Combat Kills

Combat kills in last 24 hours:
No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

Search

Anniversaries

14th - wolf420

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Tactics & New Players » » The high art of professional Supplying
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
 Author The high art of professional Supplying
Null {C?}
Admiral
Evil Empires Inc.

Posted: 2002-11-26 16:30   
Quote:

attack on the other ship only for the purpose to kill a supply, thats lame (and this is especially for the kluth dread commanders!!). i could use some other words, but i think i keep it to "lame"...
btw: noone would attack red-cross vessels in real-life war. and a supply ship is something similar!
conclusion: after sending a supply distress jump out! i wont jump in

I have to disagree there, a supply is more like the medic in you combat unit, and a supply is a prime target, the point is not to get an easy kill, but to gain an advantage over your enemy, whether or not you blow up a ship that is already disabled is up to you, its not a threat, but to disable a supply ship, is too severely hurt the other sides ability to carry out its battle against you. Yes, the majority of the ships in the game are combat ships, but the noncombat ships(or the combat ships used for purposes other than just combat such as cruisers and dreads transporting inf.) are how the game is won or lost, and although you gain less pres. disabling a supply ship is strategically better than disabling a dread.

Fornax
Marshal
Raven Warriors

Posted: 2002-12-05 21:08   
You guys are missing an important element of supplying.

Triage.

Primarily this means doing repairs not by fixing the worst damaged ship first, but to repair the least damaged or the one that requires the least amount of time to become combat worthy.

Oftentimes, pilots fly to the nearest supply ship, not because they are in dire need of repair, but because they are critically low on ammunition. Sometimes all it takes is a few seconds to give that player the tools they need to defend your happy backside.

For this reason alone, whenever a ship buzzes me, even if I'm in the middle of a major repair job, I will temporarily rededicate a single reload onto that ship. A good percentage of the time, this all they really need.
More, they're far more likely to help you out because they realize you're paying attention to everything.
-
The other thing I tend to do is work as a combat-supply. Right in the middle of the battle and right where I might be able to give the helping hand that makes all the difference in the world in a specific engagement. Look at ships like the Missile Dread that can run themselves out of ammunition in only 5 volleys! Look at how often ships get systems damage mid-combat and how drastically that can impact their combat effectiveness without most people even realizing it.

Sometimes those 3 seconds of reload in the middle of a furball firefight make all the difference in the world.

Nax

Sandals
Fleet Admiral
Agents

Posted: 2002-12-05 21:40   
Quote:

On 2002-11-26 08:46, PuppetMaster[**] *[{G.E.G.}]* wrote:

2) a player jumped out of battle. i jumped him (yes, i used the manual jump by adding 250 gu) to refit him. after getting his ammo reloaded and his hull to 75% or 80% he jumps back into the battle. WHY??? did he need supply or not? if so, why the heck he jumps back (and wonders why he got killed a second later...). if not, dont call for supply and dont expect that someone will come and fix u!
conclusion: dont call for supply if u dont need to

This is wrong. If there is a raging battle, a ship should rejoin the fight as SOON as he has full ammo, repaired systems, and good armor/shields. (Not sit around for another 3 minutes.) Especially ICC. Since we have to jump out when we lose shields fighting UGTO anyway it really doesnt matter what hull you are at...

Sounds like a prestige greed policy to me.

Dancer
Cadet

Posted: 2002-12-06 00:54   
if i am resupplying and we get jumped by hostiles, I like to tractor the ship im repairing into the line of fire, while doing a runner.
Wish i could figure a way of shooting up there engines to as im running just to make sure they get targetted and not me

Quistis {C?}
Cadet
Evil Empires Inc.

Posted: 2002-12-06 00:57   
/me LOOOOVES Supply Threads!! wOOOt Long live the supplies!!

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
Page created in 0.186912 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR