No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/11/24 +5.5 Days

Search

Anniversaries

15th - Rise

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Developer Feedback » » A few sugg's
 Author A few sugg's
Bobamelius
Grand Admiral
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2003-10-09 18:39   
Respawn
It might be nice if there was a respawn time, starting from Dessie up. Like :30 dessies, :45 cruisers, 1:30 dreads and 2:00 stations or something like that. So people don't lose dreads then bring in another one right away...

Group Attack
Pretty simple, a key command, like Control-A or something, that tells everyone in your Group to attack that person, instead of the group leader having to call out the name of each target...

This one probably isn't a very good idea, but I throw it out anyway...
Since you can have 6 ships in your Garage, what if you could bring the other 5 out with the one you're using as AI controlled... kinda like Fighters they'll pretty much have you set to Follow and attack your target like the new fighters would.

[ This Message was edited by: Bobamelius on 2003-10-09 18:56 ]

Email Bobamelius
Fattierob
Vice Admiral

Posted: 2003-10-09 20:49   
Quote:

On 2003-10-09 18:39, Bobamelius wrote:
Respawn
It might be nice if there was a respawn time, starting from Dessie up. Like :30 dessies, :45 cruisers, 1:30 dreads and 2:00 stations or something like that. So people don't lose dreads then bring in another one right away...

Would YOU want to wait that amount of time before being able to selec tanother ship? Most people lose the will to sit after 10-20 seconds (staring at "you where killed" buttion isn't exactly fun.)

Quote:

Group Attack
Pretty simple, a key command, like Control-A or something, that tells everyone in your Group to attack that person, instead of the group leader having to call out the name of each target...

it's a good idea, i like it maybe a little arrow pointing at their diamond perhaps, eh?

Quote:

This one probably isn't a very good idea, but I throw it out anyway...
Since you can have 6 ships in your Garage, what if you could bring the other 5 out with the one you're using as AI controlled... kinda like Fighters they'll pretty much have you set to Follow and attack your target like the new fighters would.

your right it's not i see people abusing this, attacking with 6 stations and such. it's a good idea, but people like to abuseto gain the edge

Bobamelius
Grand Admiral
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2003-10-09 20:56   
Sure you'd select the ship you wanted, you just wouldnt pop out of the jump gate right away. Currently it's better to damage an enemy and let him run away because he'll go somewhere to repair his ship, and thus stay away longer rather than just popping into another dreadnought and coming right back.

(Oh yeah it says Midshipman but I'm really an expired VA)

[ This Message was edited by: Bobamelius on 2003-10-09 20:56 ]

Email Bobamelius
Shigernafy
Admiral

Posted: 2003-10-09 21:57   
A delay before picking a ship after dying (especially in the case of self-destructing) makes some sense - HQ probably won't be too happy with your destroying a fancy ship of theirs, and will be slightly reluctant to let you take out another one.

If you wanted some sort of a ship-loss penalty system like this, I'd see it going in two ways, not necessarily mutually exclusive:

1. There is a production speed to every type of ship. Dessies can be made at the rate of 1 per minute, cruisers one every 2.5 minutes, Dreads at one per 8 minutes, and stations one every 20 minutes (random numbers). The production could be constant for all of them - so after 10 minutes, there are 10 destroyers, 4 cruisers, 1.25 dreads, and half a station available for flight (obviously fractional ships aren't pilotable; I just give that for demonstrative purposes). If dreads are dying at a rate of one every 3 minutes, eventually you'll run out of dreads and have to switch to something lower until more can be made.

2. There is a lockout for the higher class ships after you lose a valuable vessel. You're always allowed to take out frigates, scouts, light supplies, transports, engineers, and extractors. However, if you lose a ship higher than that, you're locked out of higher ships for a certain amount of time. Here's a layout of what I mean:

Time penalties: Dessie: 20 seconds. Cruiser: 35 sec. Dread: 60 sec. Station: 90 sec.
Percentages: Dessie: 10% Cruiser: 30% Dread: 60% Station: 100%

When you die, a timer starts before you gain enough trust again to get the higher ships. You're locked out of the higher ships for a time, based upon what ship you died in (see above times). You're then locked out of certain classes for a percentage of the time, based upon the above percentages.

Demonstrative scenario:
You die in a dread. This incurs a 60 second death penalty. Upon arriving back in the ship select screen, you're presented with the ability only to select frigate and below class ships. After 6 seconds (10% of the time), destroyers become available. After 12 more seconds (18 total), cruisers become available. At the post-death 36 second mark, dreads open up for play, and then after 60 seconds total, stations are available.

I hope you get the idea.

I think this provides a bit more balance to the suggestion - it doesn't make people just sit around, yet still provides the basic penalty for their death.

Email Shigernafy
Pope
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2003-10-10 02:10   
shig, you are a genius

Drafell
Grand Admiral
Mythica

Posted: 2003-10-10 03:32   
The first suggestion will already have some sort of implementation in the resources system that shipyard use. Once a planet runs out of res then you wont be able to pull out any big ships from it. If you already have the ships built and prepared in your garage, then why wait for them to be built?

As for the second suggestion... It sounds good. Maybe double (or even triple) the time penalties if it as a result of a self destruct.

Goto the website of Drafell
Page created in 0.008365 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR