05/25/24 +5.5 Days
- Weekly DarkSpace
05/25/24 +6.2 Days

Search

Anniversaries

22th - Enterprise
21th - Hobbyte

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Developer Feedback » » Im Worried
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
 Author Im Worried
Fatal Command (CO)
Marshal
Fatal Squadron

From: over here in New York noticing some ppl are like canoes.....they need to be paddled.
Posted: 2003-07-06 05:48   
well.........heres my 2 cents worth and I am worried to...this is one of the last few games I have found worth paying for..
so.
an opinon to start it..
thoughts to finish it....

and dont even worry over "getting my goat".....thats how old I am.....

......yes i do feel kluth over balanced when compared to the balance between ICC and UGTO....we have different ships......different tech......but......a skilled pilot of either faction can kill with his ship...just has to fly and shoot better than his opponet.kluth ships outrun(go faster)...out gun(more hvy beams)....cloak class for class..and repair (on bigger ships..which is fine but they also reload).personally....only a supply or station should be able to do both...a 1 on 1 battle..meaning strictly 1 ship on 1 ship does not involve as much skill for the kluth player....as for the ICC UGTO players,for the siplle reason they will run out of ammo.....kluth will not......they will die from damage....kluth will not....IF the battle is between 2 players of equal skill....
when you factor in the lag lately..it almost always negates the skill and leaves most hits as deciding factor on who kills who...keep the different tech....but equal the classes.....or rather bring classes to what they should be...for example......ICC have a heavy cruiser....with 2 light beams...so whats the heavy part......ship weight?Assault Cruiser...1 hvy....2 light...
wheres the assault part figure in.....to me that IS a hvy cruiser...now the assault destroyer......its just right.....good combo of light and heavy....maybe one more special slot....(just a thought)and oh...lets not even compare trannies....kluth could wipe all out if it was tranny vs tranny....(actually saw a kluth tranny kill an AC...skilled pilot that one was or wanst..lol)but even for all the bad in the game.....am still here......but getting close to the sit back and wait part...dont change the tech.....balance the classes.....make a tranny a tranny....a dessie a dessie...cruiser a cruiser and a dread a dread...I like the special tech.......not the wrong classes....1 eccm should negate1ecm..igger ships......more special slots.....smaller ships...less....like the extractor bit that got changed.....ppl using em for tranies but loading pulse shields in em.....wasnt right...you fixed that.....which in my opinion was a perfect fix....
if you keep the fighters..make em fighters....not lil "buzz me's that do nothing but lag us out...and make mines mines....lil ships go boom...big ships limp....that is all.......going off and relax a while..

Email Fatal Command (CO)
Darksworde
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2003-07-06 08:33   
Just wanted to point out a few things to try and swing this conversation back to the intent that spiritlift originally intended it.

Firstly, Im not going to get into the debate about which faction has the most uber ships. I have my own thoughts on this as do others and I believe we have all expended the necessary time in forum media on this subject.

However, looking forward to the new patch, what I imagine will happen is a re-distribution of the top end players between the factions. This will in fact be a good thing as at current there is no denying that the majority of the active MV Playerbase is with the Kluth Faction atm.

However, this still does not deal with the real problem we have atm, the sheer number of players we have at any one time in this game. Im going to include the part-time players (Inactive or otherwise) for camp the lobby, the Scenario Players and of course the active players.

The numbers are of course approximate, however I see on average 20 ppl sat in the lobby and around 40 ppl distributed between the FA and MV Servers. This gives us a number of 60ppl who will be playing at any1 time. A number that is no where near sufficient enough to power this game to what it can be.

Now, all this 'heated debate' in the lobby does not aid our cause. We are in fact driving players away, not only from the lack players and imbalances, perceived or otherwise, but the constant negative posts we are all making is in no way helping whatsoever.

Therefore, can I suggest that ppl at least think, before they write, rephrase it and be constructive, not jumping on the flamewagon like so many ppl have chosen to do recently.

Come on guys, if we carry on like this, we will be condemning the game we all love or loved at one time.

Email Darksworde   Goto the website of Darksworde
Strom"DaBum"Moon
Cadet
ExtraTerrestrial Space Bums

Posted: 2003-07-06 12:40   
I have to agree with Dark there.
I like this game and have a lot of fun playing it. I truely think the only imballance in this game is the player base.

Before I get off on a rant. ICC and UGTO players are very good when they play. For example the near total wipe out of the kluth about a week or two ago. However and for what ever reason they stopped. It gave us a chance to regroupe and strike back plain and simple. So we took advantage of it and retook our systems. At that point we weren't getting much resistance so we pushed on and took more systems.

I understand how disheartening that can be. Alass instead of fighting back (some do, most dont) you post about what unfair advantages your enemy has that you dont. Or you sit in the lobby or play on FA servers which do not help those fighting to hold or retake your systems. As I type this post i'am counting 18 non-kluth players sitting in the lobby doing nothing and i'm sure there is at least that in FA.

My point is this if you dont fight you WILL allways lose to those that are willing to fight! Even for those of us that play kluth it's no fun if you dont try and dont help each other. I can understand why vets are going to kluth or leaving. If you team wont help whats the point of tring. If kluth see any enemy anywhere we call for help and it comes. So I guess what i'm tring to say is help your team by fighting when and as offten as you can. you will see a differance in the game. otherwise look forward to the MV being our playground till the game go tank.

Please dont let that happen!

Thanks for reading and hopfully you'll be in my weapons range soon!

Pakhos[+R]
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2003-07-06 13:07   
Yesterday i and my friends were playing in cyg system. we were outnumbered like 1/4. like 16 icc and 4 kluth. We were not able to use ECM fort because icc planet was in ECCM range.But my good friend IceMech said "look they wont attack us until 75 % of icc log!" LoL guess what ? in 20 mins left 1 icc and we were 5 kluth.

So whats the point?

u guys suck:)

g0ds s0ldier
Grand Admiral
Pitch Black

Posted: 2003-07-06 13:10   
Spirit...

If Larks posts in your topics bother you so much, Request for a Mod to edit/erase her text...they do it to me when the Topic poster requests my text to be edited/erased...i suggjest you do that m8, we all know she talks a good one and nothing more, dont let it get to you, just do whats right and dont let things bring you down to a agruement level.

JackSwift
Cadet
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2003-07-06 13:52   
Quote:

On 2003-07-06 05:42, Barthezzz The Janitor wrote:

Complaining about disrespect and then doing it twice as much?

I forgot what’s that’s called but it’s sad anyway. Of course then again, a lot of K'luth seem to be suffering from this.

It's called being a hypocrit (sp?).

Stromberg, I appreciate your non-flame post and tips, but the only way the human factions are going to have a decent playerbase is if all the human vets that switched to kluth come back, or just a massive amount of noobs spot this game advertised on C-net and say "Hey, ICC have blinkers! Let's play with them!" But that won't really happen because there are so few people in the world that will play for the losing team for a prolonged period of time.

On a side note I would like to thank the few kluth vets who realize that capping a ton of planets with hives isn't that hard and don't wave it in front of everyone's faces. Instead of gloating or saying "u guys suck" and "what a bunch of sore loosers" they try to save the DS gameplay. Eventually almost every human will leave DS or go lobster until the patch comes out, but in the meantime I would like to salute those aforementioned K'luth.

/me stands to attention and gives Darksworde a sharp salute.

/me stands to attention and gives Stromberg moon a sharp salute.

\"Errare Human Est.\"

Email JackSwift
Intrepid
Cadet

Posted: 2003-07-06 13:56   
Can't wait untill all the K'luth have left is a Tallon with nothing but a gauss gun. No engines, no armor, no nothing. Just gauss. We'll come out of our home gate and just have to sit there like lemmings with our legs chopped off, and we won't even be able to use our one gauss gun. Maybe if we're close enough we can play telephone with each other?

g0ds s0ldier
Grand Admiral
Pitch Black

Posted: 2003-07-06 14:07   
Thats how it might look soon...

Neo*The*Wicked {C?}
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2003-07-06 14:09   
I being called a whiner well maybe i must say that is did sound that way but take a look in the past never have i posted something to that effect before there just comes a time when i have heard enuff. As far as being called a person who kills his own team i will have to say NO to that. I have no idea where you come up with that ridiculos remark from. I personally have no beef with anyone here on this game but it seems there ar a couple out there whom do with me great dosent bother me one bit. The main diffrence is i come here to unwind after a day at work. not to hear kluth is superior or flux is uber. I cant belive no one else is sick to death or the constant banter. Hey i love this game and would like to see it become more than what it is now. Being a moderator here i tend to hear alot of diffrent stories from each side of the table i really dont care what happens in the balance patch but for god's sake give it a rest and have fun. Now responces to my post will more than definatley get flamed so i say flame on i just cant belive im being persicuted for my first post on this subject lol

Email Neo*The*Wicked {C?}
Neo*The*Wicked {C?}
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2003-07-06 14:13   
Quote:

On 2003-07-05 20:56, Lark of Serenity {C?} wrote:
A) whining and complaining? i suggest u read your own post, u might find something familiar
B) all the factions are being completely changed
C) grow up? this coming from the fellow who FFs his teammates and kills them, then complains in the forum about people complaining. niiiice
D) constant player bickering? u may have noticed most of the complain-sessions start after a kluth player makes some arrogant comment about their faction

have a nice day
to C) i may FF accidentley every once in a while but i do not purposeley kill my teammates. end of story

D) i said nothing arrogant to anyone i was stating the way i felt .

Email Neo*The*Wicked {C?}
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
Page created in 0.037665 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR