No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
04/27/24 +1.4 Hours

Search

Anniversaries

No anniversaries today.

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Diplomacy » » The UGTO and the ICC need to put aside their Differences
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
 Author The UGTO and the ICC need to put aside their Differences
DJ GothThug
Cadet

Posted: 2003-02-13 23:54   
i am a Semi-New ICC Pilot and i was wondering if one of the UGTO Clans like the BSS would Join with the Agents in the fight against the Kluth, i mean if all of the UGTO and ICC are together then we can put an end to this and a new brotherhood can be born. its just a simple idea i've had .

I've noticed that on the Scenarios the UGTO and the ICC work well together in the fight against the Kluth. so as a Proposal i'll make a room im not gonna say the name on here i'll just IM it to all the UGTO and ICC Fleet Admins.

if we all work together we could clean up this mess the Kluth have made and we can put aside our differences.

JackSwift
Cadet
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2003-02-14 00:15   
There's a lot reasons why this usually doesn't last very long, although there have been many attempts at a temporary UGTO/ICC alliance. Here's some:

1. There is no way to make an actual 'alliance' with another faction/fleet in MV. (a.k.a. ICC/UGTO both show up as green diamonds) This causes, well separation. Since either fleet can't hang around and defend each others planets, it doesn't work as well as in FA.

2. Communication. It's easy in FA when UGTO/ICC are on your side and can just chat like one faction, but in MV you can't do that... for reasons stated above. The next best thing is creating a private room and have everyone available enter and use /say for communication, but it's just not as good (however trivial) as just pressing enter.

A lot of other reasons seem like little subdivisions of numbers 1 and 2.

1a. Defeating an enemy, then pressing shift-e and realizing it's an ICC cruiser after you press the spacebar, then manually have to find a close lobster.

1b. POINT DEFENSE!!! Not much help if your psi missle BD's missles get shot down by pulse beams in 4 seconds, and vice versa. I guess mines would also fall into this category.

2a.Such as not coordinating fleet movements (it's icky, UGTO attack K'luth fleet, get killed, ICC jump in, get killed, every bug happy except the K'luth who logged to save his modded hive ).

There are many others, and although #2 shouldn't really be a problem, #1 is, and until that is fixed temporary alliances just won't work for very long (or at all).

This doesn't mean that alliances shouldn't happen, it's just very inconveinent to follow through with.

\"Errare Human Est.\"

Email JackSwift
Naufragus the Hashishin
Midshipman

Posted: 2003-02-14 00:41   
why is it the ICC always wants peace. DEvery week it is some new scheme not to have to fight us. The UGTO are very capable of fighting a two front war..

If you want peace then renouce ICC and join UGTO. We are the future of humanity. We will carry civilazation thru-out the cosmos.

The ICC is noting but a bunch of back woods hillbillys playing at soldier and statesmanship.

The UGTO did not choose this war nor desire it. Some rabble on the frontier agitated the local yocals and the attacked US.

The old saying goes "YOu started it, we'll finsih it"

The only means for peace is for the ICC to lay down arms and surrender and rejoin allied sytems and submit to the rule of intersteller law.

.spaivxx.
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2003-02-14 01:08   
you guys are all so funny, what this game needs is the ability to ally or fight anyone. you know, the klingons fight amongst themselves unless outside threat present. some option where you actually must declare it so other guy doesnt see a green diamond shooting him. also, i think a logger, as mentioned above, who quits just to save a ship, should lose the ship and pay a huge pres penalty.
intrafleet wars would be cool, struggling for dominance of the faction.

Spiritlift
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2003-02-14 01:20   
Your Weakness will get you nowhere Goth .. ICC Are Dirty Rebels Even Lower Than the Low Low UGTO .. Save Time, Pain & Suffering & Surrender To the K'Luth Now!
========================================================
Weak Humans ...........
When will you learn ? Your Destiny is to be Humble Slaves Of the Great K'Luth Empire.

[psssst....did you see kluth crying in the corner when we went on tour in the gamma quadrant to return to having sirius under high threat? No ! we just thought ahhh Fresh Meat .. & here we are on ICC's Doorstep ]

Goto the website of Spiritlift
Sandals
Fleet Admiral
Agents

Posted: 2003-02-14 02:31   
As a note the only thing that saved Sirius was a MV crash at a very inopportune time.

DJ GothThug
Cadet

Posted: 2003-02-14 02:40   
no the only reason the treaty didnt work in the first place is because YOU DIDNT EVEN TRY! you give up to easily. i dont give up so easily and look at me. Admiral in less than 2 months most of yall probably havent made admiral in less than 5 months!

Give the treaty one more try! and we can communicate we need to make a room or Teamspeak! HELLO! we now have Teamspeak everyone downloads that and is happy!

its a simple thing that can happen geeze man dont give up the kluth is our enemy and i dont know about the rest of yall but i want peace! put aside your differences!

Captain Caveman
Cadet

Posted: 2003-02-14 02:55   
Quote:

On 2003-02-14 02:40, Agent GothThug {C?} wrote:

i dont give up so easily and look at me. Admiral in less than 2 months most of yall probably havent made admiral in less than 5 months!

Less than 2 months? Interesting. I could have sworn October 20th was closer to 4 months away.

I see the abuse you have taken in the other forum posts hasn't changed your arrogant attitude one bit. *sigh* Rank is not everything Goth.

[ This Message was edited by: Captain Caveman on 2003-02-14 02:56 ]

NightDragon
Cadet

Posted: 2003-02-14 03:05   
we have tried before and we had one almost last a week but then people on both sides of teh treaty broke it, and there reason was "It is not in the game"

im sorry i can very find that a vaild excuse

And im not sure about everyone else but if everyone had a dimond on there stomch that was green or red think the world would be a safer place.

DJ GothThug
Cadet

Posted: 2003-02-14 03:20   
i got subbed in late december nice try into tricking me tho. whats wrong with trying it again? i mean come on try it again and this time be more prepared and other stuff oh and im not arrogant just Confident. you wanna see arrogant look at Enforc3r

Bumblebee
Cadet
Mercenaries of Andosia

Posted: 2003-02-14 03:49   
Quote:
Admiral in less than 2 months most of yall probably havent made admiral in less than 5 months!

i am unshure about this one, but be aware, it depends not on the day/month.. what ever, but on the play-time

ya know what i mean??

- A.. plays 2 hours a day - everyday - "makes" 14 hours a week
- B.. plays 3 hours a day - every 2 days - "makes" 10,5 hours a week
- C.. plays 5 hours a day - at weekend - "makes" 10 hours a week

now, put a "raw-play-time" of 30 hours in (as a example) to reach AD, then

- A is AD after 2 weeks and one day
- B is AD after 2 weeks and three day's
- A is AD after 3 weeks

is A the "better" player - i dont think so

a little side-note: reproduce my "history", i am FA for the forth time

Email Bumblebee
Blind Lizard *LTjg*
Cadet

Posted: 2003-02-14 04:52   
Personally I'd much rather kill the ICC. The ICC are bad about attacking you after you've helped them out for hours, because you happen to be the weaker target than the K'luth. The ICC let two or three people they are 'allied' with in a system do the majority of the work capping a planet, then when there's no K'luth elites on the planet jump on over and steal it.

I will never ever support an alliance of any sort with the ICC, and if there is an alliance I will never follow it.

[ This Message was edited by: Blind Lizard *E* on 2003-02-14 04:52 ]

Seraph
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2003-02-14 04:58   
Last time we had a Alliance it was the Agents that stabbed us in the back and capped Venus and Earth. Lead by Agent Fritz. So any kind a alliance is a big joke, allie system or not. Imagine if the Ugto planets didn't fire on the ICC. They would surly try to cap all of SOL.

Spiritlift
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2003-02-14 05:12   
For the Love of Gawd Goth , DS Has 3 Factions for a reason !
*1 ICC =Rebellous Scum Who have No Loyalty to anyone or anything , ~Hence cant be trusted....
*2 UGTO =Civilised Governed Society of Humanity With Law & order ~Hence They Hate ICC
*3 K'Luth =Superior Advanced Race Intent On Making all Humans Slaves or Feed ~ Hence You Have 2 Choices .....Die With Honour Or be Enslaved with Shame
Notice all Factions have there own systems ??? Get over it ...Sheeesh The Sooner You Wretched ICC Conform to the UGTO Proticol & Legally Rejoin Forces as one Race/Faction The Sooner We can Assimilate you ALL to our Slave Colony Or Feed you too our pig Farms on Sag Hotha.....

=========================================================
Your Weakness will get you nowhere Goth .. ICC Are Dirty Rebels Even Lower Than the Low Low UGTO .. Save Time, Pain & Suffering & Surrender To the K'Luth Now!

=========================================================

p.s juz wondering if you consulted your Latest Fleet/faction on your idealism of traitorship & cowardice

~Lift~
http://www.justsaywow.com/smile.htm

[ This Message was edited by: Spiritlift~VA~ on 2003-02-14 05:13 ]

Goto the website of Spiritlift
Jar Jar Binks
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2003-02-14 05:22   
well.. i dunno about your ships.. but on my ships in MV, ICC have this tiny little red square telling me its a ENEMY!! thus i shoot at it.. i will never ever accept ANY peace treaty with a enemy faction, And i think i speak for most of UGTO when i say that... a enemy is a enemy period! this game does not and WILL not support cross faction alliances... not other then in scenario servers.. (and those servers wont stay forever either as MV is the whole idea about DS)

so frankly.. asking another faction to allie with u is a sign of weakness.. and yes i know that ICC is the weakest faction but none of us made u pick that faction in the first place...

now im sorry if i offended anyone with this post but its my honest view about this matter...

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
Page created in 0.027715 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR