No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
03/30/24 +1.5 Days

Search

Anniversaries

21th - Doran

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » /report usage...
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
 Author /report usage...
Pentara
Cadet

Posted: 2003-02-18 15:11   
I don't even get a MOTD and thank god for that. I don't want to be spammed every time I log in to play DS. The 100+ messages I used to get from my fleet were bad enough.

On the other hand, I see and check the news all the time. Every day. It's automatic, because THAT is where I expect important information to be posted. (Such as "GAME PATCHED" which I've been waiting and looking for many times each day for a while now.) THAT is the proper place for information to be communicated to the players (ie NEWS).

Chromix
Cadet

Posted: 2003-03-23 12:22   
*bump* (on public demand)

Email Chromix
Captain Caveman
Cadet

Posted: 2003-03-23 12:37   
Quote:

On 2003-03-23 12:22, Chromix wrote:
*bump* (on public demand)

Public demand??? ROFL!!!!

OFP
Cadet

Posted: 2003-03-23 12:38   
Please make sure you do the connect reports correctly.

Correct Way = "I am stuck in (fill in for the jump gate name) & I am heading to (fill in for where you are going)...Correct way...

Incorrect Way = "I am stuck in gate using connect." WRONG.

One more thing Darkspace players, Do Not, Do Not Use Connect if you get disconnected from the game to get back where you were. That is an illegal use of the command Connect.

If there is something you don't understand what I have talked please post your questions here.
Thank You & have a nice day, I mean game.

Bumblebee
Cadet
Mercenaries of Andosia

Posted: 2003-03-24 02:45   
*bump* (on Bumble's demand)

Email Bumblebee
OFP
Cadet

Posted: 2003-03-24 02:52   
BUMP!!!
BUMP!!!
BUMP!!!
BUMP!!!
BUMP!!!
BUMP!!!
BUMP!!!

keep bumping this one up...Some peps need to know, the new ones...

Pentara
Cadet

Posted: 2003-03-25 19:33   
I was told that just saying "I'm stuck in this gate for 5 minutes now, using /connect" was fine since when the server logs are checked it will list something like [PlayerA used /connect from Delta Pavonis to Sirius].

There's obviously a problem otherwise since if one side is doing an attack behind enemy lines (and have not been discovered yet), it would suck if you got stuck in the gate to their homesystem and had to report "I got stuck in the Cygnus -> CD gate. Using /connect so I can continue my attack". Within 60 seconds of sending that message out, I would be surprised if I did not see all available players login to the MV to defend their home system.

OFP
Cadet

Posted: 2003-03-25 19:43   
Nope Pentara better you do it the way I have explained. We have been told to hand out warnings to people who don't do it. Then go from there. So please sir report it correctly. We have to see what is happneing right away. So if anything is reported from a player saying something. We have all the information there for us in the report log. Getting logs pulled may take allot of time this way. We get it done fast and effeceintly...

DarkestVorlon
Vice Admiral

Posted: 2003-03-26 00:28   
The correct way is to give ONLY teh gate thats sticking, otherwise you give away whatever your doing and the REAL report abuse begins. Everytime I or one of my fleet sends a report and gives where they were and ehading too we always find someone WAITING on us, as if they knew our route. Quite frankly, untill such time as the moderators are either:

A) Held by a ungodly high and strict standard regarding thier duty's, and failure to correctly perform those duty's or abuse of abilitys enharent to those duties results in immediate expulsion in all forms from DarkSpace

B: Are in no way capable of abusing their ability's as moderators in a way to unfairly influence the game's progression

I WILL NOT when making a connect report give my destination, I will ONLY give the gate that I am stuck in. The only other thing is whether I am jumping INTO or OUT OF a system, IE:

/report Im jumping into BD43 and Im stuck in the gate, using /connect

or

/report Im jumping out of BD43 and Im stuck in the gate using /connect

That atleats enables me to play the game as intended before one of the moderators abuses thier place as a moderator and wars their faction of where Im heading.
Former Member of Agents.
Former Member of NX.
Founding and former member of KIGR.

Email DarkestVorlon
Bumblebee
Cadet
Mercenaries of Andosia

Posted: 2003-03-26 02:02   
two words from me

there is only one correct way to use the /report, its the one you are told by the staff, please, follow the guide you got

Quote:
....before one of the moderators abuses thier place as a moderator and wars their faction of where Im heading.

erm, BladeDragon...

please stop from accusing someone
if you think, some MOD(s) abuse something, feel free to call me, or any other ADMIN in
you have my word, IF there is a proven abuse, the MOD(s) will be hit very hard by us

Email Bumblebee
DarkestVorlon
Vice Admiral

Posted: 2003-03-26 06:14   
Unfortunately bumble, there is no real way, short of keeping a log of every moderator logged in at every moment while in the mv, to assertain who would be doin that kind of abuse. But it happens, I have heard comment by UGTO, Kluth and ICC pilots alike that they make a report and someone is always waiting for them. Not seeking them out by camping a specific gate, as if that particular person or group of players knew exactly what gates the pilot was going to take. Quite frankly, moderators should not have any association with any specific faction, otherwise there will always be atleats one moderator who will abuse his/her position to give his/her faction and fleet a unfair advantage. And rest assured, If I catch a moderator OR admin abusing the powers granted to them I will be letting the admin staff know about it, LOUDLY.
Former Member of Agents.
Former Member of NX.
Founding and former member of KIGR.

Email DarkestVorlon
OFP
Cadet

Posted: 2003-03-26 06:28   
BUMP

BUMP

Please read over and use it corectly. Thank you...

BUMP

Oh BTW bladedragon you sir need to report anything strange. Like what you are talking about. Also even screeny shots of the players who are there. Logs don't lie and the admins have this great nack for hunting things down pretty good.

You also still need to report sir. With the Jump gate and direction your heading. Example
"I am stuck in the Ross248/Luyten gate heading to Luyten. Using connect command."

Thank you & happy gaming...

Chromix
Cadet

Posted: 2003-03-26 06:55   
Quote:
I have heard comment by UGTO, Kluth and ICC pilots alike that they make a report and someone is always waiting for them

Count how many times there's someone waiting for you if you haven't used /connect before.

Email Chromix
TheEvilGriffin
Cadet

Posted: 2003-03-26 07:28   
Quote:

On 2003-03-26 06:14, BladeDragon wrote:
Unfortunately bumble, there is no real way, short of keeping a log of every moderator logged in at every moment while in the mv, to assertain who would be doin that kind of abuse. But it happens, I have heard comment by UGTO, Kluth and ICC pilots alike that they make a report and someone is always waiting for them. Not seeking them out by camping a specific gate, as if that particular person or group of players knew exactly what gates the pilot was going to take. Quite frankly, moderators should not have any association with any specific faction, otherwise there will always be atleats one moderator who will abuse his/her position to give his/her faction and fleet a unfair advantage. And rest assured, If I catch a moderator OR admin abusing the powers granted to them I will be letting the admin staff know about it, LOUDLY.

Wow, BladeDragon you speak as if you are staff, but guess what your NOT. Just so you and anybody else interested the logs DO show moderator activities in the form if Moderator tools are used for a advantage in game play. So dont make uneducated claims unless you know for sure what your claiming is true.

Here is a example for all to be aware of,
A ICC fleet was attempting to sneak into Sol for a attack, one player did in fact use report for connect use on their way and yes UGTO was in the system and stopped thier attack. Was thr posibility of abuse reported to Admins? Yes Was it looked into? Yes What was found? Well as it turns out one of the UGTO players that wasnt even a Mod had been tracking the ICC fleet for 4 systems and no only that, but once the ICC fleet was in Sol the news anouncment that so and so from the ICC fleet has just been awarded the so and so Supply badge kinda put a spotlight on thier activities. Another thing, Its not hard to figure out fleet movments, all you have to do is click on a star and read the client count.

On another hand IF a Mod is suspected of abuseing thier knowledge for in game advantage and it is proven that moderator will be stripped of Moderator status immidiatly.

Have a Nice Day

Email TheEvilGriffin
conswirloo [V]
Cadet

Posted: 2003-03-26 09:43   
Quote:

Another thing, Its not hard to figure out fleet movments, all you have to do is click on a star and read the client count

My favorite method is to use the metaverse map on the main page, counting clients in systems, as well as(if there is a client count) checking the inf count on planets. If the inf is anything but 16 or 0 for a deathstar, theres probably an invasion

Email conswirloo [V]
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
Page created in 0.026154 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR