No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
04/27/24 Now

Search

Anniversaries

No anniversaries today.

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Diplomacy » » REQUEST TO ALL PLAYERS
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
 Author REQUEST TO ALL PLAYERS
Riley!
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2003-04-05 11:28   
I do hope this is the last thread on this player regarding this issue I ever see again.

I, as well as many others, am getting fed up with the way Scott (GothThug) is being treated
by the majority of the Dark Space community.

I understand the reasons for why people do not like him, but still.. none of those reasons
can justify making fun of him, harrassing him, throwing personal vendettas against him and
generally putting him down. He isnt JUST a player, he's a human being with feelings just
like yourselfs and he does not deserve what he's getting here.

I personally am disappointed in everyone who participated in discriminating against him.
This is supposed to be a welcoming, mature community.. not a Bash Fest, regardlesss of
what he has done, or hasn't done.

The insults, harrassment, vendettas, discrimination and making fun of this individual
HAS TO STOP! You've all made your points, you don't like him. Act like an adult and leave
it at that... please.

Frankly, its BS. Put yourself in his shoes, you wouldn't like being treated like this
so why do you think he does? He doesn't. So please stop, it will be appreciated.

Thank you,

-Riley.

EDIT: And regarding the bashing thing.. another reason NOT to do it:
It's against to RoC and makes the game community look like CRAP! If you see him doing something bad dont take it upon yourself to deal with it, report it.

[ This Message was edited by: Riley! on 2003-04-05 22:16 ]

Lark of Serenity
Grand Admiral
Raven Warriors

Posted: 2003-04-05 11:30   
i dont do it that much anymore, just silly qoutes every once inawhile, but i do that to everyone =) hehe

Axianda The Royal
Fleet Admiral
Terra Squadron

Posted: 2003-04-05 11:36   
I agree whit Riley and lark

some times your can do some funny emotes on someone.

but in general nobody can harrass a player to leaving the game.

- Axi

Schakal*
Cadet
eXcellent Strategists

Posted: 2003-04-05 11:46   
I agree with Riley and I think harrasment can't get accepted, just because it seems majority of the DS-community is behind it... STOP IT NOW

Pimpalicious Nerd {C?}
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2003-04-05 11:48   
I agree, it is getting old. Excuse me if I offend anyone who likes to pic on Scott, but Please Find Something Else To Be Immature About!

- Agent Nelson

Barthezzz
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2003-04-05 12:25   
Well harrasment is bad and against the RoC.

General bad behaviour/Making fun off/ingame hunting against Scott has quite a simple reason; What goes around comes around or what you give is what you get.

Scott has done a lot of bad things, offended a lot of people, etc therefor people dont like him and they dont mind letting people know this.

Though SW is trying to make Scott better, we will have to see if they actually can.

who knows, perhaps someday everybody will forgive the new And improved Scott, though i think its much to early to ask it.

Goto the website of Barthezzz
Piotr-san
Chief Marshal
*Renegade Space Marines*

Posted: 2003-04-05 13:11   
The solution to that could be enabeling /ignore to work ingame,people could just ignore him wich would help him alot since he cant controle his mounth and i dont believe he will change

[ This Message was edited by: Piotr-san on 2003-04-05 13:12 ]

Barthezzz
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2003-04-05 13:32   
Well /ignore is a good way of letting people talk behind your back

Actually they are talking right infront of you but you just cant see it

JackSwift
Cadet
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2003-04-05 13:39   
Maybe it's because I've never been on the same team with Scott, but I've been playing DS for 6 months now and I have never seen any real rash behavior other than name-calling after other people provoked a name-calling session with him. I think he's got a wonderful sense of humor and good taste in music... if you're going to try to put down Scott, turn it into constructive criticism: Criticize his ideas and not him. Settle your differences in a civilized manner without spamming the lobby with messages of hate.

Oh listen to his radio if you ever get the chance.

\"Errare Human Est.\"

Email JackSwift
Piotr-san
Chief Marshal
*Renegade Space Marines*

Posted: 2003-04-05 13:40   
[quote]
On 2003-04-05 13:32, Barthezzz wrote:
Well /ignore is a good way of letting people talk behind your back

Actually they are talking right infront of you but you just cant see it

[/quote]
i see it and i dont blame them ,if they wont hear scott for some time it will eventualy stop.

Thrie
Fleet Admiral
Raven Warriors

Posted: 2003-04-05 14:17   
Quote:

Repeat After me!!!

This world!

This World Is made of...

This World Is Made Of...

LOVE AND PEACE!!!

-Vash The Stampeed

Love and Peace!!! ~waves magic wand and makes everyone hug each other~

Email Thrie
Seraph
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2003-04-05 14:30   
I would have to agree with you guys. Scott has never done anything terrible to a peticular player. And there are other players that have been kicked a few times and there are not treated even close to that. Scott you always have a friend here. And frankly I think he has enhanced this community and made it a little more fum.
MHO

Barthezzz
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2003-04-05 15:08   
Quote:

On 2003-04-05 14:30, -=Gogeta=- wrote:
And frankly I think he has enhanced this community and made it a little more fum.

Hmm well i asume we are not talking about the same guy, the Scott i have seen in chat/game and even in my fleet for a very short time wasnt very nice.

From harrasing 2 n00bie fleet members to calling people all sorts of bad things when they were only trying to tell them that what he was doing wouldnt work and that they had better way.

Deleted
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2003-04-05 15:35   
From what i have seen of Scott over the last week or so is that he is trying his best to have fewer outbursts. I have seen Scott scott be very patient and relitivly calm about asking people to stop bugging him. I have also seen people go way out of their way to ignore those requests just to see if they can flare up his old temper and see if they can get him into trouble.

I also find it rather annoying when two people are fighting in the lobby and a fellow chatter askes them to take it to another room. As the common response is " You're not a Mod, you can't tell me what to do us you have no power" I will agree that i am not a mod, and i will agree that i hold no real power. However you should not have to be a Mod to request that of someone else. i pay my $10 a month to play the game just like everyone else. I do not spend that money to watch people cuss it out in the lobby, and use sexualy explicit remarks. Such actions produce a dissatisfying enviroment for those who don't want to be and shouldn't be subject to such things. In the end a dissatisfied person leaves.

so lets have some common sense people and treat people with respect regardless of who they are. If you feel you must cuss someone out, argue with them, make jokes about their mother and whatnot. Go to another room. If you feel you have to cuss jsut for the sake of it, then say it out loud, not through the tips of your fingers.

But then this is all IMO, which either counts for something or nothing at all,
that choice is yours.

Neuf

abyss
Cadet
BIOnics Industry Syndicate

Posted: 2003-04-05 16:10   
I had the pleasure to fight with and against Scotthug, and I like him! I like him so much I treat him has any other nme player (now that he is nme on mv hehe). Off course, I dont like the way sometimes he behaves (never seen he being rude/doing anything against RoC, only read about it later), anyway, its his way and I respect it, and report him in case I feel it is necessary. If ppl call me names/are rude, I take screenshot and report, else, I ignore/answer. Think that if everybody did this, this topic would not be needed.

-- Obrigado Filipina --

Man usually avoids attributing cleverness to somebody else -- unless it is an enemy.
-- Albert Einstein

[ This Message was edited by: abyss (Peace) on 2003-04-05 16:15 ]
-- Albert Einstein

Email abyss
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
Page created in 0.022492 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR