Combat Kills

Combat kills in last 24 hours:
No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

Search

Anniversaries

14th - wolf420

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Diplomacy » » The SA's part in the UGTO
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 )
 Author The SA's part in the UGTO
Lith Ragond
Cadet
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2003-03-11 15:04   
ok gunther, here you go:

Quote:
We shouldn't HAVE to have this debate at all. Stealing planets, people ordering other fleets around, and general bad behavior SHOULDN'T be happening in the first place.

Yes, we should live in a perfect world where everyone is 100% curtious to everyone else, no lieing or deicieving. But we dont, and humans are not perfect, we make mistakes and do things wrong, we always will. General bad behavior will ALWAYS be present. How we react to it will say volumes about ourselves.

Quote:
Why should we be required to bring to light someone's misbehavior and misconduct in the game when said parties already KNOW they're not behaving and conducting themselves properly?

Because, if I dont know about a GTN that intentionally steals planets, or tries to order around a fleet in a bad way(god forbid someone would take charge in the MV and get a group organized), if i dont know what they are doing wrong (since i dont watch all 50 members of GTN play at all times), then i cant give them the proper tongue (or text) lashing that i would want to (neither can Demo, though its his place and not mine).

Quote:
If someone steals a planet they KNOW they're in the wrong for doing it.

Are you sure they arent trying to arrange the inf on the planet so they are next to all the barracks so it will cap faster? even intentionally, they know they are in the wrong, whats your point?

Quote:
Blame it on the famous "I didn't know that was wrong" scapegoat? I think not.

Again, I dont know what every single one of my fleet mates do. Therefor i can say, I didnt know they did anything wrong.

Quote:

Most of these people in the Metaverse are up in rank and KNOW the transgressions they do are wrong.

Yeah, the same can apply for they guy that cheats on his wife. The principal is the same, we are human, we are flawed, and we knowingly make mistakes.

Quote:
SA should NOT have to climb up on a soap box and point fingers to highlight a problem that people ALREADY know about.

No, they shouldnt get up on the soapbbox, they should contact the fleet leaders and inform them of actions that they feel slighted from. Again, i make the point, a fleet leader doesnt know about EVERY SINGLE TINY THING going on in his fleet. If you say otherwise, you need a reality check.

Quote:
And Pavachek's post was intended NOT to name names, because THAT'S what the SA is about.

Please clearify that SA isnt about posting private matters that could easily be kept outside the general view of the public.

Quote:
We're not here to point the finger, blame people, and single out a specific fleet. Those parties who perform or condone the misdconduct mention in this forum topic KNOW they're wrong, and no doubt other people in their same fleet KNOW about the issues.

Now YOU need a reality check. The parties probably do know what they did wrong. But I say YET again, I only know of ONE instance in which SA has been offended by the actions of a GTN. And I dont blame him because he had due cause.

Quote:
It should not be SA's responsiblity to point out a problem that's already obvious.

You're right, its your responsibility to point out the problems YOU are having with different fleet members that ARE NOT already obvious.

Quote:
In closing, with no disrespect, I ask that you do not try to cloud this issue with a smokescreen of vield ignorance. You and everyone else knows of the problems of this nature exist and who's doing it on a regular basis.

It really pisses me off when people tell me what i do or do not know. I have never tried to cloud this issue with a smokescreen of VEILD ignorance. Let me restate, I only know of a SINGLE incident where SA were put off by a GTN, and while i do not support those actions, i do not blame him for them either. And as FAR AS I KNOW there is not a GTN that is TRYING to offend ANYONE on a regular basis. Just becuase I am a member of a family, does NOT mean i know EVERYTHING that is going on. I think thats something YOU need to realize.

Fleet Admiral,
Captain of the NSS Iringul,
Kluth/Human hybrid

[ This Message was edited by: Lith Ragond on 2003-03-11 15:09 ]

Lith Ragond
Cadet
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2003-03-11 15:05   
damn double posts

[ This Message was edited by: Lith Ragond on 2003-03-11 15:08 ]

Deleted
Cadet

Posted: 2003-03-11 15:07   
When I was UGTO and in BSS, I always enjoyed a SA member fighting with us, kinda made you feel you were gonna have backup till the end.

Lark of Serenity
Grand Admiral
Raven Warriors

Posted: 2003-03-11 15:45   
i fought a few SA, and have played with a few in FA on occasion, you guys r ok by me, dont leave DS for some jerks who take too much pride in their clan tag on a planet, but remember the planet is still UGTO, and nobody should care as long as its your factions

Bumblebee
Cadet
Mercenaries of Andosia

Posted: 2003-03-13 03:59   
locking - no further discussion needed

have a nice day

Email Bumblebee
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 )
Page created in 0.011980 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR