Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +4.7 Days

Search

Anniversaries

22th - Tellaris
17th - Oskar von Reuenthal

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Developer Feedback » » excuuusssse me {long}
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
 Author excuuusssse me {long}
Allch Chcar
Vice Admiral

Posted: 2003-07-13 01:08   
Its a bad time but I believe that the K'luth are just about fine as they are. Its the human factions that need some tweaking. More armor and better hulls. Yes the K'luth have powerful ships, yes they have cloak and auto-repair. But the k'luth are power hogs and only through skill (such as grouping and only using specific weapons) and plenty of reactors can keep firing continuosly at a target. The first alpha is the majority of the k'luth's attack because once they fire between the reload and energy drain the k'luth may never pull off an attack like that for a good 5-10 seconds if they are sitting still with no cloak.
But the one thing that needs some thought is the drainer and its elf beam (The siphon's elf beam doesn't pose as much threat because it reloads slower than drainer). I believe resetting reloading is messed up. It really bugs me when one drainer can keep resetting my reloading and destroy me by itself. Maybe resetting laser weapons would be better than all weapons because elf wouldn't normally affect non-energy weapons like regular weapons and heavy weapons. Specific energy heavy weapons might get a slower reload but resetting reload is a bit much. The elf beam shouldn't be removed or nerfed. Its great as an energy source on drainers which have very little armor and energy reserves. So it should stay on drainers.
And letting K'luth use cl 2000s is not much of a drawback its other things that make being humans hard. And stopping the humans from using k'luth tech and k'luth from human tech merely hampers things. AM torps are great for anti-k'luth weapons and so are psi-cannons(which is known as the ultimate cannon).
And why do so many people complain that K'luth are uber. So they have some sort of training program in place and/or work good together. Try them, they are weak in 1 vs 1 fights if you pilot correctly. The K'luth need team work just to attack a small fleet. Only when they massively overwhelm fleets do they win. Teamwork, large player base, and uber weapons are about the only thing between k'luth being dominating by humans. For instance the alliance thing that almost crushed k'luth for a day(yes, a one time deal). The only way to beat k'luth is tactics and some teamwork. Humans have the advantages of plenty of energy and weapons that consume less power along with more special slots than k'luth.
So personally I think palestar did a pretty good job balancing out the k'luth with humans. Sure, you can say that the humans shouldn't have to band together to fight the k'luth they should be 1 vs 1 vs 1 not .5 vs .5 vs 1. Think about it, should one whole race fall to half of a lower tech race?
And the k'luth capping entire factions in one night is annoying but what else do they do? They can't do it when the humans are awake, no, they attack at the perfect time, when the guards are asleep.

So while I would like more armor(or shields for icc) and better hulls, maybe some special training course for ugto and icc on fighting k'luth would be better.

I can hear them now the human players chanting
"More armor better hulls!"

Ack! to much grammar and thinking for me. My idea may still need some thought but I had to get something out.

Pimpalicious Nerd {C?}
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2003-07-13 01:10   
yooooooouuuuur exused!

Demorian
Fleet Admiral
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2003-07-13 01:35   
I don't mean this as offense to Allch. I'm just saying it as fact.

Anyone who has this argument has not been around as long as some of us have. They have not seen what DarkSpace can be without the K'luth, or with weather K'luth.

It's a matter of perspective is all.

-Dem

PS. It's the K'luth, not us.

Imaginary Shifty
Midshipman

Posted: 2003-07-13 02:21   
without kluth DS is the best game ever with kluth oh crud theres a drainer better run in my station. scratch the capping plans.

Beyond Imagination Hosted by Twisted Designs

Email Imaginary Shifty   Goto the website of Imaginary Shifty
Barthezzz
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2003-07-13 04:31   
Randomly Rant;
DarkSpace the End of Beta, The Fa server with no timelimit. ICC VS UGTO.
Those were the days!
Two 30 people fleets 2000 Gu apart with Carriers, Missile Dreads and a dicter or 2.

Long range weapons pounding at eachother, then All of a sudden 2 Battle Dreads jump in and get dictered by the ICC Dicter.
ICC Freak out, they start running around. As far away from those 2 dreads as they can. As fast as they can.

Everything was pretty balanced (Factions were pretty equal so...) and people had fun. Balance never got mentioned. People didnt whine. People didnt complain. We had fun

Those were the Days! Oh how i miss beta :'(

Goto the website of Barthezzz
Ragglock
Marshal
BIOnics Industry Syndicate

Posted: 2003-07-13 04:39   
only one thing to say

i still have fun

LOVE the smell of human flesh in the morning smells like MVictory

Goto the website of Ragglock
Imaginary Shifty
Midshipman

Posted: 2003-07-13 05:18   
let me put this in terms everyone can understand

human vs kluth : no dumb idiotic boring dull did i meantin dumb?
human vs human : balanced fun imense fights FUN fights noone bored

and rag your having fun because your kluth.

Beyond Imagination Hosted by Twisted Designs

Email Imaginary Shifty   Goto the website of Imaginary Shifty
Ragglock
Marshal
BIOnics Industry Syndicate

Posted: 2003-07-13 05:52   
i have been playing DS for 2 years now and can truly say no matter what i have been playing icc ugto or kluth , with low or hig player base, out gunned or uber gunned , i have the fun of creating the fun i want no matter the circumstances.

sure that have been down times and up times but i stick with it still the best space combat game around.

eat it

LOVE the smell of human flesh in the morning smells like MVictory

Goto the website of Ragglock
Pussy----kat
Cadet

Posted: 2003-07-13 09:43   
/me thinks about commenting...... thinks some more.... giggles to self.... and doesn't tell anyone why

Email Pussy----kat
Allch Chcar
Vice Admiral

Posted: 2003-07-13 20:42   
@ demorian: no offense taken I've only been here about a year.

But I've seen some of the icc vs ugto fights that many people talk so highly about and yes they are pretty balanced out but they are quite similar ships in some ways. While icc do have some differences. The have many similar things.

This is my perspective. I think the k'luth are powerful but I was merely thinking the icc and ugto should rise up to the k'luths level and not nerf the k'luth to the human level.

And one big disadvantage for icc and ugto is the large K'luth player base. Yeah the k'luth are uber otherwise why would anyone play them? Cloak and auto-repair play major roles in the k'luth's power, but they do have some disadvantages like heavy front weapons with very little starboard, port, and af weapons.

We don't need more weak things like weapons or ships, in my opinion, we need to add something to tip the scale more towards the more powerful side.

How would you know that having k'luth fly uber ships is a bad thing unless you tryed giving the humans ships more equipment to fight them.

Why look back on the days of old time battles when you can fight with new challenges. Maybe giving the humans more armor (than they have now) and somewhat better hulls along with some skilled fights would be just what this game needs. For now.

Why try and revamp the old ds. The human factions may eventually become one whole faction since there will be more alien races and the humans may not be able to compete at all later on unless they permanetly join together.

Anyway thanks for your time. And hope you have a nice day.

g0ds s0ldier
Grand Admiral
Pitch Black

Posted: 2003-07-13 21:23   
Human ships dont need more Armor/Hull..they are fine, Kluth has poor armor but the ships are fine.

Lark of Serenity
Grand Admiral
Raven Warriors

Posted: 2003-07-14 16:29   
er...

so, your saying instead of reducing the weapons power of kluth, we should raise the armour abilities of UGTO/ICC...

A) this has same effect on human V Kluth as reducing their weapons
B) that creates an inbalance between humans since itll take ALOT longer to wear down a human enemies hull...

hope that clears it up for u

Ceridan
Cadet

Posted: 2003-07-14 16:58   
Yes i remeber Beta days. Its been only 2 months that i played and yes kluth can use some exploit.

Yes the cl2k IS an exploit. Why ?, the drainer can use cl2k fast while being cloaked during they go at full speed. Also i dont care that the k'luth dread could carry them BUT destroyers should not. If u remove that, and the ecm/eccm forts then the game will be better, and u will se more ICC/UTGO in mv.

Now u say u have been playing for one year, and dint saw this?, give me a break, I've been here for 2 months and its the same thing as during the time k'luth was active in beta... they have 2 manny advandage. Its not normal that one destroyer can kill 2 cruisers... and yes i saw this.

now going to bed

stuck in Univercity limbo

HellGremlin
Cadet

Posted: 2003-07-15 21:43   
Anyone defending the K'luth and stating they're properly balanced ARE INSANE.

Here are two items of irrefutable proof regarding the K'luth being overpowered:

- First, try playing a Scenario game and getting on the K'luth side. Chances are you won't. Every time a new Scen battle begins, everyone starts mashing the K'luth option hoping to god they'll get in before all the other people doing the same. Why? Because they're overpowered. ICC comes second, and UGTO a distant (and often un-staffed) third. If the K'luth are equally balanced, why does everyone trip over themselves to be K'luth and not UGTO/ICC?

- Second, the HellGremlin test. HellGremlin is a widely known griefer (and sizzling-hot space pirate) who loves picking on targets weaker than himself. To this end, he always picks the K'luth - why? Because K'luth destroyers are a pound-for-pound match for UGTO/ICC Cruisers, often having heavier armor than said cruisers. Because certain K'luth cruisers have the ability to destroy Dreadnoughts in four salvoes of mines. And there's that whole thing about mounting 5 CL2ks on a Destroyer, yeah, that's perfectly in line with the other races.

Unlike the K'luth players around here, I can freely admit that I enjoy playing K'luth because they're overpowered and I kill way more defenceless newbies and engineers while playing as a lobster. ICC comes second, for their beautiful Assault Cruiser and fearsome minelayers, whereas UGTO is damn near useless with their incompetent Torpedo Cruiser and crap mines.

So to restate: If you believe the K'luth are balanced, YOU ARE SICK IN THE HEAD. kthxplzdrvthru.

'Good day, gentlemen. Time to die.' - Attributed to Warmaster
Harlan Stratholme of the UGTO Strategic Command at the Battle
of Procyon, 2267.

Goto the website of HellGremlin
Allch Chcar
Vice Admiral

Posted: 2003-07-21 14:36   
nm anyway. PB joined ugto and now all is well...for the ugto at least. Have a nice day.

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
Page created in 0.028713 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR