Combat Kills

Combat kills in last 24 hours:
No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

Search

Anniversaries

14th - wolf420

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Diplomacy » » Concerning the MOA strike...
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
 Author Concerning the MOA strike...
Faustus
Marshal
Palestar

Posted: 2002-11-12 13:21   
IMHO... This entire strike issue needs to just stop.

What does MOA really expect from me, to drop everything thats going into 1.481 to address their issues? Even worse, is to complain and state it on the public forums, nothing better to discourage new players away from DarkSpace. Those new players are going to be the only way, DS will do well enough for me to hire on the additional help I need, to get these things fixed.

Nice big catch-22 if you ask me..

I'm not dropping my work on 1.481 to fix MOA's complaints anytime soon, those fixes will come in version 1.482. MOA' will just need to be more patient.

-Richard

Goto the website of Faustus
Armand
Chief Marshal
Synchronicity

Posted: 2002-11-12 13:48   
Your doing a great job dont worry about them

Email Armand
Warpath81
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2002-11-12 13:50   
I personally feel a clan has the right to decide what they will do or won't do without being condoned for it.

MoA is a very active clan in the MV. They are not having any fun playing in there because of the balance issues between factions. They have fought with those balance issues for a long time (I guess) and are feeling sick of it.

They decide they are going to take a break from the MV as a clan. They make this decision as a clan and post the decision publicly, with explination, so that everyone understands what is going on.

Personally, if I was running the most active ICC clan in the MV and my clan decided to drop out of the MV completely because of some issue, I would probably post about it as well. I'm sure all the clans would wonder why we just dissapeared without a word and that would probably get just as many people frustrated and annoyed.

A clan should not be forced or pushed into playing something that is not fun for them. If MoA wants to publicly say "hey, we don't enjoy the MV because of these reasons, so until they are fixed we are gonna step back from it and play elsewhere" then they have every right to do so.

I think MoA made their own decisions and decided to let everyone know why. They didn't say "hey, come follow us." They didn't ask the other UGTO clans to follow them. They just said we aren't going to play anymore. If you think a clan should be "forced" to play a part of Darkspace that is not fun because a patch is still far away....well, that is just wrong.

We all understand the Dev team is hard at work. I'm sure MoA appreciates all the work your doing, as to all the rest of us.. I didn't see any part of their post "demanding" anything. They will wait just like all the rest of us for the fixes when they come. They just said they aren't gonna play MV anymore.

I'm annoyed that a clan cannot make a decision like this and post about it without everyone jumping on their back and dragging their name down. If a group doesn't want to play because it isn't fun, they don't have to, and if they are a highly active group in the MV, they should be able to let their fellow fleets and their enemies know why they are gone.

Sorry Faus, but I really got to disagree with ya on this one.

Come hang out with us
irc.steelrat.com, channel #dirtydeeds
http://www.steelrat.com/ddforums

[ This Message was edited by: Warpath81 on 2002-11-12 13:51 ]

Email Warpath81   Goto the website of Warpath81
Jim Starluck
Marshal
Templar Knights

Posted: 2002-11-12 14:04   
The Almighty F has spoken!

Email Jim Starluck
Patlukowsky
Marshal
Mercenaries of Andosia

Posted: 2002-11-12 14:04   
Well Faustus.

we dont want that u stop ur work at 1.481

and we never would dishonor ur work

U are doing a really good and amazing job.

We just decidd to take a break from MV

like warphath said...no offence on u

Do ur work like u want

and we just will be patience and wait to 1.482

Otherwise

We are stil here
We are still helping the ppl in here

so ...we will be patiant and u just do ur great work..like ever

Email Patlukowsky   Goto the website of Patlukowsky
Demorian
Fleet Admiral
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2002-11-12 14:11   
Don't let it get to you, Richard. Everyone gets frustrated every now and then and I know MoA doesn't mean this strike as a message to or against you. To many UGTO, the MV has problems right now, but that is not necessarily inherent to the game or to your work.

This strike issue has caused a lot of tremors but I do believe that, in light of the respectful, polite terms in which the strike was announced, they should more than ever be allowed to do what they desire as long as they don't break any rules. They don't mean it againstcha.

Keep up the good work, man.

-Dem

Bumblebee
Cadet
Mercenaries of Andosia

Posted: 2002-11-12 14:24   
first of all, thanks for your reply, Warpath81

you understood the deeper meaning of it

@Faustus

Richard, you should know me/us better
we never asked you to drop everything, and make MoA happy
fact is, we do not like to play MV anymore, because of the "imballance"
fact is, we only play the scenario (mostly FA), in the next time
you know, how much of our own blood is in this game, the last we want, is to do something "negative", something who prevent the entry of new players
in fact, we go on with our help in the newbie-server, with our "job" as MOD's (and ADMIN )
but we do not play in the MV, in the next time, and, as Warp. stated, we had to inform "the other" about it, and why

@ the rest of the fellow reader's

DS is a great game, the greatest i ever played, so far
i play this game since more than 20 month's; since the closed beta
and i know how to fly my ship - btw.
Faustus do a more than great job, he deserves any help possible for it
MoA in general, and myself, as a person, do not ask you to boycott the MV, nor the entire game
do yourself a favor and play it, you will find it as great as we do

wait for 1.481, and later for 1.482, you will be positively surprised, i promise

hopefully i could clear things up a bit

Email Bumblebee
Faustus
Marshal
Palestar

Posted: 2002-11-12 14:42   
Welp, Sorry about this, I take some things very personal...

I'll work as fast as possible, to get these issues fixed...
Richard

Goto the website of Faustus
Bumblebee
Cadet
Mercenaries of Andosia

Posted: 2002-11-12 15:06   
we know, richard, we know very much

count on our help, anytime, and where ever you want / need it
i promise

Email Bumblebee
Deleted
Cadet

Posted: 2002-11-12 15:07   
Hey, we all know that the new fighter system is going to be of more of a benifit UGTO since we can launch more fighters than the ICC or Kluth

And having the shipyards means we can respond much faster to attacks.

I see nothing but goodness comming in the next patch.

I think ALL of UGTO is really looking forward to the changes and I imagine we may end up having to have the UGTO rebalanced depending on how fighter crazy we go.

Faustus:

I think the large part of MoA's problem is that some ICC players instead of saying, "yeah we can mount more weapons". They are slamming back with, "learn to fly", or "it's called teamwork--you suck". It's more of a reaction against some players than anything you are doing. Most of the posting about this has been of a pretty inflamitory nature.

Novacat
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2002-11-12 15:33   
Yet sadly the ICC received pretty much the same responses when they were at the UGTO's position

Goto the website of Novacat
Warpath81
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2002-11-12 15:48   
We all know your working hard to make this game everything it can be. I've been a hardcore gamer for a long time and this is the longest I've ever stayed with one game (my one year b-day in DS is tomorrow, the 13th).

Through thick and thin, your community is behind you and everything your doing. Keep up the wonderful work and we'll keep up supporting you, even if we sometimes have to make statements about what is going on in the present.

I mean heck, your our Big DS God =)

Email Warpath81   Goto the website of Warpath81
Specterx
Fleet Admiral
Pitch Black

Posted: 2002-11-12 16:38   
MoA tried to dump their problems on everyone else - on the K'luth, on the ICC, on the game, on Faustus. Why don't we all "go on strike" to get what we want. Hey, how about PB goes on strike to to get the Flux wave removed, or to have the Pulse Shield removed, or the cloak un-changed? In fact, how about ALL the paying customers quit the game until Palestar's one programmer gives in to our varied, conflicting and unrealistic demands, designed to specifically favor and forward our individual factions/fleets? Why, what an interesting idea - what a crappy, nonexistent game we'd have.

Every faction has had it's ups and downs. EVERY FACTION. Did you see the K'luth "going on strike" when we still had ELF dreads, or the ICC behaving this way when they were pretty much getting bowled over by everyone? NO.

"Taking a step back" and quitting the game for some period is normal. It is not normal to make grand proclamations and issue demands to the game developers, and, above all, in such a way that will only sabotage and delay efforts to have the issues (those that are relevant, anyway) taken care of.

If you don't like the game, either make suggestions and deal with it like the REST OF US or leave. Don't let the door hit you on the way out.

Email Specterx   Goto the website of Specterx
Gideon
Cadet

Posted: 2002-11-12 16:44   
*Gideon suggests locking this thread before it becomes a flame fest...*

Email Gideon
Juxtapose
Grand Admiral
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2002-11-12 17:14   
Um...Specterex?

The ICC did act this way when they were getting bowled over.

We had clans go on strike because of issues (None that were ever resolved)

I just don't think they posted it when they did...or maybe no one cared because they thought that one measly clan couldn't stop the raging hordes. And they couldn't.

It took me.

So...inorder to bring balance back to the game...I will shift my tremendous presence over to the UGTO and defeat the raging hordes...again.

I don't expect thanks, applause nor monentary reward...Your smiles are a currency far more rewarding than anything else.

Savior of the UGTO Race

[ This Message was edited by: Juxtapose on 2002-11-12 17:16 ]

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
Page created in 0.021454 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR