No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/11/24 +5.8 Days

Search

Anniversaries

21th - Sir Oblivion {C?}

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Developer Feedback » » Things i dont like...
 Author Things i dont like...
T|t@n {C?}
Cadet

Posted: 2003-11-07 09:36   
... as they are written in the dev log and may come into the patch

for example:

- Planets are now captured by the greater number of ground units on a planet. You are no longer required to destroy ALL enemy infantry to take control of a planet

lets say the enemy come with 4 full transports and unloads 40 inf means they have much more inf on planet as the defenders... and i dont think you have enouth time to get transporters to get more inf there in time...
(i seen it on beta server... a planet with 16 units capped by 20 units in less than 30 sec...)

also i dont like:

- The K'Luth bio-bomb now only kills enemy units, it no longer causes any damage to the structures on the planet.

this mean you strip the kluth the only planetary weapon they have and give them nothing to destroy a building... how should you kill a hub or a defbases when they have nothing to deal with that????? i dont see a "added new bomb to kluth" thingy in the devlog... besides if you add the qsb back in and give it to humans only (as is heard long time ago) the human have 3 planetary weapons which do even dmg buildings and wipe out everything with 1 hit and the luth have nothing... think about the def stars on fa... only way for luth to cap it is to gain a human hub and build mirvs.. means in sol and io is build as defstar luth cant win the map without human tech... so i say definatly no...

and...

- Added a random entry to the Development Log to see if anyone would notice it.

i found it too...

also i think you should change the spacabar as alpha strike... i hate it when return didnt respond and you start writing to a target and hit space... think about a station doing this to a scout in range... i say thx for ff... (or make it possible to change it in the keyoptions last time i checked it hasnt been there)

[ This Message was edited by: T|t@n {C?} on 2003-11-07 09:37 ]

Sardaukar
Admiral
Raven Warriors

Posted: 2003-11-07 16:22   
Quote:

On 2003-11-07 09:36, T|t@n {C?} wrote:
... as they are written in the dev log and may come into the patch

for example:

- Planets are now captured by the greater number of ground units on a planet. You are no longer required to destroy ALL enemy infantry to take control of a planet

lets say the enemy come with 4 full transports and unloads 40 inf means they have much more inf on planet as the defenders... and i dont think you have enouth time to get transporters to get more inf there in time...
(i seen it on beta server... a planet with 16 units capped by 20 units in less than 30 sec...)

Thatss why planets now hold 32 (it think) infantry that can be stacked on each other, set to fortify so that they are harder to kill, and remember that infantry must actaully make it to the surface, past defense beams. If I remember right, less than half of your droppods will actually make it on a well fortified planet. Also, the planet can change back to its owners once it is refortified.

Also, I'm sure he dev team didn't forget to give the K'luth a new bomb. We just haven't heard about it yet .

[ This Message was edited by: Sardaukar {C?} on 2003-11-07 16:24 ]

Novacat
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2003-11-07 16:36   
Perhaps the defenders are still considered winning until the defenders are reduced lower than 5 inf, than the "greater inf takes control" rule kicks in.

Goto the website of Novacat
Bobamelius
Grand Admiral
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2003-11-08 00:30   
I think there should be at least double the inf for it to be taken (or no opposing inf)

Infantry Jettisoned...

[ This Message was edited by: Bobamelius on 2003-11-08 00:30 ]

Email Bobamelius
Gideon
Cadet

Posted: 2003-11-08 00:37   
Quote:

On 2003-11-07 09:36, T|t@n {C?} wrote:

- The K'Luth bio-bomb now only kills enemy units, it no longer causes any damage to the structures on the planet.

this mean you strip the kluth the only planetary weapon they have and give them nothing to destroy a building... how should you kill a hub or a defbases when they have nothing to deal with that????? i dont see a "added new bomb to kluth" thingy in the devlog... besides if you add the qsb back in and give it to humans only (as is heard long time ago) the human have 3 planetary weapons which do even dmg buildings and wipe out everything with 1 hit and the luth have nothing... think about the def stars on fa... only way for luth to cap it is to gain a human hub and build mirvs.. means in sol and io is build as defstar luth cant win the map without human tech... so i say definatly no...

Well, this could also be seen as an advantage. Let's say the enemy has troops on buildings like the hub, which you want to take intact. MiRVs means you have to wipe out the building too. Bio bombs means you can take down the troops, and then take the planet intact with troops. Anyways, if you need to nuke a building, then mod in MiRVs. Nothing stopping you.

Semper ubi,
Sub ubi

[ This Message was edited by: Gideon on 2003-11-08 00:37 ]

Email Gideon
Bobamelius
Grand Admiral
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2003-11-08 01:37   
Gideon said something about a telekinetic bomb...?

Infantry Jettisoned...

[ This Message was edited by: Bobamelius on 2003-11-08 01:38 ]

Email Bobamelius
Page created in 0.017299 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR