Combat Kills

Combat kills in last 24 hours:
No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

Search

Anniversaries

No anniversaries today.

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Client Installation Issues (Hardware/Drivers) » » Error: Failed to start game!
 Author Error: Failed to start game!
Deleted

Posted: 2002-12-08 00:28   
Hi,
I have a geforce 2 mx/400 with all the latest drivers. I have reinstalled the game numberous times with differnt files. I have updated all my game files. I have messed around with the resolution and stuff. I dont know where to go from now. I wish that I could get more info that just Error: Failed to start game! PLease Please if you have any info on this, reply to ths post.
Thank you so much for any help given.
Xobyte.

Intrepid00
Cadet

Posted: 2002-12-08 00:33   
Using a firewall?
If not you can try joining lobby and push update from there. That sometimes fixes it.

Email Intrepid00
Deleted
Cadet

Posted: 2002-12-08 00:36   
Naw, no fire wall and i have pressed update. Here is something else though. WHen i am in the lobby and i try to run tutorial or setup it gives me the errors error failed to start tutorial, and error failed to start setup.

Neoshinji
Grand Admiral
Fatal Squadron

Posted: 2003-01-18 03:53   
I was playing at DS until tuesday without problems, when I tried to play on Friday appeared this message " Error: Failed to start the game". It appears on play lobby area when I try to join to servers. Tutorial, and setup options have the same problem but it if I try to do on "first joining screen" I can change setup options and play tutorial.
I reinstalled the game, updated ... but it doesnt run, any suggest would be welcome, tks.

Player ID 46679

I have a GE4-4200Ti.

Sandals
Fleet Admiral
Agents

Posted: 2003-01-18 04:14   
Ugh. This sounds nasty.

Lost common files? Corrupted registry?

Have you tried a Defrag?

unfortunately the thing that keeps coming to mind is full OS install :/

Neoshinji
Grand Admiral
Fatal Squadron

Posted: 2003-01-18 07:08   

I have tried to make a "complete uninstall" of DS cleaning all directories, all entries on registry ... but it doesnt run.

I have "restored" the registry before having this problems but it doesnt run too.

I have made the last defrag on sunday.

Apparently all is correct :'(

Maybe the problem are lost common files.

Tks TheDeadlyShoe.

Any more ideas???

Neoshinji
Grand Admiral
Fatal Squadron

Posted: 2003-01-24 20:20   
Finally after practically two weeks I find a partial solution.
Creating new partion on my hard disk and then reinstalling DS on this. Now runs ok.

"Tks for your support Palestar ... I was waiting yet for your response I didnt recieve any mail!! its shameful meanwhile I was paying my account." In protest signal the next month I will unscribe from DS Goodbye all.

ArmyHaunt
Cadet

Posted: 2003-01-24 20:34   
i have the same videocard : gforce2 mx-400 and i never have problem maybe it your processor sound card but not your graphic card. Maybe you catch a spyware, i already have a spyware blocking my internet try this program to remove it : http://www.lavasoftusa.com/downloads.html . If that not work that maybe a virus too so try a virus scan and finaly if that doeant work and it not a hardware prob format your harddrive (not a quick format that dont erase data on disk dosk just forget where is it) so make the long format if are not scared by computer If you do that virus spyware and driver(old) will not be in the prob again and if game doesnt work again you are sure that the prob are with you hardware. Thx

The Spirit of Death is returning into DS... Watch yourself... The Spirit of death spy you...

Admiral Army Haunt, Leader of the NIFC

Email ArmyHaunt   Goto the website of ArmyHaunt
|2eason
Grand Admiral
Agents

Posted: 2003-01-24 21:08   
I need to know your OS, The Version of DS installer you used, and system Specs (Proc, Video Card, Network card (If you use it for internet) etc)

Then, I might be able to help you...

Sorry no-one has responded to this thread before now...

Also, Feel Free to contact me if I am online and I will try to help you out... (In the Lobby, use `/find @14362`then /send me a message...

- |2eason -

[-[A]-]|2eason the retired

D3M0N
Cadet

Posted: 2003-07-04 21:26   
Im having this problem. My gfx card is a Gf4 ti4200 , proc AMD Atlon xp1800 running at 1.54 ghz and im using a 64k idsn line. Any help to get the game working would be nice Ty

Page created in 0.036153 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR