Combat Kills

Combat kills in last 24 hours:
No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

Search

Anniversaries

14th - wolf420

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Diplomacy » » The SA's part in the UGTO
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
 Author The SA's part in the UGTO
Pavachek
Cadet

Posted: 2003-03-10 05:36   
Quote:

On 2003-03-10 04:30, Bumblebee wrote:

but i, for myself, dont want to loose one more fleet to the nme-factions
and i am willing to denie teamplay to the ones, who denie teamplay, fairness and kindness to others

I think that this option is simply not open. It was our intention to conduct SA-only operations for a week or so but in the minutes folowing my start of this thread we were already on our way to the support of the UGTO. You simply can not be a part of a faction and expect to impose restrictions on your operations. In hind-sight it would have been contradictory for us to do so but deep down we knew that it was just a hollow statement not meant to be the threat it sounded like.

And reading back, I see Demorian has stated that we are trying to threaten respect out of the UGTO. Well, that was simply not the purpose of this thread. As I stated several posts above it was meant to be an airing-out of problems. If the language is strong then that is because the subject has been unaddressed for far too long.

Now, if some out there think this is a thread riddled with whining I would call attention to the "Over-powered K'Luth" posts of time gone past. If the concensus in the comunity is that the SA is now whining for pity or fleet-based glory then I would say you have missed the point entirely. It was, as I have stated several times now, an attempt at problem-solving and, now that I think about it, a bit of motivation for the UGTO. See it how you will though as I seem to have few words left to influence some either way.

Email Pavachek
Starsha
Cadet

Posted: 2003-03-10 05:51   
Quote:

Remember, DS is just a game, and games are supposed to be fun.

Agreed.

Pavachek
Cadet

Posted: 2003-03-10 06:02   
I think that is Starsha's absolute bottom line. I tried to make sure that it wasnt just above the bottom but, lo and behold, it seems to be so far down that gravitational forces radiate from it.

Email Pavachek
Starsha
Cadet

Posted: 2003-03-10 06:06   
Quote:

On 2003-03-10 06:02, Pavachek wrote:
I think that is Starsha's absolute bottom line. I tried to make sure that it wasnt just above the bottom but, lo and behold, it seems to be so far down that gravitational forces radiate from it.

Correct.

Bumblebee
Cadet
Mercenaries of Andosia

Posted: 2003-03-10 08:35   
Quote:
I think that this option is simply not open. It was our intention to conduct SA-only operations for a week or so but in the minutes following my start of this thread we were already on our way to the support of the UGTO.

well pava, "they" have to learn, to weaken our fun - will result in weaken "their" fun

MoA are on "helptour" all the time --> we get help all the time
to negate it
XYZ is on "selvish-tour" all the time --> they will get lesser help, sometimes
a natural law, i guess, and that's what i wanted to say

that does not mean, if one of the XYZ-fleet gets ripped apart, i turn around and let it happen - i am better than this one
but it means, if one of the XYZ-fleet gets ripped apart, AND a member of GTN - or SA is under heavy fire too, i choose to help the GTN,SA - and not the XYZ
again a natural one, or not?

i hope, they learn how to act kind and nice, if not, well, they have to face the problems they created
i dont know how old you are, but believe me, i know what i am talking about (i am old enough to know it), you have to face your own kind of acting sooner or later
if you act nice and kind, you will love the payback
if not, well, you deserve what you got

Email Bumblebee
Demorian
Fleet Admiral
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2003-03-10 10:59   
Sure, a game is supposed to be fun.

You have to look at both sides of the coin, though. No game is always fun. *No* game is always fun, especially online games. So when it's not fun anymore, no paying member of the DarkSpace community should, or should have to stay and play, and in effect waste their money, just because of some idea of loyalty or devotion.

I am not saying that we don't get frustrated. UGTO gets frustrated all the time, and we get let down and all sorts of things that all factions go through when they're under the kind of pressure we have been. However, I guarantee you when the game goes beyond frustration and ceases to be entertaining, people are going to exercize their rights and leave.

...and I am not going to stop them.

So if running away from people who want to help you is your way of stopping because you aren't having any fun, then so be it. I tried my best to help and don't you dare deny that.

By the way, if you weren't threatening us with leaving if you weren't shown the respect you felt you already deserve, then what exactly were you doing? Please tell me, because if you read back over the original post... it's hard to see it very differently.

Do whatever you want, Sodality. I've exhausted all my thoughts on this matter and am quite tired of dealing with you. It was clear from the moment I first walked into the SA room that some minds (especially influentials like Pavachek) were already made up. So what is the point? If you're not going to give this a chance, then go do your thing, and good luck to you.

-Dem

.spaivxx.
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2003-03-10 12:23   
this whole thread is none of my business cause im an ICC guy anyhow....but i hope you all work it out and just have some fun playing together....and Pav my comment before was not meant to belittle or detract from your role play experience....someone made a good point about although its a game it is also a community. i guess that i would be ticked off if i were in a fleet and i felt my fleet was being screwed over....i once was in a kluth fleet that was labeled a noob fleet and ragged on a lot....but they fought valiantly and i think they have now earned themselves some respect....just took them a while.

Lith Ragond
Cadet
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2003-03-10 13:05   
Ok, in my previous post (which seems to have been completely ignored exept by Starsha), i said
Quote:
[sarcasm] I am glad you tried expressing all your concerns towards the different UGTO fleets, and resolve them. [sarcasm]

Let me rephrase that:

If you are having trouble with other fleets you DONT talk about it withing just your fleet. You go out and tell those other fleets, "Hey, we are feeling as though we are getting the shaft in such and such a way."

Since I didnt hear a WHISPER about problems with SA before this post, I assume you didnt do that. You came out and berated the UGTO, making it seem we were out to get you. Again, I say, we are not.

Everything in my first post still stands. I will still message SA (as with all other 'active' UGTO fleets) if I know of an invasion or an offensive on our part. I will expect help from SA (just as I would any other UGTO fleets).

Deleted
Cadet

Posted: 2003-03-10 18:01   
Quote:

On 2003-03-10 13:05, Lith Ragond wrote:
Ok, in my previous post (which seems to have been completely ignored exept by Starsha), i said
Quote:
[sarcasm] I am glad you tried expressing all your concerns towards the different UGTO fleets, and resolve them. [sarcasm]

Let me rephrase that:

If you are having trouble with other fleets you DONT talk about it withing just your fleet. You go out and tell those other fleets, "Hey, we are feeling as though we are getting the shaft in such and such a way."

Since I didnt hear a WHISPER about problems with SA before this post, I assume you didnt do that. You came out and berated the UGTO, making it seem we were out to get you. Again, I say, we are not.

Everything in my first post still stands. I will still message SA (as with all other 'active' UGTO fleets) if I know of an invasion or an offensive on our part. I will expect help from SA (just as I would any other UGTO fleet

And now I'd like to make a point. We shouldn't HAVE to have this debate at all. Stealing planets, people ordering other fleets around, and general bad behavior SHOULDN'T be happening in the first place. Why should we be required to bring to light someone's misbehavior and misconduct in the game when said parties already KNOW they're not behaving and conducting themselves properly? If someone steals a planet they KNOW they're in the wrong for doing it. If some guy from Fleet A tells someone from Fleet B to build a Fleet A planet, he KNOWS he's in the wrong.

Blame it on the famous "I didn't know that was wrong" scapegoat? I think not. Most of these people in the Metaverse are up in rank and KNOW the transgressions they do are wrong. SA should NOT have to climb up on a soap box and point fingers to highlight a problem that people ALREADY know about. And Pavachek's post was intended NOT to name names, because THAT'S what the SA is about. We're not here to point the finger, blame people, and single out a specific fleet. Those parties who perform or condone the misdconduct mention in this forum topic KNOW they're wrong, and no doubt other people in their same fleet KNOW about the issues. It should not be SA's responsiblity to point out a problem that's already obvious.

In closing, with no disrespect, I ask that you do not try to cloud this issue with a smokescreen of vield ignorance. You and everyone else knows of the problems of this nature exist and who's doing it on a regular basis.

Pavachek
Cadet

Posted: 2003-03-10 18:27   
Quote:

On 2003-03-10 10:59, Demorian wrote:

It was clear from the moment I first walked into the SA room that some minds (especially influentials like Pavachek) were already made up.

One or two things in my defense before I abandon this thread in favor of another: I was attempting to use specific examples to make my point of view clear. You drew the conclusion that I had already come to my final decision.

And we all said we were grateful for lending us your ear: You cant deny that.

Email Pavachek
Demorian
Fleet Admiral
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2003-03-10 20:16   
Clarification:

Yes, SA did thank me for doing what I could. I didn't intend to convey the message that I was not appreciated, because I felt that I was. What I feel is unappreciated is the truth behind what we are all trying to tell you. You are so unwilling to accept it that you make it impossible to really change anything. That is why I felt your mind was made up from the beginning, Pavachek.

Changing sides will not fix anything for you.

-Dem

"We are the GTN. You will be resupplied. Resistance is optional."

[ This Message was edited by: Demorian on 2003-03-10 20:18 ]

Rogue Spear
Grand Admiral
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2003-03-10 22:19   
I thought the whole point of being a Uggy was to be corrupt.....

Sandals
Fleet Admiral
Agents

Posted: 2003-03-10 23:07   
[quote]
On 2003-03-08 11:07, Demorian wrote:

Quote:
This shoes true loyalty to the UGTO faction, which is..

w00t typo!

TerrorScout
Cadet

Posted: 2003-03-10 23:10   
If your still going to be a UGTO Fleet I’m looking to join one.
I’m only a Captain so I can’t join one of the big fleet’s play 3 or 4 times a week.

If you have a slot for me I will join up.
I’m a team player I think Demorian will vouch for me on that.

PS it would be nice to have some type of commander list for people to follow in battles its not good to be playing survivor all the time.

The UGTO is the most challenging faction the under dog if we win it means are people are better players. We must begin to think like Rebels fighting a superior enemy.

TerrorScout UGTO K’luth Hunter.
See you at the outer worlds and good hunting comrade.

[ This Message was edited by: TerrorScout on 2003-03-10 23:12 ]

Name:UGTO TerrorScout Class:UGTO long-range Scout
Status:Undergoing systems Refit at Luna Shipyard Sol system
Ship Slogan:We Fight, Learn & Improve.

Email TerrorScout   Goto the website of TerrorScout
Trevize {the old one}
Marshal

Posted: 2003-03-11 15:01   
Just one word .. i know you since long time Pava and some of your brothers too ... Welcome on board ... and take care .. i ll test your probity and honesty for team play soon ... around Ind or BD system ... oh yes .. i like hunting Kluthy !!!!

Cya mates

Trevize

Goto the website of Trevize {the old one}
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
Page created in 0.025849 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR