No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +2.8 Days

Search

Anniversaries

No anniversaries today.

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » The genocide of UGTO!
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
 Author The genocide of UGTO!
Borgie
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2013-05-07 21:36   
See this what happens when I'm busy with real life stuff

Email Borgie
Taelon
Marshal

Posted: 2013-05-08 05:06   
That's rhetorical right?

*FTL*Soulless
Marshal

Posted: 2013-05-08 08:27   
Quote:
On 2013-05-07 21:36, Borgie wrote:
See this what happens when I'm busy with real life stuff

Yep all the fun things happen with your gone. Just like this final extermination of the monkeys

Email *FTL*Soulless
DiepLuc
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2013-05-08 10:34   
Update!

Taelon
Marshal

Posted: 2013-05-08 17:15   
I see UGTO, oh wait nvm haha

Flyer
Admiral

Posted: 2013-05-09 05:50   
It is just to easy to get away when you are kluth. Ejump and cloak and you are homefree. It is way to hard to kill a kluth dread comparable to the other factions. Or it is to easy to be killed as ICC / UGTO.

So either you give the ICC/Ugto some other thing to improve their survivability or you lower the survivability of the kluth.

possible example to buff the ICC
emergency shield booster. Long Cooldown (5 min+) : restore the complete shieldarcs to full (this is tricky to balance)

Something for the Ugto
Backup jump engine: Long cooldown device that will make jumping possible while the main jumpdrive is still charging or destroyed.

Or a way to lower the effectiveness for the cloak as escape device is to let the cloak have a change to be destroyed on activation based on the damage to the hull. (seems naturally that a heavy damaged ship cannot cloak easy because venting plasma is not easy to conceal.) So trying to cloak with the hull at 20 % will result in 80 % failure rate for the cloak.

Just my 2 cents again.

Email Flyer
Taelon
Marshal

Posted: 2013-05-09 06:05   
I am just asking have you flown k'luth dreads? They are not easy cause they die fast, and cloaking is not a completely safe thing when you have a few ships around that can blind fire good, so I think everything is fine how it is, granted I think ugto could get some minor boost like a few seconds less JD, but nothing major. And double shields, you have to play icc, I can barely bust a icc dread solo in most of my ships without dieing.

*FTL*Soulless
Marshal

Posted: 2013-05-09 07:31   
Quote:
On 2013-05-09 06:05, Taelon*RO* wrote:
I am just asking have you flown k'luth dreads? They are not easy cause they die fast, and cloaking is not a completely safe thing when you have a few ships around that can blind fire good, so I think everything is fine how it is, granted I think ugto could get some minor boost like a few seconds less JD, but nothing major. And double shields, you have to play icc, I can barely bust a icc dread solo in most of my ships without dieing.

The ships them selvs may be more balanced than in times past. But you also have to remember that there was a lot more ways to catch and kill a luth player, (Ie Dictor crusiers, ECCM spam so cloak took forever or just didnt work, Ping, BEACONS!). And luth are even more durable than before (73500 HP for organic at lv 6 and chit at 95000 vs ICC at 102250 and uggie at 118000) Couple that in with the absolute cloak and you have a nightmare for any new pilots, and a terrible game of hide and go seek for an experienced player

And i can barely take on 1 luth solo without dieing

Email *FTL*Soulless
Flyer
Admiral

Posted: 2013-05-09 11:29   
I flew my share of kluth ships in the days (granted not in the recent build). But even back then cloak granted a lot more survivability. But from what I read on the forums it is to easy to survive as kluth. Like is also explained in the following thread by kluth players themselfs http://www.darkspace.net/index.htm?module=forums.php&page=/viewtopic.php?topic=53730&forum=1&5

I'm not talking about the ability of kluth to fight 1 vs 1. I'm just talking about the survivability. Which is also clearly visible in the combat kills. Eventually even if you lose 4 out of 5 engagements but you can survive them you will still do better then the faction that wins the 4 out of 5 engagements but dies in the 1 engagement that they lose.

Besides kluth has the cloak, the autorepair and the ELF system.
ICC has the Pulse and shield tech
and ugto has the Flux system.

Seems that Ugto has the least toys and this is something that has been in the game since the beta.

Email Flyer
Brutality
Marshal

Posted: 2013-05-09 11:36   
Quote:
On 2013-05-09 11:29, Flyer wrote:
I flew my share of kluth ships in the days (granted not in the recent build). But even back then cloak granted a lot more survivability. But from what I read on the forums it is to easy to survive as kluth. Like is also explained in the following thread by kluth players themselfs http://www.darkspace.net/index.htm?module=forums.php&page=/viewtopic.php?topic=53730&forum=1&5

I'm not talking about the ability of kluth to fight 1 vs 1. I'm just talking about the survivability. Which is also clearly visible in the combat kills. Eventually even if you lose 4 out of 5 engagements but you can survive them you will still do better then the faction that wins the 4 out of 5 engagements but dies in the 1 engagement that they lose.

Besides kluth has the cloak, the autorepair and the ELF system.
ICC has the Pulse and shield tech
and ugto has the Flux system.

Seems that Ugto has the least toys and this is something that has been in the game since the beta.

Don't worry everyone gets a version of the Pulse beam next version so ICC basically loses that advantage.

[ This Message was edited by: Brutality *TO* on 2013-05-09 11:37 ]

Taelon
Marshal

Posted: 2013-05-09 11:45   
K'luth has weakest armor and shortest range
Icc has shields and longest range
Ugto has best armor and a weapon I find deadly to k'luth

And that post is one person saying they survive better yes we survive better but we die easiest the cloak helps be it isn't a 100% survivability thing...

Borgie
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2013-05-09 17:56   
also part of the problem right now is currently kluth have more active players then the other 2 factions.

Email Borgie
Necrotic
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2013-05-09 18:11   
everyone talks about complaining about kluth. it has and always been about numbers. whoever has the most people does the best always. Kluth isnt even fully active. Then when so many people on one faction log on one stop everyone. Then we see forum threads on ow op that factions is. We have seen it with every faction. Its always been about numbers the more you have the more likely you are to win. There is nothing at all any kluth on any ship can fight a overwhemling force regardless of cloak. This is true with any faction.

No matter how hard they have tried. They havnt figured out how to nerf skill yet :P

Ray[OU]
Marshal

From: Some where in deep space, From another galaxy. [Origin Unknown]
Posted: 2013-05-09 18:31   
Under Command of UGTO Officer Marshal Ray. 6 elite Marine Division's was dropped on Earth at 18:45. 20 minutes later Earth was under UGTO Control again. Now there is Cake! Good Day..
-Ray

Taelon
Marshal

Posted: 2013-05-09 19:29   
Quote:
On 2013-05-09 18:31, Supreme Commander~Ray[OU] wrote:
Under Command of UGTO Officer Marshal Ray. 6 elite Marine Division's was dropped on Earth at 18:45. 20 minutes later Earth was under UGTO Control again. Now there is Cake! Good Day..
-Ray

You deserve a cookie for the humor of this...

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
Page created in 0.027793 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR