No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +1.2 Days

Search

Anniversaries

No anniversaries today.

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Staff Announcements » » Banning a player for gameplay...
 Author Banning a player for gameplay...
Faustus
Marshal
Palestar

Posted: 2001-10-05 16:25   
Just got word that a member of the DI clan banned a player for building the wrong kind of structures on a planet. This is not a reason to ban or kick a player, it's not an exploit to be new at playing this game. So be very careful about kicking a player unless your sure they are using an exploit.

-Richard

[ This Message was edited by: Faustus on 2001-10-05 16:31 ]

Goto the website of Faustus
Chromix
Cadet

Posted: 2001-10-05 17:19   
Hey, he was actually exploiting a bug, the so called "newbie bug" ... meaning he does all kind of silly things and let´s himself being killed all the time by 2nd vice admirals and jumps into planets all the time... so banning him is a good deed, as you reduce his prestige loss he suffers due to his gameplay...

No seriously... banning newbies is a really bad idea... for them, for the one who bans em and for the "growing" community...
The guidelines what to ban ppl for are pretty clear and understandable (at least I think so...)
Maybe change a small portion of code so that only admins of trusted servers can ban players from whole gameCQ, and those of untrusted ones only from their server.

Email Chromix
Deleted
Cadet

Posted: 2001-10-05 18:38   
banning someone for not knowing better is wrong...

though i know how fustrating it can be to give advice to newbie players and they do not listen... especially now when everyone's chatting text color is the same...

recently, after the reset, during a game i was in an UTGO engineer and someone in an ICC transport jumped to the planet i was building to capture it... knowing i couldn't damage him much in my lite engineer i preceded to use my tractor beam to keep him from orbiting the planet to buy some time for backup... at which point he msged me to stop, i replyed no way... then he sent me another msg calling me a Cheating A**hole... after which that said player received a PUSH off the game to go chill out...

so can moderators be more visible ingame like before with the green text? ie: easily distinguishable from the rest of the players... i know it won't solve all the problems but atleast when players see a moderator they will think twice about misbehaving, as well as maybe actually listen to what we say ingame... as well as the "What are you going to do about it?" ppl...

Vinco
Fleet Admiral
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2001-10-05 18:47   
Faustus, I talked to sunshine regarding this incident today. The moderator in question is not DI, at least not any more. DI does not keep members who we know to engage in this type of activity. Should any more problems with DI arise, please inform our clan leaders that we may investigate, and remove the player from the clan if needed.

Vinco

In Another Place

Honor is all.

Deleted
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2001-10-05 19:04   
Faus, you smeared DI's name!
*sniff sniff* Meaney!
The person in question quit DI over 2 weeks ago I believe...so I'm not sure how you thought he was still DI
Anyways I'm talking with sunshine about these incidents as well.

Deleted
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2001-10-06 01:30   
Ok well this is not good DI is and I will repeat the most freindly Clan There is.
1 off and DI mod who does not respect the new players will be removed permenetly from DI
2nd im ashamed that he who did such a deed had the Gaul to do it in the first place to bad they wore DI tags.
3rd off i would just like to say im sorry to the person who this happend to and would like to ask them to join the DIBC so we can teach them the ropes
4th off this will never happen AGAIN with any DI modes if so ill boot them myself even if they are the best team player or even leads a squad ther is no reson for such activitys and that means no room for people who cant work and help others in and though out the game!
again this will not happen again im truly sorry from all DI's im sure they all feel the same way i do
Thx for your time everyone

Deleted
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2001-10-06 02:57   
Er Hav...it wasn't a DI who did it...they were IN DI, but they quit quite a while ago...

DrMud
Cadet

Posted: 2001-10-06 05:59   
Quote:
Hey, he was actually exploiting a bug, the so called "newbie bug" ... meaning he does all kind of silly things and let´s himself being killed all the time by 2nd vice admirals and jumps into planets all the time... so banning him is a good deed, as you reduce his prestige loss he suffers due to his gameplay...

can someone call the guys with the white jacket plz ? whats in your head, mate ?
may be we should talk about the "lamer mod bug" : mods beeing insulted by everything even by html spam ("i dont undertstand what he says but its insulting me !") u know what i mean....

@faustus: first of all i would disable the ban option. i dont need it and some mods cant handle it. kick and push is enough.
make sunshine the one with the banning hand, we can contact him in certain cases.

Goto the website of DrMud
chris aka sunshine
Cadet

Posted: 2001-10-06 06:15   
different levels of mods could solve this .. so only a few mods have the rights to ban ...
but not sure if that's the right way ...

i would prefer to handle this with a simple conversation .. so i hope to see most of you on the next mod meeting on monday!

Email chris aka sunshine   Goto the website of chris aka sunshine
Page created in 0.015591 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR