No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
04/27/24 Now

Search

Anniversaries

No anniversaries today.

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » Can we get official ruling on using ships between maps in scenario?
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
 Author Can we get official ruling on using ships between maps in scenario?
MrSparkle
Marshal

Posted: 2009-12-11 19:41   
Quote:

On 2009-12-10 00:04, Fatal Starcommander -TNCO- wrote:
A continuing garage makes perfect sense in the fact that the winning/losing side would be moving on to the next system WITH all of there ships. Now for practical sense that makes for a vary poor game. The thing I have been abiding to since its been under discussion is to just use ships that can normally be used from a gate. So haveing a preloaded 10 man inf tranny is perfectly fine and don't whine about it if you didn't think to load up a heavy and light tranny with inf for the next map. Since only a few people have done it besides myself (when I think to do it since even I don't remember to do it) you get these big INF battles on the planets. One time in Sirius there was a huge inf stack on Sag hothha just battling it out, was awesome to just watch.

I used to do that, until it was ruled an exploit. I'm happy it was ruled an exploit, because maps should be fought over with the resources available for that map only, not with resources from a previous map. That's the essence of scenario.

And until storage is removed every map, it's considered an exploit to use anything from previous map, including transports full of inf. That's all I needed to know.

Quote:

On 2009-12-10 03:46, Azreal wrote:

So no new ruling is even needed.

Common sense? Maybe try some of that?

Actually a new ruling was needed because there were conflicting rulings. I was told something different from what Starcommander was told. So we needed one official ruling.

(to be honest, we still haven't gotten it Just need Tael to say "this is allowed, and this isn't" I am assuming though that talking about removing storage between maps means nothing from a previous map is supposed to be used, no matter what)

[ This Message was edited by: MrSparkle on 2009-12-11 19:48 ]

Shigernafy
Admiral

Posted: 2009-12-12 01:12   
Tael wasn't very clear in his comments. For the sake of any who are a bit slow (since, as Azreal says, there are plenty of reasons and clauses which prohibit it) or like unfair advantages:

Ships from previous maps may not be used in subsequent scenario maps.
You cannot use ships from a previous map.
Every scenario map is self-contained and should not have anything from any other maps.
Each new map is its own game.
Scenarios are not persistent so should not have any persistence.

That clear it up?

We're working on a fix.

[ This Message was edited by: Shigernafy on 2009-12-12 04:45 ]

Email Shigernafy
MrSparkle
Marshal

Posted: 2009-12-12 01:51   
It doesn't clear it up so much as give me something to show anyone who might disagree with me when I point out the rules I already knew those were the rules, but it had to be typed, just like you did, for all to read or it just winds up a case of people saying "well it's not written so I don't believe you" (which I've been told before).

Thanks! That is all we needed. Now I have something to show people stating exactly what the rules are regarding this issue, so there won't be any more confusion and "he said, she said" funny business.

LAG
Marshal
Lethal Assault Group

Posted: 2009-12-12 02:01   
Quote:

On 2009-12-12 01:12, Shigernafy wrote:
Tael wasn't very clear in his comments. For the sake of any who are a bit slow (since, as Azreal says, there are plenty of reasons and clauses which prohibit it) or like unfair advantages:

Ships from previous maps may not be used in subsequent scenario maps.
You cannot you ships from a previous map.
Every scenario map is self-contained and should not have anything from any other maps.
Each new map is its own game.
Scenarios are not persistent so should not have any persistence.

That clear it up?

We're working on a fix.

Well... I disagree Shig, actually
1) You can use ships from previous maps, ...the code allows it, granted it's frowned upon, thus head-aches for the staff.
2) the scenario map is obviously not self-contained as it allows ships to carry forward into the next map
3) the new map carries forward previously existing code, thus it is not it's own entity
4) carrying forward previous ships directly implies code persistence, thus being able to spawn previous map ships...

...good luck on this fix.

Shigernafy
Admiral

Posted: 2009-12-12 04:48   
While my statements included indicative statements, comments relating to ship usage were in subjunctive, which indicated that while it may not be the actual case, it is what we prefer and envision. I've rephrased to make it more clear.

Ships from previous maps should not be used in subsequent scenario maps.
You should not use ships from a previous map.
Every scenario map is intended to be self-contained and should not have anything from any other maps.
Each new map should be considered its own game.
Scenarios are not designed to be persistent and thus you should not introduce any persistence.

Better?
If you prefer the imperative, feel free to substitute "shall" for all the "should"s above.

(Also, really? It's not that complicated. Don't use past ships.)

[ This Message was edited by: Shigernafy on 2009-12-12 04:50 ]

Email Shigernafy
Sens [R33]
Admiral

Posted: 2009-12-12 18:14   
I say we just do away with garages!

Email Sens [R33]
Shigernafy
Admiral

Posted: 2009-12-12 18:17   
That would help with the complaints that enhancements benefit older players more than new, too.

Brilliant! Two birds with one stone!

please note, before freaking out, that we're not serious. also, i am greatly saddened that i feel this necessary to say

Email Shigernafy
Coeus
Grand Admiral
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2009-12-13 14:39   
Seriously? Like, for real? This is even an issue in question? How lame are you children getting in your never-ending attempts to one-up eachother & cheat to win?

ICC Security Council Chief Enforcer

Email Coeus   Goto the website of Coeus
MrSparkle
Marshal

Posted: 2009-12-13 15:04   
It's an issue simply of not having clear rules in place, which was causing confusion. With no rules stating you cannot use anything from a previous map along with being able to store ships and resources for next map, a lot more players than you think thought it was OK to do (and still do think that).

It's usually not a problem now, but once in a while someone refuses to believe you.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
Page created in 0.024235 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR