No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
04/27/24 +6.6 Hours

Search

Anniversaries

No anniversaries today.

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Diplomacy » » An Unpopular Opinion
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
 Author An Unpopular Opinion
Starsha
Cadet

Posted: 2003-04-01 18:46   
I’ve been contemplating writing this post since the morning I woke up to find the MV speckled blue and white. Having read the forums to see that the majority of humans were indeed proud of this accomplishment, I kept my thoughts to myself, not wanting to rain on their parade. Well, seeing now that the K’luth have retaken their homespace, the parade has passed and perhaps now I can speak without taking too much of a bludgeoning from my fellow humans. Course, one never knows. My opinion is probably not popular, and no doubt, some who may think me a friend and ally will disagree and shun me for it.

I never have agreed with this so called ‘Alliance’, ‘Cease Fire’, or whatever you shall want to call it. For that reason, since its inception, my presence in MV has been little to none. Why? Call it pride, call it being a rebel (*gasp* an ICC being a rebel, who would have thought?)

What I saw was the ICC, who I might say have grown rather strong in recent times, take EE, leaving a few planets behind to push forward into Procyon. In this way, we could keep pushing back the K’luth, gaining even more ground. With Procyon taken, we could easily have taken the 5 planets left in EE later. But this is not what happened. What happened was the UGTO, cleaning up our table scraps, and joining in after all of OUR hard work. Then the UGTO moved into Procyon with us, and at this point the ‘Alliance’ was formed. And also, at this point, I took my leave.

What happened to the glory of the ICC? We share it with the UGTO? Do we not have self pride? Wouldn’t our victory over the K’luth have been so much sweeter if we turned the K’luth space all blue, instead of allowing it to be riddled with white? Then we could truly say the ICC is a power to be reckoned with. But now, now what can we say? We can say good job humans! It kind of loses the luster of the victory for me.

I did try a few times to come and defend the space we had taken, only to find my faction turning off defense bases to allow UGTO to sit at our planets unharmed. To find myself being berated by members of my faction for so called friendly firing UGTO ships that got in my way. I’m sorry, but if it’s red and I hit it, it’s not friendly fire.

I’ve heard of individuals being removed from ICC fleets for holding similar opinions to mine. It pains me to hear that and perhaps I should have spoken sooner. I do enjoy being among the ICC, do not mistake my words. I just do not agree with this Alliance and will not hold true to it. If this means I must stay out of MV until the rest of my human counterparts get ahold of their senses and realize that the ICC and UGTO are enemies, then so be it.

Oh yes, I realize, don’t be so serious, it’s all for fun. I never forget the fun. So if you all are having fun with your Alliance, have your fun. It’s just not fun for me.

Quantium
Cadet

Posted: 2003-04-01 18:52   
"Alliances" are lame, they were lame back when I was ICC, and they're still lame as of today. They don't work cause simply people still show up red and an alliance member cant use resources such as depots, and they get stuck in dictors and planetary defence. Play the game like it was meant to until it is possible to creat an accual alliance. Until then what do you expect?

Email Quantium   Goto the website of Quantium
Evil_Moose
Cadet

Posted: 2003-04-01 18:59   
-ICC could not have capped Sirius without UGTO. Period. There were waaay too many Kluth. Obviously you did not participate in this battle.

-Procyon would not have been capped without the UGTO, there were, once again, too many Kluth.

-Because we capped Sirius, you had the chance to cap Laicalle, which you did.

-Why are you so against alliances? Why not help each other out? Are we not all humans? And besides, its written in the DS history: "The Humans unite against the Kluth and defeat them"

-ITS JUST A GAME!

Moose

Email Evil_Moose
Deleted
Cadet

Posted: 2003-04-01 19:08   
What would you do if the Kluth decided to just hide for awhile? What would happen to your allience? We would actually be beter off to wait out and let you kill eachother. Then we could eat your victor......

Spiritlift
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2003-04-01 19:32   
/me Stands & Applauds Starsha
/me Salutes Starsha For being About the Only Human Speak up & With the Roleplay & the Knowledge that this Game Has 3 Factions , not 2 ..
/me Totally agrees With What you have said ,

To Moose...
(If the rest of ICC Came out of FA & Lobby Before It was considered safe enuff, They wouldve indeed had little problems with Victory over Kluth Without Such Ugto's Desperatly Needed help)

To GothPug & The rest of The Proud alliance ppl Who Believe that Even in the FA (not the actual Human Joint vs Kluth Scenarios) That Humans should be joined ,, Perhaps you need to Petition to get ICC/UGTO Allied as on faction For once & for all (Officially)...
Mind you only 2 factions ? .. Geez that would get boring ...

From Me Solely as a Player ...
I have no idea Why there is such a Big Deal about the Kluth , They are juz a very different Faction , With Different Abilities & Different Loooking Ships .. Perhaps it is the Racism In humans Being Vented , Perhaps its becoz They resemble Lobsters & Quite attractive to the human diet ??

I could go on & On & On But id rather not Im Getting Repetitive ...
Im Just Proud someone Other than Myself (mainly Human Loyalist)Has had the Gall to Sour theyre Popularity to Voice Thier opinion ...

ConGratz Starsha , I salute Thee

Goto the website of Spiritlift
UberBrooksie
Cadet
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2003-04-01 20:02   
True i doubt that we would have got as far as we did without uggies. iwas not online for Sirus attack but was in EE and procyon, and then lacaille. Kluthies have a huge advantage in Sirius its a tough nut to crack it was cracked though.

Alliance is over in anycase it completed its mission

Novacat
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2003-04-01 20:03   
Quote:

On 2003-04-01 19:32, Spiritlift wrote:
/me Stands & Applauds Starsha
/me Salutes Starsha For being About the Only Human Speak up & With the Roleplay & the Knowledge that this Game Has 3 Factions , not 2 ..
/me Totally agrees With What you have said ,

To Moose...
(If the rest of ICC Came out of FA & Lobby Before It was considered safe enuff, They wouldve indeed had little problems with Victory over Kluth Without Such Ugto's Desperatly Needed help)

To GothPug & The rest of The Proud alliance ppl Who Believe that Even in the FA (not the actual Human Joint vs Kluth Scenarios) That Humans should be joined ,, Perhaps you need to Petition to get ICC/UGTO Allied as on faction For once & for all (Officially)...
Mind you only 2 factions ? .. Geez that would get boring ...

From Me Solely as a Player ...
I have no idea Why there is such a Big Deal about the Kluth , They are juz a very different Faction , With Different Abilities & Different Loooking Ships .. Perhaps it is the Racism In humans Being Vented , Perhaps its becoz They resemble Lobsters & Quite attractive to the human diet ??

I could go on & On & On But id rather not Im Getting Repetitive ...
Im Just Proud someone Other than Myself (mainly Human Loyalist)Has had the Gall to Sour theyre Popularity to Voice Thier opinion ...

ConGratz Starsha , I salute Thee

What the big deal is? When the ICC/UGTO Complained about the Kluth, the Kluth just said "Shut up and take it", They also said things like "You suck" And "You need more teamwork" and "We are simply uber".

The fact that im hearing whining about this from the SAME FACTION sickens me.

Plus: Your whining about the fact you were losing, you dont want to lose, well, get real, crap happens, weither you like it or not. You say "How does it feel like to have 50 Human ships with only 5-10 defending ships in your homesystem" Yet you dont realize that the Kluth used to Cap CD-36 and Sol every night. We know how it feels and you should know how it feels as well.

You are probably on my permanent crap list as well, considering all you can do is throw insults and cuss people out. Im suprized the Admins/mods didnt ban you yet.

Thats the main reason why your reputation just flew out the window.

Goto the website of Novacat
Seraph
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2003-04-01 20:08   
Some fleets do support the allaince so keep this in mind please.

Lark of Serenity
Grand Admiral
Raven Warriors

Posted: 2003-04-01 20:59   
i agree starsha, it wouldve been so much better if ICC had taken all of Kluth by itself, this is infact my only dream in this game. but theres one simple fact even i cant ignore: ICC is not as strong as kluth, we could not have beaten them by ourselves. so whether u like it or not, ICC and UGTO occasionally ally to take down the Kluth.

to answer your question spirit, ppl ally against the kluth because we dont like you. you have a history of being distrustful, arrogant, annoying, loud mouthed and rude. not all of the Kluth players are like this, but most of them are, and its a pain to come in every day and have the Kluth trying to tell us whats wrong with the way WE fight. how do u KNOW whats wrong? have u played ICC or UGTO recently? who made u the Uber know all gods of the MV? and i mean gawd, u tell us were not fighting right, maybe we arent but atleast we use our ships properly, your suppose to be hit and run, and i can assure u if u actually bothered to USE this premise once and awhile ud have nothing to whine about your ships or the human factions.

Orion_Prime
Cadet

Posted: 2003-04-01 21:11   
well at least Starsha is admitting that its a bad idea without having much penalty.

I was asked to leave my clan cause I disagreed with the alliance.

Oh well, now I'm K'Luth, so I kill all forms of humans alliance or no.

Email Orion_Prime
UberBrooksie
Cadet
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2003-04-01 21:28   
Applauds Larky's speech Here Here!

TerrorScout
Cadet

Posted: 2003-04-01 22:12   
These types of alliances are the "We must fight with are enemy or we will all die" type if you complain in this situation it is like saying "We should just let the enemy win and kill us all" and "Attacking the Allies is like killing someone’s space fighters and saying your fighters were the enemy to bad your carrier is getting owned"

You see after a block of players decides to make an alliance with an enemy thy are already convinced that it is necessary. So telling them "we don’t need these enemies to help us" is like saying I don’t need weapons to Slaughter K'lith. Thy look at you and think you are stupid no one can do that. You are crazy you are going to get us killed.

You need a stronger argument or you should go with the flow or just say I object going to play on FA.

Ah aren’t Politics fun. Team play don’t you love it.

P.S. UGTO is getting owned so bad that a lot of them are turning into politicians.

OR going ICC for better ships! Thus the friendliness between new ICC and UGTO

If you cant beet then join them and turn them into YOU.

Tell me if I’m wrong but that’s the way I see it.

Name:UGTO TerrorScout Class:UGTO long-range Scout
Status:Undergoing systems Refit at Luna Shipyard Sol system
Ship Slogan:We Fight, Learn & Improve.

Email TerrorScout   Goto the website of TerrorScout
Strategery
Grand Admiral
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2003-04-01 22:46   
Larky hit on most of the same points I have. I truly think that ICC on it's best day could take down the k'luth, but we are far from the point of us flying united enough to take down the Evil Giant Lobster on our own. For that reason, YES, K'luth is the uber fleet and overly so (future balancing will change this however).

As Brooksie and a few other S.W, I was with the assault on EE, and it went far better than any of the other times I've been on an operation there. When I took off, I believed that if the k'luth's continued playing as unorganized as they were and without matching numbers, we possibly could have marched right to Sirius, ON OUR OWN! But what went on in Procyon and Sirius, I can only guess since I was asleep those hours. Somewhere in there, the Uggies joined in and the united front of the humans took down the k'luth empire.

Basically, I just want to say that there is a lot of truth to what Starsha is saying, and it's clear she is not alone in the idea. But those k'luth players like Spirit and a few others need to realize that in the current state of the game, the ONLY way any faction NOT K'luth can take them on with a 50/50 chance of victory is by the humans united. You should be able to realize this by now with the constant complaints about the balance issues.

One day, the ICC will reign surpreme as the rulers of the MetaVerse, I promise you, one day.....

[S.W] Grand Admiral Strategery
ICC Master Battle Strategist (ret.)
Proud Commander of the C.S.S. Ticonderoga

Email Strategery
Warbird
Cadet

Posted: 2003-04-01 23:05   
Quote:
ITS JUST A GAME!

I dislike all this bickering. I just like playing and I do not think what Evil Moose said has to be repeated a second time.

Goto the website of Warbird
Jim Starluck
Marshal
Templar Knights

Posted: 2003-04-01 23:12   
I would like to remind you guys that almost EVERY alliance of two factions vs the third, regardless of the game, is temporary. They happen when the balance of power is skewed in favor of one faction, the two weaker ones will join together to eliminate their mutual enemy. Once the threat is dealt with, the alliance dissolves and the two former allies go back to shooting each other.

Such is the case in DS. The K'luth are, by far, the most powerful faction in combat. The ICC and UGTO need superior numbers, firepower, or organization to defeat them. And let's not forget about ECM forts.

Until such point that the K'luth are not as powerful and/or the ICC & UGTO get bored with fighting only one side and go back to shooting each other, the alliance is likely to persevere.

Personally, I would LIKE for the alliance to dissolve. I have more fun fighting UGTO than I ever have fighting K'luth. But since the K'luth are so much more of a threat than the UGTO, I support the alliance.

Once the K'luth are dead/weakened, we can go back to shooting each other and not worry about getting CL-2k'd up the tailpipe when our back is turned.

Email Jim Starluck
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
Page created in 0.026208 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR