- Weekly DarkSpace
04/20/24 +2.0 Days

Search

Anniversaries

20th - Evellon
16th - faudin
14th - moriens

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » General Support » » How to Validate E-mail Address
 Author How to Validate E-mail Address
Nat
Marshal

Posted: 2003-10-28 01:56   
For all those new people out there here is the way to validate your e-mail address so that your account doesn't get culled and so that you can join or create fleets.

Step 1 - Click the profile button at the top of GCQL (the game client you are currently in)

Step 2 - Click on the "Edit Profile" link along the top of your profile, a new browser window will open with your profile details in it.

Step 3 - Ensure your e-mail address is correct then scroll down to the bottom of the page using the side scroll bar.

Step 4 - Click on the button marked "Validate E-Mail". Wait for about 5 or so minutes then check your e-mail.

Step 5 - Click on the link enclosed in the E-Mail that is sent to you to validate your address.

After following these steps your account will not be culled and you will be able to join and create fleets.
Captain Siphon Australis

seniorcheifroach
Cadet

Posted: 2008-11-09 13:35   
i keep trying to and i never get the email

Email seniorcheifroach   Goto the website of seniorcheifroach
seasofstars
Lieutenant Commander

Posted: 2009-11-20 23:51   
Apologies for the mega thread necromancy but I can't the confirmation E-mail either. Does this have the same effect as before, with the account culling and not joining fleet's, etc.

[GA]Alastor Hoolaa
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-02-17 15:58   
i never get e-mail validation

Eledore Massis [R33]
Grand Admiral
Templar Knights

Posted: 2010-02-17 17:43   
Quote:
On 2003-10-28 01:56, Nat wrote:
Step 5 - Click on the link enclosed in the E-Mail that is sent to you to validate your address.

Please Login...

Copyright �2000-2010 by Palestar, All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR

the URL's are not working for me.
even when copy pasted.

Doran
Chief Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2010-02-17 19:15   
http://www.darkspace.net/?module=verify.php

Riley(retired)
Midshipman

Posted: 2010-02-17 22:50   
1. http://www.darkspace.net/?module=verify.php
keeps saying Please Login, even after i logged in.. so i added my sid to it
------------------------------------------------

2. http://www.darkspace.net/?sid=xxxxxxxxxx&module=verify.php
produces:
Failed to activate your account!
Check your email address listed below, correct if necessary. If you make any changes, click on the button to resend a verification email. NOTE: Your email address is kept private, it will not be sold or distributed to any other 3rd party.
------------------------------------------------

3. So I click on "Change email" and get this:
A verifcation email has been sent to s****@s***********.com...

Failed to activate your account!
Check your email address listed below, correct if necessary. If you make any changes, click on the button to resend a verification email. NOTE: Your email address is kept private, it will not be sold or distributed to any other 3rd party.

it claims the email was sent to my email address but it never comes. the particular email address i am using is one i have hosted on my own machine. The machine is a professionally maintained server that I rent, so i know my mail server is properly setup because of that and because i have never had any such issues with any other company that i'm aware of and i do not filter any mail of any sort. My access logs reflect nothing trying to communicate with my mail servers around the time i should be getting my verification email.
The fact that there is an error proceeding the message that told me my email was "on its way" makes me lean more toward thinking it is a issue on palestars end; be that script-end or server-end, IDK.

either way the only reason i responded to this is cause i still dont have a validated email address due to this problem and i dont want to create a yahoo account just to validate my darkspace account. would somebody with the power please validate my email? thanks

wizlawz
Ensign

Posted: 2010-05-04 20:45   
werked for me in less than 10 minutes,

however though i found a thread saying this game is free my account at the top says DEMO ACCOUNT so i went into game log in and there was no edit profile (i guess as i already validated my email.) to see if i could get off the "DEMO ACCOUNT"; but eh i cannot afford a sub (10$ is not a killer i know but cant afford a sub atm) so this means a sub correct?

Doran
Chief Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2010-05-04 20:49   
Quote:

On 2010-05-04 20:45, wizlawz wrote:
werked for me in less than 10 minutes,

however though i found a thread saying this game is free my account at the top says DEMO ACCOUNT so i went into game log in and there was no edit profile (i guess as i already validated my email.) to see if i could get off the "DEMO ACCOUNT"; but eh i cannot afford a sub (10$ is not a killer i know but cant afford a sub atm) so this means a sub correct?

the Subscribed and DEMO flags were left over from before darkspace was entirely free to play. if you update your lobby client (alls you should need to do is restart it) those two flags should disappear (they were removed with the previous update)

wizlawz
Ensign

Posted: 2010-05-04 20:51   
ahhh ok and lobby client meaning the "game log in" yes?
and thnxz

Page created in 0.016485 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR