Combat Kills

Combat kills in last 24 hours:
No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

Search

Anniversaries

14th - wolf420

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Diplomacy » » Need new Fleet ranking system
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
 Author Need new Fleet ranking system
Beast
Cadet
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2003-04-09 03:49   
ok first off i can see why PB is number one they are active aswell with all other fleets except for one GTN when was the last time GTN had a sizable force in mv when was the last time they showed up in force to help other fleets defend. not for awhil;e why FA top fleets should go by active MV fleets not prestige why look at some of the top fleets even if they didnt play for a month chances are they would still be in the top ten. this is my personal opinion it,s not nor fair for all those other fleets who bust there
behinds defending and capping in the MV.

[ This Message was edited by: Beast{C?} on 2003-04-09 03:50 ]

Email Beast
Seraph
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2003-04-09 03:57   
I am willing to track planet caps daily of all the fleets, but i need somewhere to post it. Or I could just post monthy averages of planet fleets had like Demo.

What you guys think?

Darkheyr ={NuKe Squad}=
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2003-04-09 07:10   
VA barely has any planets cause we barely fly trannies.

Planets controlled are mostly influenced by member count -> more players AVAILABLE to fly trannies.
Or just by preferance.

I know *I* HATE flying trannies.

\"A little bit of weird with a dash of oddness.\" -Kitana

Email Darkheyr ={NuKe Squad}=
Barthezzz
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2003-04-09 07:18   
There is no real way to give a good view of planet rankings, like DarkHeyr said; some fleets use stations/trannies a lot. Some do most of the combat support.

Demorian is doing a prestige ranking of the fleets, even though it doesnt anything cus 20 FAs that stopped playing last month cant get you very high in the list.
Its still nice to see

Goto the website of Barthezzz
Deleted
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2003-04-09 07:22   
Actually, at least when Im in MV, alot of the planets we cap are the result of more then one clan getting together for a common goal. There are times when it is simply PB going out and capping etc but most the time its more then one clan and the planet goes to whatever clans troop killed the last enemy...
One last thing, we dont cap with trannies. Hives, Gangs and Clavs are our main staple...

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf......

[PB]Snafu

[ This Message was edited by: Snafu on 2003-04-09 07:24 ]

Fatal Rocko Willis
Fleet Admiral
Fatal Squadron

Posted: 2003-04-09 07:27   
[quote]
On 2003-04-09 07:22, Snafu wrote:

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf......

Yup, rough men do stand ready... I know.. I am one of them and have been doing it for 17 years in the US Navy....

Email Fatal Rocko Willis
Demorian
Fleet Admiral
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2003-04-09 09:39   
Beast, for someone who *should* understand the UGTO situation, having been a part of GTN (given, you didn't hold on nearly as long as some others did), your words utterly appall me.

That is all I am going to say, other than if you want a new ranking system, make one yourself.

-Dem

``We are the GTN. You will be resupplied. Resistance is optional.``

[ This Message was edited by: Demorian on 2003-04-09 09:42 ]

conswirloo [V]
Cadet

Posted: 2003-04-09 09:56   
I'm not sure a ranking system is required. I think most people in the MV know who the active fleets are and I don't see a need to track that on a web page somewhere. Plus, what would you use to measure the activeness of a fleet? The fleet that caps the planet is not always an accurate representation of who was there, as Snafu said. I know when I'm in a group capping and I've got inf, I drop my inf on the station/hive, and not directly on the planet. That way the fleet member who has brought the majority of the inf, and is taking most of the damage from planet defense gets the cap.

I know that when I see certain fleets opposing me in the MV, I'm in for a rough time, and no scorepage is going to represent that properly, I think.

Email conswirloo [V]
Ashatwork
Cadet

Posted: 2003-04-09 10:20   
Yup GTN isn't active.

The fact that every day I see GTN, made up equally of old guard who have weathered storm after storm and some young blood, are in the MV fighting constantly.

In the last 4 days by my count UGTO players have taken out over 120 enemy ships. I've accounted for a solid 30 of those.

I find it ironic that a player who left GTN -- left those of us who are on every day and trying to beat back the ICC and Kluth -- then lashes back at us.

You left us when we needed active members, you left your mates to fight alone and then you disrespect those of us still fighting.

No fleet can control how many of it's members are online all the time. And the UGTO situation for the last 5 months has been pretty grim. Fleets leaving constantly, players leaving. Those who remain going largely inactive. We lost SA, MoA (for a while) and BSS. That was around 50% of the active UGTO.

Beast
Cadet
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2003-04-09 23:48   
if think i bashed GTN you are wrong you want to think that fine but what about all those times when i was GTN we called for help and usaul got no or little reply even though there happend to be about 3 or 4 GTN in FA what i said was the simple truth.GTN isnt what it use to be and prbly never will be.why should the few make the whole look good when the rest wont lift a finger cuase they dont want to leave FA why have a fleet if you dont fly together.How can ANY fleet call them selvs a navy when they dont act like one.When was the last time you actually played MV Demorian and fought or died defending your systems your planets. I was hoping to hear somthing along the lines of GTN is going to be more active or what not instead i get insults oh well we all know how and where this once mighty
fleet stands now.

IF i seem harsh im sorry but i simply think you should take along look at your selfs.

Email Beast
Demorian
Fleet Admiral
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2003-04-10 00:51   
I am not even going to dignify that with a response.

Lith Ragond
Cadet
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2003-04-10 01:57   
Well, I sure will though Demo.

Quote:

if think i bashed GTN you are wrong you want to think that fine

so, when you said:
Quote:
ok first off i can see why PB is number one they are active aswell with all other fleets except for one GTN when was the last time GTN had a sizable force in mv when was the last time they showed up in force to help other fleets defend.

you didnt mean to call us inactive and unhelpful?

Quote:
this is my personal opinion it,s not nor fair for all those other fleets who bust there behinds defending and capping in the MV.

so the 1 year 4 months i have busted my butt as UGTO shouldnt count? just wondering.

Quote:
but what about all those times when i was GTN we called for help and usaul got no or little reply even though there happend to be about 3 or 4 GTN in FA what i said was the simple truth.

simple truth? simple truth this is a game, people pay to play games to have fun. if someone doesnt think stomping around the MV most of the time isnt fun, so be it.

Quote:
GTN isnt what it use to be and probly never will be.

nope, it sure isnt what it used to be. and your right, it probably wont be what it used to be. whats your point?

Quote:
why should the few make the whole look good when the rest wont lift a finger cuase they dont want to leave FA why have a fleet if you dont fly together.

... um... RIOGHT. i think i said something about this being only a game, so i wont repeat myself.

Quote:
How can ANY fleet call them selvs a navy when they dont act like one.

LOL, yeah, sheesh, we shouldnt roleplay for a game or anything.

Quote:
When was the last time you actually played MV Demorian and fought or died defending your systems your planets.

hmm... seems someone is a little resentful. well, i could answer for demo, but i wont, cause i wouldnt want to bring his RL problems/stresses into a game

Quote:
I was hoping to hear somthing along the lines of GTN is going to be more active or what not

yeah, me too.

Quote:
instead i get insults

Demo didnt insult you, just like you 'didnt' insult GTN.

Quote:
oh well we all know how and where this once mighty fleet stands now.

well, thats complete perspective. as i look at it from the inside, i could say we stand higher than we ever have. clan chat seems more like close friends chatting, not some militaristic do this defend that. sure, a lot of us may be inactive, or maybe some of us dont get into the MV as much as others. but oh well, we're all having fun playing this game, so does anything else really matter? well, if your #1 priority was DS, i guess so. but not to me.

Quote:
IF i seem harsh im sorry but i simply think you should take along look at your selfs.

you know what, i look at myself in the mirror everyday, and wonder whats goin on with me. and you know what i think about? where i'm going in life, what i'm going to be doing, what it's going to be like moving to Boston. what i DONT think about is the MV, and which system i should invade. i have a lot more important things going on in my life than to worry about how my faction/fleet stands in the MV. and i'm sure everyone else does to, it would be crazy otherwise.

Human/K'luth Hybrid

[ This Message was edited by: Iringul on 2003-04-10 02:01 ]

Barthezzz
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2003-04-11 05:48   
Dem does a Prestige ranking = Cool though it doesnt show a good look of what fleet really in nr1, who cares?

AlphaPrimus did a ranking on the SW website that was about what fleet has most planets. = Cool but i think he stopped because it was to much work.

So if you feel we need a diffrent ranking system then make one
Dems system is not the official ranking system its just a player made Prestige ranking.

Now lets hug and be nice

Goto the website of Barthezzz
Lark of Serenity
Grand Admiral
Raven Warriors

Posted: 2003-04-11 05:59   
if u want a good ranking, what u really have to do is average A) enemy ships destroyed, B) friendly ships destroyed, and C) planets captured. unforunately, this is probably near impossible, have a nice day trying to make it work

|2eason
Grand Admiral
Agents

Posted: 2003-04-11 06:06   
Little Fleet History:

PB and GTN got into a Prestige war, around the time Agents hit a slump, and there was a mass exodus from ICC due to the Assault Dread being bumped to Admiral Rank. PB remained mostly MV and gained their prestige by playing, rather then gaining more members, however, they were still recruiting. GTN started recruiting to gain prestige, and the sad part is they mainly recruited FA-bound people. Thus, GTN went from MV Active to FA active to mostly inactive. After a few months of this, both fleets started getting hit by an inactivity slump (Something most fleets go through, Hell, Agents have gone through about 12 of them already)

PB kinda fell off the deep end and most of their players either went inactive or just left. GTN mostly went inactive, until they recruited most of the S.W guys in, and then it seems they have started falling apart again, due to the recent UGTO exodus, including BSS and SA leaving for Kluth and ICC respectivly.

Right now, Most fleets/factions are being hit by inactivity, due to the patch.

Seems PB has started coming back to life (For how long, not sure, its up to them)

Any Fleet can decide to do what they want. Even though I dont agree with what GTN has done in the past, its their decision, not mine or anyone elses.

And just to let ya know, PB has held onto number one with having over half their fleet inactive or unsubbed, Just because their prestige is counted, doesn't mean they are really `here`,

- |2eason -

[-[A]-]|2eason the retired

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
Page created in 0.026892 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR