Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +4.6 Days

Search

Anniversaries

22th - Tellaris
17th - Oskar von Reuenthal

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Developer Feedback » » Hull based fuel/drone/weapon power values
 Author Hull based fuel/drone/weapon power values
Pentara
Cadet

Posted: 2003-07-16 13:25   
Alright, here is the question. With the dramatic size difference between a station and a cruiser for example, does it make sense that they would mount the same sized cl2k on both ships? I think that perhaps the strength of the weapons mounted should be scaled based on the size of the hull on which they are mounted. Just thought I'd mention that aspect of my idea.

Now here is something more concrete. The quantity of drones in a drone bay and fuel in the fuel bay SHOULD be increased for bigger ships. A station for example is a stand alone platform which needs to be able to support a whole fleet with repairs, supplies and such. How can it do so when it needs half of its 2000 drones just to get anywhere important (reload fuel). I say that the total drones per bay need to be raised from 1000 to either 5000 or even 9999 for a station. Also, the fuel needs to be raised to perhaps 25000 for the station. It burns it so damned fast, at least give it a 400kgu jump distance. (Especially if gates are being removed. Right now it takes 8 jumps to jump directly between some systems in the MV in a station.

At 5 minutes recharge per jump thats 40 minutes just to get to where you are going!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! To get from ONE system to another. This is UNREASONABLE!!! Imagine if you had go through 5 systems!!!!!!!!!

Ceridan
Cadet

Posted: 2003-07-16 13:35   
LOL, they allready raised the fuel from 500(if i remember correcly).

The drone bays are all the same size. BUT a station can equip more of them. Cl2k are a powefull weapon than only a hand full of human ship(and the entire k'luth race) can carry. Every thing are standart... and no i bet it would be dificult to code those, not to mention a waste of time. They should concentrate on the next long awaited patch first.

stuck in Univercity limbo

Barthezzz
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2003-07-16 13:39   
Quote:

On 2003-07-16 13:25, Pentara wrote:
Alright, here is the question. With the dramatic size difference between a station and a cruiser for example, does it make sense that they would mount the same sized cl2k on both ships? I think that perhaps the strength of the weapons mounted should be scaled based on the size of the hull on which they are mounted. Just thought I'd mention that aspect of my idea.

Now here is something more concrete. The quantity of drones in a drone bay and fuel in the fuel bay SHOULD be increased for bigger ships. A station for example is a stand alone platform which needs to be able to support a whole fleet with repairs, supplies and such. How can it do so when it needs half of its 2000 drones just to get anywhere important (reload fuel). I say that the total drones per bay need to be raised from 1000 to either 5000 or even 9999 for a station. Also, the fuel needs to be raised to perhaps 25000 for the station. It burns it so damned fast, at least give it a 400kgu jump distance. (Especially if gates are being removed. Right now it takes 8 jumps to jump directly between some systems in the MV in a station.

At 5 minutes recharge per jump thats 40 minutes just to get to where you are going!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! To get from ONE system to another. This is UNREASONABLE!!! Imagine if you had go through 5 systems!!!!!!!!!

Yeah quite bothersome, Station should be able to start jumping EVEN if its out of range. This way it can resupply and it could do Very long jumps.

It would make it much more like a Deep Space support station

Goto the website of Barthezzz
JediKnight
Admiral

Posted: 2003-07-16 13:41   
Yes they doubled the fuel then they doubled the amount at which it drains

Goto the website of JediKnight
Pentara
Cadet

Posted: 2003-07-16 13:41   
Of course I want the patch first. 8) These are ideas/issues I'm raising for after the patch when the next next patch that fixes all these problems comes out.

And I agree Barthezz, thus my emphasis that the station is suppost to be a SUPPORT station (as it is called) and as it is right now it can't support much.

On a side note, once that is fixed I will eagerly be awaiting the BATTLE station. =:)

Deleted
Cadet

Posted: 2003-07-17 04:40   
Quote:

On 2003-07-16 13:25, Pentara wrote:

i thought that u an carry extra jump drives and swith them when theres not enough fuel?

NightDragon
Cadet

Posted: 2003-07-17 06:04   
not all drive useage got doubled on scouts firgates and destoryers its less useage than before, crusiers i think break even, dreads eat more, statoins eat much more

Patlukowsky
Marshal
Mercenaries of Andosia

Posted: 2003-07-17 06:41   
@fatfool

yes you can carry extra J-Drives. but when you build them in theys are empty.

as all device which need Fuel/ammo

Email Patlukowsky   Goto the website of Patlukowsky
DOM700 [-IMO-]
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2003-07-17 10:39   
@Pat I think more important for station users is the fact that they have to charge first as well

Never forget what you fight for
I have earned my betatester badge for being part of the open beta

Email DOM700 [-IMO-]   Goto the website of DOM700 [-IMO-]
Page created in 0.014600 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR