No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/11/24 +4.2 Days

Search

Anniversaries

1st - UntenHund

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Beta Testing Discussion » » some questions and comments on beta
 Author some questions and comments on beta
Raiders
Cadet

Posted: 2003-10-30 17:38   
[I'm silly and feel the urge to be immature] Well alot of the stuff I noticed is already posted on but some things i didn't notice. The first is about troops.

Is there a range even in orbit of a planet to pick up troops? I couldnt load from the opposite side of a planet.

I really like the landing pods, and being able to drop your entire hold in 1 command, alot less clicking

You can't set orders to troops on your ship and have it still active after landing on a planet, it just resets to none

When capping a planet, after the last enemy troop dies all troops on the planet disapear for up to 30sec. Is this a bug?

Now for jumping.I'm getting some graphics error during jumps that i don't have in release, the cloud effect graphic gfx cards a gf4 5200ultra latest drivers

Wow jump fuel gos a long way wish i had that kind of mpg in my truck

Jump limit should be controlled by your fuel. I couldn't jump further than 520k or so

The sync problems were what bothered me the most. After a disco and rejoining the server half the time was out of sync, this is alot harder to notice with all the planets icons apearing before orbit.

I think this was a sync issue but it confused me, After a disco/rejoin I couldnt change research at a colony hub it would turn on and immediately turn off

Overall the changes are great for what I saw (was only an engi and a tranny) the new seeing all faction on all servers make comunications awhole lot easier. The jump fuel you have seems about right maybe even alittle high. And i feel more comfortable with the nav and Fkeys, from older game code spiffied up?

Death is just the first step along an unknown path

Email Raiders
Strategery
Grand Admiral
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2003-10-30 17:51   
I found many of the same problems over a few hours of testing over the last couple days. i would say the one that bothered me the most was the research bug where I would se t something to be researched and it either wouldn't activate or just disengage the research after a few seconds. I found myself having to check back on it countless times just to make sure it was set correctly.

I had an issue with short stopping a jump and my ship disappearing. I think this is a well documented bug so I won't even speculate on whas causing it. Maybe something with the cross zone jumps. I'm sure F is working on it already.

Either way, I want to be able to test out bigger ships, considering I am a subscriber and almost an FA anyway in the release version. I'm also a little baffled as to why F changed the F1 - F5 menus when everyone is pretty pleased with the status quo. Maybe just for a new look, but I liked it the way it currently is. I'm sure i'll get used to it eventually. Pretty good work. I'm very impressed with the Universe server idea.

[S.W] Grand Admiral Strategery
ICC Master Battle Strategist (ret.)
Proud Commander of the C.S.S. Ticonderoga

Email Strategery
Page created in 0.008295 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR