Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +2.5 Days

Search

Anniversaries

20th - Relient
19th - Entil-Zha the Starkiller

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » Lionheads taking out plantes?
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
 Author Lionheads taking out plantes?
Brutality
Marshal

Posted: 2012-02-03 03:31   
Quote:

On 2012-02-03 02:17, coolestguy wrote:
@ Kenny

I tell you what it would be nice to see a faction actually be able to cover ground.

Right now this game is back at its old boring dull stalemate becasue of those SY planet destroying guns.

And i don't care if you can solo a LH, they have always been a threat to me and others.

[ This Message was edited by: coolestguy on 2012-02-03 02:19 ]

I must say that the MI have almost no effect on these "stalemates". Planets are just to weak atm. Its not hard to solo cap a planet using a bomber and a mass of Ai. Combine this with low player counts during certain periods of the day, and if nobody else is on, a single player can cap more several planets easily. A player or group of players on the opposing faction can easily retake the ground they lost later, and the situation repeats itself. As to the MI being a threat, its nice to have some as to the Mi being a threat, its good to have some Ai that can do the unexpected and turn the tide of a player battle. Get used to fighting smart Ai, cause when the new system comes out, they will be a lot harder to kill. Sorry for ranting

Boerenkool
Marshal

Posted: 2012-02-03 03:40   
Quote:

On 2012-02-03 02:15, coolestguy wrote:
Quote:

On 2012-01-27 20:19, Talien wrote:
You have way more than 30 seconds warning

No i didnt!

I just watched it warp into my face and blow up the planat i was healing at. I didn't even have enough time to call in one single AI.

Some times yes you have warning but now it just warps into the planat and blows everything up.

Its turned into a joke of a ship keeping any faction from making progress and giving us our old "stalemate tri system" we had before the update.

It needs to be removed.

its because there was probably a ship or a platform nearby the MI jumped. after plat/ship died theres a nice juicy planet nearby to kill. my guess is u where orbiting volme? Volme gets blasted by MI pretty fast.

also, what do u suggest? I see a suggestion of u saying "it needs to be removed". so that means you have no idea to improve the system? isnt that basically the same as agreeing the current system is best?
[ This Message was edited by: Furiosity on 2012-02-03 03:42 ]

coolestguy
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2012-02-04 18:14   
Quote:

On 2012-02-03 03:40, Furiosity wrote:
Quote:

On 2012-02-03 02:15, coolestguy wrote:
Quote:

On 2012-01-27 20:19, Talien wrote:
You have way more than 30 seconds warning

No i didnt!

I just watched it warp into my face and blow up the planat i was healing at. I didn't even have enough time to call in one single AI.

Some times yes you have warning but now it just warps into the planat and blows everything up.

Its turned into a joke of a ship keeping any faction from making progress and giving us our old "stalemate tri system" we had before the update.

It needs to be removed.

its because there was probably a ship or a platform nearby the MI jumped. after plat/ship died theres a nice juicy planet nearby to kill. my guess is u where orbiting volme? Volme gets blasted by MI pretty fast.

also, what do u suggest? I see a suggestion of u saying "it needs to be removed". so that means you have no idea to improve the system? isnt that basically the same as agreeing the current system is best?
[ This Message was edited by: Furiosity on 2012-02-03 03:42 ]

I wouldn't say that removing it is going to keep the system currnet. But this is how i see it.

We have a stalemate, no faction can progress in capturing planats mostly in part becasue of this Beam gun the LH are using.

If and i mean if there was a player base to deflect and defend the planats i wouldn't see a problem but there is less than 100 active/frequent players hear and even less at "any given time"

So to let factions take over and "hold" systems longer at the very least i suggest this blue planat killer gun be taken out.

Eledore Massis [R33]
Grand Admiral
Templar Knights

Posted: 2012-02-04 20:00   
[Dev-Joke]

Good news. i talked to the LionHeads and told them the Singularity Lance is no longer to be considered a Bomb! but a regular weapon.
As the MI is one entity this change will take affect on all MI ships so the 'Praetorian', 'Legion' & 'Node' Will no longer bomb the crap of your planets but instead will aim the weapon at every ship they encounter.

Glad to have helped to solve the problem.

Yours truly,
The Dev who last tweaked the MI;
Eledore Massis

[\Dev-Joke]

That said
We have no control over what Planet gets attacked by the MI.
As all AI will fly around and scout the planets, the MI can usually be found around the major trade lines of Kaus Borialis. if your SY planets happens to close to those lanes, high chance is a lone MI might pop up and try to attack the planet. If it gets attacked it will distress and more MI might respond to the distress Bam more MI you can handle.
Another is, if it followes a player back to the SY planet. don't make it a target by running to the SY for reps/ship change. get rid of it following you first!.
Again we have no control over the AI and to introduce a 'NO NOT' list would be a bit counter to having the AI spike up the metaverse.

Just thinking back of what i read in this topic again..
The last MI chance was a good 6 months and don't know what you guys are saying about there damage but that hasn't been touched either.
The MI Singularity Lance is there to indeed give the center of the Metaverse more action. So keep this in mind and keep those essential Shipyards away from the front line and out of reach of the usuall flying routes.

P.S. whats wrong with (re-) BUILDING a planet? these days planets get captured so much with just ships and usually just the infantry gets bombed off. How do you expect to gather Construction Points? and no Scenario does not count as a valid alternative, because that is more of a Newbie server. It is just there to allow new people learn in a little more safer environment.

Kenny_Naboo
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2012-02-04 23:01   
Quote:

On 2012-02-04 20:00, Eledore Massis [R33] wrote:

Another is, if it followes a player back to the SY planet. don't make it a target by running to the SY for reps/ship change. get rid of it following you first!.

LOL.

Oh, so it was probably some of these QQ'ers fault! They had to shoot at the LH, then chickened out, turned tail and ran home.

Guess what, babies. The big bad wolf huffed and puffed, and blew your house down.

[ This Message was edited by: Kenny_Naboo[+R] on 2012-02-04 23:02 ]

coolestguy
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2012-02-05 00:16   
Quote:

[Dev-Joke]

P.S. whats wrong with (re-) BUILDING a planet? these days planets get captured so much with just ships and usually just the infantry gets bombed off. How do you expect to gather Construction Points? and no Scenario does not count as a valid alternative, because that is more of a Newbie server. It is just there to allow new people learn in a little more safer environment.

There is nothing wrong then, the current stats of the game is a dead stalemate just like it was before the update. No faction can capture ground and hold it as it just gets blown away by the lazers im fine with that.

At least before the update and this new lazer SY killer, factions could hold new captured planats and systems for a day or so.

Now they can be held for a few hours, sure thats fun -.-

[ This Message was edited by: coolestguy on 2012-02-05 00:18 ]

Brutality
Marshal

Posted: 2012-02-05 00:37   
Quote:

On 2012-02-05 00:16, coolestguy wrote:
Quote:

[Dev-Joke]

There is nothing wrong then, the current stats of the game is a dead stalemate just like it was before the update. No faction can capture ground and hold it as it just gets blown away by the lazers im fine with that.

At least before the update and this new lazer SY killer, factions could hold new captured planats and systems for a day or so.

Now they can be held for a few hours, sure thats fun -.-

[ This Message was edited by: coolestguy on 2012-02-05 00:18 ]

The MI have been slagging ICC shipyards since I can remember, They aren't "New" at all. Tau-Ceti used to get hit on a regular basis, but now Dres-Kona has that honor.

*FTL*Soulless
Marshal

Posted: 2012-02-05 00:38   
Quote:

[Dev-Joke]

Good news. i talked to the LionHeads and told them the Singularity Lance is no longer to be considered a Bomb! but a regular weapon.
As the MI is one entity this change will take affect on all MI ships so the 'Praetorian', 'Legion' & 'Node' Will no longer bomb the crap of your planets but instead will aim the weapon at every ship they encounter.

Glad to have helped to solve the problem.

Yours truly,
The Dev who last tweaked the MI;
Eledore Massis

[\Dev-Joke]

I was here when said death beam was being emplimented.....dang MI used it on ships all the time till all the bugs were worked out....made for a real quick death to a fleet

Email *FTL*Soulless
Brutality
Marshal

Posted: 2012-02-05 00:38   

Double post
[ This Message was edited by: Corrupting Brutality on 2012-02-05 02:43 ]

coolestguy
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2012-02-05 01:33   
There not new? Maybe i was a noob then i thought they came with the new update, i never remember them interfearing back in the old days but i could nave not noticed either.

Talien
Marshal
Templar Knights

Posted: 2012-02-05 03:56   
No, they are not new, they've been there for a long time. Originally when the "deathray" was added it completely glassed a planet, pop, res, buildings, troops, everything gone. That was actually better since it didn't just result in a revolt.

.....Yeah, can we have that back? It's easier to just rebuild a planet than it is to babysit it for over an hour while the pop goes back up and morale gets high enough so it won't revolt.

Fatal Perihelion
Chief Marshal
Fatal Squadron

Posted: 2012-02-05 05:35   
Quote:

On 2012-02-04 18:14, coolestguy wrote:

I wouldn't say that removing it is going to keep the system currnet. But this is how i see it.

We have a stalemate, no faction can progress in capturing planats mostly in part becasue of this Beam gun the LH are using.

If and i mean if there was a player base to deflect and defend the planats i wouldn't see a problem but there is less than 100 active/frequent players hear and even less at "any given time"

So to let factions take over and "hold" systems longer at the very least i suggest this blue planat killer gun be taken out.

You should believe what we tell you, if you would play more you would know that a single bomber destroys more Sys then LH ever do, or even worse they just bomb the tech.
You dont even need a bomber, a planet just captured with ai can easily be put to the torch without even scrapping a building.
I guess you are focused too much on Kaus Borealis, no one is fooling you.
Maybe you think LH is anoying but it is not to blame for the stalemate.

Alzek15
Admiral

Posted: 2012-02-06 11:57   
Exactly, it's a bad day when u log on and u find out 3 of ur planets have been wiped out

Email Alzek15
coolestguy
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2012-02-06 12:29   
Quote:

On 2012-02-05 05:35, Fatal Perihelion wrote:
Quote:

You should believe what we tell you, if you would play more you would know that a single bomber destroys more Sys then LH ever do, or even worse they just bomb the tech.
You dont even need a bomber, a planet just captured with ai can easily be put to the torch without even scrapping a building.

Let me see, would i rather attack a bomber? Or a LH hummmm

Which one would be easier to kill hummm.....i wonder i wonder....

I guess if you played this game long enough and would stop to consider that for "ALL!" players and especially new people, find that a "bomber" is so very easy to deflect and kill as aposed to a LH.

[ This Message was edited by: coolestguy on 2012-02-06 12:31 ]

Brutality
Marshal

Posted: 2012-02-06 14:05   
Quote:

On 2012-02-06 12:29, coolestguy wrote:
Quote:

On 2012-02-05 05:35, Fatal Perihelion wrote:
Quote:

Let me see, would i rather attack a bomber? Or a LH hummmm

Which one would be easier to kill hummm.....i wonder i wonder....

I guess if you played this game long enough and would stop to consider that for "ALL!" players and especially new people, find that a "bomber" is so very easy to deflect and kill as aposed to a LH.

[ This Message was edited by: coolestguy on 2012-02-06 12:31 ]

Depends on who you are. You saw how my AD fairs vs Longheads, you just have to have the right setup for the job.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
Page created in 0.024218 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR