No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +6.2 Days

Search

Anniversaries

14th - wolf420

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Tactics & New Players » » HOW TO FLY A DREAD...
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
 Author HOW TO FLY A DREAD...
Lark of Serenity
Grand Admiral
Raven Warriors

Posted: 2004-01-21 16:49   
A) if you really call yourself a sci-fi enthusiast youve seen the first 2 Battle Star: Galactica mini-series episodes. take a hint, if your ship is freaking humungus, it wasnt designed for in and dirty dog fighting, it was designed to stand off and pound things while the smaller ships do the gritty stuff

B) how do *I* fly a dread?
1: i always ALWAYS make sure friendly ships are in a position to assist me if i run into trouble, if your in a situation where your buds cant save you youve made a very big tactical mistake and should be beaten with a gaifen. and if your teammates dont want to help you? get new ones =)

2: if im jumping into a fight, my jump target is always a dread/station thats drifted to the edge of the combat arena. its no good getting yourself put right in the middle of a dogfight where your gonna receive fire from all sides. if no large ships are around i plot a jump thatll land me right on top of a dessie or something so i can alpha the sucker and expect all my shots to hit. and remember, jump to where the ship will be, not where it is.

3: i know perfectly well that point A is true, thats why you usually see me using a dread as an artillery platform. youd be surprised how much u can do like that, ive killed a large amount of stations just sitting still and letting off shots, and almost always get away alive (even if with 1% hull)

4: Dreadnaughts are a team-oriented capital ship. the psychological effect of them is one of safety, so people crowd around them. its also only good when used in a team, if your fighting one on one, chances are your going to lose, if u want an excellent example, take my battle in Sol awhile back;

me in an AD, along with 3 cruisers and a badly built planet, versus 15 dreadnaughts, 3 cruisers and a station. me and the cruisers lay a light minefield infront of the planet to wear down anyone who gets close, i tuck in close to the planet. UGTO fleet jumps in. the cruisers go out and engage the enemy, keeping them away from the planet. i sit still and bombard various targets with heavy fire while being supplied. most of the UGTO target me cause im the biggest, but i dont die because theyre either being picked off by cruisers or the depots on the planet are fixing me too fast. we killed i think 6 enemy combat ships and theyre one station, and lost 1-2 cruisers for it.

the Dreadnaught is a thinking-persons tactical engagement tool, not a really big stick.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
Page created in 0.012983 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR