Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +2.0 Days

Search

Anniversaries

20th - Relient
19th - Entil-Zha the Starkiller

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » some nights ago
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
 Author some nights ago
Bardiche
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2010-03-26 13:44   
Concerns about MI having anti-Luth weapons is silly. How often do MI pose a serious threat to players, and just how often are staff members on MI accounts?

The answer, gentlemen, is less than the number of fingers you have on one hand.

EvilThought (TWP)
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2010-03-26 15:06   
well alot of people have ideas how to fix but what it comes down to is whats fast and easy and balanced, dont change the cloak too much work fornow with everything else that need fixing (like bombing nowt working) dont need a 500 gu no cloak field either.

just set the troop pods to between 350 to 500 gu drop distance, planet needs to be in controle of the faction taking it , no side can tranny rush, the programming already exsists, i.e. the bombing distance is set to what 150? its not hard to do, every1 will agree to it cause it favors no1

I know the devs would like something easy to fix atm with all the major programming they working on, and this will do it

the EVIL 1 with a sharp stick

MrSparkle
Marshal

Posted: 2010-03-26 15:29   
Quote:

On 2010-03-26 13:44, Bardiche wrote:
Concerns about MI having anti-Luth weapons is silly. How often do MI pose a serious threat to players, and just how often are staff members on MI accounts?

I'm not concerned about the MI themselves. I'm concerned about a shipborne anti-cloak device that has no use other than to negate an entire faction's main defense. I'm concerned that it starts with MI having them, and then moves on from there...

Point Of No Return
Chief Marshal
United Nations Space Command

Posted: 2010-03-26 16:55   
This is funny the post has become plz dont touch kluth cloaking it will kill and ruin the faction!!!! Well here is a bit of tactical advise for the kluth and its the same they give ICC and the dev about our shields. You can easily rotate jump away

Kenny_Naboo
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2010-03-27 04:47   
A minimum inf drop distance of 300gu shd suffice. Just make it similar to bomb release.

But if Devs r gonna skew the gameplay by decloaking Kluths 500 Gus away, then that'll only make the Uglies hug planets even more. But hey that's fine too if they want to reduce the number of battles. It's entirely up to them how they're gonna affect the playerbase.

Kluths will simply camp them out a distance away. Uglies will continue to orbit their planets. ICC will camp the gates pelting missiles.

Good game all. LOL

The only way forward with these planetary interaction penalties is to nerf it for all factions.
Kluth can't cloak, ICC loses their shields, UGTO gets energy drained or slowed down.

[ This Message was edited by: Kenny_Naboo on 2010-03-27 04:48 ]

Kenny_Naboo
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2010-03-27 04:52   
Quote:

On 2010-03-26 15:29, MrSparkle wrote:
Quote:

On 2010-03-26 13:44, Bardiche wrote:

I'm not concerned about the MI themselves. I'm concerned about a shipborne anti-cloak device that has no use other than to negate an entire faction's main defense. I'm concerned that it starts with MI having them, and then moves on from there...

Nah I don't think so. They'd be killing the playerbase on one faction completely.

No one could be that dense lol

Zero28
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-03-27 09:33   
Quote:

On 2010-03-27 04:47, Kenny_Naboo wrote:
A minimum inf drop distance of 300gu shd suffice. Just make it similar to bomb release.

But if Devs r gonna skew the gameplay by decloaking Kluths 500 Gus away, then that'll only make the Uglies hug planets even more. But hey that's fine too if they want to reduce the number of battles. It's entirely up to them how they're gonna affect the playerbase.

Kluths will simply camp them out a distance away. Uglies will continue to orbit their planets. ICC will camp the gates pelting missiles.

Good game all. LOL

The only way forward with these planetary interaction penalties is to nerf it for all factions.
Kluth can't cloak, ICC loses their shields, UGTO gets energy drained or slowed down.

hmm Thinking of Planet Penalty, If you layed sins of a solar empire you'd know what im talkign about
Each planet has its own Natural gravitiy well , wich penalizes ships, maybe we can do same, only need to decide what the penalty could be
19:33:51 [ZION]GothThug {C?}: "Zero..you are DS's hero"

NoBoDx
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-03-28 06:22   
hm whats about this:
make bombing planets easier (reduce the rate of fire from defence-bases) but limit the amount of troops on planets ( still max 32 friendlies, but only up to 40 troops alltogether) so you have to bomb planets again to cap it

mannythepogs
Grand Admiral
Pitch Black

Posted: 2010-03-28 07:48   
Hmmmm

500gu, people want Kluth Turkey Shoot, lol if that happens you will just have to Put AI's in that faction it will not be playable.

Fatal Command (CO)
Marshal
Fatal Squadron

From: over here in New York noticing some ppl are like canoes.....they need to be paddled.
Posted: 2010-03-28 08:52   
Well,as MOST combat ships in play have either only 1 or no eccm and no beacons,why not just change the cloak back to being popped by eccm at 200 GUs ( just a random number),In other words, come closer than 200 Gus to an active eccm the cloak shuts down.Leave ecm as it is tho,so if you have more ecm than there is eccm,you still remain invisible.This would allow for Kluth FLEET action in that you have ecm ships with combat ships to keep the combat "hidden"while the other 2 factions are running eccm(which would keep them "visible") to find said Kluth ships.To increase drop range of inf to 300-500 GUs just about guarantees a useless tranny rush.

My 1 1/2 cents worth.

Email Fatal Command (CO)
MrSparkle
Marshal

Posted: 2010-03-28 10:08   
You mean like the old days? I'm not against going back to that. Sure, we wind up with ECM forts, but they're easily bombed and captured.

Fatal Command (CO)
Marshal
Fatal Squadron

From: over here in New York noticing some ppl are like canoes.....they need to be paddled.
Posted: 2010-03-28 13:14   
Well Devs,ball's in your court..........

Email Fatal Command (CO)
Silent Threat { Vier }
Marshal
Anarchy's End

Posted: 2010-03-28 16:24   
I read most of these posts but not all of them.

Why change K'luth cloak? Why not change the infantry instead?

Capping planets should require a fleet effort, so if the ones who capped it didn't drop enough troops to hold it, then that was a mistake on their part. They should have bought more with them or have been quick to fetch more if this was the case. Also building more barracks on a planet wouldn't hurt.

Some ideas:
(1) increase the amount of troops that can be spawned or dropped on a planet
(2) give defending infantry a bonus (as any defenders usually have)
(3) increase the speed that barracks produce infantry

My thoughts...

MrSparkle
Marshal

Posted: 2010-03-28 16:33   
Well along those lines I've always envisioned specialized infantry that are either good at attacking, good at defending or good at razing, rather than the current infantry/heavy infantry system.

That would also require tactical decisions. Do you want your planet building all defenders, but not have attacking troops to use to invade? Do you want to build attackers, but make your planet more susceptible to invasion? Or how about razers (saboteurs) that are good at avoiding defenders and blowing stuff up, but suck at attacking and defending?

Zero28
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-03-28 16:53   
Idera is rather good, i jsut got 1 silly question

Who wins if you drops defenders on a planets full of attackers?
Or maybe make the Defenders, unloadable?
19:33:51 [ZION]GothThug {C?}: "Zero..you are DS's hero"

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
Page created in 0.021833 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR