Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
06/01/24 +3.2 Days

Search

Anniversaries

23th - Faustus
23th - Pantheon

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Developer Feedback » » gunship what ship FAs need
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
 Author gunship what ship FAs need
wardog
Vice Admiral

Posted: 2003-06-29 21:29   
What would be the point of Kluth getting PD of any kind at all Gods?? Why would ya need it?

Yours by far was the funniest post, still cant stop laughing. Since what you CANT SEE, cant be targeted. Therefore rendering PD useless on a Kliuth ship. ECM forts, cloaking and ECM slots on ships are your best defence. That and auto repair fixes J-drive 1st. So running is the second best defence.

Dog out.............

4cemje
Cadet

Posted: 2003-06-30 02:11   
Quote:

On 2003-06-29 21:29, wardog wrote:
What would be the point of Kluth getting PD of any kind at all Gods?? Why would ya need it?

Yours by far was the funniest post, still cant stop laughing. Since what you CANT SEE, cant be targeted. Therefore rendering PD useless on a Kliuth ship. ECM forts, cloaking and ECM slots on ships are your best defence. That and auto repair fixes J-drive 1st. So running is the second best defence.

Dog out.............

You ever heard of attacking? Well thats where your PD comes to use. ECM Fort=Planet, the Planet regardless if your are ICC, K'Luth, or UTGO will take care of any PD concerns(with or without cloaking). As for cloaking, the way the system is set up now it is entire useless offensively, you may not realize this but K'Luth ships have 1 or none special slots, while humans generally have upwards of 1. As for *running*, in what way could we even get near a cluster like say Maurbon if our PD constitutes the act of Jumping out?

Mr tinkles anti wibblinator
Cadet

Posted: 2003-06-30 21:22   
I just though up soemthing else to cope with the having to be stopped to fire the front and back guns would be able to fire at full power but they would not to the +3 damage of a regular PSi cannon they would only get a 1 and a half increase of power.

Goto the website of Mr tinkles anti wibblinator
Thrie
Fleet Admiral
Raven Warriors

Posted: 2003-06-30 23:36   
here what FA needs.... Super Scouts!a scout that mounts 2 Anti-Capital ship weapon... of course these would be Unguided warheads. And im thinking they cannot be shot down... yeah, i'd say it'll probably be at least at speed say 15gu and must be fired 300gu away or bit more. (At the beginning, my idea was that the Warhead goes as fast as the Scout was when it launched the warhead. And was aimed Manually, meaning Rather you targeted anything or not, the Warhead will always be launched and head Forward. That means Straight ahead from the Scout. Not off to the side a little or what ever. The kind of the Classical Dive bomber feeling.)

I like my the earlier idea better, Classical Dive Bomber style. Its kinda too easy just to head toward planet, Turn, hit fire and then run away. Much more prefer having to turn and aim by yourself(or use the FOLLOW command to aim) get into firing range (between 500-300) and drop load... then run away. Its a risk, cuz if Other smaller class of vessel is in the area, and they got some kind of Anti-Fighter weapon (like Flak cannon for Weapon slot! w00t if that ever happen) then the Scout is as good as dead. I mean even torps can murder a scout... i did, i just fired my torps at a scouts, Det it and the scout goes Boom.

(im so into these Anti-Capital/Anti-Fighter weapon system thing i doubt this idea would work. Everyone is already complaining about this overpowered and all... dont need any more stronger ships.)

Email Thrie
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
Page created in 0.020867 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR