Combat Kills

Combat kills in last 24 hours:
No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

Search

Anniversaries

14th - wolf420

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Diplomacy » » The SA's part in the UGTO
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
 Author The SA's part in the UGTO
Pavachek
Cadet

Posted: 2003-03-08 04:14   
I know that SA is not the biggest or most powerful fleet but for any one of you that has gone out on a mission with us you know that our conduct is exemplary and we always go the distance toward our goals unless we are utterly defeated. That is why I have pride in the fleet I founded and will stand up for its honor no matter what. So on that note I will make my first truly angry post in the 6 months I have been with DarkSpace.

For weeks now, I have been logging on to find all manner of complaints in my clan chat log. So and so is picking up SA troops again while we cap. So and so locked this planet so we cant build our own planet. So and so fleet was present in force and left SA to die though we couldve been saved if one or 2 had jumped to aid us. So and so from fleet so and so has been ordering us around again though he isnt active in the battle. Such and such FLEET logged without a word and we lost because they abandoned us once again.

So, I must first ask the question: Is SA deficient in some way that we are being cheated and abandoned at every turn by our own faction? . Our enemies say that we are in every battle and that we always behave honorably. This is what our ENEMIES say. So why does the UGTO treat us like furniture? We have been debating this issue in the nightly SA room and we have no answers. I have tried to be objective on this issue although it directly affects me. I have asked around regarding us. I have gotten nothing but positive answers from the ICC and Kluth players that I ask but the UGTO seems to think that we ARE a part of the ICC or Kluth.

I would think that a bit of mutual respect on the part of the various UGTO fleets would be the norm. But there is no such thing. I am the leader of SA and I say enough is enough. If you think we will just stay because faction hopping is a bit overdone then you are wrong. If you think we will continue to work toward the goals of the UGTO out of a sense of loyalty then you are also sadly mistaken because this faction is showing NO LOYALTY TO US.

We are from now on loyal only to the SA tag. The UGTO's honor and cause is incidental in our eyes from this point forth. The switch wil not be today, at least not without further debate within the fleet, but if there is not a marked attempt to recover the fading honor of the UGTO, it will come nonetheless.

Email Pavachek
Barthezzz
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2003-03-08 04:20   

[ This Message was edited by: Barthezzz on 2003-03-10 13:18 ]

Goto the website of Barthezzz
Captain Caveman
Cadet

Posted: 2003-03-08 04:29   
Pavachek, for what its worth, I used to value having any member of SA by my side.

Darksworde
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2003-03-08 04:30   
ow. Thats a harsh post Pavachek. Maybe u could come join the Dark Side with us ex-UGTO folks Of note however m8, i always valued playing alongside you guys when we were UGTO, as we could always count on you sticking your oar in, even if it cost you your life. Just know, that BSS always returns a favour, so if ever we play on the same side again, you know what to expect from us

BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

[ This Message was edited by: Darksworde*A* on 2003-03-08 04:33 ]

Email Darksworde   Goto the website of Darksworde
Teager
Cadet

Posted: 2003-03-08 08:18   
It is a harsh post indeed, but it is justified.
I was not around in MV much in the last weeks, but I know that there are players who look only on their own advantage, forgetting that DS is a TEAM-game, that they have TEAM-mates who want to have fun, too.
Often the ones who cheat others (i.e. by "stealing a planet" (loading troops and unloading them again for getting the planet under their flag) are the first who complain when they feel treatened unfair.

You want to be respected by others? Then respect them, too! Even if you feel superior because you have a higher rank (note: remember that your rank only says that you play much, nothing about the quality of you playing).

You want to be treatened fair? Then treat others the same way like you want to be treatened!

Guys, we are in the same FACTION and we need to play togehter!!! Remember what does the "U" of UGTO stands for!
I don't want to lose another active fleet to the enemies. Although SA is not one of the biggest fleets, it is one of the most active ones on UGTO side!

Nothing more to say atm.

greetinx
Teager

edit: reduction of mistakes....I only see them when I hit the "reply"-button

[ This Message was edited by: Teager on 2003-03-08 08:22 ]

MadWookie
Cadet

Posted: 2003-03-08 08:27   
I would follow teagers post to a letter and ill say this SA is honorable they fight very well for a small fleet and we cant sit here and lose another fleet to a different faction so ill say this UGTO FLEETS wake the F up and start playing as a Team it doesnt matter any more about whose planet it is all that it matters is that its UGTO period and to thoose that seek to command form a council in mv so that we all can get cordinated better and just like in the rangers it is so from me from now on no one is going to be left to die because of all the enemise around ....... alot of people seen me play and know i can be crazy so from this point forth /me i salute SA and all its members i pledge that if you need help ill be there

Admiral Madwookie out

Deleted
Cadet

Posted: 2003-03-08 09:11   
I know whos doing the picking up the inf and putting it back on SSC I am sick of that too but......

Pavachek

YOU OVER REACT!!!

If you leave UGTO or Darkspace for those reasons I for one WONT MISS u

I like SA, you got a nice group of people, Dont ruin a good thing u got on UGTO don't be like BSS and run away by switching factions.

UGTO is low enough on people as is *compared to Kluth and ICC*

Stay have a beer

Call TD anytime we love to help out.
Just remember this is a game Not EVERYONE is honerable they just like everyone else JUST WANNA PLAY THE GAME!!!

Sorry the hunger for sleep may prevent me from thinking straight

Demorian
Fleet Admiral
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2003-03-08 11:07   
Quote:

So, I must first ask the question: Is SA deficient in some way that we are being cheated and abandoned at every turn by our own faction? . Our enemies say that we are in every battle and that we always behave honorably. This is what our ENEMIES say. So why does the UGTO treat us like furniture? We have been debating this issue in the nightly SA room and we have no answers. I have tried to be objective on this issue although it directly affects me. I have asked around regarding us. I have gotten nothing but positive answers from the ICC and Kluth players that I ask but the UGTO seems to think that we ARE a part of the ICC or Kluth.

I would think that a bit of mutual respect on the part of the various UGTO fleets would be the norm. But there is no such thing. I am the leader of SA and I say enough is enough. If you think we will just stay because faction hopping is a bit overdone then you are wrong. If you think we will continue to work toward the goals of the UGTO out of a sense of loyalty then you are also sadly mistaken because this faction is showing NO LOYALTY TO US.

We are from now on loyal only to the SA tag. The UGTO's honor and cause is incidental in our eyes from this point forth. The switch wil not be today, at least not without further debate within the fleet, but if there is not a marked attempt to recover the fading honor of the UGTO, it will come nonetheless.

This is the first I have heard of this problem. Granted, I don't play in MV as much as some truly active people but I have been in Sol when it's under attack, leading a recapture raid with several SA involved that behaved and functioned incredibly well, despite their being ordered around by me, not even a member of their fleet. This shoes true loyalty to the UGTO faction, which is what we need to stay strong since the loss of the Squadron to the K'luth. It's a shame that you're dedicate not to show that loyalty anymore before even going over things with your allies.

You speak of how many of us "seem" to disregard you without actually knowing what's going on. So here's the actuality, not the interpretation...

I have witnessed SA's bravery on other occassions as well, and speaking for myself, I value you as one of GTN's more credible, dependable allies and truest friends. I brown-nose you not. I do not regard you as part of ICC or K'luth, and I respect you immensely for the quality of your members, which (believe you me) is a hard bar to keep, and for the efficiency with which you defend and assist the UGTO.

Please, no longer assume that no-one cares just because it looks that way on certain occassions. I promise you, pakhos, and the rest of SA... I will do my part as founder of GTN to settle this debate, working with both you and GTN.

We value your friendship and loyalty. Please give us a chance to redeem ourselves from your opinions before you do something drastic.

-Dem

"We are the GTN. You will be resupplied. Resistance is optional."

[ This Message was edited by: Demorian on 2003-03-08 11:10 ]

pika
Cadet

Posted: 2003-03-08 11:17   
Yet another example of a few people ruining things for a whole bunch. I think this sort of thing happens on every faction, and the key is probably to find who does it and deal with them one way or another (report them, refuse to work with them, etc).... show them that it's not the way to play.

If that doesn't work, it would be a pleasure to fly with you on the ICC =)

Email pika
JackSwift
Cadet
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2003-03-08 11:25   
Quote:

On 2003-03-08 09:11, AdmiralChaos [FL] [ASL] wrote:
I like SA, you got a nice group of people, Dont ruin a good thing u got on UGTO don't be like BSS and run away by switching factions...

Sorry the hunger for sleep may prevent me from thinking straight

Run away? From what, the mundane gameplay and very little teamwork? Most of our founding members have been playing as UGTO for something like over 1.5 years or something... and it gets BORING!!! I have experienced many things not unlike what Pavachek has said. Plus the fact is only 1 person made the change and 1/7 of BSS left after that because they didn't like the fact on being with the uber faction. We WILL not stay Kluth! This switch makes me happy but yet sickens me, because not recapping Lalande over and over again makes the game [u]FUN[/u] again, while destroying some of my allies doesnt give me great pleasure. Everyone is entitled to their opinions, so AdmiralChaos you can think whatever you want, by I believe that everyone should experience every faction to know what color the grass is on the other side.

OK Back to the main topic that I was going to reply to until I saw that derogatory comment.

SA I always enjoyed flying with you as a UGTO member, you would stick to your plan and never leave a hurting comrade, or do that pick up inf crap. Never forget the other DS players that do help. Also, if you leave the UGTO, who's CD bombing runs will I have to interrupt? >:)

Bottom line, do what you and your clan feel is the fun thing to do, because if you are paying 10 dollars a month to get left out in the open and get "treated like furniture" (nice simile there) I highly would recommend changing factions at least until you enjoy the game again.

\"Errare Human Est.\"

Email JackSwift
Sardaukar
Admiral
Raven Warriors

Posted: 2003-03-08 11:50   
In my eyes, the UGTO is corrupt, for the most part. Their biggest, ruling fleet will not accept outside help, even if it means validifying the doom of their own people. The 'Honor is All' stance seems more of an old advertisement; it doesnt carry any weight any more. Where is the honor in deception, betrayal, and the damnnation of stubborness? There is too much pride in the UGTO. It seems like, after most of the good players left, all that was left was mostly those who seek personal glory. I felt honored to have SA fighting alongside a GDI raid back then, and I'd feel honored to have your fleet in a faction that appreciates individual small factions (heck we're loaded with em, but hardly any are active). Pavachek, join us, and take revenge on those who manipulated you, and betrayed you.

POWER TO THE CONFEDERATION!

S.W homepage
My Hero!!!

[ This Message was edited by: Vicious Penguin [0157] {C?} O|-|][0 on 2003-03-08 11:52 ]

[ This Message was edited by: Vicious Penguin [0157] {C?} O|-|][0 on 2003-03-08 11:58 ]

Demorian
Fleet Admiral
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2003-03-08 13:34   
Quote:

On 2003-03-08 11:50, Vicious Penguin [0157] {C?} O|-|][0 wrote:
In my eyes, the UGTO is corrupt, for the most part. Their biggest, ruling fleet will not accept outside help, even if it means validifying the doom of their own people. The 'Honor is All' stance seems more of an old advertisement; it doesnt carry any weight any more. Where is the honor in deception, betrayal, and the damnnation of stubborness? There is too much pride in the UGTO. It seems like, after most of the good players left, all that was left was mostly those who seek personal glory. I felt honored to have SA fighting alongside a GDI raid back then, and I'd feel honored to have your fleet in a faction that appreciates individual small factions (heck we're loaded with em, but hardly any are active). Pavachek, join us, and take revenge on those who manipulated you, and betrayed you.

Vicious Penguin, I'm sorry, but... who are you? You're S.W... I never saw you once in the MV as UGTO nor do I think many other UGTO did. You are ICC, yet you are talking as if you know everything about what's going on with UGTO.

I am not going to even address what you said because it is so grossly unfounded and unsupported, and I will go so far as to say that the rest of the UGTO faction you call "corrupt" will agree.

All I ask is that you kindly point out where the Navy is deceptive, treasonous, or stubborn. Also, please point out any incident where we have rejected outside help. As a person who looks out for his fleet, I really am curious to know where your basis for this hatred is.

-Dem

"We are the GTN. You will be resupplied. Resistance is optional."

[ This Message was edited by: Demorian on 2003-03-08 13:37 ]

Evil_Moose
Cadet

Posted: 2003-03-08 13:46   
You know you want to join ICC. YOu just know it. It's so much fun in CD....we have great big battles....and its fun.... and stuff...

Email Evil_Moose
Sardaukar
Admiral
Raven Warriors

Posted: 2003-03-08 13:52   
I will clarify my statement. when i refered to the GTN as corrupt, i am mostly refering to those members who follow Naufragus more closely than they follow you. Iv changed names a lot, and i flew UGTO for awhile, back when GDI was a superpower...those were the days

NOTE- that statement was also as offensive as it was, as it may have won us a new fleet . tho i stand by some statements, to a degree.

S.W homepage
My Hero!!!

[ This Message was edited by: Vicious Penguin [0157] {C?} O|-|][0 on 2003-03-08 13:54 ]

Lith Ragond
Cadet
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2003-03-08 14:25   
/me chuckles

lol, man, i love when people generalize and stereotype, it makes you look very biased. I am not talking about the SA, because they didnt name names so as to not start a flame war.

A few words to all of SA. Don't take everything so personally. Sure, you might feel like you're getting screwed over, but are those people activly wanting to screw you over? I very much doubt it. Also, if you don't like someone taking the lead in the MV, try it yourself. If you see that there could be some improvement on the teamwork while capping or defending a system, step up. But don't always expect them to react peachyking, some might react the way you seemingly have. People log in the MV, and it's not always in direct corelation to screwing the people that they are leaving in that system. I say it again, don't take everything so personally.

Quote:
Is SA deficient in some way that we are being cheated and abandoned at every turn by our own faction?

No, not by me, and I sure as hell hope not by anyone in GTN.

Quote:
So why does the UGTO treat us like furniture?

Well, I hope I haven't made you feel this, as it has never been my intention.

Quote:
the UGTO seems to think that we ARE a part of the ICC or Kluth.

Well, as one of the UGTO, I think of SA as a fellow fleet which I am grateful for whenever they have a presence in the MV.

As to your decision concerning the UGTO and your involvment with them. [sarcasm] I am glad you tried expressing all your concerns towards the different UGTO fleets, and resolve them. [sarcasm]

Hey, if you decide to continue to help fight along the side of the UGTO I will be glad, and happily help SA when I can. But I am very set off by the last paragraph on what SA has decided to do. I will take the higher road, and lend support to SA, especially if you dont ask for it.

Remember, DS is just a game, and games are supposed to be fun.

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
Page created in 0.024300 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR