No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +6.0 Days

Search

Anniversaries

14th - wolf420

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Fan Fiction » » The Anrieth Story (Darkspace Character Origins)
 Author The Anrieth Story (Darkspace Character Origins)
Nat
Marshal

Posted: 2003-07-17 11:02   
OOC: OK this is the first thing ive managed to write after my 2 years of writers block so be nice lol

=====================================================
Chapter 1 - Beginnings
Stellar date, April 5th 2264

Life on the planet Mycopia, in the stellar system named Luyten was, at often times, hectic. Due to the proximity of the system to ICC space the month was not complete without at least one ICC incursion into UGTO space. However, even in this environment life goes on. For it was on this star-crossed day that twins were born to loving parents.

The two children were named after the ancient Earthen mythical race of the Elves. Anrieth was the name given to the first born of the two, a name denoting honor and courage in the face of difficulty. Galanon was the name given to the younger of the two, a name denoting virtue and purity in all things. Their anmes were a gift from their parents symbolising that they wanted nothing but the best for their sons.

Their father was the second in command of the Mycopia defence forces, Commodore John Zanan. While their mother was an Exathran labourer named Karen White. The years passed without incident until the dawn of the 5th April 2280...

"This is your wake up call, the time is 0700 hours." The female computer voice sounded over the twin's bedroom.

Anrieth clumsily felt around for the snooze button of the alarm while still more than half asleep.

*yawn*"Galanon, you awake yet?" Anrieth asked while still wiping sleep from his eyes.

No answer.

"OI, get up" Anreith said slightly raising his voice while at the same time throwing a pillow at Galanon's face.

"I'm up, I'm up, sheesh your worse than the alarm clock" Galanon replied rather annoyingly as he had been woken from a nice dream.

"You better be, in case you've forgotten, we have somewhere to be today" Anrieth stated.

"Yeah, Yeah, I remember" Galanon stated matter-of-factly.

After they guzzled their breakfast and had gotten ready they headed out for their destination... The Militia Defence Headquarters. As this was their 16th birthday they were elligable to join the defence forces.

The building was busy as always. Anrieth and Galanon approached the front reception desk where a rather odd looking corporal was flicking through notes.

"Excuse me" Anreith interrupted the soldiers work.

The corporal looked up from his desk. "May I help you?" He asked.

"We are here for the entrance exams." Anrieth and Galanon replied in unison.

"Very well. Your names are?" The corporal asked.

"Anreith and Galanon Zanan" Anrieth replied.

"OK, please proceed to the testing rooms." The corporal instructed them.

Both Anrieth and Galanon passed their exams and were both enlisted into the defence corp as fighter pilots. After basic training Anrieth was assigned as Wing commander for the Zoca Defence Force, while Galanon was assigned as Flight commander for the Mycopia defence forces under the command to the command staff. No doubt his father had a say in that. Little did each brother know, that despite their desire to walk the same path they would be taking a drastically different one from each other.

[ This Message was edited by: Anrieth {C?} on 2003-07-18 21:39 ]
Captain Siphon Australis

Nat
Marshal

Posted: 2003-07-17 11:03   
Chapter 2 - Flashpoint

"RED ALERT, ALL HANDS TO BATTLESTATIONS"

Anrieth was awoken from a sound sleep by the sound of klaxons blearing. His communication console sprang to life next to him.

"Wing Commander Zanan. Report to the TACCOM room on the double" The voice was that of Ihzack's CIC, so it was definately of great importance.

Quickly getting up and dressed he began to run through the halls of the fighter base he was stationed at. Stoppinga t the entrance he made himself look half presentable before he entered the room.

"Glad you could finally join us Wing Commander" The General stated rather gruffy.

"Apologies Sir" Anrieth replied.

"Alright, listen up" The general shouted across the room.

"As of 0530 hours this morning, forward scouts detected a sizable ICC assault force entering Luyten through the Ross 248 jumpgate. This assault force consists of 2 stations, 4 assault class dreadnoughts, 6 missiles class dreadnoughts, 12 combat class dreadnoughts, 20 assault class cruisers, several heavy cruisers, numerous destroyer class ships, some frigates rigged for point defence, and 10 supply ships. No more information was obtained before the scout was discovered. Their first target is the Mycopia cluster. Defences are on full battle alert. A distress call has been dispatched and the Galactic Navy is en route. We only have to delay them for 2 days. Any questions?"

However, Anrieth's mind was not paying attention after the ICC fleets target was announced. Mycopia, his brothers post, about to be invaded.

"Wing Commander !!!"

The General's sudden outburst jolted Anrieth back to reality.

"Y...yes Sir?"

By this time the TACCOMS room was empty apart from the general and himself.

"Look son. I know you have a brother stationed on Mycopia. But, there is nothing you can do to help him, you must concentrate on helping yourself and the people of this colony. Is that understood?"

Anrieth looked silently at his boots.

"IS THAT UNDERSTOOD????" Bellowed the general

"Yes Sir" was Anrieths meek answer

"Very well, Dismissed"

Anrieth saluted then left the room.

He walked back to his quarters. He couldn't contact his brotehr or father as communications were restricted to high level military traffic only. Resigned to his fate, he lay down on his bed to get some sleep before the coming storm.

The communications terminal came to life, and again it awoke Anrieth from a sound sleep. This time, however, it was a news bulletin stating that the Mycopia cluster had fallen to the ICC force.

The door chime of his quarters sounded.

"Enter" Anrieth instructed

A messenger stood in his doorway and handed him a communique. It was from Commodore Zanan. Opening the letter Anrieth sat down in a chair and began to read.

'My Dearest Son,
If you are reading this then Mycopia has fallen, and I, I am most probably dead. Don't grieve though for there is a reason I asked for you to be stationed at Ihzack. I knew that the ICC force would come here first if they decided to invade. That is why I asked for you and your brother to be stationed at Ihzack, your posting was approved, your brothers, however, wasn't. At the same time as you are reading this a friend of mine, Commandant Leary of the UGTO command academy is also reading a communique from me.
Listen to me Anreith, you MUST survive this battle at all costs. Do not falter and hold your head high, you are my son. And remember both me and your mother love you dearly.'

The letter was simply signed 'Commodore Zanan'.

Anrieth retreated to his bunk, and for the first time in many years, he wept. He wept for his father, and the loss of his mother and brother to the rebellious ICC.

One day had passed since the report of Mycopia falling had filtered through. The GTN fleet was now only 3 hours away and getting closer.

"Condition Red, All pilots report to the flight deck"

Anreith jumped out of his seat where he was reading the letter for a seventh time. As he was pulling on his flight suit a voice echoed over the base intercom.

"All hands to battle stations, half of the ICC fleet has entered Ihzacks dictor range. Defence bases fire-at-will. All fighter scramble. This is nor a drill"

Anreith burst out of his dorr and ran to the fighter launch pad. Boarding his fighter he gave the order for his wing to launch. Like comets through the artificial atmospher of Ihzack they streaked upwards ten at a time to engage the scourge that is the ICC fleet.

The defenders of Ihzack were up against impossible odds.

"Alright boys. Lock anf load, we only have to delay them till GTN arrives. Don't do anything stupid" Anrieth ordered over the com system.

The fact that the ICC brought a station with them was a blessing as it takes a full 2 hours for it to reach orbit. In the day before the ICC had arrived at Ihzack minelayers had lain minefields to slow them down.

One of the first ships to be lost by the ICC was the Assault Dreadnought 'Rebellion'. It foolishly left the safety of the station and ran straight through a minefield while trying to destroy one of the system defence ships. The 'Rebellion' was dead in the water.

"Anrieth to all flights. Target that dreadnought, blow it out of the sky"

Within seconds the fighters switched targets. After ten minutes of constant pounding by the fighters the 'Rebellion's hull gave under the pressure and exploded. This caused the ICCs will to waver, the station slowed to half speed so that it could detect the mines.

"Nice work guys. That staiton wont reach orbit now before GTN get here. Don't get cocky though pick your targets and fire at will."

The hours passed like an eternity until finally....

"GTN Command to Ihzack Planetary Defence Force. What is your status?"

However, in that split second of loss of concentration Anrieths fighter was hit in the engines by a pulse beam.

"Mayday, Mayday. This is wing commander Anrieth. I have lost engines. Repeat. Mayday, Mayday."

As if it were answering that very call the flagship of the GTN, the EAD commissioned 'NSS Black Horizon', exited jump right next to his fighter.

Once his fighter was tractored into the EAD's cargo bay Anreith was called to the bridge.

"Welcome aboard Wing Commander" Admiral Weathers greeted him.

"Thankyou Sir" Anrieth managed to say before he collapsed on the bridge floor from exhaustion and grief.

[ This Message was edited by: Anrieth {C?} on 2003-07-18 23:24 ]
Captain Siphon Australis

Nat
Marshal

Posted: 2003-07-18 23:19   
Chapter 3 - School Days

Explosions rocked the ground beneath him.

"How can this be?!?" he thought to himself.

"One minute im on the bridge of the Black Horizon, and the next i'm on a planet"

He was thrown from his feet by an extremely close explosion. The world swirled and the darkness closed around him. Anrieth awoke with a start as he stared at the darkened cieling of the sickbay. The lights became brighter and he squinted as though his eyes had never seen the light of day before.

"Ah, so we are awake now are we?" It was Admiral Weathers.

"My Chief Medical Officer informed me you were finally back in the land of the living"

"How long was I out sir?" Anrieth enquired

"The better part of the week im afraid"

"And Ihzack?"

"Don't be concerned, the system is back in UGTO hands, although, I shall like to talk to you once you wake up and have had something to eat. Come to my ready room later."

"Yes Sir" He managed to get out as Admiral Weathers left the sickbay.

Several hours passed and after being discharged from sickbay and eating his fill Anrieth made his way to Admiral Weathers ready room. Once he reached the door he rang the bell.

"Enter"

"You wished to speak with me sir?"

"Yes, sit down Wing Commander"

"Thankyou Sir"

Anrieth sat down, still with sore muscles as he hadn't walked in almost a week.

"You should know, Anrieth, that the UGTO recaptured Mycopia"

Anrieth shifted uncomfortably in his chair.

"We have recieved final reports from our planetary forces. I'm afraid that your fathers remains were found in the militia headquaters with laser rifle in hand. It seems he died fighting. Also we have found no trace of your brother and mother, we assume they were taken to ICC space when they abandoned the system"

The silence lasted for five minutes but it seemed like an eternity.

"I understand sir, and I thankyou for telling me. I have one request."

"And that is?"

"I request passage to Sol sir. I have to take the entrance exams for the Command Academy."

"Very well. The Black Horizon is due back at Earth for scheduled maintenance in 2 weeks. Until then, you shall have the quarters located on Deck 24, Section 30."

"Thankyou Sir."

With a smart salute Anrieth left the Admiral's ready room and made his way to his new quarters. Strangely, upon reaching his new quarters, he found his personal belongings already in the room. Had the Admiral known he was going to ask for passage or was it just coincidence?

The 2 weeks passed quickly as Anrieth was busy studying for entrance into the Command Academy. While the Naval Academy took children in at age 12 to be taught, the Command Academy took those of age 16 to be trained in starship command. Upon the Black Horizon entering the Sol system, Anrieth recieved his written entrance exams over secure channels. He finished and sent them back within an hour and was immediately sent back a reply stating he was accepted. Anrieth's 100% entrance score guaranteed him a place in all streams offered at the academy. Determined to avenge his family he enrolled in starship command in order to become captain of a capital ship.

The years passed and Anrieths near perfect scores continued to impress his examiners.

January 2285
UGTO Command Academy, High orbit of Earth

The final year of his academy term had finally arrived. The entire last year of term consisted of a 3 month simulated campaign between the UGTO and the ICC. As fate would have it he was assigned to an ICC ship and his scores insured him command of a squadron. The final discisions were made. Anrieth would fly the Assault Cruiser designated Rebellion (Obviously someones idea of a joke). He would command a squadron of 1 dictor, 4 Heavy Cruisers, 10 Combat destroyers and 4 supply ships outfitted however the captains of the ships wanted.

He made sure to keep his ship design secret and it wasn't untill he was asked for his design for the simulator that he handed his schematics over. His assault cruiser would be outfitted with the following, AME engines, AM Jumpdrive, 2 AM torpedo launchers, 2 Proton torpedo launchers and 2 Fusion torpedo launchers he also outfitted 2 of the latest reactors with active shielding and a CL 2000. The officer looked at the profile of the ship wierdly but entered it in the simulator none the less.

That night he was bombarded by strange dreams. They were all the same. Set at the UGTO Naval academy on Luna he kept picturing a fight between 2 people. These were not normal people and it was not a normal fight. The 2 people were shifting shapes, one minute they were human, the next they were K'Luth and the fight was on the landscape of the mind. He had been telepathic since he was a child and no-one would/could tell him why. Either way, though, he didnt like his premonition.

The next morning he made his way to the simulator where he would be spending the next 3 months. They had been told that the ICC would be taking luyten and trying to puch to Sol. In the history of the academy this had only been done once, and that was because the student had reprogrammed the simulator.

"All ships report in"

Anrieth watched his console flash as the other students signalled thei simulated ships readiness. The simulater placed the ICC in Ross 248 with the UGTO fleets in every system from struve to Wolf 359. The signal was given and the ICC commander issued the orders. While the bulk of the ICC fleet assaulted Mycopia the Rebellions squadron was to take Ihzavk while a 2nd squadron led by the Intrepid was to take Zoca. As one, the ICC fleet entered the jumpgate to luyten.

As soon as his squadron was through the gate Anrieth issued orders to jump to Ihzack. The UGTO fleet would have only just recieved a distress call. They were still in Wolf when the first of the Rebellion's infantry were landed on Ihzack. Once all units were deployed 2 destroyers were charged with overseeing the operation of capturing Ihzack. The rest of his squadron jumped 4000gu from the Van Maanen gate, just inside sensor range. Anrieth ordered his fleet to arrange themselves so that each cruiser covered the inactive dictor with an ECM but didnt hide the other cruisers. The destroyers were ordered to wait outside sensor range until told to move in. When the UGTO fleet entered teh system all they saw were 5 cruisers without support. The UGTo commander decided to capitalise on this and ordered his dictor to jump behind the ICC cutting off their escape.

A surprise was in store for the UGTO, however, once Anrieth noted their dictor aligning he prepared to have his dictor activate its field. The secinds felt like hours until he saw the flash of the enemy's jump drive.

"NOW" he shouted.

The ICC dictor powered up its device, bringing the UGTO dictor out of jump a mere 200 gu from the front of the Rebellion. The destroyers were ordered to engage the UGTO fleet of 4 Cruisers and 12 Destroyers and keep them busy. As the destroyers harrassed the UGTo battle group the Rebellion and her cruisers quickly dispatched the dictor. Upon the dictors defeat the ICC dictor moved to just inside dictor range so that it could interdict the UGTO fleet. Many of the UGTO were dead in space from the flux waves some of the newer UGTO commanders seemed to favor.

Directing his squadron with impressive precision the UGTO were dispatched after a pitched battle with no casualties. This victory delayed the UGTO long enough for Ihzack, Zoca, Mycopia and Necroph to be captured. As the fleet finished off the system the Rebellion's battlegroup headed for repairs.

The defeat at the jumpgate quashed the UGTO's chances of saving the Luyten system and they fell back to Wolf to prepare a strong defence. Van Maanen fell to the ICC with little resistance and no casualties. By this time Anrieth had excelled in command so much he was given command of a battlegroup of 10 Assault Cruisers, 15 Heavy Cruisers, 7 Supply ships and 1 Dictor.

The push for Wolf would be hard, scouts reported Carrier Dreadnoughts as a part of the defensive forces. Anrieth suggested a multi-pronged attack on the jumpgate. ICC command approved his plan and placed the fleet temporarily under his command. The Rebellion's battlegroup aling with 4 Heavy Transports of inatry long jumped into Wolf and aligned the,selves for the Van Maanen Jumpgate. The dictor was sent to block the path from the Van Maanen gate to Wolf 1 and the transprots aligned to capture the planet.

Once all was prepared the signal was given and the Rebellion's battlegroup jumped the gate while at the same time the 2nd and 3rd battlegropus entered the gate to wolf. In unison the 2 segments appeared on the enemys sensors. They had no where to run and no where to hide.

The carriers that were sitting back from the battle were assaulted and caught by surprise by the Rebellion. They were quickly dispatched by the short range assault cruisers. In about the same amount of time the 2nd and 3rd battlegroups had routed the UGTO defenders who had outnumbered them. By the time the battle was run Wolf 1 was under ICC control and the rest of the system fell easily to the ICC with the UGTO falling back to Ross 148.

A week passed while the ICC were preparing for an assault on Ross 148. The UGTO managed to mass a fleet of 20 Battle Dreads, 10 Carrier Dreads and numerous cruisers to defend Ross. In recognition of his assault plan for Wolf Anrieth was given command of the fleet for the final legs of the assault on Sol. At 0300 hours on the 25th Feburary 2285 the ICC armada entered the jumpgate. The battle that followed was bloody and terrible even for a simulator. Both sides incurred losses, however Anrieth seemed to be able to predict the enemys moves everytime even before they started moving thus keeping ICC losses to a minimum. He obtained many personal victories and led the ICC to success sealing the fate of Ross 148.

There were many rumors flying around both the ICC and UGTO fleets about the commander leading the ICC to victory after victory. Most were not pleasant and some were downright spiteful. Anrieth, however, didn't let those bother him, he was too bust planning the Sol assault. Everything the UGTO had would be thrown in the defence of the home system.

At 2200hours on the 7th March the ICC began their assault on Sol. One of the Destroyers was left behind to keep an eye on the gate to Sol while the entirety of the ICC fleet long jumped into Sol. When the ICC fleet ahd arrived in Sol scouts reported that most of the UGTO fleet was at the jumpgate as well as a medium group waiting back in case they were attacked from both sides again.

From a styaging point inside Sol, battlegroups were split up and organised into 6 planet capture groups, 4 major groups and 2 minor groups. When all was ready the massive simultaneous assault on Jupiter's moons began with the 4 major capture groups targetting all the planets at once. The swiftness of the assault caught the UGTO and the planets by surprise. The ICC were in orbit and unloading troops by the time the planets defences had come online. Each of the planets was captured in unison as the UGTO fleet arrived they were greated by numerous cruisers and all hostile planets. These defenders, with Elite Assault Dreadnoughts amoung them, were dispatched frighteningly fast. As this was happening the 2 minor groups assaulted Titan and Uranus capturing them easily. With the majority of Sol under ICC control and the UGTO defense fleet in tatters, the time had come to assault Earth itself.

The rebellion itself led the charge on Earth. Planetary defences on Luna and Earth tried in vain to stop the advancingships. What little that was left of the UGTO fleet was crushed in orbit as they were trying to repair themselves, while millions of infantry were landed on Earth and Luna simultaneously. The hours rolled by while the defenses tried to rout the ICC and the UGTO ships valiantly died trying to protect the homeworld of the UGTO. In the end the ICC managed to capture Earth and Luna. The simulation ended as soon as this happened.

"Attention all students: This final test is concluded, please report to the Grand Hall." The computers voice signalled the end of a very long simulation.

Anrieths communicator came to life

"Cadet Anrieth, you are to wait behind, you will be escorted to the Grand Hall later."

His heart jumped to his throat. What could this mean? Did he fail in some way? Did he do something wrong? The minutes passed like hours until finally he was escorted by security guards to the hall. Upon entering the hall he was greeted by ........ applause, and standing ovations.

"Cadet Anrieth" Commandant Leary's voice echoed through the hall

The hall grew silent as the commandant spoke

"Due to you exemplary performance in leading the ICC force to victory in the final test, you are hereby promoted to 1st Liutenant. You shall be stationed on the Battle crusier 'Privateer'. Good luck to you in your first assignment...... Also, I wish to know who you thought you were fighting in the final test."

"Students like myself Sir" Anrieth replied

The commandant grinned widely

"True, in Luyten you were fighting cadets like yourself. However, in Wolf you were fighting against last years graduating class, hence why the UGTo fell back to Wolf instead of Van Maanen. In Ross you were fighting seasoned captains, these officers are those that command the bulk of our forces. And finally, in Sol, you were fighting against the UGTO elite, the Sol defensive fleet itself."

There were mumblings and open mouths throughout the crowd and Anrieth was sure he could feel his jaw hitting the marble floor beneath him. As if on cue a figure approached him from the side. It was Admiral Weathers.

"1st Liutenant Anrieth, I wish to offer you a post in the Galactic Navy. Will you accept?"

"With honor Sir" was Anreiths reply.

"Very well, you are to report to the UGTO station 'Stalwart' for reassignment 1 month from today"

"Yes Sir"

With that the Admiral turned and left the hall. After he had left the hall erupted into cheers and whistling. The graduation party to follow would definately be something else.

[ This Message was edited by: Anrieth {C?} on 2003-07-18 23:26 ]
Captain Siphon Australis

Page created in 0.011003 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR