, the bulk of who were UGTO fleet personel and their families. The damage is rumored to be at this point a half a mile wide crater dominating the once proud facility, now brought to its Knees.
GTN’s System Commander, Grand Admiral Starfist refused to comment on the attack or how it could have slipped past his command. Official word from the GTN Office of Public Affairs made the following statement.
“The matter is being looked into, Admiral Starfist is under no investigations or suspicion, additionally we would like to point out that planet side security was and is the jurisdiction of the Marines stationed here for that purpose.”
Lieutenant General Julius Underwood, Commander of Andosia Primes Marine Security forces was unavailable for comment.
Amid the allegations of this being an ICC originated terrorist action, the UGTO High Council has been rumored to be in emergency session, though confirmation is not possible at this time.
The ICC has responded with a firm denial to all charges of involvement and has countered the claim with a yet undisclosed, smoking gun allegation of unforgivable violations of the current treaty agreements concerning covert operations and espionage. The ICC did not specify the charges stating to do at this time would compromise the value of the evidence in the United Worlds Court, but jeopardize the counter espionage operatives responsible for uncovering the scandal.
Only time will tell, will the UGTO and ICC enter into full scale warfare, shattering the relative peace of the last few years which has been prosperous to both factions? Or will the ICC triumph in the UWC gaining even more accords to the tenuous treaty now in place. Let us no forget the Kluth, what will they do with a war between UGTO and ICC on the horizon?
All this reporter can say is check your shelters and hope for the best, it seems as if the shaky peace of the last few years has just become a little shakier.

Alison Franklin
IMB News

[small][ This Message was edited by: HaVoX (afk, writing, read the story!) on 2006-03-23 14:31 ][/small]

[ This Message was edited by: HaVoX (afk, writing, read the story!) on 2006-03-23 16:12 ]

Email HaVoX
Peter Wiggin
Midshipman

Posted: 2006-03-23 14:29   
Yay.. I better not die....*shakes fist at Havox* =)

GothThug {C?}
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2006-03-23 14:31   
MORE MORE MORE! hehehheehheh >:)

Email GothThug {C?}
Likkarn *Freelance*
2nd Rear Admiral

Posted: 2006-03-23 15:08   
Nice. Hopefully more combat to come? I like the espionage part too. Cant wait to hear what happend to the Marines on Hilg. Great stuff. Keep it going.

[ This Message was edited by: Likkarn on 2006-03-23 23:57 ]

Likkarn *Freelance*
2nd Rear Admiral

Posted: 2006-03-23 23:57   
Double post, sorry.

HaVoX
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2006-03-24 08:32   
yes much more combat in the near future since i have established most of my main chars now

Email HaVoX
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 Next Page )
Page created in 0.026942 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR