No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/11/24 +5.8 Days

Search

Anniversaries

21th - Sir Oblivion {C?}

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Developer Feedback » » Change for the reload bays.
 Author Change for the reload bays.
Axianda The Royal
Fleet Admiral
Terra Squadron

Posted: 2003-07-30 14:01   
Why not give the reloads 3 modes.
Mode 1 like it is now.
Mode 2. Patch up. this mode will let you repair a ships systems and reload 2-3 times faster than mode 1 but it wont fix the armor or hull.
Mode 3. Hull fix. Just like above but this mode fixes the hull and armor and wont fix the system/reload

- Axi

Eledore Massis [R33]
Grand Admiral
Templar Knights

Posted: 2003-07-30 14:46   
a sugestion
another form of resuply
maby usefull in the current and maby another form
resuply parts
have them in your hold to repear your ship up to 100 units of the current supply amount or somthing

or a suplie lanches a box of resuply parts to an friendly ship whit in range of lets say 500 GU
it tracks fast and moves about 20 GU can be shot and can be captured
BUT emeny's are smart it just acts like a emp / nuke / AM mine if you try to load a enemy box op suply parts : that at 0.0 GU makes it not plesent

just idee's make comments or other sugestions

Tael
2nd Rear Admiral
Palestar

Posted: 2003-07-30 15:41   
One of the changes I suggested a while back and will probably revisit later will be that Supply ships can reload ammo and repair armor and systems as now...

Fighters will NOT be replaced by supply ships, Carriers would carrier Fighter Ammo and Fuel that could be replenished from the supply ships, but any lost fighters have to be replaced from a planet that has fighter bases or transfered to you from another carrier.

So for fleet raids deep into enemy territory, you might need to have one or two carriers ferrying fighters to the rest of the fleet. Simular to having to carry in new troops, tanks, and planes to a war zone...

It would create a need for supply lines and beachheads for deep strikes and raids.

I'd also like to see a Ships Crew be added, you could only get replacement crew from planets and Stations. Crew could gain skill which improves the function of systems and weapons, but lost crew would hurt you equally, and replacement crews would lower your skill rating slightly. Say you have a crew rating of 10, but loose 30% of your crew in a series of battles, so you get replacements from a station or planet, the new crew is no rate or low, so reduces your over all rating to 7. Experiance would again over time allow them to vet up.

Not saying this is happening, but its how I would like to see the supply system go.

Email Tael
Page created in 0.006387 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR