Combat Kills

Combat kills in last 24 hours:
No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

Search

Anniversaries

14th - wolf420

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Developer Feedback » » The Raider, Privateer and Scourge & the Pirate Space Station [updated for 1.481]
 Author The Raider, Privateer and Scourge & the Pirate Space Station [updated for 1.481]
Juxtapose
Grand Admiral
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2003-06-29 20:22   
Each faction would get a specialized ship...using exsisting ship models, if need be (or old ones that aren't used...if there are any). They would also have the limited ability to change their signal to appear friendly to enemy ships...how limited and all that, I have no idea...

Stock Ships:

Raider This would be the ICC version of a Pirate. A modified Hvy Tranny. 1 Hvy Armor (Front) 4 Reactive Shields, 2 CL1000, 1 CL550, 3 Fusion Torps. 2 Rail Guns and 2 Special Slots. 12 Cargo Hold. The infantry it drops on Starports takes random Products. Dropped on a Hub, Dome it kills 2 Pop. On a mine, it grabs metals. Inf dropped on Enemy, it starts a transfer of material in the hold and attempts to capture.

Privateer Evil Government's sanctioned pirates (ugto). Heavy Tranny. 4 Hvy Armor. 12 Cargo Hold. 1 CL1000. 1 FLuX Beam. 1 CL300. 1 Particle Cannon. 1 Emp.1 Flux Wave. 1 Other special. 2 Torps. 1 EMP mine. Its meant to disable ships to raid them. The infantry it drops on Starports takes random Products. Dropped on a Hub, Dome it kills 2 Pop. On a mine, it grabs metals. Inf dropped on Enemy do 3X system damage and of course, can capture the ship.

Scourge Kluth Pirate. Advanced Carrier. 1 Hvy Armor (full), 1 Lt Armor (full). 12 Cargo Hold. 2 Disrupters (medium Beam). 3 Psi Missles. 3 Psi Cannons. Tractor Beam. ECM. Cloak. Bug Reloading thingy. Inf does the same thing as everything else...BUT Inf dropped on Farms bring organic material that automatically repairs a certain # of Hull damage when used.

All of these ships would come with extremely low Signature ratings so they can get really close to enemy ships/planets without detection.

Specialized Infantry

Perhaps a new Barracks that creates special Infantry, or perhaps modifiers are attached to the Infantry once they come aboard. but:

1. Any Inf dropped from these ships can not capture a planet. Simply strip it. Not only to they take what they can hold, but they also destroy a great deal that they cant hold. So, you get the money, the enemy has less resources available.

2. Your Infantry will also have a raised level of Ship Capture Ability. say, a + 5% modifier

Ship Yard Piracy

Drop your infantry on an enemy Shipyard and the potential for highjacking one of the Ships stored there, at random is raised. Now, these ships would not simply vanish, no sir. They would come out as AI following the ship that captured them and firing at any enemy. If the Pirate/human controlled ship, gets destroyed, the AI controlled Pirate either goes Yellow or goes whereever ships go when they are captured. The point is, though: You get lucky and a Dread pops out of the Shipyard, that sucker is going to defend you (of course, you will probably end up with a Engineer)

Asteroid Pirate Space Docks The impossible dream

An Asteroid Pirate Space dock is manufactured in the same way as a Platform would be. The difference being, the graphics used would be that of a rather large Asteroid. It could be built wherever, but since it comes with no automated defense, I would suggest either far away from traveled space or in an Asteroid Belt!

Of course, if close enough, it will appear with a yellow Diamond, as all asteroids do, but will say: Pirate Asteroid Base…the Asteroid will also come equipped with several ECM to help make it difficult to spot as well as certain sets of pre-made Pirate (as in, yellow, everyone is prey, depending on your mood) Fleets.

See below for necessary requirements

Heres what you do: The GA with the necessary badges builds the thing with his engineer ship and a small mountain of Metals and resources needed (hence building it in an asteroid belt…metals on hand). Once built, s/he clicks on the Use Shipyard button and is taken to a Fleet Selection Screen. (same as ship, but comes with ready made tabs to choose from)

Fleets are sets of certain ships, about 4 – 8 ships in each (depending on the available resources). All are AI piloted, but controlled by the player from the Nav Screen, safely ensconced within your Asteroid.

Fleet Types

The Mainstay Pirate Fleet: A couple Dessy’s, maybe a Cruiser thrown in for fun and an Interdictor. Meant for picking off lone ships…laying traps and pillage.

The Raider Fleet: A couple Pirate Class Raider/Privateers/Scourges, maybe a sensor frigate and a cruiser. Meant for Raiding Enemy planets and bringing back the booty for your Asteroid Empire…and for raiding the enemy…or friends…

The Pillagers: The most expensive and costly fleet to have. Cruisers, Destroyers, and a Dread or two. Meant to engage a well defended area or enemy; bomb planets and just cause trouble.

1. These AI Fleets are Commanded but not controlled by you.
2. They are like the Fighters you control, they cost you personal Resource Loss but their success pads your Stats.
3. You control them through the Special Asteroid Nav Screen. They come out Yellow (which is why you are in the Asteroid, cause they could attack you otherwise.)
4. They will not attack ships unless attacked themselves, so they can assist your faction or attack it.
5. If you leave the Asteroid while they are out and about, they will automatically choose the quickest and most direct route home
6. They will not defend the Base, which has no Defense and about the Hit Point Strength of a regular Platform; No pirates spawn from one of these unless a Player is in the shipyard
7. Only the builder of the Pirate Base can control it. It appears on the Nav map for them, highlighted like a Shipyard, but circled in Blue.

Overall Requirements for all of this crap

Bronze Boarding Medal: 5 ships

Silver Boarding Medal: 10 Ships. This + Captain and Silver Transport = The ability to fly the Raider, Privateer and Scourge

Gold Boarding Medal: 20 Ships. This + All Gold = Pirates Skull and Bones Medal.

Pirates Skull and Bones Medal + Grand Admiral Rank = The ability to command AI Pirate Fleets out of Asteroid Pirate Space Docks.

Anyway…if these were possible, wouldn’t it be neat to have random, AI ones in Asteroid bases…kinda like Gaifen.

I type with my tongue

[ This Message was edited by: Juxtapose the Incontinent on 2004-03-29 10:36 ]

Protossrule
Midshipman

Posted: 2003-06-29 20:32   
Great Idea. I would, however, add another EMP Cannon(back) on the UGTO pirate ship to discourage pursuers

[ This Message was edited by: Great Gaifen on 2003-06-29 20:33 ]

Email Protossrule
UnknownWarrior
Grand Admiral
Raven Warriors

Posted: 2003-06-29 20:52   
This actually sounds like a good idea IMO, it would give a new twist to this game actually....Also give some of the more independent people(hinting to the people who dont want to be in a fleet)can do what any independent person would do, also could give way to Mercenaries which wouldnt be half bad either

Email UnknownWarrior
DaMadCow
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2003-06-29 21:59   
I like the idea. But my spin on it would be would be the ships would be neutral or something.

The way that spys work nowadays are the government commissions them but then they are on their own right?

So maybe we have the ships spawn out of the shipyard/jumpgate and after that they become non aligned or become a new "merchant race".

However Jux's idea is great. Either way something like this needs to be put in for those that dont simply wanna jump in a ship and fight head on with other people.

ADDED: Also maybe all pirates from a faction could see each other...this way setting up a pirate network. Im probably just getting carrier away now.

Perhaps pirates could actually capture planets. But leave the current government K'luth, ICC or UGTO as like puppet rulers. This way pirates can set up a base of operations from which to terrorize the locals.

[ This Message was edited by: DaMadCow*CPT* on 2003-06-29 22:05 ]

Email DaMadCow
DaMadCow
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2003-06-30 02:17   
bump

Email DaMadCow
Pope
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2003-06-30 03:48   
wait for the diplomacy system, keep those things in mind when designing it, then expand on that..

Axianda The Royal
Fleet Admiral
Terra Squadron

Posted: 2003-06-30 05:35   
wow me like a lot.

great idea.

1 more thing then.

IF you raid a starport and an ICC gets his hands on some nice juicy PSI cannons. we should be able to install them.

no more Bug tech planets you want nmy tech? RAID IT.

- Axi

g0ds s0ldier
Grand Admiral
Pitch Black

Posted: 2003-06-30 05:42   
its not everday you see a Idea that involes Kluth getting something to a Equal extent as Humans, most of the time people dont even Mention kluth for ideas..i like your idea tho, i think its great.

Juxtapose
Grand Admiral
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2004-03-29 09:14   
I was cruising the old posts and decided to update this, in my opinion, steller idea!

Doran
Chief Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2004-03-29 09:30   
Quote:

Specialized Infantry

Perhaps a new Barracks that creates special Infantry, or perhaps modifiers are attached to the Infantry once they come aboard. but:

1. Any Inf dropped from these ships can not capture a planet. Simply strip it. Not only to they take what they can hold, but they also destroy a great deal that they cant hold. So, you get the money, the enemy has less resources available.

2. Your Infantry will also have a raised level of Ship Capture Ability. say, a + 5% modifier

SpecOps, 5:00 build time, 125hp, gets on to enemey planets covertly (much less likely to get shot by planet pd), randomly disables/destroys defbases and other vital installations....

0mni
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2004-03-29 09:34   
I love the idea, but I would have to agree with the idea that the players, useing these ships, would be of a neutral status. One thing you could add is when diplomacy, is in play, that players would be able to decide if they want to be allies or enemies, and you could also lock the persons diplomatic status to a certain rank, just as you lock planets. But you would have to give the mercenary ships time to evacuate the enemy space when you designate the person from friend or foe, so you couldnt exploit the system.

IE: easy killing if you ask a mercenary to come to a certain location, and you automatically designate the person as enemy and start attacking without any provacation.

Of course one problem I forsee is the chat system as you wont be able to talk directly to the other factions all at once. So new codeing would have to be developed. IE: /[Neutral, ICC, UGTO, K'Luth, Yell, Fleet, Target] in order to compensate for the neutral party. And also the ships would be able to spawn at any home gate AND ONLY the homegates, unless docked at other shipyards.

IE: if you wanted a K'Luth mercenary ship you would spawn at the K'Luth home gate, and would be the same if you wanted ICC or UGTO.

Just a few ideas that come to mind when I read this. But I would most definitly like to see this happen.

Goto the website of 0mni
0mni
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2004-03-29 09:41   
Quote:

On 2004-03-29 09:30, Doran wrote:

SpecOps, 5:00 build time, 125hp, gets on to enemey planets covertly (much less likely to get shot by planet pd), randomly disables/destroys defbases and other vital installations....

Why not make the Infintry untargetable by point def, I mean it is Spec Ops, but unable to capture planets. So you could have a whole new system where you are able to have 32 Regular INF and 16 Spec Ops Inf. BUT you could not excede the 32 Regular INF if you have 0 Spec Ops.

So when you build baracks and the INF are approching 32 it would not exceed the limit no matter what but would allow for the creation of Spec Ops. I hope I explained it well enough for you to understand. I'm in a rush so can't go into much more detail but will try to post another if someone doesnt understand from this explanation.

ALSO the mercenary ships would automatically come with 2 LIGHT Spec Ops, yes you heard it LIGHT. So the Spec Ops Barracks would create both LIGHT and HEAVY units. IE Heavy Units would capture more then LIGHT units, pretty much self explanitory.

heheh I have lots and lots of ideas so more to come when I have more time to think about the subject.

Goto the website of 0mni
Juxtapose
Grand Admiral
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2004-03-29 10:38   
Ok...truly updated now with the addition of the Pirate Space Station/Asteroid Space Dock

Page created in 0.032526 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR