Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +2.0 Days

Search

Anniversaries

20th - Relient
19th - Entil-Zha the Starkiller

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Fan Fiction » » ICC Take Earth + Vengance Strike
 Author ICC Take Earth + Vengance Strike
Lith Ragond
Cadet
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2003-07-01 11:58   
An account a while ago of when the ICC captured Earth.

It was late evening on the NSS Iringul, Admiral Lith Ragond was sitting down for his dinner, tired from the invasion of Barnards Star that had comenced that morning.

Chatting with my friend, The Griffin, about how we should proceed, when all of the sudden my comunique was interupted. The screen went static, you could hear a voice on the other end.
"Comm, could you PLEASE clear up the interferance!"
The picture cleared just enough to see the face of Hermie, a member of the BSS.
His voice came across, loud and urgently,
"This is an emergency broadcast to all members of the GTN, an ICC invasion force has penetrated Earth Defenses, they are landing troops, please return home ASAP!"

There was no thought in my mind of what to do, I repeated his message on the Official GTN Network.
Then I opened a broadband comunique to all near, "I will see you there friends!"
Griff knew what i was thinking, he tried to stop me, but i had already opened a line to my ship, "Crew prepare for instant transport back to Sol, BRACE FOR IMPACT!"

The UGTO had recently come across a new technology, mainly in part due to our very recent capture of the Epsilon Eri system by the GoP, though their intentions were under skrutiny. A sort of wormwhole could be created directly beneath your ship, by adding a component to the AMJ, and then reversing all power input, this wormwhole could take you instantly back to a predifined point, SOL. Most Captains did not dare retrofit their ship in this way, but a few of us had.

The catch to this tech was that your ship would sustain heavy damage, an equivalent to having a station SD 75 gu away from you.
Having warned my crew, I punched the quant little red button near my compad. In the blink of an eye, the lights were out, and i was getting damage reports from throughout the ship.

I punched up the view of Earth from Luna and saw the devastation, fires were sweeping over Africa and Asia, I could see the ICC landing craft heading back to their ships after dropping off their troops.

My blood boiled.

My comm crackled "Engine room reporting sir, ready to go, lead us where you may sir."
However much I wanted to jump to Earth and blow the ICCs only Assault Dread to pieces, I knew Earth wouldnt benifit from it.

Instead I made the quick jump to Mercury and loaded troops on, they had been waiting for any sort of transport. My ship was slow in turning towards Earth, you could FEEL the anxiety in the air to help our home. The jump was made, and we felt the jolt of being stopped by and Interdictor, we were sure it was the one on Earth.

As we punched our engines into overdrive, a few ICC cruisers took notice. There were plenty of ICC over the comm channels whooping that they had done it.
My crew were scrambling to get all our system online, as it was, the ship couldn't sustain much damage, we were already taking fire from a few of our own Defensive Bases, the ICC must have been acting quickly.

As i neard to 250 gu from Earth orbit, a high ranking ICC officer, came on the com, through Earths Broadcasting channel.
"UGTO, and most especially you, GTN," the arrogance in his voice made all my blood evaporate, and i became nothing but a cold hearted machine, "Earth is now officialy under ICC control. Thank you."
By the time the message had finished, we were under fire by two IDF cruisers.

"SIR READY TO DROP TROOPS!"
There was something that needed to be done, "Put me on with the head officer of our infantry."
Seconds later, "Commander Lews Therin REPORTING SIR!"
It was an old friend, "Lews, wish I could chat, but no time to talk, I want you to find that ICC officer, and cut his head clean off for me would you?"
"Lith...? Damn, didnt realize this was the Iringul. You know it'll happen."

"Thank you."

As the last troop transport was launched I turned back to Mercury. The cruisers were still firing on us, but staying out of range of anything but torps. Somehow, the ship stayed together.
Help was arriving, Rogue Spear had also used the wormwhole tech to get back quickly, and was chasing off ICC, the fleet BSS also had a fair presence, and were taking out ICC.

As I picked up more troops from Mercury, I had a report that the ICC had razed most every non defensive structure on Earth. There was nothing I could do. I plotted a P Jump to put me right in orbit, there was no Interdictor, as I had suspected.

Having exhausted the Elite troops on Mercury I turned to Venus.
They wondered what had taken me so long. On my jump back to Earth, there he was, RolandGS, landing more troops, "Thank God for you." was the only thanks I could send him at the time.

As the last Venutian troops were exiting their transports, the Earth Broadcasting channel crackled to life, there, for everyone to see was the head of the ICC who, merely hours earlier proclaimed Earth under ICC control. And holding the head up was Lews, "Boyz you'll be glad to know that Earth is ours again!"

Now, knowing Earth was safe for the time, I could turn by attention to the ICC. But there were none in system, they had turned tail and ran.
Let them run, I thought for we shall give chase as has never been seen before.

The very instant that thought was finished, I sent out a general broadcast to every single UGTO fleet out there.
The message:

"We shall strike back, to thier very heart, and God be willing, it will lbe the end of them. "

The message was relayed that we would be fleeting at the Ross 248 Gate in Luyten, and be sure to pick any troops up.
I raced through each system, passing damaged ships, and chunks of debris that could only have been ICC.

As I entered Luyten I was hailed by every planet and planetary tranny, thanking me, and volunteering troops to take on this historic raid.
I chose Mycopia, the flag planet of Luyten, their troops would be some of the first to set feet upon the home world of the ICC, Exathra.

As I loaded troops aboard, ship after ship spilled out of the Van Maanen gate, a few even came from Epsilon Ind, those that had been too far away, or under heavy repairs from the constant fighting in that system.

It was determined that the largest postion of the fleet had arrived, many captains of their ships were awed at the size, for years the UGTO had fought in small tactical fleets, nothing like this had been seen for decades, and with that knowledge I gave the command and we entered the Ross 248 Gate, and into ICC Space.

[ This Message was edited by: Lith Ragond on 2003-07-01 23:02 ]

[ This Message was edited by: Lith Ragond on 2003-07-01 23:11 ]

g0ds s0ldier
Grand Admiral
Pitch Black

Posted: 2003-07-01 12:13   
I guess UGTO should go take Exath?

Lith Ragond
Cadet
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2003-07-01 17:45   
actually, that was a fictional representation to an actual battle in the MV, i have the retaliation to that written somewhere, but it was done pretty poorly, i'll post it when i get home from work.

Lith Ragond
Cadet
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2003-07-01 23:11   
Here is the end part, slightly revised, but not much, too horrible of a writing to try to resurect.

As I exited the Luyten gate, a lone IDF cruiser, under the command of Eochu Mugmedon, was caught off guard, and with no blood in my veins, I ruthlessly pounded his cruiser to dust. Much of the fleet exited as the cruiser exploded into million of peices. A welcome sign.

As the fleet began pouring out of the gate, i gave the command to make way straight through Cygnus, and onto the CD gate.

Throughout this time, lone ICC ships unknowingly jumped into the dictor field gladly supplied by IceMan. They were pounced by several dreads, they sadly never had a chance.

Arriving at the Cyg/CD gate, the fleet was growing restless, and I knew we couldnt wait for any more reinforcements, they would have to survive on their own. So we headed into the ICC home system

As the fleet exited, and had its first taste of true ICC space, we were overly anxious. Luckily Griffin stepped up and chose a point of attack on Exathra, coming in from the oppisite side of its moon.

The invasion commenced, our fleet jumped Exathra, moved in, and it was capped in less time than we had spent in system.

Very shortly afterward, the ICC fleet showed up. The ICC took a pounding for the first while, but UGTO were taking light damage, though, my ship, having been in the middle of the fray, had to emergency jump out. Unfortunantly, my navigator failed to realize that we were pointed directly at a cluster of ICC planets. Our jump was stopped short.

I knew the moment we came out of hyper space we were dead. I ordered an emergency evacuation of the ship, though I stayed behind. Cruisers were coming in from every direction, with my systems down there was no hope.

But just then, Varzadium in a supply ship jumped in. Though he was too late to save my ship, he saved my crew.
As my ship neared critical mass, Varz came over the come.
"Lith, the UGTO will need you too much in the coming days. Please for the sake of humanity, get in an escape pod!"
"Sorry old friend, but with my ship goes me."
"Not if I can help it," came a voice from behind me. I turned, and there he was, in the flesh.
"Weahters, what are you doing, your gonna get yourself killed here."
"I am making sure the GTN and UGTO dont lose one of their most valued Admirals, hell, i am making sure I dont lose a friend. And because i know you'd never leave your ship..." he pulled out a stun gun, and shot me.

As for the rest of the battle, the ICC had expected it, though we had returned the favor of decimating their capital world, the UGTO fleet came to the same fate as that of the ICC who had been at Earth, completely wiped out.

ok, it's crap i know, i wrote it... oh, must be over a year ago, and in MUCH haste at the time, PLEASE dont judge my writing skills by this

'A1Tyrael
Cadet

Posted: 2003-07-02 01:11   
Bravo!

Hello Joe! ;)

.spaivxx.
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2003-07-02 02:14   
cool story....i give you and all the other writers credit cause ive outlined stories ive never started, and started stories ive never finished...so cudos......but.....1 thing....how did troops survive being stationed on mercury?

Lith Ragond
Cadet
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2003-07-02 10:02   
LOL, domes smart one sheesh

Page created in 0.021876 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR