No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +5.9 Days

Search

Anniversaries

14th - wolf420

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Client Installation Issues (Hardware/Drivers) » » mouse stopping in game
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
 Author mouse stopping in game
Topbum (England)
Marshal
ExtraTerrestrial Space Bums

Posted: 2003-02-16 10:15   
i`ve just upgraded to winxp pro,have Ati 8500le graphics card. when i`m in game the mouse actually stops gameplay for 5-10 secs about every 30 secs,got latest drivers for card and mouse, dont know what else to try?
so need your help, anyone got ideas

thx Tops

Email Topbum (England)
Deleted
Marshal

Posted: 2003-02-16 10:28   
press alt+p for your FPS.

check if it isnt too low.

shut down AA and FSAA

buy Nvidia

Neon Samurai
Cadet

Posted: 2003-02-16 10:38   
What mouse exactly? what board? and 1) do you encounter the problem in other games? 2) When it happens does the sound & or video also stop with the mouse?

Topbum (England)
Marshal

Posted: 2003-02-16 11:57   
the game runs fast enough,framerate is good,only had this prob since upgrading to winxp
the mouse is microsoft intellimouse and motherboard is abitkg7,amd1700 and 512 ddr ram,have updated all drivers? have no prob with anything else,it works fine,although have not tried other games,only really play this.
I have`nt finished doing all the XP updates yet so they might help??
before i had winme and no probs

thx for response...Tops

Email Topbum (England)
Pope
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2003-02-16 12:05   
disable the intellimouse software and install stock ps/w mouse drivers

oh and get rid of win xp

Deathscythe
Admiral

Posted: 2003-02-16 12:09   
my cursor disapears when i go check the log or engeniering but it turns back when i exit enginering/log

http://deathmut.myminicity.com/

Email Deathscythe
Neon Samurai
Cadet

Posted: 2003-02-16 13:52   
Ok Tops

Im pretty sure your problem is a problem several abit boards have had in the past with the ms intelimouse (and other mouses). There is a way to fix it in the bios but i dont remember it off hand (ill have to go look it up)

First off though incase that isnt the problem i would suggest finishing the xp updates. (i doubt its XP and XP Pro is one of the better Windows operating systems available in my opinion)

It might also be a conflict between the new video card and mouse. I would try totaly removing the mouse drivers, reinstalling the video drivers, then reinstall the mouse drivers to see if that goes away.

You could also do as the mist suggested, remove the inteli mouse drivers and use the default os mouse drivers. Though i doubt it will fix it (didnt with my abit board).

Deathscythe the problem you are having is as far as i know an old bug. if the mouse doesnt come up, switch modes (normal, nav, etc) and switch back and it should go away.

Keyser Soze
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2003-02-16 14:01   
My mouse disappears when i go to F3 or F4, but comes back if I rapidly get out and come back in.

It doesn't happen in any other games or programs, and no sound or video problems exist.

I have MS Intellimouse and software installed, have XP Pro, and all the updates that entails.

I thought it was just this game, a bug, and I deal with it accordingly.

Spiritlift
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2003-02-16 14:06   
hmmm sounds like a Lag problem i used to have ...
Simple but effective to Solve if it is ...
Everytime you leave a jumpgate /mainly in a system under fire .. You press enter then type /bps 9600
Fixxed .. Good luck
If this doesnt happen to help which i think it will try cleaning out your temp & cache files..

Goto the website of Spiritlift
Topbum (England)
Marshal

Posted: 2003-02-16 15:28   
i`ve re-installed my vid drivers and mouse drivers but no change.also tried ps2 mouse still the same. tried to get on abit`s website but am taken to motherboards.com ? cant seem to find out any probs to do with winxp?
so if you know how to find out winxp probs with abit motherboards plz point me in right direction.

once again thx for input

Tops

Email Topbum (England)
Naufragus the Hashishin
Midshipman

Posted: 2003-02-16 16:54   
This has been around for a while...it happened to me with a normal mouse and styill happens with an intelli-mouse. Do a search and there are several postings about it

Seraph
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2003-02-16 17:03   
I had a prob with WinXP and AMD Athlon processors. But when I DL WinXP Service Pack I was fine. Then I got an Intel and never had another prob again. Basically from what I hear is that Win Xp has probs when installed on older systems. Try looking at Microsoft Homepage and searching that as well.

Neon Samurai
Cadet

Posted: 2003-02-16 21:14   
Ok im still looking for a fix for ya Tops. Unfortunatly i havent found it yet. in the meen time are you running the latest Via 4 in 1 drivers? ( http://www.via.com.tw/ ). I checked your board and it uses the via chipset which meens ya need those drivers. With a little luck it will solve your problem, but ill keep looking anyways.

Neon Samurai
Cadet

Posted: 2003-02-16 21:57   
Ok ive dug around the net looking for a solution, only thing that i could find that came remotely close is this. http://www.hardwareanalysis.com/content/topic/1291/

I am however quite certain your problem doesnt reside with this game but with your hardware/drivers. So unfortunatly i cant be much further help, i would suggest taking this problem to the abit forum.

Topbum (England)
Marshal

Posted: 2003-02-17 16:33   
i`ve gone back to winme for now,would still like to runXP in the future if you can find out what to do would be great.got another prob now,when going into game it fails to initialize and tells me to run client setup again andwhen i do my card is not listed ?? new one on me,have reverted back to winme drivers,not sure what to do now??

rgds Tops

Email Topbum (England)
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
Page created in 0.021674 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR