No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
04/27/24 +1.9 Hours

Search

Anniversaries

No anniversaries today.

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Tactics & New Players » » =DSA= InterDictoring
 Author =DSA= InterDictoring
Spiritlift
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2003-03-27 06:22   
Welcome to Dictoring Basics 1 o 1 ...

*~ Part 1 ~*=The Piercer or Interdictor=
The Dictor is a Very important Addition to any Solid Fleet , While its firepower is Low the Skillful Pilot Can Live all day in one of these With the Right Fleet Behind him ...

The Dictoring Range Is 1kgu or 1000Gu , It is Recommended that you Not to let your Target exceed 950gu if Trapping is your mission ...
Unless You really Brave Do Not get within 200gu of Target either ...
Being the Dictor you will be the object of your NMEs Affection & attention ,
So Keep in mind that Dictoring is More For Daring Pilots Than Trigger happy Fighters ...
to Keep your Dictor Running you Will Need to Stay Clear of Nuke Mines , Flux , & Keep a Watchful Eye on Your energy levels ....Remember You Objective is to keep the NME at bay or withing 200-950gu Not Jam Cl2k's Up there noses at 50gu , Doing so will result in the NME getting away with another kill count added to thier Profile .. YOU

*~ Part 2 ~*=Dictoring=
There are two main types of dictoring , Defence & Offence (of course)

Defence :-
Defence Dictoring is mainly used when Bombing Or Inf capping a planet ..

The Main Objective Is to Keep the enemy From being able to quickly jump in & Attack your Fleets Station or your Bombers Mirvs ...

{Station/Hive}~PD OFF~
When Protecting a Station , You need to remain under the station (near docked) at all times .. no matter how tempted you may be to skip out & Take a few potshots at the NME ..{Note}Always carry Elite Infantry to pass to the station...
~Also Note To Always carry Infantry no matter Which Ship you are in~

{Bombing}~PD OFF~(if near/behind other ships)
When Protecting a Cloud "Barrage of Bombs" Try to stay as close to the Bomber at all times , Pretty much the same as Station protection only This calls for a little more Thought & involves Offensive tactics ...
If your fleet is bombing an ungaurded system Then Best is to Check Client counts Take a guess as to which gate they might come through & dictor it .. Alternativly you can Dictor the route between said gate & said planet , This is what you would do if there are NME present in system only You would dictor Somewhere between the NME & the Said Planet.
If you are not sure Whether system contains NME or not Stay with the Bomber ..

{Early Planet Defence} ~PD ON~
After A Planet has been capped it may not have a dictor & be in need of rebuild (Depending on the Skill of the bomber Or the Devious plans of your fleet) if it does not & it is being rebuilt by your fleet You will need to Be its dictor Keeping NME at bay ,
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Offensive :-

There are 2 basic types of Offence dictoring , Camping Party & Trapping

{Camping Party}
This is when your fleet is Camping a Gate Or Between a supply route for an invading Faction with 2 or more capped planets ,
For instance , Part of your fleet are defending & Your party is camping an entry gate for the NME Killing them before they can escape to remote build or group up for another assualt.. Objective is to keep the NME dictored ..
If there are more than One ,, either aim for the Biggest one or the more ..

{Trapping}
Trapping is Fun but Foolish If done alone ..ALWAYS have At least 1-2 Combat With you Or Rdy to jump to you .. Basically You Look out for NME , Usually Ones trying to run from a battle or from trying to cap your planet ...
((Never Ever let an NME Station run away .. its just not cool)) you need to jump them & Quickly speed up if they are Flying away fast , Always keeping them wthin 1kgu , Though be careful & watch your Energy levels & JD (Jump Drive) When JD is half charged Slow to stop & jump 200gu in front of them .. Timing is Clearly of the essence in Trap dictorship.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

K thaz about it for now if i think of sumin else ill edit this, Also if i have missed some Crucial Elements of Dictoring Please feel free to let me know or add to this...
I was going to add The effective Mods for Each Factions Dictor But I as you will learn am a devout Kluth So i could only tell you How to Mod the Piercer & Im sure youll Learn about Modding in Another =DSA=Class/Post Also I believe in Trial & error Learning so ill leave that up to you

If You Dont Know or are in Doubt Ask ! .
Your Commanding Officer Should be More than Happy to Advise you on where you should be Or what you need to have Modded ..

Goto the website of Spiritlift
Captain Caveman
Cadet

Posted: 2003-03-27 08:13   
Ambushes

Laying an ambush requires a high degree of teamwork. The basic structure of an ambush is thus.

1) You know where your enemy is, be it a planet, a gate, or any other area of a map.

2) You know where they are headed. This can usually be surmised from the direction the ships are pointing, or there simply isn't another logical place for them to go (e.g. Between the Sirius and Epsilon Eri gates in Procyon).

3) You then position your dictor in an appropriate spot along the path that the enemy ships would fly. Thus, any ship flying along that route will have their jump interrupted, and will be brought back into normal space at a place of your choosing.

Now the stupid people out there will be wondering what is so good about that. Well, consider that the enemy will be brought to a complete standstill 1000 gu's away from you. Now consider what would happen to that fleet if:

a) you had laid a minefield 1000 gu's away from you.

b) there were 3 or 4 destroyers/cruisers/Dreadnoughts, all having a speed advantage positioned at the point of arrival of the enemy fleet.

Scenario a) results in a bigbadaboom. Scenario b) results in a classic hit and run ambush.

This is a reasonably difficult trick to pull off, and you might only catch one ship in your web, but its something to bear in mind if faced with an enemy fleet in system.

Ash'elth
Grand Admiral
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2003-05-04 12:40   
Top speed for UGTO interdictor is 12.8 gu/s with AME before you start to lose energy...

Top speed for the ICC dictor with reactive shields is 12.8 with actives 11.3 I believe.

The Monty
Cadet

Posted: 2003-05-04 13:00   
Top speed for the Kluth dicter is MUCH higher, being as it can carry a reactor 1500, so just depending if you are cloaked or not (which can be realitivly pointless without ECM cover) I think it is either 19 or 21gu before you start to get the energy loss.

JackSwift
Cadet
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2003-05-04 13:35   
Very true, never go out dictoring alone, or even get separated from your fleet (for trapping)... then what happens? Uh-oh, drainer just drained all your energy and you're at 40 hull. :/

Also a good tactic is when you know an enemy is going to attack a certain planet from a certain place, place yourself 1000gu away from the planet so if your planet has human defense (IT) or fighters they will be able to inflict a maximum amount of damage. Laying mines in that path also helps.

\"Errare Human Est.\"

Email JackSwift
Page created in 0.015773 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR