Combat Kills

Combat kills in last 24 hours:
No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

Search

Anniversaries

No anniversaries today.

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Diplomacy » » Funny thing happened...well, guess you had to be there...
 Author Funny thing happened...well, guess you had to be there...
Juxtapose
Grand Admiral
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2003-04-22 22:22   
So, I was in Lelande with a nice collection of my peers, holding off a couple waves of K'luth attackers. We had just repelled the 2nd wave and the survivors were all getting refitted, when I had a stellar idea.

I thought: Why not get repairs, and then move to deep space where I can sit and wait for their next attack and then jump them from the rear... We were slightly outnumbered and it seemed that with each assault our numbers lessened.

So, I plot a jump to deep space, roughly 15,000gu from the cluster we were defending (not too far that I couldn't jump back in under 10 secs), and off I go. Brooksie, without my knowing, had put me on follow, so he came out with me. Once out of jump, I replace my reactor with my EccM just to take a peek...

Well...all of a sudden a half dozen Red Diamonds appear in a semi-circle around me. Mercy Only my luck would place a seemingly random jump into deep space into the center of the Kluth fleet.

I distressed like mad and started the engins up. Brooksie, who said he was watching Oprah at the time (and why would anyone lie about that), heard a long string of BEEPS and rushed to his computer to find himself fleeing a small horde of K'luth...He was on follow and I was running like a... a... I'll take a stab at a word that I'm sure none of you would ever equate with my, most prestigeous of names... like a coward.

The Rest of the fleet jumped into the fray, Brooksie took control of his ship and I nearly broke the keyboard as I stabbed my e-jump key with all the passion of a drowning...man/woman.

Just thought I should share.

(incidentally, I did rejoin the fray...I only run when it is clear that there is no hope in staying. In those endless seconds while my speed slowly increased and my Drive recharged, I watched as 4 sets of Cl2000's and Elf beams hit each of my Armor plates. Pretty neat to watch all 5 armor slots go from 100% to 0% in under 5 secs.)

Medicated for your pleasure

[ This Message was edited by: Juxtapose on 2003-04-22 22:24 ]

JackSwift
Cadet
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2003-04-22 22:30   
Ur funny Jux...

\"Errare Human Est.\"

Email JackSwift
Thrie
Fleet Admiral
Raven Warriors

Posted: 2003-04-22 22:47   
Rofl that has got to be the worst moment of your DS life
what a chance of a life time!
plotting random course into deep space and only to find red diamonds appearing all around you lol

Never leave your ship AFK in MV. YOu never know what might happen lol even just to take a leak at the restroom you'll find your ship down to 40% hull when you come back

Email Thrie
UberBrooksie
Cadet
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2003-04-22 22:51   
Bah Jux lies, i did have him on follow, but i saved his butt from all those mean kluth using my patented moving target technique.

And so what ophra is a great show

Quistis {C?}
Cadet
Evil Empires Inc.

Posted: 2003-04-22 22:58   
LOL cute story

Demorian
Fleet Admiral
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2003-04-22 23:03   
That my friend, was freakinhilarious. Not just hilarious, or freakin hilarious, but freakinhilarious.

-Dem

Axianda The Royal
Fleet Admiral
Terra Squadron

Posted: 2003-04-23 04:32   
ROFL.

you think you were surprised i think the bugs we're stunned by you for a couple of minutes

- Axi

Spiritlift
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2003-04-23 04:41   
So it was only a mistake hey Teach you for trying to sneak up on us ..
hehe Funny Account though .. I ONLY lost 8 Modded ships in that battle last night ..
Was Fun though

Goto the website of Spiritlift
UberBrooksie
Cadet
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2003-04-23 10:56   
yes we loved seeing luth fire ruptors

Page created in 0.013592 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR