No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +5.8 Days

Search

Anniversaries

14th - wolf420

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » ICC-shields
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
 Author ICC-shields
SPaRTaN Z
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2010-03-23 01:25   
The planet was an extra uber shield obviously

UTGO planet hug for good reasons,. nothing stopping you killing them at the planets.. u just gotta bide ur time.

Ham&Swiss
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-03-23 12:03   
Why not just add/change values so that when no enemy ship detected(outside of combat), shield recharge rate get a boost of 1.5x/2x that of when in combat(when enemy ships are detected with-in visual range).

Since no power would technically be going to weapons/active sensors, would it not be going to the shield generators to recharge them?

My simple take on this matter...

H&S

Point Of No Return
Chief Marshal
United Nations Space Command

Posted: 2010-03-23 13:12   
Well lets see since I was in 1 of the support stations at Ooi at the start of the attack by the ugto fleet and I was not behind the planet I was off to its side. So this is what happened before I had to jump out or die. With the first volley from the ugto my forward shield was gone 0%, so now I drain the other shield arc's to 0% now to refill the forward arc. Now by the 3rd volley my station has no shields on any of its 4 arc's so I then start my 3 reload device's and the 1 composite armor is now mostly gone and hull damage has started and by the next volley I have to either jump out of the area or get blown up. And during this time I was being supped by other team mates with thier reloads but this all happened in a 3-4 minute span and aslo to note that all ICC ships and station's in that area had all thier fire directed onto just 1 ugto support station and at the time I jumped out of the area it had 100% and armor was at 84% so the entire ICC faction at Ooi with all its weapons and fighter did 16% damage to just 1 ship in the span of 4 minutes of continuse fire. This shows how having just armor to repair while under fire and having shields that cannot be regenerated while under fire, ok you can say that the shields are being regenerated because they are while you have power right. But do the same thing to Kluth cloaking timer and see what kind of complaining you'll get

Kenny_Naboo
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2010-03-24 00:18   

An on/off switch for the shields would be the best actually. Easy to implement.

Once the shields are turned off, charging speeds up by a predetermined amount.

And if you forget to turn on the shields again before you hop into battle then, well.....

NoBoDx
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-03-24 04:05   
there is already such a button ingame

but it also disable the shield-recharge

Kenny_Naboo
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2010-03-24 04:08   
Quote:

On 2010-03-24 04:05, NoBoDx wrote:
there is already such a button ingame

but it also disable the shield-recharge

Then it's even simpler to implement the changes.
So it all depends on whether the Devs see it this way or not.

My personal opinion: The shields should be set to recharge 25% faster if lowered.

Starcommander
Marshal

Posted: 2010-03-24 04:46   
Quote:

On 2010-03-24 04:08, Kenny_Naboo wrote:

My personal opinion: The shields should be set to recharge 25% faster if lowered.

+1

WH 40k armies, Grey Knights, Dark Angles, Imperial Guard (Vostroyan First Born) and Orks.

There is a thin line between knowing when to give up and when to try harder.

Email Starcommander
NoBoDx
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-03-24 04:59   
Quote:

On 2010-03-24 04:08, Kenny_Naboo wrote:

shields-behavior:

shields on:
- protecting ship from damage
- slowly regenerating shield-strength
- draining energy
- increasing sig

shields off:
- no protection
- no regen
- no energy-usage
- no sig-increase

i dont like the idea, that turning off shields recharge shields, because you have no chance to regain energy od stay hidden

most of the time i turn shields off, to stay hidden, or to regain energy

you can stay hidden in a missle-dread while turning off your shields, most of you engines and turnung on all sensors (modded to ecm)
[ This Message was edited by: NoBoDx on 2010-03-24 05:33 ]

jamesbob
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-03-24 05:28   
Quote:

On 2010-03-21 06:57, BackSlash wrote:
Quote:

On 2010-03-20 05:44, BackSlash [R33] wrote:
We ideally want to increase recharge the longer you're out of combat, but since it's rather well balanced right now (data is a wonderful thing), we're going to leave it until such a time as we can impliment it without flaw.

=

Yes, we like the idea. Yes it makes sense. Yes it further balances the playing field in certain situations wherein other factions have an increased chance of survival.

Yes.
[ This Message was edited by: BackSlash [R33] on 2010-03-21 06:58 ]

my god i never thought i would be sober or sane when i saw that altho i might be drunk then again who knows i don't know that i am rarely sane and today i am (mostly) yeah its kinda the reason i left icc i take on a ugto ship the main problem is the shields they take to long and plus a bug that makes it so that your sig when you exist go right up to 10000 and your screwed. (i don't know if its fixed like i said i rarely play icc now) at least just make it that shields recharges by 5 perecent would balance

Kenny_Naboo
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2010-03-24 11:29   
Quote:

On 2010-03-24 04:59, NoBoDx wrote:

i dont like the idea, that turning off shields recharge shields, because you have no chance to regain energy od stay hidden

most of the time i turn shields off, to stay hidden, or to regain energy

No. Your shield still recharges at the normal rate when turned on.

But when you lower your shields, it regenerates 25% faster.

Of course what penalties this will come with, is up in the air.
Your signature could remain the same as it was with the shields up, or a perhaps a small percentage lower.
Or your energy regeneration could also remain the same as it was with the shields raised.

Of course, if you lower your shields when it is at 100%, everything should remain as it is now. No energy or sig penalty.

It's up to the Devs to implement. We know that the changes are minor. So it's now all about the delicate balancing act. The decision lies with them.

[ This Message was edited by: Kenny_Naboo on 2010-03-24 11:32 ]

Bardiche
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2010-03-24 11:36   
Disagree with having shields charge faster while turned off: the advantage should be obvious to all who fly ICC.

A good way to increase durability is to fly in without shields, and turn them on after suffering armour damage: in this way, armour regens while shields soak damage. Stations can even suffer some hull before switching on shields, since Repair drones make hull regen while shields suffer armour, increasing your durability some. (and by some I mean the time it takes for the enemy to pierce your shields relative to how much you repair in that time)

By also making shields recharge (faster) when they're turned off, you INCREASE ICC's durability even more. It's no secret that when shields are at 0%, their recharge is inadequate to last you. Switch off, enjoy extra regen, survive a little, switch on -> gg you now have around shield energy to switch around to defend an arc.

On paper it sounds like a good idea, but in practice it provides in-battle advantages.

Don't think ICC shields being turned off only gives disadvantages.

NoBoDx
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-03-24 14:01   
i still think an aditional, usable gadget would be the best way to increase shield-regen, but limit it ooc

Zero28
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-03-24 18:41   
Quote:

On 2010-03-24 11:36, Bardiche wrote:
Disagree with having shields charge faster while turned off: the advantage should be obvious to all who fly ICC.

A good way to increase durability is to fly in without shields, and turn them on after suffering armour damage: in this way, armour regens while shields soak damage. Stations can even suffer some hull before switching on shields, since Repair drones make hull regen while shields suffer armour, increasing your durability some. (and by some I mean the time it takes for the enemy to pierce your shields relative to how much you repair in that time)

By also making shields recharge (faster) when they're turned off, you INCREASE ICC's durability even more. It's no secret that when shields are at 0%, their recharge is inadequate to last you. Switch off, enjoy extra regen, survive a little, switch on -> gg you now have around shield energy to switch around to defend an arc.

On paper it sounds like a good idea, but in practice it provides in-battle advantages.

Don't think ICC shields being turned off only gives disadvantages.

i beleive that can depends ont he way you see it, it does gives an Extra advantage to ICC, but as a Defensive faction, is it really a bad thing?
And then again in the heat of battle, you ahve to be quick with reflex and mind to know you have to lower the sheilds when there down, makes sure you don't die or run out of energy and return maybe the 30-40% you managed to gain by holding on while taking armor and maybe hull damage
Also add the fact that you have to rotate yous ehild base don where your getting hit

Hey man thats a lot to think of in a middle of a fight and lot of button pressed, but if someone can think of all that, he Deserve the extra advantage
[ This Message was edited by: Zero28 on 2010-03-24 18:45 ]

[ This Message was edited by: Zero28 on 2010-03-24 18:46 ]
19:33:51 [ZION]GothThug {C?}: "Zero..you are DS's hero"

NoBoDx
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-03-24 19:41   
i did the shield-rotating, without a numpad =P

CM7
Midshipman
Faster than Light

Posted: 2010-03-24 20:15   
faster sheild recharge rates should only be available outside of battle via planet depos, or platforms..

but then you have the issue of icc being un siegable..

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
Page created in 0.025188 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR