No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +4.7 Days

Search

Anniversaries

21th - Chubba

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Developer Feedback » » About the next patch... my tought(long)
 Author About the next patch... my tought(long)
Ceridan
Cadet

Posted: 2003-07-23 14:24   
If annyone thinks this is a flaming post, think aggain. in an effort to do something constructive, i took the dev log and posted my tought here.

Quote:

- Shipyards are now implemented which allow a player to spawn or change ships at a planet with a shipyard built. The player can also select a shipyard before they enter the ship selection screen when joining the metaverse

Good now we wont have to go all the way to help people in Eri But should only be implimented in MV.

Quote:

Implemented the UniverseServer which acts as a central management server for the entire universe. This server performs several major functions:
- Spawning new servers and load-balancing the universe by splitting star systems between different servers on the fly to cut down on lag and handle much larger numbers of clients.
- Moving ships and any other objects between different servers without any noticed switching by the clients in-game.
- Keeping the entire universe stored in the database on the fly, restoring a star system with little or no loss in data if a crash does occur.
- Keeping the players storage and profile stored in the database on the fly as it is changed.

hopes this means no more lag. Not that its the worse lag case... just look at the now dead but not regretted Battletech 3050 online.

Quote:

- Interceptors and Bombers have new models associated with them. - G
- Current fighter models will become Assault Fighters. Their poly count has been drastically reduced, and any bump mapping on them has been disabled. - G

YAY now we can have new bombers... i wonder if they will give bombing press?

Quote:

- Ground units can now be stacked. The maximum number of ground units has been increased to 32. Additionally ground units can be ordered:
- Attack is the default order now, the unit will seek out other enemy units and destroy them.
- Fortify orders the unit to hunker down, giving them a bonus for defense against other ground units or orbital bombardment.
- Raze orders the unit to attack structures and installations.

hehehe *ceridan drop infa near hub and order it to rase it*:)

Quote:

- Limits have been placed on mines, fighters, and platforms within a star system. If the limit is reached, no new objects can be created. This is done to prevent players from crashing or lagging out the servers by creating massive mine fields or fighter swarms.

wasent this allready done? oh well annyway less lag and crash

Quote:

- Implemented new fighter AI and interface. Fighters will now fly in formation if launched with a friendly ship as the target. If launched with no target, they will fly in formation with the ship that launched them. The new interface allows you to redirect your fighters to new targets (friendly or enemy) and return home. Added several new fighter classes including a slower bomber fighter class for hitting plantary targets and a fighter with heavier weapons for attacking enemy ships.

Yay i can now save my figher by ordering them to dock with me before i jump

Quote:

Fighters will now engage other enemy fighters when encountered and will find a new target automatically if their current target is lost (i.e. cloaks or jumps out). They will return home automatically when fuel reaches 50%.

well that good 2
Quote:

- Implemented platforms which can be constructed by engineering ships. Currently only 3 platforms can be constructed: defense, supply, and sensor.

the platform reapers at last
Quote:

- Shipyards are now needed to build any ship above a frigate, this includes Supply, Destroyers, Cruisers, Dreadnaughts, and Stations. All other ships can be spawned by a jumpgate or shipyard for 0 cost in resources.

Should only implimented in MV or be able to build fast enought on planets
Quote:

- Jumping no longer requires you reduce your velocity to zero. You can now jump at any velocity, and you will exit your jump at your previous velocity.

We will be able to escape faster(no more use of the ejump:))
Quote:

- The K'Luth disruptor and it's associated mounts have become Medium Beam. Currently the only device mountable in a Medium Beam slot is the Disruptor.

YAY now k'luth wont be able to have cl2k drainers
Quote:

- Beam, Medium Beam, and Heavy Beam weapons now cease their discharge cycle when their target is destroyed rather than continuing to fire. This means that these devices have a faster total fire rate while functioning as point defense.

more use of Pulse beams(just put it with a higher range and reduce dammage:))
Quote:

- Cloaked K'Luth ships are now visible for teammates.

well no more hight FF from k'luth
Quote:

- You can now target ship systems of another ship. Just like with planets, when you target the ship, additional target indicators will appear allowing you to target the ships subsystems.

Yes we can now kill the nmy engine and tacyon drive
Quote:

- All cargo and units are transfered by drop pods. These pods move around the speed of a build / supply drone, and can be attacked by ship / planet beam weapons and other defenses. Additionally, they take damage and may require multiple hits to be destroyed.

more dificulties to cap planets... will have to bomb its power supply to iceage before caping it
Quote:

- Planets are now captured by the greater number of ground units on a planet. You are no longer required to destroy ALL enemy infantry to take control of a planet.

NO MORE RACK ROTATION YAY!!!!
Quote:

- The K'Luth bio-bomb now only kills enemy units, it no longer causes any damage to the structures on the planet.

now k'luth wont be able to bomb structure...

Well this was not a Flaming and i hope it wont turn into one... And Faustus,
hopes the patch arrive soon but we can wait since I understand the amount of work this is for one coder

[EDIT] heh forgot to put the / im the end quote tag
have a good day

[ This Message was edited by: ceridan on 2003-07-24 14:01 ]

stuck in Univercity limbo

Darksworde
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2003-07-23 14:34   
um. 1 question to pose to Faustus. Does pulse wave effect the inf drop pods?

Coz if it does, u might wanna change that else u will have nothing but a blue MV all the time.

Email Darksworde   Goto the website of Darksworde
Lith Ragond
Cadet
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2003-07-23 14:36   
Quote:
Quote:

Implemented the UniverseServer which acts as a central management server for the entire universe. This server performs several major functions:
- Spawning new servers and load-balancing the universe by splitting star systems between different servers on the fly to cut down on lag and handle much larger numbers of clients.
- Moving ships and any other objects between different servers without any noticed switching by the clients in-game.
- Keeping the entire universe stored in the database on the fly, restoring a star system with little or no loss in data if a crash does occur.
- Keeping the players storage and profile stored in the database on the fly as it is changed.

hopes this means no more lag. Not that its the worse lag case... just look at the now dead but not regretted Battletech 3050 online.

if it is a game played through an internet connectiont there will ALWAYS be lag, instantaneous data transfer with 100% effiecency does not exist

Quote:
Quote:

- Jumping no longer requires you reduce your velocity to zero. You can now jump at any velocity, and you will exit your jump at your previous velocity.

We will be able to escape faster(no more use of the ejump:))

of course there will be, especially for dreads, cause honestly, to jump the a planet still takes time to turn, and the few seconds difference between plotting a jump and just Shift-Eing could be the difference between your drive still being online.

Quote:

Quote:

- The K'Luth disruptor and it's associated mounts have become Medium Beam. Currently the only device mountable in a Medium Beam slot is the Disruptor.

YAY now k'luth wont be able to have cl2k drainers

i wonder what will turn out to be the Kluths heavy beam just something to think about.

Quote:
Quote:

- You can now target ship systems of another ship. Just like with planets, when you target the ship, additional target indicators will appear allowing you to target the ships subsystems.

Yes we can now kill the nmy engine and tacyon drive

yes, i feel bad for ICC/K'luth, Flux beams targeted specifically on your drives and JD

[quote]
Quote:

- All cargo and units are transfered by drop pods. These pods move around the speed of a build / supply drone, and can be attacked by ship / planet beam weapons and other defenses. Additionally, they take damage and may require multiple hits to be destroyed.
[quote]
more dificulties to cap planets... will have to bomb its power supply to iceage before caping it

to quote another part of the dev log:
Quote:
- Implemented limits on the number of projectiles that can be created per device. This effectively limits mines, bombs, and fighters to reasonable amounts preventing server crashes, lag outs, and other problems with too many objects getting created.

yay, now u need 10 BCs to make a good bomb cluster

"Nah, I just believe in the UGTO cause to a fanatical degree, the ICC have rebeled against the destiny of humanity, and should be punished " - Me

[ This Message was edited by: Lith Ragond on 2003-07-23 14:41 ]

Sandals
Fleet Admiral
Agents

Posted: 2003-07-24 00:26   
a couple of things about the bombing changes, think over the implications

-eventually, we'll have bomber fighters, which in addition to being tough targets, drop bombs themselves.

-infantry drop pods move at the same rate as MIRV bombs. Therefore you can cover infantry with a wave of MIRVs *or* vice versa.

-you can use more advanced tactics like overwhelming infantry locally at important targets like power generators, setting to raze, and using the opportunity to pound the planet with MIRVs.

Pakhos[+R]
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2003-07-24 00:46   
This is totaly unfair. If bombing will be so hard as people say then it is unfair for new players DS will have.

i mean , new player even cant dream to catch some high prestige people about bombing. Also they wont be able get their badges easy ..

just my 2 cents.

Sandals
Fleet Admiral
Agents

Posted: 2003-07-24 00:52   
did you uh, read what I posted?

Shigernafy
Admiral

Posted: 2003-07-24 02:03   
[quote]
Quote:

- Limits have been placed on mines, fighters, and platforms within a star system. If the limit is reached, no new objects can be created. This is done to prevent players from crashing or lagging out the servers by creating massive mine fields or fighter swarms.
[quote]
wasent this allready done? oh well annyway less lag and crash

Yes, it was already done via a script; now its actually in the game code.

[quote]
Quote:

- Shipyards are now needed to build any ship above a frigate, this includes Supply, Destroyers, Cruisers, Dreadnaughts, and Stations. All other ships can be spawned by a jumpgate or shipyard for 0 cost in resources.
[quote]
Should only implimented in MV or be able to build fast enought on planets

There is no option for "MV-only implementation." You can't specify that one option is available within FA and not within the MV, and vice-versa. Its all one code base, just with different servers running different things. So, what goes for MV also goes for scenarios.

Email Shigernafy
Ceridan
Cadet

Posted: 2003-07-24 14:10   
Quote:

On 2003-07-23 14:36, Lith Ragond wrote:
Quote:
Quote:

if it is a game played through an internet connectiont there will ALWAYS be lag, instantaneous data transfer with 100% effiecency does not exist

Lol u dint EVER played battletech 3050 online? it was cancel.. way 2 mutch lag, was almost never playable... That was the ONLY game taht lagged at that level. That was cause of Memleaks. well later

stuck in Univercity limbo

Eledore Massis [R33]
Grand Admiral
Templar Knights

Posted: 2003-07-24 14:19   
[qoute]
[/qoute]

so if you runn at 30 GU and you want to jump in on a battle you jump in at 30 gu nice speed if i say so

but if i remember there was a speed limit in jumps ??
like 15 gu or somthing??
or am i wrong

Tbone
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2003-07-24 23:54   
Quote:
There is no option for "MV-only implementation." You can't specify that one option is available within FA and not within the MV, and vice-versa. Its all one code base, just with different servers running different things. So, what goes for MV also goes for scenarios.

What about the infantry bug being fixed in the Mv but not in FA?

Email Tbone
Lith Ragond
Cadet
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2003-07-25 00:07   
Quote:
Yes, it was already done via a script; now its actually in the game code.

Sandals
Fleet Admiral
Agents

Posted: 2003-07-25 00:09   
by that lith means that there is a script running in the MV to remove infantry from your ship before it causes anyd amage, and apply1% hulll damage.

Page created in 0.018812 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR