No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +6.0 Days

Search

Anniversaries

14th - wolf420

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Fan Fiction » » A Story
 Author A Story
Tellaris
Grand Admiral
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2003-09-25 00:06   
Chapter 1:
Paperwork

1st Rear Admiral Herta sat at his desk, filling out the mountain of paperwork he had let accumulate over the weeks. His superiors, particularly Admiral Parker, were not pleased with his unscedueld "vacation". He even thought that Admiral Parker was looking to get him demoted as far as possible... Parker had always been trying to get rid of him. Ever since he and Parker had first laid eyes on eachother, he felt Parker's burning hate in him.

He kicked the bottom of his desk in frustration, spilling his coffee over the a pile of completed paperwork. Damnit!! he thought, as he whiped the mess up.

Admiral Parker walked in, and noticed Herta cleaning up the mess.

"Demoted to 'Janitor' already?"

"No, sir"

"Don't be smart. If I had my way, you would have been out of here yesterday, but you're fortunate Admiral Madwee thinks you have some potential"

Herta starts imagineing Parker being decapitated by flying debris.

"If you don't get this work in by 06:00 hours tomorrow morning, I'm personally giving you the boot down to Midshipman. You're a discrace to the UGTO, and don't you forget it"

"Yes sir"

Parker turns on her heal, and walks out in that military fashion that only the commoners know how to snicker at.
Herta, having finished cleaning the mess up, looks at the pile of paperwork.

"Its gonna be an all nighter... Better get more coffee"

Herta makes sure to wait until Parker has had enough time to get a good distance away, and then goes to get some more coffee, all the while imageing Parker getting demoted to something truely horrid... Herta's boot shiner.

Sorry, had to cut it a bit, had to log. Continueation...

Herta never had a chance to finish the paperwork, however. He was summoned to Admiral DeWagot's office, on his way back with his coffee.

"1st Rear Admiral Herta. We are moving you up to floor 125"

"Yes, sir, but may I inquire as to why I'm being moved AGAIN??"

"Admiral Parker's recommendation that you be moved up a little..."

"A little closer to Parker... Excuse my saying so, but she's a jerk"

"I know she's a little... hot headed, but don't let her get to you"

"I suppose its no coincidence that she's also the reason why I've been stuck behind a desk longer then every other 1st RA. And why I'm still a 1st RA."
"I'm not moving tell my work is done. I've got enough already"

DeWagot chose to ignore this.
"You're out of line. Don't worry, you'll get your chance. Fill the room by 11:00 hours. Dismissed."

"When hell freezes over" he wispered under his breath. He just knew this was her attempt to make him look bad...
Its not like Herta exactly had a problem with authority, he just had a problem with people who went out of their way to make his life more misserable. Being of about average hight, and not very physically strong, his philosphy was generally non-violence. This aptly made him the target of abuse for everyone above him throughout his military career. Herta was the obvious first choice for Parker.

Parker is, obviously, one of those pestering obsticles in life that will do their best to keep you down, through any means neccesarry. Basically, a jerk who needs to pick on others to make themselves feel better. (Also known as a workplace bully) Also of average hight, constantly having a look of if she had just smelt something funny, and was trying to figure out who did it.

Herta went back to his office, with a look of long suffering on his face. His coffee was left, forgoten on the edge of DeWagot's desk. DeWagot noticed it, and decided to keep it for himself.
Herta remebered his coffee, but knew it was too late, whatever entered DeWagot's office that got forgoten, never saw the light of day again...

Herta immediately got back to work. He worked through the night, and, while doing this, filled out a form for a leave of absence for tommorrow. It wasn't likely to be cleared, but he decided to do it anyway. And if they even looked at it immedately, it still wasn't likely to happen... His hope was that it wouldn't get proccessed for over a month, and once they took a look at the date, he was likely to get a whole week of leave. Besides, he always like giveing everyone else more work to go through, when he had to deal with heaps like the one he had.

When he was just about to finish the last piece, Admiral Parker walked in.

"Its time. I hope you're done..."

When she noticed he was not, a smile slowly grew across her face.

"Hehe, its time... And you're not done... Say hello to the old Midshipman rank, you're gonna be there a while!!" She said gleefully.

"There, done."

Her smile vanished. She checked the time. She swore silently to herself, and marched out of the room. Herta smiled to himself, as he relaxed back in his chair. This was the first time he purposely tried to get back at Parker, and it felt good... A thought of reporting her as an ICC spy crossed his mind, but he dissmissed it immediately. The last thing he wanted was more paperwork.

[ This Message was edited by: Baikon on 2003-09-25 17:34 ]

Page created in 0.010296 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR