No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
04/27/24 +6.9 Hours

Search

Anniversaries

No anniversaries today.

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Diplomacy » » Human Alliance... K`luth will not tolerate this
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
 Author Human Alliance... K`luth will not tolerate this
Deleted

Posted: 2002-12-06 20:17   
i dont wanna say it... but i am... we are being slaughtered... the ugto know themselves that they only joined the alliance to eliminate 2 birds with 1 stone.... since the icc are allied ugto are safe from their massive attacks and also joined with the icc they force the kluth back... throughout this whole event i have been in the mv... i havent played a whole game of fa in almost 2 weeks and spend all time in MV now... i have not seen more then 4 UGTO in one spot in the mv... looks as tho ugto are taking a break from the mv and just letting the icc hassle the kluth... especially with yesterdays overkill in barnards star... 18 Assault Cruisers, 1 Assault Dread, 1 Bomber Dread, 2 Combat Dreads and some supplys... that was massive overkill against 3 drainers and a hive :/

i am unsure but i think PB may be on a strike this is so ridiculous (i havent seen any PB around in MV for 24hours apart from the odd 1 or 2...) and i think were all getting fed up with this... you are seperate factions because you are spose to be at war... to some extent you are ruining the game and its gameplay plus altering the coarse of the game... UGTO ICC K`luth are all spose to be at war... its how the game was made... now this post has no direct meaning but just something for people to read and understand what were going through...

Sardaukar
Admiral
Raven Warriors

Posted: 2002-12-06 20:24   
FYI- The UGTO has been launching a number of silent strikes, small ones, in numerous areas. while it is true not enough of us have been on these past few days for a full scale assualt, we have been secretly aiding the ICC in classified ways...

lol you got that sig-pic from Barthezzz right? can't you at least get your own? oh well, it _i_s_ a very good shot, not quite as good as mine...

/K'luth must die!/K'luth must die!/Not a K'luth?/March on by!/

[ This Message was edited by: Sturmfaust |[0157]| on 2002-12-06 20:29 ]

Deleted
Admiral

Posted: 2002-12-06 20:32   
roflmao... im sorry but you know how stupid you sound... GTN... one of UGTO's best fleets isnt very MV active... we all know that... half of UGTO arent MV active... admit it that you cant pull a full scale assault if you even tried... the MV map shows it... ICC are doing the bulk work of the alliance... ICC dont need UGTO... ICC are doing this because they believe they have help from UGTO when only they just need to believe in themselves... it may come across as im trying to break this alliance up but its stupid to try so im not... but all i can say to the ICC is they should drop the alliance and slaughter UGTO and K`luth...

UGTO are just hiding behind the ICC and ill tell you it wont last long wether kluth strike or the ICC break the alliance... you wont be able to cower for much longer....

Specterx
Fleet Admiral
Pitch Black

Posted: 2002-12-06 20:33   
Come on, we aren't being slaughtered, or anything close to it. PB is not on strike (don't even know where you got that).

Just fight already.

Email Specterx   Goto the website of Specterx
Deleted
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2002-12-06 20:49   
well we have been pushed back to the systems we cant lose (Ep eri because of the izzy gate... it would be pointless if they capped it) just like GTN capped sag... that wasnt worth it :/

Tbone
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2002-12-06 21:20   
Soooo.....

What are you complaining about? This alliance (which I didn't hear about until a day or so ago) or the fact that you can't stop the ICC when they push into your systems (now why does THAT sound familiar...)

[ This Message was edited by: Tbone on 2002-12-06 21:21 ]

Email Tbone
Pakhos[+R]
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2002-12-06 22:27   
Yes, maybe ph34rd is right about Icc doesnt need Ugto's help.But he is forgetting something.ICC cant fight againts Ugto and K'luth at the same time until epsilon eri.So we dont open fire on ICC and they can move ahead to kluth's system. Isn't it an allied?

And right about GTN. I know just afew people from GTN whom are playin in MV.But it doesnt mean we are weak.It's mean that we just can't find enough people to go in kluths system.But does not matter.Yesterday night 4 ugto headed to EE and you were there againts us

Also everybody knows you always(9of 10 games) play in FA. So i dont think you can have something to say about ugto vs icc allied:P

Deleted
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2002-12-06 22:38   
you didnt read it all... im not complaining... just stating the facts and bringing a general discussion up... no flame wars... just something to read/discuss

Deleted
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2002-12-06 23:28   
Quote:

you are seperate factions because you are spose to be at war... to some extent you are ruining the game and its gameplay plus altering the coarse of the game... UGTO ICC K`luth are all spose to be at war... its how the game was made... now this post has no direct meaning but just something for people to read and understand what were going through...

You have to be kidding. If you aren't then you should stop playing DS right now and go back to tic tac toe. Unlike Tic tac toe, there are alliances in DS. Its called politics.

The UGTO/ICC alliance shows the freedom people have and the power of fleets in DarkSpace.

They are free to decide what they want their fleet to do. If that means collaborate with their faction as a whole and subsequently ally with fleets in another faction then so be it. You're practically asking people to remove gameplay and freedom from DarkSpace.

While you're at it why not remove dreadnaughts cause those ruin the game in a way. Oh yeah and remove those pesky disruptors too... don't want those kluth being too playable. Just remember to remove the beam slot on their destroyers rather than change it.

By the way newbie, last I heard there was politics system being worked on.

P.S. Your post as well as your logic hurts me right in my brain. You're the type of person that ruins good games. Your the type of guy that proposes a patch that adds the removal of certain aspects of the game then acts like your "features" are great additions to the gameplay.

Lemme tell you what that leaves you with... less game, thats all.

Lemme tell you a game that did a lot of the whole "adding the removal" bit.

Ultima Online

They added the removal of Player VS Player combat.
They added the removal of rewards
They added the removal of Trapping
They added the removal of Double-Hally hitting
They added the removal of countless features of the game for no reason besides that one or two people out of a hundred complained.

Do you know what they are left with? The Playskool Playhouse of online games.

Do you want DS to be all carebeared up more than it already is?
I remember when games were meant to be hard and programmers didn't care if the game was really hard. Did you ever play Rygar for the Nintendo? That game was hard as hell! Did I mail the makers and say "You're game is too hard because I suck at it! Fix it now!" No, no I didn't. And thats what your post is the equivalent of doing. Whining to get it changed in your favor.

Time for some CS lingo: GG noob kthx, whine more.

[ This Message was edited by: Nojj [1st RA] on 2002-12-06 23:47 ]

Rjarek
Cadet

Posted: 2002-12-07 00:09   
[quote]
On 2002-12-06 23:28, Nojj [1st RA] wrote:
Quote:

Ultima Online

They added the removal of Player VS Player combat.
They added the removal of rewards
They added the removal of Trapping
They added the removal of Double-Hally hitting
They added the removal of countless features of the game for no reason besides that one or two people out of a hundred complained.

[ This Message was edited by: Nojj [1st RA] on 2002-12-06 23:47 ]

PvP is still alive and well in UO, read up on AoS. No more stat loss, and a number of other good features.

Rewards are still there, and I just hit 65 months so now I get even more.

Trapping...pouches? Please. Any real PvP combat doesnt use pouches anyways. Double Hally hitting was weak sauce. PvP is about a battle not some Alpha Strike.

Its obvious you havent played in quite some time, you should come back sometime (c;

Email Rjarek
Midnight *FA*
Fleet Admiral
Terra Squadron

From: ICS. Idot (ICC Station) somewhere in the middle of nowhere
Posted: 2002-12-07 00:35   
well this allaince has done one thing.. Brought a little life to the MV.. where i would rather spend my time.. working for my press instead of taking it easy in FA.. I live the idea of ongoing and changing persistant universe.. sooner or later when people start playing more in the MV the allaince will fall and things will accualy start chaing more and more.. creating things for everyone to do .. FA the way i see it is whats dragging this game down. people join cause of it.. and since nobody is in it.. and FA is crouded (FA2 is only up sometimes) they leave.. the ones that play in newbie are alright though cause they are trying to see the game.. if everyone went into the MV.. it would be a whole lot different... thats my 2 cents so take that ! hehehe

SkyLander
Admiral
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2002-12-07 00:49   
I see no problem is ICC and UGTO allying. Just more people to shoot.

Ramius
Fleet Admiral
Agents

Posted: 2002-12-07 00:56   
Um.... sorry, but you should feel proud that two factions had to ally against you to beat you. All the factions have had their downturns. It just now your turn. Soon this alliance will split, because somebody will accidentally or intentionally fire on some alliance ship, they'll all get pissed off, create a big server fight, and that'll be that. Your little loss of the MV won't be forever. Fight. That's really all there is to say.

For those of us that remembered last time's alliance. GOD that was aweful. Lost some friends over that one.

Email Ramius
4cemje
Cadet

Posted: 2002-12-07 01:01   
Here is something to clarify ph34rds post on the situation. It is a fact the both ICC and UTGO fleets are working very actively together. BUT if you note when do you find that the majority of the UTGO taking apart where very recent ICC members. The UTGO pull plenty of attacks its not ICC alone thats doing it. The problem is this we have two defend on to fronts. This is expected. For example the night we where defending Barnards from the huge ICC, we experienced three seperate attacks of UTGO in Eri. All where stopped but each time we had to pull forces from Barnards to do it allowing the ICC to advance alittle in Barnards. Eventually the ICC overwhelmed us with the extreme size of their fleet. Overall it will be sheer numbers that will drive us back. Its sorta satisfying to know we can dish it out even when we driven back. As for the allience, only time will tell. The former ICC members in the UTGO will probably keep it going for longer then normal, but after this patch the older core may wake up and realize their power and strike back.

[ This Message was edited by: 4cemje on 2002-12-07 01:09 ]

[ This Message was edited by: 4cemje on 2002-12-07 01:11 ]

Deleted
Cadet

Posted: 2002-12-07 01:55   
I'd have to agree with Nojj. If you want a realistic, fun game then it's not going to be balanced out perfectly. Anyways, what's realistically stable and fair in life? When programmers try to find a "perfect balance" between teams/factions/etc the game is ruined before they even get close to reaching the unrealistic goal.

I've quit several online games including UO and EQ after a year or so of playing due to the excessive removals of "aspects" in the game. I don't pretend to know how those games are progressing or what's changed in them since I left, but I do realize what caused me to quit them.

It was too much tweaking and nerfing from players whining about something not being fair or balanced enough. Implements in the game made by control-freak programmers who didn't care at the time about the consequences the changes would make to the majority of players and the effects they would have on the general atmosphere of the game.

Ah well... that's my rant. I really hate to whine about whiners but things just get ridiculous when people try to make everything fair in a game... I'm sure at least some people can relate to that.

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
Page created in 0.023553 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR