Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +1.8 Days

Search

Anniversaries

20th - Relient
19th - Entil-Zha the Starkiller

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » Station requirements, what the heck?
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
 Author Station requirements, what the heck?
Bardiche
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2010-10-18 14:57   
Last I asked I was informed that it was an oversight (whether this means the other Stations should have similar requirements but somehow don't, or that no Stations should have star requirements is lost on me) but the argument used is that "by Grand Admiral you SHOULD have all those badges".

Sadly, it's not recognised as an appealing argument that if someone somehow made Grand Admiral without ever building, they'd be able to pilot a Station anywhere but ICC. "Deal with it".

Of course, I have all badges and stuff, so that's someone else's problem.

Piotr-san
Chief Marshal
*Renegade Space Marines*

Posted: 2010-10-18 15:14   
Personally id make icc stations requier all platinium just for the heck of it.

[ This Message was edited by: Piotr-san on 2010-10-18 15:25 ]

Riley!
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2010-10-18 15:41   
Quote:

On 2010-10-18 14:00, Slings&Arrows wrote:
How depressing.

Is it a commentary on humanity that something essentially simple and non confrontational can incite such intense sounding responses?

favorite.

Riley!
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2010-10-18 15:42   
Quote:

On 2010-10-18 15:14, Piotr-san wrote:
Personally id make icc stations requier all platinium just for the heck of it.

[ This Message was edited by: Piotr-san on 2010-10-18 15:25 ]

second favorite.

Borgie
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2010-10-18 16:30   
Quote:

On 2010-10-18 13:07, Coeus wrote:
Ok, you wanna know why? Here's why. Because the devs haven't had the chance to make the other stations catch up with an exploiting/griefing/laming/QQing/whinging population who want everything handed to them on a silver platter. But don't worry - when they raise the reqs for the stations & Assault class dreads, I'm sure you'll be quite satisfied with the requirement that people actually learn & play the entire game instead of treating it like some powerleveling epeen fest.

saddly i doubt this will happen. too much whining would start if players couldn't whore out easy pres.

Email Borgie
Azreal
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2010-10-18 18:32   
I am hoping all stations move to gold and platinum reqs. For one, it would mean the rest of my stupid, stupid faction will have the experience to know they aren't a front line COMBAT SHIP(!) by the time they can "fly" one.

Of course, the higher reqs for ICC hasn't stopped some of their fodder from grabbing one to hand me pres with, so I wouldn't hold my breath expecting our fodder to be more intelligent, either. Funny thing about fodder. They are dumb. That's why they are fodder.

Rank reqs should be slid up to allow something for the two top ranks. Yeah yeah, superdread smuperdread. They aint in the game. Stations and Capitol ships are.

Email Azreal   Goto the website of Azreal
Coeus
Grand Admiral
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2010-10-18 19:24   
It's not without precident to up the reqs when they redo ship layouts - happened in the 479->480 shift, and again in 480->481. The new stations premiered in 483 with higher reqs.

They reworked Scouts, Frigs, and Dessies... Cruisers Dreads and Stations are next in one lump batch, so if I didn't already have plat star (and actually still played) I wouldn't waste time & would be learning how to play the rest of the game.

ICC Security Council Chief Enforcer

Email Coeus   Goto the website of Coeus
Panduh
Grand Admiral
Pitch Black

Posted: 2010-10-18 20:53   
Quote:

On 2010-10-18 13:07, Coeus wrote:
Ok, you wanna know why? Here's why. Because the devs haven't had the chance to make the other stations catch up with an exploiting/griefing/laming/QQing/whinging population who want everything handed to them on a silver platter. But don't worry - when they raise the reqs for the stations & Assault class dreads, I'm sure you'll be quite satisfied with the requirement that people actually learn & play the entire game instead of treating it like some powerleveling epeen fest.

Wise man is wise.

Quote:

On 2010-10-18 14:00, Slings&Arrows wrote:
How depressing.

Is it a commentary on humanity that something essentially simple and non confrontational can incite such intense sounding responses?

Rhetorical analysis fail.

Painfulangel
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-10-18 21:03   
Quote:

On 2010-10-18 10:04, Apehezt wrote:
Noticed that reqs to use hive and uggie supp station is waaaaay lower than reqs to use icc supp station(gold almost everything).
Any devs wanna tell us if this is working as intended, and the reasoning behind it?
Last time i heard, icc supp station wasnt the be all end all that the reqs are trying to tell us.

So whats the problem with that ?? i think that the stations above need to be harder to get ike with the badges but not the first stations

Kenny_Naboo
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2010-10-18 21:05   
Quote:

On 2010-10-18 18:32, Azreal wrote:
I am hoping all stations move to gold and platinum reqs. For one, it would mean the rest of my stupid, stupid faction will have the experience to know they aren't a front line COMBAT SHIP(!) by the time they can "fly" one.

Ahhh.... I take it you mean throwing stations at UGTO in a stupid, futile and ultimately suicidal rush, get pwned, ....and if they're lucky, get to actually SD in the midst of the enemy, do minimal damage to the enemy while giving them oodles and oodles of pres....

..... and (here's the best part) claim it as some kind of warped victory, or just 'cos it's "fun to suicide".....

Fun to suicide? Victory?

Srsly wtf??

It's time to raise station requirements so they don't just become some easy-to-get tank or giant time bomb that's about as commonplace as some soccermom's Toyota...

[ This Message was edited by: Kenny_Naboo[+R] on 2010-10-18 21:06 ]

SpaceAdmiral
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-10-18 23:41   
alot of reqs are weird.
not sure if this is the same with icc and luth, but to use a bd you need gold engi, not hard to get but if icc doesn't need it we can use your argument of them not all being the same.

Bardiche
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2010-10-19 05:23   
Which amusingly reminds me that while the K'Luth do not require any badges to use their advanced transport, as opposed to the other two factions... you require a TRANSPORT badge to access the advanced engineer.

Kenny_Naboo
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2010-10-19 05:44   
Quote:

On 2010-10-19 05:23, Someone Else's Problem wrote:
Which amusingly reminds me that while the K'Luth do not require any badges to use their advanced transport, as opposed to the other two factions... you require a TRANSPORT badge to access the advanced engineer.

Kluth do require you to be a GA, with a Gold Star and even a Bronze Privateer to be able to access their top dread, the Krill.

So how about the AD?

Bardiche
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2010-10-19 09:11   
Siphon and AD have the same requirements, as do Krill and Line Station. That has little relation to the peculiar choice of making capturing planets a requisite to commanding a superior engineering vessel.

Panduh
Grand Admiral
Pitch Black

Posted: 2010-10-19 12:20   
I think its to force players to have a wide range of experience in piloting said ships.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
Page created in 0.024549 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR