No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
04/27/24 +2.8 Hours

Search

Anniversaries

No anniversaries today.

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Client Installation Issues (Hardware/Drivers) » » I click. It crashes.
 Author I click. It crashes.
Deleted

Posted: 2003-10-07 22:22   
Ok. I'm not sure if it's a system problem or what, but whenever I click anything on the startup screen, it closes out and nothing happens. I've clicked on Lobby, Tutorial, Map Editor, See Missions, everything. Each time I click on an option, the program closes. I'm hoping it's a hardware problem and not a bug, because then I can fix it easily. But, the first time I clicked on Lobby after downloading it, it started downloading other files. I sat for a while until the downloads were about half done, and then I had to go to bed, so I canceled the downloads. Now, they don't come through anymore and the crash occurs instead.
Just in case, I'm operating under a hp pavilion v50 with windows XP. I have all my drivers and stuff as up to date as I can get them (most recent update was August 14) and I have directX 9. I have shockwave and flash up to date, in case those are needed, and, as far as I can tell, the only thing on my system not currently "state-of-the-art" is my video card, which is the same one I got with the computer. I got the computer two years ago.

So, if anyone is having the same problem, I can relate....and please help.

NoPants2win
Cadet

Posted: 2003-10-07 22:30   
Okay, methinks this is easy enough to fix. Although you will have to download more so make sure you have a lot of time.

The problem is that you downloaded half the files and stopped. And now its confused. It will likely work after you reinstall.

[ This Message was edited by: WDPFF on 2003-10-07 22:39 ]

Goto the website of NoPants2win
TheEvilGriffin
Cadet

Posted: 2003-10-07 22:31   
Sounds like a possible corrupt install, sugest uninstalling and reinstall. If that dont do it, come back and let me know. Also 2 years ago does NOT tell me anything Whats the name of the Vid card and model, should say if not on some paper work on the card itself.

Good Luck!

Griff

[ This Message was edited by: TheEvilGriffin on 2003-10-07 22:31 ]

Email TheEvilGriffin
Tellaris
Grand Admiral
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2003-10-07 22:32   
The problem probobly originates from while you were patching the game. I don't quite see how, but it is possible that while the download was in progress, it may have been replaceing key files related with GCQL. This probobly means you will have to uninstall/reinstall it... But I'm not sure.

NoPants2win
Cadet

Posted: 2003-10-07 22:36   
Hahahaha! Beat you good Griffin!

Goto the website of NoPants2win
Page created in 0.018913 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR