No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
04/27/24 +5.8 Hours

Search

Anniversaries

No anniversaries today.

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Diplomacy » » The SA's part in the UGTO
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
 Author The SA's part in the UGTO
Deleted

Posted: 2003-03-08 14:35   
First of All, i would like to state that the SSC is dealing with the member involved in the planet capping incidents.

Second, i would like to state that you can always call on the Shattered Star pavachek, if someone's on, and you call for help, we will come. that is my pledge. Risen would say the same.

Demorian
Fleet Admiral
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2003-03-08 15:06   
EtherStar, he's done it to more than just SA too

-Dem

Deleted
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2003-03-08 15:44   
Really? i wasnt aware of much more than a dirty attitude from him and the planet capping incidents. which is more than enought to have him removed. but if he has been doing other things, please, details would be much appreciated.

forums.shatteredstar.com under the darkspace division forum if you care to put forth problems with the SSC or any of its members.

Pakhos[+R]
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2003-03-08 16:10   
Too sad .Some people still cant understand..

Deleted
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2003-03-08 17:02   
For what it is worth to the rest of the UGTO, i am making an attempt to unify us as a faction. The newly created SA Command website has a series of faction based forums in it. These have been made in the hopes of giving a single place where all UGTO fleets can meet, share ideas, and work on working with eachother and not agaisnt eachother. My hope in this project is to enable the sharing of information accross UGTO fleets to be smoother, and to help encourage teamwork for joint fleet actions. If you are interested in these things, and like the idea of a UGTO Faction Forum by all means register with the site to get your forum password, or talk to me and any memeber of the SA command. Leaving UGTO is not high on my priority list, so lets try to work together.

the site is
http://sacommand.aowc.net

thanks

Neuf

Firekka
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2003-03-08 17:40   
Well.. all i can say is i had a great deal of fun flying with you guys, i recently rejoined UGTO and already know you guys are there all the time

P.S. @Dem vicious penguin AKA Spatch.. you should know him

Deleted
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2003-03-08 21:40   
Quote:

On 2003-03-08 09:11, AdmiralChaos [FL] [ASL] wrote:
I know whos doing the picking up the inf and putting it back on SSC I am sick of that too but......

Pavachek

YOU OVER REACT!!!

If you leave UGTO or Darkspace for those reasons I for one WONT MISS u

I like SA, you got a nice group of people, Dont ruin a good thing u got on UGTO don't be like BSS and run away by switching factions.

UGTO is low enough on people as is *compared to Kluth and ICC*

Stay have a beer

Call TD anytime we love to help out.
Just remember this is a game Not EVERYONE is honerable they just like everyone else JUST WANNA PLAY THE GAME!!!

Sorry the hunger for sleep may prevent me from thinking straight

This is not overreacting. If the position was reversed, I'm certain you would voice your discontent.

The entire UGTO faction needs to be a team. We should share our victories and our losses alike. We should not be stabbing each other in the back, stealing planets, and ordering members of other fleets around. I'm proud to fly with the SA. The $10 a month I spend on this game is well worth it because the SA fleet are team players. There's a reason the UGTO faction suffers. Refusing to address those reasons and remedy the problems will only cause the faction to suffer more.

Pavachek
Cadet

Posted: 2003-03-10 00:47   
In light of recent requests from [-GTN-] Demorian I would like to reopen this post. First of all let me state that our move to the ICC was only a possibility and has been in heavy debate within the fleet with opinions ranging from strongly for to heavily against. We are a democratic fleet: all decisions are made by concensus or not at all on all matters. But as to the issue of opinions from outside SA, I was not considering making it a public issue until the last 24 hours of our set deadline which is the end of this week.

You see, our dissatisfaction with the UGTO is not a recent development. There are some of us who have felt this way for a month or more and some who have only recently begun to feel this way. And as to the matter of it being a few isolated incidents that are influincing us; would that it were only a few. I was prepared to observe the factions behavior with complete objectivity for the next week but in the very first battle that I participated in after my original post, the UGTOs behavior on a whole was reprehensible: Logging without a word, failure to act in concert even when that would have netted us a victory at the expense of personal feelings, and I was personally berated by a player for abandoning him even though he was the one that I was attempting to defer to/ aid the most and gave him full notification of ship movements and positions. So, since the battle in Wolf proved many of my major points, where does that leave me? It leaves me with my faith in the UGTO shaken more than ever before is where.

So I will say that on the issue of a public vote; there will not be one. This is a purely internal SA matter now. There are few left in the UGTO that I am willing to listen to or whos opinion I value.

Email Pavachek
Demorian
Fleet Admiral
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2003-03-10 01:12   
Your lack of patience is absolutely and utterly apalling.

I am sorry, but this just isn't holding any water for me anymore. I was invited to respond to this post (no matter what my frame of mind was) by Pavachek himself after I clearly made my unstable frame of mind very clear, and I think that is an invitation he may regret because I will take that invitation whole-heartedly.

Sodality of Ares, I have given you a chance to explain things rationally one-on-one with me and all I have seen is a total absence of any real will to give your faction a chance.

You point out all these dishonorable actions on the UGTO's part as if they should never have to happen to you, when in fact UGTO's more venerable fleets have been putting up with them in multiple forms for months on end, and in some of our cases, years on end. I'm talking about all fleets, all factions. Whereever you go, you will encounter these problems because not all players hold themselves to the ideals of the more decent-minded players like yourselves.

I am not exaggerating, nor am I joking.

Let's be honest... SA is a young fleet; I remember when pakhos was talking to me about how to create it. SA is a good fleet, with good players, but that alone will not earn you the respect you are trying to threaten out of us. Respect is something you earn with time, and it takes a great deal of patience and integrity to make it through some of the hardships you can and will suffer.

I sincerely wanted, and offered, to be present at any SA assemblies that might take place to discuss this matter. I wanted to see for myself what was going on and maybe even help you all to see why you should stay. However, that doesn't sound like an option anymore after Pavachek's post.

With all this in mind, and with all due respect to the hardworking brass as well as the members of the Sodality, you are not showing the calibur of patience that you need to survive and succeed on any team. All teams, not just ours, have bad apples, and not all of them can be easily plucked from the bunch.

I, for one, respect you as a fleet and for the honorable way in which you fight for the UGTO, and for the quality of your members. That, however, is it. I, or any other of the long-standing members of the UGTO, do not feel like I can respect this ridiculous lack of patience that you are showing to us.

Wake up and smell the roses.

-Dem

Pavachek
Cadet

Posted: 2003-03-10 01:39   
Well, unconditional honest was what I requested and it is what I got. Thank you for that.

I would like to reply that our patience in this matter is more than it seems. . We were willing to debate and debate and debate some more before we even set a date for debating again. We are not rushing into anything that has not been examined and discussed and researched to the last detail. We are doing nothing lightly and we arent even certain as to what our course of action is going to be.

And, yes, I am willing to conced to the point that respect on either side can be purely a function of time. However we are willing to give respect uncoditionally while we were not asking to be exalted on the highest pedestal immediately, or ever; our only request was for basic civility and courtesy from the majority of our faction. That is something that should not be earned in time.

Email Pavachek
.spaivxx.
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2003-03-10 02:26   
my god people it is just a game. fun? remember? i for one have a very stressful and hectic real life, i play DS to unwind and for something to do when enjoying the chronic ...... but seriously......soap operas like this are why i do not belong to a fleet.

Pavachek
Cadet

Posted: 2003-03-10 02:58   
Consider it an extended form of roleplaying then if you like, spaivxx. I wasnt aware that this was anything more than a friendly airing out of a faction-wide problem though? And I have tried to keep it as friendly and as general as I may with no specific finger-pointing and no rivalry-building flaming so as to keep the 'soap opera" aspect from becoming overwhelming. Did I not succeed in doing so?

Email Pavachek
Barthezzz
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2003-03-10 03:22   
Welcome to the ICC

Goto the website of Barthezzz
The Monty
Cadet

Posted: 2003-03-10 03:35   
Glad I don't see a whole lot of this on Kluth.

Bumblebee
Cadet
Mercenaries of Andosia

Posted: 2003-03-10 04:30   
Time for the old bumble to say some words ....

UGTO does not have much player left, the remaining must work together
as Teager has written, there are player who work only for themselves (or the Fleet), by loading/unloading Inf (good example-Teag ), or other crap
accept it as it is, this is no UGTO-problem
but
there are 2 ways of it all the time
you can see the glas of water half-filled, or half empty
i prefere the half-filled
so, to "translate" it, work together with the MoA, as well as the GTN (only examples), and you will find the team-play you are looking for
i go one step above
IF there is a ongoing lack of teamplay, of letting you "pants down", feel free to call me in, as well as Demorian and others
i repeat, we need the teamplay
perhaps, we are able to sort some "bad apples" out, perhaps we miss -we will see

but i, for myself, dont want to loose one more fleet to the nme-factions
and i am willing to denie teamplay to the ones, who denie teamplay, fairness and kindness to others

as stated before, treat everybody as you want to be treaten yourself

Email Bumblebee
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
Page created in 0.021008 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR