No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +5.6 Days

Search

Anniversaries

21th - Chubba

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Tactics & New Players » » How to... play as K'Luth
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
 Author How to... play as K'Luth
The Super-Happy Fun Frigate
Ensign

Posted: 2010-04-12 10:48   
I agree with NoBoDx in that it is rather pointless to fire at any other part of the enemie's ship that is in the green when there is a section that is in the red. It makes the task of defeating an enemy much more difficult than it has to be and offers a chance for fellow enemy ships to jump in to assist the ship you are currently attacking.

In regards to the K'luth being like vultures, in short, a damaged ship makes for an easily defeatable target. I am sure this goes for all factions in that if there is a target that is with low hull, all ships, not just the k'luth, would rush in to blow it up, making an easy kill while recieving less damage. As said before, the K'luth weild the greatest firepower, but lack strong armor as compared to ICC and UGTO. Therefore, they often rely heavily on the cloak, their power-house weapons, and accuracy. They could join in in a firefight between UGTO and ICC to knock off ships in those factions that have full health, but they cannot stay in the fight as long as UGTO and ICC due to their armor and may need to cloak after a while to avoid destruction. Plus, you often get those "temporary alliances" in which a UGTO and ICC might both fire at your one k'luth ship. The k'luth are generally made for fast-striking: uncloaking, hitting the target with heavy firepower to destroy the enemy, and then cloaking back before before surrounding fire from other enemies can damage you to your hull.

ssj4megaman
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-04-12 16:15   
Pretty much everthing has been said... The one thing i really want to point out is what really really makes luth on of the most factions is our teamwork... RARELY RARELY RARELY do you ever see a luth fighting alone. If there is 1 ship uncloaked by himself, you better believe there are at least 3 more ships waiting to nibble on your hull.

Sure we have some pretty good weapons (except for am torps =P) but we always go in together and we HARDLY if ever leave one of our own to die.... sure its alot easier for us to do this because of cloak, but the thing is I always see the other factions letting a injured teammate jump away and nobody goes to watch his back.

I think if any of faction were to play wolfpack like we do, it would be trouble for the other factions. Use your pings in coordination.. few shots to us and our armor is gone. We have gotten so good at wolfpack, we rarely have to say or coordinate in mid battle sometimes.
Someone on the left flank will attack and cloak then move left, the mid person will do the same, the right flank will fire on the same target, cloak and go right and the 2nd, 3rd, 4th, may slow down wait for everyone to get out of the way so he doesn't friendly fire, etc etc etc. Doesnt always work perfectly, but works most of the time.

Also as AZ pointed out. know when to jump and when to cloak... I cannot say how many dreads i have lost because i chose to cloak instead of jump. Took me many weeks before i started doing it properly.

Energy-
One thing i do for my energy managment is i use projectiles more than my flashlights because they take alot less energy.. then when i see that delicious red arc, ill throw in flashlights.

Email ssj4megaman
DiepLuc
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2010-04-26 14:39   
The most relax thing while playing Kluth is you can cloak and AFK, or sleep.
The most sad thing while playing Kluth is you shall want to afk and sleep waititing for ICC vs UGTO.

Kluth ships are longer than ICC and UGTO, so drive it is not easy.

And if you decloak to ambush, do it from behind, or to the rear the ship.

Cloaking gives the kluth transport high chance of successfully unload the infs. However, Kluth HT is also the weakest so be careful while you are transfering the infs to capture the planet which have ICC type def on it.

Actually, I never successfully capture any ship by Kluth HT. People seems to kill kluth HT at first glance, or run away ASAP when see it.

Kenny_Naboo
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2010-05-06 22:46   

Combined arms tactics is the key.

Unlike the hoonams (especially ugly hoonams) who only know how to field stations and dreads, and the occasional cruisers, K'Luth fare better when fielding a few dreads, cruisers and dessies.

Mobility and stealth is your friend. No one man, or one ship, is an island. They all have their strengths and weaknesses.

Mandi and Siphons engage the enemy from long range. This will serve to distract the enemy while the short range attackers (Krills, Claws, Scales, and Scarabs) manuever their way in. If the enemy takes the bait and point jumps the Mandi, dictor him immediately.

While the heavies like the Krills begin to beam the enemy and take all the attention, the dessies and cruisers can buzz around and add to the damage count and confusion. This is where the Scarabs can come in close to decimate the station's armor and hull with closely placed mines.

Even a UGTO station will fall in under 2 minutes if the fleet focuses on one.

The key is to focus fire on one enemy at a time. If an enemy dread or station goes down, they immediately lose a lot of offensive capability.

But if everyone goes after his own target, you will not eliminate the opponent count, and by virtue of your own weaker armor, you will find yourself on the defensive very soon.

DiepLuc
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2010-05-07 02:22   
I used to lay mines under the node, not sure it is efficient. Is it better to lay the mines in front of the ship?

Somebody told me should turn on PD when you encouter scarab. But I think the scarab is deadly to big ship. In cruiser class and smaller, I don't have to, since the size and the speed of the ship may afford to avoid the mines, turn on PD just get me in heavily injured.

ICC players taught me that when encouter the scarab, stop and pulse beam then the mines will harm scarab, not sure if it work.

Kenny_Naboo
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2010-05-07 04:24   
Quote:

On 2010-05-07 02:22, Diep Luc wrote:
I used to lay mines under the node, not sure it is efficient. Is it better to lay the mines in front of the ship?

Somebody told me should turn on PD when you encouter scarab. But I think the scarab is deadly to big ship. In cruiser class and smaller, I don't have to, since the size and the speed of the ship may afford to avoid the mines, turn on PD just get me in heavily injured.

ICC players taught me that when encouter the scarab, stop and pulse beam then the mines will harm scarab, not sure if it work.

U can lay mines under stations. But you'll damage yourself too as mines are AOE. And yes, it's harder to mine ICC cos of their pulse wave.

It's better to 'bomb' your opponents w mines. There are a few variations of this tactic. But the basic gist of it is to drop mines in your opponents path. You let him run into them, or remote det them as he comes near.

My fav targets are stations. They're big, slow, n hard to miss. Plus I can survive 2 alphas worth of hits, rep n repeat. But I prefer to hit them when they're distracted fighting another station or dread. Hit n run.

Iwancoppa
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2010-05-07 18:04   
weay to fly K'luth:

sup till you get krill.

Get krill, cloak.

Find enemy

Uncloak at 600-400 GU and mash spacebar until your dead, they are dead, or your power is dead

Jump in and finish them off with a kamikazeeee

Tommas [ USF HunnyBunny ]
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2010-05-07 19:56   

There is no specific guide to how kluth acts.
There is always ppl that say attack, cloak then reply. But those ppl don't know anything about what we do.

I believe jack said that numbers always win. In some sort that's the truth. And that's what kluth ppl try to do, We attack when we overpower the enemies. Attack when when we outnumber an enemy in an situation.

And this is the reason why Ugto/Icc complain. its a human reaction, if u lose ull complain. Even if the enemy outsmarted you. You will complain.

The ones that know how to play as kluth always think twice about attacking, we don't jump in and attack. we play smart. and that's what make us better, we don't complain because we die. we know when we get defeated. The PB fleet wont complain. We will attack back with new ships and win the fight.

But today we all have to list n. If a weak member aint good, we have to respect that statment, even if its bull., we have to adapt so that the weak member can be allowed to play. That is why we got these planet defense. That is why we got no pres loss, That why we got these easy rank up that we do. Or is it because they want to attract new ppl i this game and earn some money?

My 2cents,

Azreal
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2010-10-18 18:42   
The newest 'Luth tactic:

Strip down to your undies, and smear self with blue mud.

Gather around enemy in a completely disorganized fashion.

When somebody - ANYBODY - yells "I'm doing - x- action", everyone uncloak and proceed to give the squishiest side of your ship to the most powerful enemy vessel in range.

Die. Die quickly. Die so fast and stupidly that veterans are spitting their high-caffine drinks through their noses onto their $200 backlit keyboards.

Heal. While healing, you must pat youself on the back for the speed at which you did -x- action.

rinse repeat.

At some point, QQ nonstop over the fact that you seem to always lose pres.

The end.

Wish I was kidding, but for a week now, this is what I see. I hope by bumping this, some new luths READ and LEARN.

/end sarcasm

Email Azreal   Goto the website of Azreal
deathblave
Marshal

Posted: 2010-10-19 05:57   
kluth is a faction ment to ambush and work togeter for the kill
what makes most people mad is its easy to go for the outnumbered
side first be it ugto or icc but thats how it is.
but as a kluth watch ur energy if u use all it up beefore u get to the target
u lose the advantge over them also u put everone on ur team at risk
hit as hard as u can and e jump away to let ur friend take em out
when u e jump if u have 20% energy or more abort ur jump and cloek
move slowly and recap ur energy and wait to hit afteir jd is full again
to attack or to fallback
i may not be am kluth player but i hope this helps a little

Email deathblave
nicklane1
2nd Rear Admiral

Posted: 2010-10-19 08:30   
Agreed. But cloaking, mashing spacebar, jumping isent how kluth works. What the hell did that do if you have to jump out to heal? Dont just mash till they die. If your about to die, cloak. Wait till they are vulnerable agian then finish them. In my tiny fang or talon i have done more then entire fleets of kluth because of how careless they were with there armor.

Email nicklane1   Goto the website of nicklane1
Azreal
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2010-10-19 16:59   
Quote:

On 2010-10-19 08:30, nicklane1 wrote:
Agreed. But cloaking, mashing spacebar, jumping isent how kluth works. What the hell did that do if you have to jump out to heal? Dont just mash till they die. If your about to die, cloak. Wait till they are vulnerable agian then finish them. In my tiny fang or talon i have done more then entire fleets of kluth because of how careless they were with there armor.

1. There is no cut and dry, always do this tactics. Sometimes, depending on your ship, the enemy, your damage, and energy, you are better off cloaking. Sometimes you better jump out.

Sometimes, with enough of particular enemy ships about, cloaking will only garauntee your demise.

Your tiny fang or Talon does nothing of what you say in the MV. Not only do I never see you as Luth in MV, but I never see anyone in the MV in a scout except nubs. Try it in the MV, not the scenario.

Wait. More than entire fleets of luth? paaaaalease.

Email Azreal   Goto the website of Azreal
Reality Dysfunction
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-10-20 10:43   
Quote:

On 2010-10-19 16:59, Azreal wrote:
Quote:

On 2010-10-19 08:30, nicklane1 wrote:

1. There is no cut and dry, always do this tactics. Sometimes, depending on your ship, the enemy, your damage, and energy, you are better off cloaking. Sometimes you better jump out.

Sometimes, with enough of particular enemy ships about, cloaking will only garauntee your demise.

Your tiny fang or Talon does nothing of what you say in the MV. Not only do I never see you as Luth in MV, but I never see anyone in the MV in a scout except nubs. Try it in the MV, not the scenario.

Wait. More than entire fleets of luth? paaaaalease.

No longer the case as the [TICKS] have arrived to the kluth faction. They killed at least 2 UGTO dreads using just Talons last night.

Pakhos[+R]
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2010-10-20 14:30   
There are 2 different kluth tactics.

Up close personal and fleet op.

When it comes to up close personal engagement everyone plays different.

When it comes to fleet op we do listen the person who has more perspective of the game at that moment. Communication is the key here. We always call a prime target. (yes ,because we have the advantage of who to attack first). After first target is called , we wait for the confirmation:

In range 1,2,3,4 me, you etc..

Taking the aggro (first to uncloak and first to cloak)

Until target is dead or gone we dont switch target. Prime target has to be neutralized by any cost.

then next target is called.

Quite simple. I dont know why people still keep asking about it.

Howlingwind
1st Rear Admiral

Posted: 2010-11-10 12:47   
Ok useful way to hit and run for groups without jumping out (so u can apply this even against annoying interdictors) have your ships fly close together after picking a target all using an ecm. your signature can become cumativly very low even in quite large ships and this means that your opponent can't pick you up on scanners till boom their dead. You should then be able to cloak and escape to regroup.

i did this with scouts. we pretty got within 100 gu before the ugtos even reallised we existed. even better as we had co-ordinated before which way to fly out of there we did not have to cloak to escape but continued to use our ecm shield.

http://www.darkspace.net/index.htm?module=forums.php&page=/viewtopic.php?mode=viewtopic&topic=50169&forum=36&start=0

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
Page created in 0.020670 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR