No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/11/24 +4.6 Days

Search

Anniversaries

1st - UntenHund

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Beta Testing Discussion » » Disliked Beta Features
 Author Disliked Beta Features
Krim {C?}
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2003-10-10 08:21   
Beta has quite a few changes to it, there are all sorts of modifications to the interface and the way the game works. Some things like the Planetary Management screen going from F5 to F3 are annoying, but will just take some getting used to, other things however just don't work, I encourage others to reply with constructive feedback to my post.

Chat System: The beta chat system just doesn't work well, communication is KEY in this game and with the current system there are too many ways to mess it up. Pressing Return to open the window and then perhaps not wanting to say anything, or cancel the window out, return should do this, but instead you need to type something (anything at all) but it forces me to output some bizzare opiwjdwij lines to close the chat window. Also, the buttons aren't selectable in any fashion other than the mouse, that I know of. The Previous prefix system worked much better than the current beta system, IMHO. Not being able to talk to your enemies is... good and bad, i'm not sure yet if I like it or not.

Tach Jumping in Nav Screen: There have been other posts on this subject, but just to reitterate, PLEASE bring this feature back.

I thought there was more I wanted to say, but I'm having a brain freeze, please feel free to add to this list if you would like.

GTN - Veneratio est Totus

Goto the website of Krim {C?}
Doran
Chief Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2003-10-10 10:00   
i think that chat system has got to be the single biggest complaint about the beta

proposed solution: keybinds!!
say...F8 for global chat (red) F9 for team chat(green) then maybe F10-11 for fleet/faction/yell and what all else

tho i think the whole of teh keybinding options needs to be redone first...

theG
Cadet

Posted: 2003-10-10 10:12   
Quote:

On 2003-10-10 10:00, Doran wrote:
i think that chat system has got to be the single biggest complaint about the beta

proposed solution: keybinds!!
say...F8 for global chat (red) F9 for team chat(green) then maybe F10-11 for fleet/faction/yell and what all else

tho i think the whole of teh keybinding options needs to be redone first...

Exactly WHAT I said already WAY BACK, WAY BACK ago....

But I said to use the keys of Home, End, Page up & down, Delete and Insert as your Chat functions...
Wouldn't this be so simple?....
Yep

Ur rigth about the Jumping in F2 screen u can't. I was told this is a bug and your suppose to be able to, I think?

I also came up with a New indicatior system so what ever you targeted it would show speed, energy, damage and armor. Called the D.A.S.E system. Would be kewl to know and we already do this in todays military. We know how fast a enemy jet is flying and how much thrust he is possibly using. So why can't we have this in the future?...

Goto the website of theG
Sandals
Fleet Admiral
Agents

Posted: 2003-10-10 13:08   
The chat system has been brought up many times...

FYI, there ARE chat shortcuts for all the various functions, similar to the ones we have now.

Calm down, guys.....

T|t@n {C?}
Cadet

Posted: 2003-10-14 13:24   
some things i spoted:

1. Cappin enemy planets is way to easy. i had a fully build planet with 4 elites and 12 vets (2 of em with defend active), 5 barracks and some def and 20 enemy vets capped the planet within 20 sec. didnt even had time to react on the invasion.

2. Defbases dont fire on enemy inf pods .. why??? dont they see em??? isnt the def the first thing to break to get inf down a planet with pods???

3. UGTO EMP Cannon. i (icc assault dread full shield and systems) got jumped by schak (unmodded ead). he hit me with his torps twice(!!!) and than with his emp and all my systems were down before i could even counterattack him. thats not the way to be....

4. Chat. Where is the option to talk to all enemy (old /e??). Wth is the difference between fleet chat and faction chat?????? (only for mixed faction fleet scenarios???) what good is yell for????

5. removed playerships dont add res back to planet???? where do they go to??? float in space like our spacejunk up there????

6. why dont you have to stop to 0gu/s to jump anymore??? jumping to a planet with 20gu/s isnt a good idea isnt it??? (at least i dont see my ship stoping before jumping)

7. cuz its my lucky number

NoPants2win
Cadet

Posted: 2003-10-14 17:03   
Whats so important about jumping in nav? Just hit f2 again and then J. It takes all of a quarter of a millisecond. My internet latency is greater then that.

-edit: the one feature I do dislike is jumping at above 0 gu/sec. It forces a dictor if you want to get any kills. Personally I would rather track them down and kill them.

[ This Message was edited by: WDPFF on 2003-10-14 17:06 ]

Goto the website of NoPants2win
Tbone
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2003-10-14 18:21   
I hate the chat system. I don't see what exactly is wrong with what we have now.

As for the infantry capping it in 20 seconds, remember that planets actually will have 32 infantry, not 16. Its just not in beta yet. And the cannons are bugged I think (at least they better not meant to be that powerful).

It may take a 1/4 of a second Yule, but its just the convience of being able to jump from inside the navigation screen. Why should it take 4 clicks instead of 3 (current: F2, click planet, hit J instead of beta: F2, click planet, F2, hit J)? And technically why shoulnd't you be able to jump from inside navigation anways? Its navigation isn't it?

Email Tbone
Gideon
Cadet

Posted: 2003-10-14 22:21   
I do know that send to all enemy (/e) would send to EVERYONE in the MV, because it's seen as one big server by the game. That had to be removed due to spam issues.

Email Gideon
Page created in 0.029188 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR