No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +6.3 Days

Search

Anniversaries

14th - wolf420

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Diplomacy » » Kluth, if it aint PB it aint Kluth !!!
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
 Author Kluth, if it aint PB it aint Kluth !!!
Tael
2nd Rear Admiral
Palestar

Posted: 2002-11-30 05:06   
Moving to diplomacy...

Email Tael
Deleted
2nd Rear Admiral

Posted: 2002-11-30 05:17   
i know it should be in diplomacy but noone looks there can we have it back in soap box? or even mod feedback

Dancer
Cadet

Posted: 2002-11-30 05:23   
Alot of people read threads by - Latest Foru Topics.

I get the feeling this will be staying in there for quite some time.

I have to say again this is on of the better threads with the vets all joining in to throw mud.

DMNTD
1st Rear Admiral

Posted: 2002-11-30 05:26   
Aight here it is sense the start of PB alot of ppl were pretty intimidated because it had heavy hitters FROM THE START. Kamikaze Chicken, Coombie a few and then me were the first to be chosen we were all big timers and with that came a certain respect (or at least and opinion for respect) and responsibility. Now Kami was a big talker but he was a awsome player and so was I(even though I could never CATCH coombie), and we talked alot of BS and started alot because its what we thought was actually fun to us. No one else agreed really and its not like we abuse we would taunt to no end and threaten and maybe thats why he got banned I have not asked that. Ok anyway the point is all this weird crap about the game being fun.......I don't get it :

Clan math(opinion)

1.You learn your clan mates you learn your clan

2.You start flying like your clan mates

3.YOU enjoy your clan when it works out

4. You take on a usualy (I'm a hard a$$ complex)

5.You start things perhaps you should not have

6.The clan backs you till its over

end

SO if you want to have fun when you learn the clan.....you probably LEARNED the clan except it or leave. SO when ppl start complainin about all thats been in this thread about not fun because of a clan war...In my opinion you just took the war aspect OUT of DS and its even worse you did not stick through....I mean comon it is a game, I'm a veteran just not the points to prove it no sense in a migrane but its a war..words go words come..ehh now I'm just ranting..........

Raider

P.S. I usualy end up sticking my foot i my mouth or ranting..but hey I'm Raider..peace

[ This Message was edited by: Raider on 2002-11-30 05:27 ]

[ This Message was edited by: Raider on 2002-11-30 05:29 ]

Email DMNTD   Goto the website of DMNTD
Ragglock
Marshal
BIOnics Industry Syndicate

Posted: 2002-11-30 09:13   
stop throwing mud at PB twp or kluth , i know for a fact that mud dont like that

LOVE the smell of human flesh in the morning smells like MVictory

Goto the website of Ragglock
Cattraknoff
Cadet

Posted: 2002-11-30 09:30   
Leaving.....
Havnt been in PB long but i hate all this fighting so im gone, will remain kluth but i am outta PB

Goto the website of Cattraknoff
ScottyderEchte
Fleet Admiral
Pitch Black

Posted: 2002-11-30 09:55   
I am really sorry to see you guys go because of this.

It seems that this type of stuff just never ends. I do not want to comment, except that I really think it is childish.

And I just remembered a saying:

Dont say anything,
and people think you are dumb,
Open your mouth and say somethng,
and people know it.

Orion_Prime
Cadet

Posted: 2002-11-30 10:01   
Well, a lot of seriousness of this post has been lost...

I got a whisper from Yule shortly after I posted my second reply to this post urging me to stay and that this will blow over. I tend to agree with him, it will blow over, it always does. But that is exactly the problem and exactly why I left, it always blows over. The only problem is, it always happens. This little feud will not stop no matter what happens. Here I will breakdown the problem:

Problem 1: Every K'Luth clan feels that PB is an elitist clan. Whether they are or not, you will never convince them otherwise. This yields:

Problem 2: PB tries and tries to convince everyone that they are not elitist, which causes friction between the two groups.

I know this is the case because I have been on both sides of the argument. Every clan has a few bad members, it's unavoidable. TWP does, PB does, BIS does, etc etc. This causes some other members to leave and it causes clans to get bad reputations. Again, it's unavoidable.

So how do we solve these problems? Answer: We don't. we can't. Not until the diplomacy system that is. When that gets implemented TWP, PB, BIS, and any other clans can just declare war on each other and the problems will be fought away legally. Until then, this bickering will continue nonstop. Again, Unavoidable...

Email Orion_Prime
Selvarian {IMC}
Cadet

Posted: 2002-11-30 10:30   
Folks...

This is and should remain a COMPLETELY in-game issue. Don't take it out-of-game. Two K'luth fleets are squabbling over power and control issues in the faction.

Same concept applies to moderators here; they are also PLAYERS, and have just as much right to instigate and respond to in-game political intrigue as anyone else. They also suffer the same negative repercussions for it as well. That's the way it is supposed to be.

Simply put, cooperate or not, communicate or not; just keep it all in-game.

Founding Member - Interstellar Mercenary Corps

Email Selvarian {IMC}   Goto the website of Selvarian {IMC}
Darkheyr ={NuKe Squad}=
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2002-11-30 11:09   
Specterx : You of all, as a former VA member, should know WHY PB is considered arrogant and the like...

Note : I'm talking about PB as a clan. Not the single members.

\"A little bit of weird with a dash of oddness.\" -Kitana

Email Darkheyr ={NuKe Squad}=
Panimu
Cadet

Posted: 2002-11-30 11:31   
Quote:

On 2002-11-30 10:30, Selvarian wrote:
Folks...

This is and should remain a COMPLETELY in-game issue. Don't take it out-of-game.

Oh don't be such a prig. You can't consider the Darkspace boards to be unrelated to Darkspace.

Goto the website of Panimu
Specterx
Fleet Admiral
Pitch Black

Posted: 2002-11-30 11:54   
Quote:

On 2002-11-30 10:30, Selvarian wrote:
Folks...

This is and should remain a COMPLETELY in-game issue. Don't take it out-of-game. Two K'luth fleets are squabbling over power and control issues in the faction.

Same concept applies to moderators here; they are also PLAYERS, and have just as much right to instigate and respond to in-game political intrigue as anyone else. They also suffer the same negative repercussions for it as well. That's the way it is supposed to be.

Simply put, cooperate or not, communicate or not; just keep it all in-game.

Seems to me this is a deliberate attempt to publicly disparage PB and it's members, to paint us as arrogant, concerned only with hording planets. In fact I'd say it's bordering on harassement (it wouldn't be the first time I could say that about Neostar's activities).

Quote:

Specterx : You of all, as a former VA member, should know WHY PB is considered arrogant and the like...

It was always single members and isolated events - I recognized it then (hence my refusal to follow VA over to ICC, and my joining PB) and I recognize it all the more now. You have to ask the existing K'luth fleets (KIGR, IGCW, BIS) if they as a whole feel this way. The answer will be "no". There is no reason at all for anyone to be giving us crap like this.

Quote:

On 2002-11-30 02:20, ph34rd wrote:
BUT after about 4 hours there was an attack in Groomy 34 so we responded and other PB were brought in from Comander Cain, specterx, coombie and some others... we capped it back... then made our way to delta pav (i had to turn back because icc entered sirius just as i was entering proc so i got to delta pav about 25mins after them... they had capped Price so far... they were working on Darcel and i had 6e with me... as i entered orbit they had dropped all their inf and there were only 10 freindly inf left with greenie enemys spawning... so i dropped my 6 e's and waited... it capped 30secs later and then coombie told me to "f" off (didnt put the whole word for the youngins present) and a few other words and i was told to leave and that my 6e werent needed to cap it... commander cain and i think specterx said something also... yule pvt msgd me and asked me nicely to leave... then coombie threatened to FF me if i didnt leave...and i said if they did i would report them and they would prolyl be banned as i was once before banned on the spot for FF'ing (i was in my own right to tho... i was fired on first ) and they said that they wouldnt be banned... now i understand PB has alot of members who are mods so im wondering if they have any special ties with the "higher" DS community... i tried to convince them it was a Kluth planet not a faction planet (as i see this game) but they kept whingin so i remaned in orbit... they also said that they dont need anyonelses help... if they didnt need anyones help then Lalande wouldnt be owned by Kluth atm... and also they wouldnt have seen the 2nd wave of icc cruisers entering sirius... so i joined the english lobby to seak freindly advice to see if i was in the wrong moraly (i knew i wasnt in the wrong with any breach of the RoC) Moderator Varzadium who is a freind told me that PB have been havin a bad day and reminded me of the soap box thread... i understood that part and confronted the ingame players but they kept whinging...

Ph34rd, there's a little something called etiquette that applies to situations such as you found yourself in. Yule told we didn't need nor want any help in DP, but you came anyway. PB as a fleet just wanted to cap some planets on our own, after having to log on and deal with this. Instead of leaving us alone you not only had to barge in, but you had to jump to the planet we were capping at literally the last second and drop troops, just so it went over to BIS, after we had spent 30 mins ferrying inf and whittling down the planet's defenses. That would be rude under any circumstances, but then you had the nerve to gloat about it and ignored us when we asked you to leave. You upset the situation enough to make Coombie loose his temper, something I have never seen anyone manage to do. Even after all that, you didn't realize that it wasn't the best time to start a fight with us, and here we are.

BTW, we never threatened to FF you, that's a false statement (aren't false statements usually called LIES?). I tried to avoid saying anything inflammatory about you before but now you've asked for it.

[ This Message was edited by: Specterx on 2002-11-30 15:25 ]

[ This Message was edited by: Specterx on 2002-11-30 19:31 ]

Email Specterx   Goto the website of Specterx
Ragglock
Marshal
BIOnics Industry Syndicate

Posted: 2002-11-30 12:13   
Ok i have seen enough.

All have to sit down and take a breather on this.

No reason to make fleet wars out side game (mv) of triviality’s inside games mock insults and other statements will get us sofar.

Our force have been until now we have for most parts been able to put personal differences aside and fight as one fleet all K'Luth fleets.

K'Luth (and most other fractions) in mv depends on that the fleets work together and if single players have something against each other they should go on FA scenario server to fight it out there not in chat not in MV or in forum for that matter, that will only create enemy’s for life to follow that path and it will hit you all in the end since some is not grown enough just to forget and will do anything to get at you.

it will not benefit anyone just go for the head of anyone saying something bad in an single situation then afterwards carry an then famous DS tactic of perusing player or moderator alike to get them in front of an firing squad because of provocations and crawls..

believe me that is not an nice place to be, i have been there so much because of my own tendencies just to tell what I really think of some players in game.

Lid it up and play as a team forget the incidents and try to make a fresh start would you plz.

LOVE the smell of human flesh in the morning smells like MVictory

Goto the website of Ragglock
Selvarian {IMC}
Cadet

Posted: 2002-11-30 12:24   
Quote:
Oh don't be such a prig. You can't consider the Darkspace boards to be unrelated to Darkspace.

The conformity is not exaggerated, and I never said NOR implied any such thing. Learn to read, dude.

Quote:
Seems to me this is a deliberate attempt to publicly disparage PB and it's members, to paint us as arrogant, concerned only with hording planets. In fact I'd say it's bordering on harassement (it wouldn't be the first time I could say that about Neostar's activities).

A few issues:

1) It is considered part of the game for rivals to fight and challenge one another in the context of the game. For those on opposing factions, they are expected to fight with ships and weapons of mass destruction. For those on the same faction, they don't (yet) have the luxury of fighting this way, but they can engage in "posturing dialogue", IE, wars of words. Yes, wars of words can easily escalate into battles with weaponry, but right now, the game doesn't support it, so everyone has to keep the escalation aspect under their hats for now.
2) You have the capability to defend yourself (and I think Yule did a great job of it; I find his account more credible, personally) against a verbal "shot across your bow". You also have the ability to say nothing at all, and let your actions speak for themselves.
3) Publicly stating opinions about a clan, or "painting" it with such is not considered harassment. As long as it stays away from attacking a player directly, it should be fair game. That's why I am suggesting you all to just cool down and take it for what it is. If it is obvious that Neostar is posturing, show the rest of the universe the Emperor's New Clothes. Don't take it out-of-game into "they are harassing us again!". As long as the argument stays away from personal attacks and other RoC "issues", play the political intrigue game. If you aren't any good at it, let someone else on your side who is play it.

Founding Member - Interstellar Mercenary Corps

Email Selvarian {IMC}   Goto the website of Selvarian {IMC}
Orion_Prime
Cadet

Posted: 2002-11-30 15:10   
Quote:

On 2002-11-30 11:09, Darkheyr ={NuKe Squad}= wrote:

I'm a former VA twice, that doesn't make PB arrogant. And as Specterx said, its ALWAYS individual people and events. That's life.

Email Orion_Prime
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
Page created in 0.027477 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR