- Weekly DarkSpace
05/18/24 +21.5 Hours
- Towel Day
05/25/24 +7.2 Days

Search

Anniversaries

No anniversaries today.

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Developer Feedback » » a minor issue with cloak
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
 Author a minor issue with cloak
Gejaheline
Fleet Admiral
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2010-07-27 07:17   
Quote:

On 2010-07-26 22:36, NaNoBuM wrote:

I totally disagree with this. You know how hard it is to kill a scout?!? Guns? You mean torpedos? Or SIs? SI’s don’t hit dreads 50% of the time at +300, don’t even get me started on the rest! Let me know when we have cannons to speak of... ohh wait, ganglia has 4! (how many of those have you actually SEEN?)

You're apparently forgetting (presumably for the purposes of wasting my time) that K'luth favour large numbers of instant-hit, no-falloff beam weapons. Because, you know, when I say "guns" I'm generally referring to "things that make other things go bang" rather than anything specific.

Right.

Okay, so I'm thinking (and I hear from a couple of luth players) that the type 2 cloak from Lark's discription of old cloak types is probably the way to go.

Of course, I also think that the electronic warfare system could do with a revamp, too, so I shall have to brainstorm on that.

For the moment, though, I'm seeing a system where, basically, a ship can see a cloaked k'luth at X distance, where X depends on the size of the cloaked ship and how many sensors/ECCMs/whatever the detecting ship is using. In normal situations, i.e. a combat ship of some kind is wandering around without doing anything special and is being crept up on by a similar-sized ship in deep space, this distance is probably on the order of "armour rings touching" if that. Fitting ECCMs or sensor gear of some sort improves this range, but never to the extent that you can stack a billion ECCMs on top of each other and expect to see all cloaked ships within five thousand GUs. Rather than pinging (which is, frankly, boring and could easily be automated) you'd have scouts loaded up with detection gear running in search grids, trying to get close enough to the cloaked enemy to reveal them. Which makes things far more interesting, since there's always the danger of an isolated scout detecting a cloaked ship and then realising it's bitten off more than it could chew.
The danger for the k'luth ships would be that big, killy ships would be more easily detected, and would have more trouble getting away from a scout's detection range due to the speed difference.

This is all pencilled-in, obviously, since it would require some moderately extensive changes to ewar systems in general, particularly to avoid a god-combo of cloaked k'luth with lots and lots of ECMs, although they would have to sacrifice combat ships to get those extra ECMs.

Speaking of which, do K'luth even use radio waves and such to communicate/detect enemy ships? I thought they were psychic, or something. Which brings into question why k'luth use electronic warfare, and why it works on them. But that's another story altogether.

BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2010-07-27 08:29   
I've cleaned this thread of flame posts and such. This is the second time this has had to be done. The next time someone feels they have a right to attack someone in this topic or derails the topic with pointless insults towards another, this thread will be locked.

Keep this civil, and on-topic.
[ This Message was edited by: BackSlash on 2010-07-27 08:31 ]

Animyx
Chief Marshal
Army Of Darkness

Posted: 2010-07-27 08:44   
the thing what i hate about k'luth is the fact they can attack you, cloak, repair really fast, attack you again. a good way to get round this would be to have the AHR work at a lower efficiency while cloaked say 50% and it works normally when uncloaked, this way the time between engagements would be longer and therefore give the UGTO/ICC time to call for backup or jump to a safer location, or just sit it out pinging and blind firing till you kill the enemy. this would also give the k'luth a reason to decloak rather than just to attack somebody. also it would be nice to have a cooldown timer on the cloak, say 15-30 secs, that would mean decloaking in a cluster of 5 planets to attack a target would be suicide, and it wouldn't have happened.

-Apocalypse-

Lock 'N' Load

Fatal Perihelion
Chief Marshal
Fatal Squadron

Posted: 2010-07-27 09:02   
Just my point of view:

With PvP cloak is NOT the problem,
ubber-fear off Kluth and disorganisation are.

Beeing no veteran, yesterday i died a lot in my AD against 4-6 Kluth Dreads because i refused to change to a smaller ship and was primery all the time.
My fault because: All other ICC used Cruisers and Dessys.

Later the situation changed and more Dreadnoughts (AD+CD) gave ICC the upper hand, being aggressive and jumping together.
That showed once again that coordinated Dreads are the answer to Kluth Dreads.

So i think TEAMWORK is the key and if the team works good, thats the best part of DS, most fun.

Game IS balanced to me, the cloak is not the problem.
Still i agree like most, that planets are too weak against cloaked transport.

IF there is a problem it is the fast Kluth JUMPDRIVE RECHARGE rate.
Beside cloak they are able to escape almost any time.
As they have time to sneak in anyway, maybe it should be the other way round, that they need more time to charge drives.

Some say: "Bring a dictor and a beacon scout and.....".
If you realy do that, the enemy will refuse to fight, after the first shock.
+ you need more numbers to have the firepower beside.

So once again: PLEASE dont nerf Kluth! And stop whining its emberassing
because we may beat them, not with small ships only though...

And to KLuth:
Sure you need leadership and tactics and patience..
But never forget: We are visible all the time and you may just jump out
and disapear, almost any time.
ICC is not the master of surviving..it is Kluth!

Code Red
Chief Marshal
Non Omnis Moriar

Posted: 2010-07-27 09:06   
Personally i have no problem with the fight vs luth and cloak is a challenge that can be countered , however my dislike is the ability to cloak right upto a planet , armour rings skimming and drop , recloak and off you go , in my humble opinion no well built planet should be cappable by tranny it should require a small fleet woking together with a selection of ships.
Planets should be something to be feared (especially if you remember the old luth beam defences) and guarded well as resource needs to be an important part of the game.

Code Red, For winning in the 1RA Fleet Wars event, here's your coupon for a week.

Cory_O
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-07-27 09:51   
Ok so i thought more about the eccm auto ping thing on planets.. i think a good balance would be about 20 seconds per ping and i think it should stack but with diminishing returns.. the equation would be something like (e = number of eccm's)
( 20) / (1.5+e)x 0.4

This would mean that having 2 eccms would have ping every ~14 seconds
3 ~ 11 seconds
4 ~ 9 seconds
5 ~ 7.5 seconds...

As you can see with this system it would take quite a bit of eccm's on planets to really pose a serious threat to keeping kluth lit up, but keep in mind for every eccm that is another structure they cant build, and those structures would probably be def structures so the planets would pose less of the threat to the kluth that where getting pinged. And using this equation, it would take about 5 or 6 eccm's to equal 1 single covert ops corvette. I think it would provide a high enough detection rate to let people know the kluth where around but it would be slow enough to not interferre much with kluth approching planets cloaked... just my 2 cents. I also think that the eccm's should stay on all the time, somehow making them send out pings without turning off and back on (still talking about ones on planets btw)... because they would be extremely useless if all they did was ping. Or perhaps you could create a new structure specifically for the purpose of pinging....

Also i dont know how i feel about the distance-detection thing... i can see that being easily manipulated by keeping all of your ships really close together, that way all of their eccm's can work together and you would be able to see kluth from farther away than their weapons could reach, or they would be to weak and it wouldnt really change anything because that would make it so that scouts would not be able to actually scout them out.. would be pretty much exactly like it is now except maybe kluth wouldnt be able to as easily decloak on top of a station.

However if you where to instead change it so that scanners can help the detection as they get closer than this would create a trade off system, you could either run eccm's to keep them from cloaking again (as it is now) or you could run scanners in the hopes of spotting them before they can decloak and launch an alpha... there should probably be a maximum range that this affect can happen regardless of how many scanners there are though.... say max range of 125 gu... i say again that would be maximum, not the results from just one scanner but the results from several (5 or 6) and no matter how many more scanners you had it wouldnt help any. When they leave that detection range they should INSTANTLY i repeat INSTANTLY recloak without input from the player, eccm's should not effect the time it takes for them to cloak after exiting the detection area of the scanners this way if a kluth gets to close he can be targetted and attacked but eccm's wont cause him to completely die from it if he leaves the detection range...... more of my 2 cents
I am the monster in your head. I am the phantom under your bed. I am the broken string when youre hanging by a thread. I am the darkness when the light fades away. When the buds of hope begin to sprout I am the harvester.

Gejaheline
Fleet Admiral
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2010-07-27 09:52   
Right, I've started an entirely new thread on the topic of electronic warfare and how cloak might fit in. See here if you're interested.

MrSparkle
Marshal

Posted: 2010-07-27 11:08   
Quote:

On 2010-07-27 02:41, Julian Delphiki wrote:
Quote:

On 2010-07-27 02:23, NoBoDx wrote:
hm interesting fact:
a luth-dread take about 20-30 sec to fully uncloak, and to be able to fire near a well build planet (without any ships running ECCM) and ~20-30 sec to cloak again

Still, small kluth ships have no problem around a well built planet. Get 4 trannies, go in, uncloak next to the planet(you may get one volley on you, if that), drop inf, cloak and leave. Needs some deterrent to require a little more skill to capture a planet.

[ This Message was edited by: Julian Delphiki on 2010-07-27 04:34 ]

Agreed. Simple solution is to give all ships the same cloaking speed. Problem is what speed? Dread speed is too slow for smaller ships, and smaller ship speed is too fast for dreads. Station speed sucks even under ECM so forget that.

Pakhos[+R]
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2010-07-27 18:55   
Name of the thread :
IDEA : The closer to planet the bigger signature.

(same thing as auto pinger and 500 no cloak zone)

Quote:

On 2009-10-21 08:15, Mr Black wrote:
Although this does sound like a good idea, it pushes the defensive edge too far in favor of the human factions; unfairly impacting the effectiveness of K'Luth tactics and strategy. This is an example of a sound theory, however it is unworkable given the current game environment and context.

Faction balance is a very subtle equation. Even altering the build rate of one structure can have a butterfly effect impacting the rest of the game, and completely throwing off the distribution of power between Factions that we wish to achieve.

Shath
Admiral
Pitch Black

Posted: 2010-07-27 19:11   
Quote:

On 2010-07-25 22:53, Kenny_Naboo wrote:
Quote:

On 2010-07-25 22:45, BackSlash wrote:
Kenny, K'luth are currently very powerful and have a huge advantage at this sort of cluster/planet warfare, and is one of the reasons why K'luth hold such a big % of Sagittarius.

Ever since cloak was changed to this new system way back when, myself and Tael saw the need for something like this to stop tranny rushing. However, since DarkSpace has evolved around the system, we see it's become much more of an issue.

There has always been thoughts of a 500 gu or so radius around enemy planets in which K'luth cloak is negated, and planets can shoot at them. We apply the same thought process in this instance to other factions - if you're within 500 gu of a planet, then you're either trying to capture it, or trying to kill someone. For that, there should be some sort of advantage fo the faction holding the cluster...

For ICC and UGTO, that advantage is the planetary defence shooting at the enemy. For K'luth, there is none - and there needs to be one. The 500 gu area around the planet would go some way to rectifying this. Bear in mind this is 500 gu from the center, not from the surface, so the actual distance from the planet is 400 gu (or less in some cases).

This is not a nerf, more of bringing K'luth in line with other factions in this aspect of fighting. A note worth mentioning is that this has only been spoken about losely in private staff channels, and hasn't even remotely been discussed heavily (as we have other projects we're working on currently, and the work timeline is quite busy). It will be discussed at some point, and there will be a tweak to the mechanics in which K'luth engage around planets, as they currently are immune to the advantage the defending faction is supposed to have when holding a planet or cluster.

- Jack

[ This Message was edited by: BackSlash on 2010-07-25 22:46 ]

Hiya Jack,

A cloak auto-negate would only make ICC and UGTO sit around planets instead of coming out into open space and fighting us. Already, we have to take the fight to them most of the time.

As per my previous post. I think you can go with what Cory suggested and introduce a new planetary structure that autopings every 15 secs or so. It's a variant of the sensor base that switches itself on and off.

Every ping will reveal any cloaked vessels within the radius, and the rest of the sensor bases and plats will raise the sigs.

[ This Message was edited by: Kenny_Naboo on 2010-07-25 22:56 ]

+1 its rare that we fight icc/ugto sumwhere other than their own planets or at gates so they can just keep pumpin out ships

Talien
Marshal
Templar Knights

Posted: 2010-07-27 19:26   
Quote:

On 2010-07-27 19:11, Shath wrote:
+1 its rare that we fight icc/ugto sumwhere other than their own planets or at gates so they can just keep pumpin out ships

Probably because even if people WANT to go fight Kluth, we can't find them because they're lurking around somewhere cloaked. They usually show up when ICC and UGTO are fighting anyway.

Shath
Admiral
Pitch Black

Posted: 2010-07-27 20:10   
Quote:

On 2010-07-26 06:08, Gejaheline wrote:
What follows is a short essay on why K'luth ships are horrible. I'm not implying that K'luth ships are god-killing superweapons, since otherwise everyone would just play K'luth, but it should hopefully provide an insight into why the K'luth faction is the hardest to keep balanced with the other two sides.

K'luth are, in short, horrible to balance. Additionally, their tactics massively favour the use of dreadnaughts.

Why? Because they have cloak, basically. It allows them to use their favoured tactics at virtually any time, and any place. Let's have a look at their strengths and weaknesses, first. I'll probably miss some out, but hopefully I'll cover the biggest ones.

K'luth strengths:

Cloak. This is essentially perfect invisibility, vulnerable only to flying too fast and pinging, which requires lightning reflexes since the diamond only appears for fractions of a second. It also provides immunity to long-range missile and fighter attacks.

Auto hull repair and speedy armour regeneration. This negates the need for supply ships.

Lots and lots and lots of killy, never-miss beam weapons, along with all of the short-range, max-damage variants of various weapon types. They have the highest-damage core weapon, and the highest-damage torpedoes. Pressing spacebar on a K'luth ship generally results in epic amounts of damage on whatever's sitting in front of you. I think there are perhaps two non-k'luth warships that can kill scouts and destroyers in a single attack, and they're both assault deadnaughts. K'luth dreadnaughts can be reasonably expected to deal hull damage during a single pass, if not outright killing the target.

AMJD. They will ALWAYS be able to jump before you can.

Weaknesses:

Weak armour. They've not got the best in protective technologies.

Hugely aggressive weapon layouts. K'luth ships will typically have lots of front-only guns, although their dreads are something of an exception there. They still won't have as many rear-facing guns as other faction's dreads. Unless you're using a krill, in which case you have rear-facing core weapons, if memory serves. But then, all factions have exceptions to something.

Horrible energy management. Their huge arrays of death-dealing weaponry tend to consume rather a lot of power, as does their cloak. This also reduces their effective damage over time in comparison to other ships.

Short range. All of their guns are either beams, which are inherently short-ranged (although not as short as other factions' beams due to no falloff), or optimised for close combat in some way, typically trading range and velocity for more damage.

Now, most of these strengths and weaknesses seem fairly reasonable on paper. K'luth are a hard-hitting, no-defence faction that can give out lots of damage but not take it.

The problem, in a word: Cloak.

The cloaking device, as it is, is supremely powerful in that it negates a lot of K'luth's disadvantages whilst allowing them to maximise their advantages:

On the defensive, cloak allows you to easily disengage. Unless you have a gigantic fleet pinging you constantly you can probably live long enough to repair yourself or get to a safe distance and jump away. Once you've jumped, you can cloak to prevent anyone from following you. If nobody knows you're around, only the most paranoid of players will ping you and therefore notice you, and that's if they're lucky enough to be in range of you.

On the offensive, in combat, cloak allows you to make maxmum use of your optimum tactics. K'uth ships are best when facing the enemy at close range, from behind where they can't shoot you. Cloak makes it pretty easy to get into this position, and if you're not in position, then there is no need to uncloak. YOU get to choose engagement range, and YOU get to shoot first, typically crippling the hapless target. Once you've fired once or twice, recloak and reposition. This counters most of the k'luth's weaknesses.

Low relative damage over time is negated because your DPS is massively front-loaded: You deal all of your damage at the start of the engagement, and by keeping engagement times short, you reduce the opportunity for enemy ships (who deal a more-or-less constant amount of damage over time) to cause an equivalent amount of damage. This allows you to deal way more damage to the enemy ships than they do to you, particularly since they'll probably have to use rear or side weapons. This also allows you to kill smaller ships far more easily, since they will typically die in the first volley rather than be able to evade enough fire to make an escape.
This one is probably the main kicker, in my opinion, particularly since prestige gain is based on damage inflicted.

The very limited firing arcs are also rendered irrelevant, since you will always be facing your target. Otherwise, you wouldn't have engaged. Same thing for the short range focus. Additionally, you don't need to absorb enemy long-range fire because they won't be able to target you.

Weak armour is negated by the fact that you can cloak in order to avoid return fire. In addition, cloaking gives your repair systems time to work, so you can be at 100% for your next run, while your target will still be damaged. Unless they have a supply ship, but of course that can be killed first.

And, of course, this all heavily favours k'luth dreadnaughts. They don't have to worry about speed or manouevering, since they can just hide until the perfect moment. They don't need to worry about missing small targets, because they have perfectly accurate beam weapons. They have the most guns, which is what matters, and they have the armour to survive their relatively slow cloak times.

Oh, and it's really easy to capture planets, too.

All of this tends to make fighting k'luth fairly dull for the other teams, since if k'luth aren't killing you horribly, they're invisible. Which doesn't make for much in the way of rewarding combat or prestige gain, which is further aggravated by the knowledge that they're making oodles of prestige every time they hit the spacebar, and you know that if you try and use a scout you'll just get killed in one shot by a giant red thing materialising next to you.

Of course, if you took cloak away from K'luth, everyone would have a field day killing them, since they can't survive sustained combat.

tl;dr: K'luth are really hard to keep both balanced and interesting because any tweaking will cause them to kill everyone really easily or cause them die a horrible horrible death, neither of which are fun, and it's really hard to find a middle ground.

Postscript: About a billion people are going to counter the above with "Ah, but it takes mad leet skillz to play K'luth properly, therefore we are superior."

Let me counter with this hypothetical question: If someone turned up with a ship that was totally invincible and killed anything in one shot from any distance, but which required some kind of ludicrously complex control mechanism/keyboard combination/ in order to operate, which if more likely? Would you:

1: Defeat them with your even madder, leeter skills, in spite of their invulnerability?
2: Shrug, say "fair enough" and die in the knowledge that you were bested by someone even more skillful than you?
3: Complain bitterly and demand that this blatantly broken game object be removed?

Or, to put it another way: Is it acceptable to allow players to use unfair tactics as long as they're sufficiently skillful to use them?

The problem with the skill argument here is that you can't counter "skillful" use of k'luth ships with "skillful" use of UGTO ships.
The way to counter a cloaked k'luth ship is, basically, lots of ECCM, which requires no more skill than getting a mob of sensor scouts. Except that you'd need something like 16 scouts to have an even battle with a dreadnaught.

End rant. I shall donate 800 credits to the UGTOSPCG (UGTO Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Gaifen) if nobody manages to completely miss the point of the above essay and instead flames me. Otherwise I'll feel smug and spend it on an extra AI dreadnaught.

dododododo good arguement..... but AHR isnt that fast....trust me if u try and rep from 20 to 100 % ur targets are gona be long gone when u uncloak agin....next.....pinging honestly isnt too hard i understand its not completly balanced but its not useless either...all u gotta do is ping and spend that 1second to look at the direction ur target is goin and start shooting in front ofem....ive seen sum VERY good pingers that with 1 ping cud track me for a full 30sec altho i still admit pining cud use a buff.....the easy capturing planets thing....i honestly dont see the point in u guys making this arguement because its pretty dam easy to tranny rush in ugto/icc too.....the only way i can see this being unfair is if said kluth tranny sneaked past a couple dreads or sum such and dropped inf b4 they cud do anything which can be easily fixed by them playing the tranny game as well
......the skill arguement....ill admit it has sum validation but i think its not about skill with luth its more about workin together.....cus seriously have u ever seen a lone dread uncloak in the middle of 3 uggie dreads and 2 stations? it dosnt end well.....but say 3-5 kluth uncloaked then it works nicely.....the "kluth get to pick range/position" thing... first off stay tightly packed when kluth are about....its rare that i see us succeed in a situation where a large fleet is within 100gu of everyone else...next if luthys suddenly pop up behind u i suggest u run lik heck....as in jump out and let ur comrades beat them up cus once u jump out luthys will hav to take a few sec to turn around or recloak in a usualy uncoordinated fashion because ppl are yellin out 2 different new targets for us.....the range ill admit has its fair share of problems but ya...luthys pop up on ya then jump out and com back to help ur frenz once ur jd recharges cus things usualy dont end well for that 1 straggler EAD that just had 3 luthys pop up right behind him and he decided to stick around.....last thing i can think of.....back when i was a uggie...and i hated luthys just lik all yall...i found it pretty hilarious to run around in a scout beaconing them which led to a good amount of kills.....but when u say 1 volley takes out a scout...ur right ive had a mandi unload entire volleys on me BUT i usualy survive...ya they got deep in hull but i survived so id go as far as to say a volley and a half to take a scout out is a good estimate......and sumthin i learned when doin that beacon thing...NEVER STOP MOVING....go 35gu always even if there hasnt been combat for a good 20min because then they cant sneak up on u and if u do happen to pass by 1 and he uncloaks then hel hav to hav sum dam good timing on that uncloak and fire to even hit u b4 u get outa range and also...when ur goin 35gu not much hits u other than the beams (when i say 35gu i mean go 35gu zigzagging....in case u guys didnt know...) and if they jump u well u can jump out every 5sec with a scouts JD..i usualy jumped lik 2k gu away when they targeted me while i was beaconing mid combat then jumped right back in to beacon agin

PS reason y i decided to use ur rant geja out of all the others was cus u made valid points it was well written it wasnt filled with insults and it didnt sound all carebear whining like

PSS also ppl....kluth are like predators icc/ugto are like herds of prey in a sense even tho they fight back...if u know more then 1 thing about animal behavioral patterns its that predators only strike stragglers (unless they are incredibly stupid and or starving) because they know goin right in middle of grp is a way to sign ur own death certificate...so stick in grps guyz

[ This Message was edited by: Shath on 2010-07-27 20:14 ]

Shath
Admiral
Pitch Black

Posted: 2010-07-27 20:12   
Quote:

On 2010-07-27 19:26, Talien wrote:
Quote:

On 2010-07-27 19:11, Shath wrote:

Probably because even if people WANT to go fight Kluth, we can't find them because they're lurking around somewhere cloaked. They usually show up when ICC and UGTO are fighting anyway.

tru enuf....little known fact tho we are usualy out numbered

Shath
Admiral
Pitch Black

Posted: 2010-07-27 20:26   
Quote:

On 2010-07-26 10:00, Marius Falix wrote:
Well yeah ....no "skill" as its claimed to be is lets face it... hitting V and being able to lose the enemy firing on ya... which face it is bloody easy when they cant see you. -_-

perhaps when a ship gets within 50-100 gu of cloaked ship, it sig shows... ya know the red targetting diamond.

what do luth have to complain about that? we are gettting CLOSER!
(im ICC close = bad)

i mean luth cloak, atleast give us a way for a ship to take on its alien counterpart in an engagement.

coz unless you accidently jump the poor sod you aint gonna know till he shoots u in the arse, and when ya do, kluth will probably keep firing and possibly wipe you out.

but if thees someway you were blessed with survival and manage to turn that slagged ship around and manage to get close to the guy, i do believe itd be fair TO LET THE POOR GUY SHOOT BACK!.

this is just a theoretical one vs one here.

since luth hunt in packs i think it wouldnt make that much of a difference if ya get this implemented.
just means they cant go overkill and be hugging ur ass before they all uncloak.

and yes this will make luth require skill as you would have to "dance" with ur opponent, (best firing range for luth dread =250?) youd have to keep em close enough to fire effectively yet keep em out of range so they dont see ya.

= would actually require some semblence of skill

as for planets i think the suggested plans are good, maybe no that effective but hopefully enough.

Thoughts? srsly Luth dont start spouting... bad things about how u are skillfull -_-

using team work is not skill its just smart, and ur team NEED to use it in a major engagement... so the team actually does pay attention and work together.

and if skill = dodging while invis u can just stfu.

ive noticed luth arnt too great in 1v1 also yes teamwork is a skill believe it or not in fact lots of things are skills lik how u fast u can drink or eat cake or etc but teamwork is a mandatory skill if u want to be any good at luth

Shath
Admiral
Pitch Black

Posted: 2010-07-27 20:32   
Quote:

On 2010-07-26 10:28, Starcommand of ICC *XO* wrote:
That particular cluster has been bombed, rebuilt, and bombed over and over. Not to mention has been saboed more then once too. If the Myco cluster was built with at least 4 sensor bases on it (like it normally dose) luth don't dare get in close to Michelle at all.

If lock was back to what it SHOULD be, clusters would be perfect fortresses again, good at both anti UGTO and anti Kluth (since planets support one another). But alas planet auto unlock now making it real easy for lesser players to hop on to an alt and sabo it up. However thats a different story for a different topic.

Geje put it perfectly. Cloak is the key word here, something the I myself for years has been saying is the prime example of why Kluth are so powerful. Yet I get shot down every time as being QQ this or fanboi that because of my position as ICC. Now the arguments of the entire ICC faction have been said NOT by us, but by a mod.

It has been suggested over and over, for something that just flat out defeats cloak. Beacons COULD be one option, allowing them to be swappable with guns again, like the old days. Thus giving every ship the ability to attempt to counter cloak. Another one would be a replacement for the interdictor device, a blue looking dico that decloaks ships in a 1k radius. Others have been Torpedo's that do this, or buildings on planets. Take your pick, the player base has come up with some very good BALANCED ideas on how to fix the Kluth issue.

Sensor bases already auto ping, but only every 30 seconds (the cooldown) and it doesn't stack with more bases. I have noticed this because I was fighting 2 luthies alone in a cluster in Proc. Noticed that something, that wasn't me, pinged. Allowing me to see where the 1 luth station and siphon were for a second, and allowing me to focus on an area to launch missiles into, and focus my own pings (was in a HC). Unless it was the sensor platforms near me, something pinged.

hmmm good suggestions but im still wondering why u think a mod decided to take ur side in an arguement u think u auto win...u still made great suggestions and perhaps the dictor thing can be implemented cus it sounds nice but maybe with reduced effect (ull start seeing entire fleets hiding in these dictor fields making luth utterly useless) but still mods make opinions al lthe time so idk why it weighs so much with u but w/e just a curiousity

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
Page created in 0.027511 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR