No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +6.1 Days

Search

Anniversaries

14th - wolf420

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Fan Fiction » » Make the K'luth Stronger!
 Author Make the K'luth Stronger!
GTW
Cadet

Posted: 2003-08-01 13:49   
It is a melancholy object to witness the great empire of the K'luth falling before the might of the human race. Instead of dominating the entire galaxy, they are forced to be content, with only nine star systems, even though they only face the numerically-challenged ICC and UGTO forces.

This gives them control of less than half a galaxy-hardly as much as a warlike empire would like to have. K'luth ships, slaughtered by the dozen because of the UGTO Elite Assault Dreadnoughts and ICC Assault cruisers, are helpless against such powerful forces.

My intention is therefore to even out the balance between the UGTO, ICC, and K'luth forces. This change will have a pronounced impact on Darkspace, as the UGTO and ICC will not be able, from the time of implementation, to exploit the inherent weaknesses in K'luth ships.

Another great advantage in this scheme will be to give a greater proportion of the galaxy to the territory-starved K'luth warlords, appeasing their savage desires for more human planets. This can be achieved quite easily with my proposal.

We first compare a Drainer to a UGTO Elite Assault Dreadnought. The Elite Assault Dreadnought will win, one on one, every time. This is completely unacceptable, because the Drainer is the mainstay of the K'luth fleet, and if it is unable to destroy every single enemy ship, it will be rendered useless.

However my scheme is far from just increasing the power of K'luth ships. It will also serve to weaken the human ships, so that they may be more of a match for the strenghtened K'luth. Also, planetary defences mechanisms will be looked at in this proposal.

I shall now therefore propose my own thoughts, which I hope will not be liable to any objection.

From masses of data collected in past battles, I have been convinced that the greatest problem with the K'luth is that their CL2000s are pitifully weak against the humans, and that they have a shortage of rear-mounted weapon slots.

I therefore offer to public consideration that the K'luth be given much more heavy beam slots, in which to mount additional CL2000s. The Drainer requires at least six to effectively destroy human ships. To cope with power problems caused by these additional weapons, the energy drain on CL2000s should be reduced, but only so on K'luth ships.

This will make the Drainer somewhat of a match for the Elite Assault Dreadnought. Next, the Drainer requires several rear-mounted weapons to fend off attack from the rear. I suggest a total of three specially rear-mounted torpedoes and an extra CL2000 be mounted at the back. This brings the Drainer to an almost equal status with the Elite Assault Dreadnought.

Finally, we remove the Beam slots and a piece of heavy armor from the Elite Assault Dreadnought, and the Drainer is perfectly matched to take on the once-formidable ship.

After hours of serious consideration, I have also decided to propose the modification of the K'luth fang scout. This ship is too small and weakly armored, and is of no use to the K'luth.

However, as an agent from deep within the K'luth ranks, code-named Juxtapose, informs me, this can be easily rectified with minor changes to the Fang hull design.

Five full-mounted CL2000 beams could be added to its current payload. We now have a combat-ready ship which the K'luth High Council will have no choice but to accept as a useful addition to the fleet.

To this three full Heavy Armor slots are added, bringing the Fang to more than an equal match with the Elite Assault Dreadnought. And our final modification will be to add three Electromagentic Countermeasures to the Fang, ensuring it cannot be detected.

Furthermore, this puts less of a strain on the precious resources of the pitiful K'luth, who are constantly being chased by a more powerful enemy.

With this second suggested increase in K'luth strength, the two opposing factions will no longer be able to easily destroy Fangs and Drainers with one salvo. Instead, they will need to use more tactics against the Dreadnought-annihilating Fang and Station-eradicating Drainer.

With these changes, the UGTO and ICC will no longer be able to score their previously easy defeats over the K'luth. This will bring the K'luth ever closer to achieving galactic dominion, and will bring into equilibrim the balance of power between the three factions.

Darkspace Interdiction : A Darkspace Fiction Site
Rule through fear of force, rather than through force itself.
-Grand Moff Tarkin

[ This Message was edited by: GTW on 2003-08-02 01:07 ]

Goto the website of GTW
Demorian
Fleet Admiral
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2003-08-01 13:52   
Oh my GOD, my sarcas'-o-meter has never been SO off the wall.

ROFL, thank you GTW, I needed that. You are the man.

-Dem

JackSwift
Cadet
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2003-08-01 13:52   
Sarcasm is my favorite literary device. Write on! (No pun intended )

\"Errare Human Est.\"

Email JackSwift
g0ds s0ldier
Grand Admiral
Pitch Black

Posted: 2003-08-01 14:00   

Imaginary Shifty
Midshipman

Posted: 2003-08-01 14:05   
if those go in im going to kluth and i dont really care

Beyond Imagination Hosted by Twisted Designs

Email Imaginary Shifty   Goto the website of Imaginary Shifty
Juxtapose
Grand Admiral
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2003-08-01 14:32   
Perhaps if those changes were also implemented to the Fang Scout Ship the credits of the K'luth Empire will not be so strained by those pilots wishing to expend soo much money on building expensive Drainers.

Merely give the Fang a few more CL2000's and atleast 3 more Hvy Armor slots (not to mention 2 more special Slots) and victory could be assured at half the presently suggested price.

Imaginary Shifty
Midshipman

Posted: 2003-08-01 14:38   
nah give a fang 8 special slots and no weaps stick on 3 tractors bye bye orbiting ships

Beyond Imagination Hosted by Twisted Designs

Email Imaginary Shifty   Goto the website of Imaginary Shifty
-=Arch=-
Cadet

Posted: 2003-08-01 14:52   
/me gives you a pat on the back .... that was funny.

I will from now until the release of the patch hold my comments. But all I can say is that unless you guys (UGTO & ICC) do some serious recruiting of ACTIVE members no matter what you do, or how bad you nerf the kluth, I dont think it will matter much.

40+ members in a fleet that is 95% inactive still wont matter much in the grand scheme of things.

Remember all the "UGTO were on the rampage BEFORE the PB showed up" posts ..... The MV told the truth, as it still does now. All you have to do is look at the map, it is self explanatory.

[ This Message was edited by: -Arch- on 2003-08-01 14:53 ]

Goto the website of -=Arch=-
GTW
Cadet

Posted: 2003-08-02 01:36   
I have revised the original manuscript to make way for revolutionary changes to the K'luth fleet involving the Fang Scout.

Goto the website of GTW
Page created in 0.018056 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR